WaistAways Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited October 2022
    And a different set of bravos for the final results for September...

Green weigh-ins all the way through @KellyBgetsfit - wonderful accomplishment. That consistency put you in first for our team for September.
    @kellie_erin @MoonlitMuse Nice work as well ladies!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    @lauren_989
    Wonderful, glad to have you.
    The challenge starts today, Sun Oct 2. The week to report on will run Sunday to Saturday :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Before I forget! Last week's somewhat spotty exercise for you @ashleycarole86 :

Sunday - 10,292 + 45 bike
    Monday - 8193 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Tuesday - 6778
    Wednesday - 6751+ 25 Pilates + 45 bike
    Thursday - 13,555
    Friday - 9057 + 35 Pilates
    Saturday - 11,899 + 45 bike
  • jugar
    This was a very quiet day. My vegetable garden is now officially closed for the winter - last parsnips, winter squash, and lettuces came out today. Now it will be time to plant the winter rye and let it all go to sleep. And then I'll be all impatient for there to be a lot of snow so I can try out my new snowshoeing boots!

So how is everyone showing up this week? What are the things you commit to - what will you look for ways to do rather than avoid?

Maybe it is a magic number - calories, grams of the macro of your choice, minutes of exercise. Let's make this week count!
  • jugar
    Don't forget! Weigh-ins due for today -
    @Rachelw124 (even though you just started, today is your week 1 weigh-in day!)

And for Monday:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Sure feels like October with the weather and dark nights - properly autumnal now.

I'm Katie, 34, near Nottingham in the UK with my husband and our two cats. I've been overweight my whole adult life and earlier this year was diagnosed with binge eating disorder. As part of my battle with that, I've moved to the support team here rather than weighing in. It's a very strange thing because I feel like losing weight requires rules, and too many/too restrictive rules can be triggering for BED. My last therapy session is this week, and I've started reading a book by a well known/recognised psychologist on the subject. We shall see.
    jugar wrote: »
    This was a very quiet day. My vegetable garden is now officially closed for the winter - last parsnips, winter squash, and lettuces came out today. Now it will be time to plant the winter rye and let it all go to sleep. And then I'll be all impatient for there to be a lot of snow so I can try out my new snowshoeing boots!

We're in the process of harvesting everything from the allotment, too. It feels a little sad, but I'm also looking forward to taking the crop rotation beds back to bare soil (so. many. weeds.) then sowing a green manure for winter. Plus I could do with spending a little more productive time at home, rather than always being down at the allotment. ;)

I said in September's thread that I would drink 2L of fruit infused water a day. I've realised this is a little unrealistic, partly due to cost/the amount of fruit I'd go through, but 2L of either fruit infused water or cordial is achievable. I also want to start doing my lunch time walks to feed the ducks and birds again; it's good to get out of the house, and gives my walks a purpose as otherwise I end up at the shop. Stopping the snack-shopping is my other goal for October.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Sun 7575
    Mon 13009
    Tues 11,871
    Wed 10,938
    30 min intervals
    Thurs 11,881
    30 min intervals
    Fri 14,273
    Sat 12,385

My fitbit also says I swam multiple days. Does anyone else get that???
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hello my name is Kelly and I teach Kindergarten. I am married with 4 kids. I have thyroid problems that make it easy to gain weight, hard to lose. I spent the first half of 2022 gaining weight. I am finally losing again, but I didn't make my Sept goal.

This weekend was crazy busy and so much was surrounding food, lots of food. We had family from out of state visiting so we had a huge family BBQ. Plus, we celebrated my daughter's birthday and 6 high schoolers stay the night. I avoided snacking on food and skipped the bread since I knew I would want dessert. The scale is up, but not as much as I thought I might be.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Hi team!
    I'm Courtney in Val-des-Monts, Québec Canada living with my husband and two indoor cats and now a new addition of an outdoor cat. We own a 'project' house where everything needs to be worked on and nothing ever seems finished so all of my spare time and money are wrapped up into it. It leaves very little time for meal planning and the quick snacks are reached for more often than they should be.
    I'm reasonably active playing team sports and working on the property but portion size is my main problem. I've lost 50lbs since joining this group but have plateaued for nearly a year and a half now. Most of my weight loss when it happens these days is due to random luck and not effort. October is the last push before winter so all the final chores are to be done. We keep having disheartening setbacks on some projects so it ends up doubling the work and I turn to the wine and cheese for comfort. This needs to get reined back in.

I'm going to try to be more conscious of portions this month but plan to get back to tracking fully in November.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited October 2022
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 201.7
    CW: 199.3
    😃 💃🏼 😃

🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Whoohoo! You made your goal 👏🏼👏🏼
  • Rachelw124
    Rachelw124 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey sorry about missing yesterday. Got busy then ended up falling asleep early putting my son to bed lol.
    Pw was 187 and CW is 187.5..
    Here's hoping for a better weigh in next Sunday.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Thank you @LoraineGB
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Steps and exercise stats for @ashleycarole86 :smile:

26th September - 3966 / 37 mins Full Body Hydrotherapy workout (Caroline Girvan Iron - Day 29) / 5 x pushups
    27th September - 2259 / 38 mins Arms, Abs & Core (Caroline Girvan Iron - Day 30) / 7 x pushups
    28th September - 4245 / 32 mins GrowithJo Cardio
    29th September - 5179
    30th September - 4463
    1st October - 5031
    2nd October - 2521

• jugar
    @CarolAnnM2 Welcome to Onederland! We are all having a celebration with you :heart:
    yhl6dazmvxkw.png

@Rachelw124 no worries about the first week - it'll turn around, I'm sure. And do you think you could send your son over to give @micki48 's little ones some lessons in going to sleep? I'm sure they need a good mentor. Although I discovered almost 30 years ago that the one thing worse than being an insomniac is being an insomniac's mother. My daughter did not sleep worth a dang for many, many years. And even then it was just because she learned to read in bed that I survived it! No mentor would have helped, I fear...

@PlaneMonkey Here's to random luck! 🥂

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 483 Member
    @DD265 what book are you reading? Does it have helpful tips for BED?
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Thank you @jugar
This discussion has been closed.