What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Terry Brooks' Shannara series, but I didn't like his Landover series. Be interested to hear how this new series shapes up.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Doing another Thursday Next book. If you've read too many English novels, Jasper Fforde has the series for you!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Catfish_Fan Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    While I had no internet connection over the entire weekend I read Stephen King's newest novel Fairy Tale. It was 4 stars.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    While I had no internet connection over the entire weekend I read Stephen King's newest novel Fairy Tale. It was 4 stars.

THANK HEAVENS WE DON'T NEED INTERNET TO KEEP READING!
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

I finished it last night - gave it 5 stars. It had the same feel as the one he wrote a long time ago- The Eyes of the Dragon. I loved that one as well.

Now reading - The Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham. It's the one I won on GoodReads.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »

I finished it last night - gave it 5 stars. It had the same feel as the one he wrote a long time ago- The Eyes of the Dragon. I loved that one as well.

Now reading - The Boys from Biloxi by John Grisham. It's the one I won on GoodReads.

Be sure to review it on Goodreads, I made the mistake of not reading or reviewing a book I won there and didn't win again for a looooong time. I have won twice, one was a personalized signed copy of a book, I made sure to review that one. I think in the fine print somewhere when you enter they say they want you to review it.

I'm reading the next Grishaverse book by Leigh Bardugo, King of Scars. I am also finally watching the Shadow and Bone series on Netflix. I'm glad I read the first 2 series before the show, so I can follow what is going on with Alina's story and Kaz's which alternate in the show.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    A friend recommended Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe so I'm moving it up on my to-read list.
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've seen that in the contest rules as well. I'll have to remember to. It's not something I often do and mine are fairly short. I hate spoilers.

• Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Btrflydog wrote: »
    I've seen that in the contest rules as well. I'll have to remember to. It's not something I often do and mine are fairly short. I hate spoilers.

That is why I don't leave reviews, or read them before a book. Also, I reviewed a book once and criticized the author's ignorant views on mental illnesses and he berated me with cursing in the comments! I deleted the comment and I think I turned commenting off on my reviews after that. That was at Goodreads, I try not to take it personally but I decided that reviews were mostly a waste of my time.

I have been offline for the most part for 16 days due to a broken internet service provider. We got a new one tonight, it is 20 times faster for half the price. I should be back and able to concentrate on reading once again. I'm still finishing King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo and should be done Thursday. In the meantime I read Kill All Happies by Rachel Cohn on audiobook.
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Glad you're back!!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    3 stars for Star Wars: Padawan by Kiersten White. Now reading Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Princess and the Scoundrel (Star Wars) by Beth Revis. I sense a theme lately...
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Family of Liars (We Were Liars #0) by E. Lockhart
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Family of Liars (We Were Liars #0) by E. Lockhart

Highly recommend. If you read and liked We Were Liars, it does spoil that book somewhat but it was a long while ago that I read that one and I didn't remember much of it (other than I enjoyed it a lot). It wasn't necessary to have a working memory of book 1 to enjoy the prequel.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Something Wicked This Way Comes

by Ray Bradbury
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    The Innocent Man by John Grisham
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    Refugee by Alan Gratz
  • FitMary202
    Options
    Starting Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland by Patrick Radden Keefe.
  • Catfish_Fan
    Options
    I'm just finishing up Empire's End (Star Wars: Aftermath, #3) by Chuck Wendig. What will be next? The sky is the limit. I have a couple of books in mind, but might change it before I get there...