WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @jane_76 thinking about you with the tough health news.

@PlaneMonkey congrats on hitting maintenance. That is great you already have been maintaining this range.

I have had an ok week so far. Still battling some leftover halloween candy at work, so definitely did not have a perfect day yet. But eating healthier options the rest of the time are sort of balancing it out right now. I have been sick the past few days as well (just a cold, negative flu/covid) so my steps haven't been at goal. Today will be my first day back to the gym this week. Hoping for a strong finish to this week!
  • JEB03253
    JEB03253 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @jugar, I am trying to set up a routine for myself with daily goals. I will appreciate the group support! I recorded everything I ate yesterday; this morning, my fasting glucose was lower than yesterday -- a non-scale victory.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 191.2
  • bobagurl2017
    bobagurl2017 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    PW: 166.7
    CW: 166.7

Steps:

Sun:17652
    Mon: 12137
    Tues: 10246
    Weds: 13208
    Thurs: 12912
    Fri: 7909

No loss, but no gain. And was thankful for that. I have been feeling disheartened. Although I am getting decent exercise, I have been eating like a jerk. Too many treats, snacks, and raiding my son's chips stash 😶. Any tips to deal with the munchies? I did go to a singles meet up on Tuesday, but I really don't know if I am in the right head space to date someone new. Not sure I would want to date me! 😋😱

I did reconnect with an old dance buddy from my pre-kiddo era. Hoping if anything, I have a new activity partner.

~M

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    No loss, but no gain. And was thankful for that. I have been feeling disheartened. Although I am getting decent exercise, I have been eating like a jerk. Too many treats, snacks, and raiding my son's chips stash 😶. Any tips to deal with the munchies? I did go to a singles meet up on Tuesday, but I really don't know if I am in the right head space to date someone new. Not sure I would want to date me! 😋😱

I did reconnect with an old dance buddy from my pre-kiddo era. Hoping if anything, I have a new activity partner.
    The munchies are hard to fight - and your son can get away with it better than you can. Doesn't that make you crazy?? I have a son like that too... BUT. You might want some inspiration. Read The End of Craving by Mark Schatzker (I think that is how to spell it). It is not a diet book, or a method to stop craving. It is a meditation on quality food, the weird stuff we have done to food to make it addictive, how those addictive thoughts happen, etc. It is also just good reading - he knows how to make the story and keep you reading. Hmmm.... addictive reading? In any case, I think quite differently about certain foods and it has helped me to keep them out of my hands. Not always, but every bit helps.
  • jugar
    Options
    I had a beautiful picnic with my old dad today. My step-mom took off for the day. She needs the break, and that is why I am here. I set my dad up with a very important job (taking apart a jigsaw puzzle and putting it away) and went to do my new workout downstairs. My legs were trembling - some serious strength building will be happening with this workout! Then I put some homemade broccoli slaw/sweet kale salad, some tomatoes and cheese (in a sandwich for him, just loose for me), and a couple of cookies in a bag. We went off to the lake where I learned how to swim (hating every single minute of those sessions, but grateful in the long run to be slightly more drown-proof than before) and sat on a bench in the wind, the sun, and the unseasonably warm temps. We ate, we chatted with passing dog walkers. It was lovely. Then we drove around a bunch of old haunts, he was hoping we'd stop for ice cream somewhere. Luckily all the ice cream joints are closed for the winter. Close call there. In any case, we had a lovely afternoon.

But now there will be pizza for dinner. Need to get up early for lots of steps tomorrow!!!!
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    PW 228lbs
    CW 226.8lbs

I am so sorry!
    I almost forgot 😥

I see I have so much to catch up!
    Have a lovely Sunday everyone ❤️
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,064 Member
    Options
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov 6th. Please join us as we "Get Back to Basics" in all areas of our journey. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10877334/november-week-2-group-challenge-back-to-basics/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • lauren_989
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Sunday: 9,137
    Monday: 3,115
    Tuesday: 3,984
    Wednesday: 1,109
    Thursday: 2,813
    Friday: 3,572
    Saturday: 10,198 + 30 minutes resistance training

@jugar I can't seem to update the spreadsheet for our team challenge from my phone. When I post my steps for the week, I can let you know how many times I jogged at orange theory fitness. This week was just 1 (of course I would get sick the first week of the challenge).
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Sunday: 9,137
    Monday: 3,115
    Tuesday: 3,984
    Wednesday: 1,109
    Thursday: 2,813
    Friday: 3,572
    Saturday: 10,198 + 30 minutes resistance training

@jugar I can't seem to update the spreadsheet for our team challenge from my phone. When I post my steps for the week, I can let you know how many times I jogged at orange theory fitness. This week was just 1 (of course I would get sick the first week of the challenge).

No one can update the team spreadsheet but @ashleycarole86 and me! So of course, please do not worry - reporting your steps and exercise here is the way to go. As to the 2 month "who are you" challenge, you can just put in comments and generally post how you are going in there, but if it does not work, put that in a message here and I'll fill in the spreadsheet for that one also.

Congrats on your perfect day!!! They feel so very good.
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!

Final weigh-ins due for the week:
    @MoonlitMuse
    @ashleydlevinson
    @EvMakesChanges

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    October Step Challenge Report - Week 4

c4dtdm4q8204.png

Special shoutout to our top three overall finishers for October:

#1 - @KellyBgetsfit 394,756
    #2 - @jugar 374,129
    #3 - @bobagurl2017 363,745

It's the eve of Week 1 November step reports being due! Can't wait to see who is kicking us off on the right foot for November!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @ashleycarole it's probably too late, but I've attended 4 classes, so 240 minutes, so far this week!
    Got it! Based on date posted - this seems like it's for Nov week 1 (runs Oct 30-Nov 5). If you added any additional minutes for that week either yesterday or today, just let me know.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Friends! Here's my Sunday weigh in:

PW - 185.6
    CW - 185.3

And my step and exercise stats for the last 7 days:
    Sunday - 4327
    Monday - 2908 / 38 mins Caroline Girvan Epic Heat Day 9 - Full Body Conditioned Calisthenics
    Tuesday - 1338
    Wednesday - 7480 / 34 mins Epic Heat Day 10 - Disciplined Dumbell HIIT
    Thursday - 5502
    Friday - 12737
    Saturday - 8170
  • BeeHapppy101
    BeeHapppy101 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Waistaways!

PW 181
    CW 180.5

Tough week with all the candy at work. Hopefully it will all be gone this upcoming week. There’s several potlucks coming up too. Any tips on how not to go overboard. I’m really trying to change the script in my head that says I always gain so much this time of year. I finally want to be someone who doesn’t gain the holiday 20.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @jugar yes, I was talking about the 2 month "who are you" challenge. I will just post at the bottom of my step posting for the week.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Happy Sunday Waistaways!

PW 181
    CW 180.5

Tough week with all the candy at work. Hopefully it will all be gone this upcoming week. There’s several potlucks coming up too. Any tips on how not to go overboard. I’m really trying to change the script in my head that says I always gain so much this time of year. I finally want to be someone who doesn’t gain the holiday 20.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Tough week, perhaps, but a solid 0.5 pound loss! I am smiling for you!

The holidays are going to be interesting for sure. I think there is strength in knowing there is going to be indulgence, and ensuring that you're reserving that for those important events.

So, for me, I will be watching my choices very carefully when it's regular life and trying not to let every day and moment become a time for celebration.

At the actual events, I'll survey the choices, and pick what I want the most. I will focus more on the conversation and the company and less on the food. Where I can say no, resist, make the better choice, I will. It's the sum of all the little decisions we make that add up to the difference maker!
This discussion has been closed.