Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,497 Member
    Options
    11/7
    tracked: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes - spin class

Seen a second doctor on my knee yesterday and he agreed with the first doctor that I have a lot of arthritis in my knee with no cartridge for cushion. So basically just gonna have to learn to live with the pain 😒

Sorry there's nothing they can do. This getting old stuff is no fun at all. :(
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    11/7
    exercise: yes - spin class

Seen a second doctor on my knee yesterday and he agreed with the first doctor that I have a lot of arthritis in my knee with no cartridge for cushion. So basically just gonna have to learn to live with the pain 😒

Sorry there's nothing they can do. This getting old stuff is no fun at all. :(

Thank you and agreed! So no more wallowing lol. Gonna get my *kitten* back in gear!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Tuesday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 0
    Whatever I’ve got it’s kicking my butt. I can’t get enough sleep and I missed two days of dress rehearsals for my students’ show. 😢 We open tomorrow. 😣
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Jennifer has proven to be so capable as of late I try to sit back and quietly observe. I thank you all for continuing to support her recovery. Following the recent drama I feel obliged to share some insight. She really is a wonderful person. I have full faith in her recovery with zero intention on leaving her.

I am staying overnight for the next couple of days while Jordan takes some much needed time away to decompress. That poor girl has been under a great deal of stress and the lack of self care has caught up with her. Overwhelmed by emotion, she unfortunately did ignite this situation blowing it completely out of proportion. Sadly she did take her criticism of Jennifer’s mistake too far! She didn’t intend to, this is the result of internalized tension exploding.

Jennifer’s PTSD was triggered in the midst of it all driving her into a manic state. While Jordan’s points were valid they could have been communicated much more delicately and without constant repetition. She didn’t mention it during therapy but it seems the past trauma Jordan experienced herself may have been triggered. Additionally Jennifer’s fear of abandonment (nobody was aware of previously) came to light. Jordan is young, bearing more than she should and learned the hard way to take time for herself and enjoy life.

Jennifer is an emotionally delicate sweet heart. I am the most consistent partner in her rehabilitation and a regular facet of her daily life. Her attachment is understandable. I look forward to the day our professional relationship ends and remaining a true friend. Jennifer felt threatened with good reason. This incident was heartbreaking but there are positives that came from it.

Jennifer’s pre-surgery impulse issues disappeared instantly, this was the first slip since! She just regained the use of her arms and it has been an exciting time. She simply lost control and it got away from her. Her therapist and her verified that she had been proactively trying to talk through this challenge in her private sessions. The moment I corrected her she cried, apologized and showed remorse. I’m really proud of how well Jennifer communicated in the midst of the emotional tension and fear while keeping herself grounded in reality. While her proposed solutions weren’t positive, she is demonstrating true reasoning skills. There are alot of wins here!

She has been in such an anxious state that she has not had any good rest the past several days. I tucked her in early last night before leaving and she was out cold by 6:15 but by 9:00 she was calling me in a panic. She tried to sleep but from what Jordan has reported she could hear her crying and talking to herself on & off through the night. Shortly after I arrived this morning we did some mindfulness exercises which quickly put her to sleep as she remains.

I am in no way trying to paint a poor picture of Jordan. We’ve discussed that she too would benefit from some trauma therapy/grief support. I did want to point out however that Jennifer’s emotions and attempts to seek help were reasonable considering the circumstances. I am incredibly proud of the progress she is demonstrating.

Thank you understanding and being there for her.

Lisa W.
    Home Care Aide
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212
    Thank you for continuing to share with us. Although I have only been in this group a few months and don't post very often, I feel a connection with Jenn and this group.
    Sending lots of love and positivity for your recovery. Know that we are all here to support, encourage and to listen.

Thank you Lisa for everything you do!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212

Thank you so much for the update. We all understand the severity of the situation you are all dealing with, we don't mind being the outlet for both Jenn and Jordan. Continued prayers for all of you <3

11/8
    exercised: no

I will be gone to the beach Friday - Sunday on a girls trip, so getting to work early and staying late to ensure my work is at least some what caught up before I go lol. Weather is suppose to be cruddy here in Texas for the weekend, so no beach time....but looking forward to some girl time.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Tuesday
    Whatever I’ve got it’s kicking my butt. I can’t get enough sleep and I missed two days of dress rehearsals for my students’ show. 😢 We open tomorrow. 😣

@therealbluenote oh no! You can't be sick right before the show!! Hope you feel better soon. <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @mooreshelly09 have a great weekend!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Thanks for the update Lisa and so glad you are still there. I'm also glad that Jordan is taking a break, that poor kid has had her life upended. I think about you all frequently. The best I can do for you all is to offer moral support from 2,000 miles away. <3
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Al frin I sore for be mes I tri be god me gin. I slep lot dae but Lisa wak me I be stil to tir. I vere sore all thak you stad. Big hug me thak for al hep. I hop Bluenot fel beter hapy you complit an sore Shelly ne be gurl fun. I to tir tak be lot hug al you. Jenn
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I no be hug mush al bode be frad tush me. I sited Liv be can snugl me sum be for bed. I be love mi babe.
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    maryphum
    Weigh-in: Wed. Nov. 9 Week 2
    PW: 165
    CW: 163.6

I haven't made any time to exercise and need to make it a priority. My stomach pains that started at the end of Aug are not as bad anymore. I've had an x-ray, ultrasound, CT scan. My MRI and another colonoscopy were just approved now that my pain is less. Oh well, at least we'll rule out any recurring precancerous polyps. Since I've been eating smaller meals but more often, I think I can start walking again. I WILL invest some time exercising to try to achieve my goal weight by Dec. 21st. Only 4.6 more lbs to lose.
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Wednesday
    Still pretty sick but my temp went down from 102 to 100 so I consider that big progress. 🥵
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 @JbeanR0212 Thank you for sending me positive healing vibes. I really need them so keep ‘em coming. 🙏🏼❤️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote that IS progress! 🤒 I hope it continues to fall and you feel better. I know how hard you worked for this musical 🎶🎵 and an sad that you aren't feeling top notch!

Everyone - the flu that's going around this year is a bad one. Stay healthy and get your shot 💉. It's only early November and so many people have been off work. 😔 None of us want to be sick for the holidays.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I tri wak heper dae for Landen cosirt. He tel me hep me lirn pla violen gin sun! I way 149.3 sore frins I thik bad tim’s mak me mor. Lot fort tume sofor may be to. Hapy for vegan luz you kik as gurl! Mary to you sta strog you got theis! Blunot you fel beter kep res for strog bode! Daffy Sue I jus wish mush so I for her cul rel hug you in pursin sum dae mae be. I love al you! Love Jenn
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @maryphum great week! I'm glad your pain is less but sorry it's still around. Hoping you can get to the bottom of the cause and get it fixed. You absolutely CAN reach your goal this year. Providing you avoid the office potlucks 😂 those are my downfall. 😔
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 good morning! Don't apologize for your weight! Weight until we see mine tomorrow! 😨. You want to be a good girl? Do your physical therapy and get your rest. 😁. You should not be up in the middle of the night posting on MFP 🤔 LOL. Have a great day! Hugs right back at ya! 🥰 If I'm ever in Colorado I will definitely look you up!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Saturday/Sunday
    Tracked: yes/yes
    Calories: under/under
    Exercise: 5 min walk/20 min pedaler

I had the most amazing thing happen to me Saturday night. I went to trivia night at my school with some former colleagues at my previous school who happen to also be alums like me (I teach at my alma mater). They said I looked fantastic! It was the first time anyone has noticed my weight loss. It made me feel so good that it gave me strength not to eat the sweets at the table. I brought a veggie tray and munched on that all night and was perfectly satisfied! ❤️

Woohoo!! Fabulous news! So happy for you 🎉🎉🎉
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    @therealbluenote I'm so sorry you’ve been sick. Praying for you right now!

@JbeanR0212 Thank you for the updates! I’m praying for you and am so thankful for your progress.

We had a new hurricane make landfall in the wee hours. Never a dull moment. We’re ok so far & very thankful we had somewhere to go to avoid the flooding on our road. I had started tracking & losing on Monday, but I’m back in survival mode. I will catch up my stats.