TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (November)

Options

Replies

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I've slipped on recording my MUAC, but I still haven't had any full "yes" days. I am just getting over my second run-in with Covid. I am planning on giving myself a few more days before I get back to the gym this week. I have made an effort to track each day, even if it means I haven't been logging the remainder of the day. The good thing is that I have been trying to be more mindful at the end of the day when I really want to snack, having just one small thing instead of going crazy.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,488 Member
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 OMG y'all, if it isn't one thing it's another! Lisa, glad you are close enough to be able to come over quickly. Tell Jordan not to be too hard on herself. Easier said than done I know. Hugs to all 3 of you.

Love the picture of the dog BTW. What a cutie. 🐶
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote it's not fair I know. It takes months to make progress and then one illness can wipe it all out. Best we can do is start over. I'm glad you are feeling better. 💕
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 sorry to hear that you are sick, but nice loss. 😁 I know you know what to do so have no advice there 🙂 Hope the new job is going well.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 12 November
    Track: yes
    Under: barely but yes
    Exercise: was going to be a rest day but ended up moving all of the patio and deck furniture into the garage, so I'm going with yes. 😁
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Yes @Daffygirl88 Jennifer is a handful! Much of it isn’t her fault as I often remind myself. Her progress as of late is exciting but I find that also delivers new challenges. I will say the recent hormonal surge (yesterday made light of) further clarifies the preceding drama. I’m looking forward to her resuming group therapy and making new friendships locally. People who can better relate to her struggles and interact in person.
    Yesterday was alarming! When she said there was “a lot of blood” she meant it! I underestimated the situation when we spoke over the phone and did not imagine the degree of the scene I would into. Jordan starts her new job tomorrow and I have temporarily moved back into the home. Jennifer should be released in the next couple of hours and will likely need extra rest. Regardless we don’t want to encourage activities that increase circulation (particularly during her cycle) until the medical team is confident in the effects of her clotting factors/medication changes. Fortunately she effectively tends to most of her own hygiene. Her preferred feminine solution is out of the question; I’m expecting her to be tempermental as a result.
    They discussed hormone therapy beyond the birth control Jennifer takes which no longer proves effective. Jordan was advised to elect for the hysterectomy (uterine fibroids) that Jennifer regularly refused for years prior to her accident. According to her physicians, Jennifer was concerned about complications during the operation and recovery. None were found to be cancerous when tested years ago but Jennifer was warned they could become that way. It will be up to Jordan whether or not she wants to leverage present circumstances for improved quality of life during and following recovery.
    I apologize again to you all. Jennifer does not seem to grasp your distance or abilities to assist. I am hopeful my return to the home full time will correct these issues.

Enjoy what remains of your weekend.

Lisa
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Okay here is my late posting but correct day weigh in. Not what I wanted but kind of expected. Hormones are.wacky and doc agreed that it can shuffle 5 lbs a day sometimes while this is going on. Thanks mama Nature...🤷‍♀️. hoping for better results next week.

WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    November Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 213.0
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Good morning all, ready for a new week? I am!

Sunday 13 November
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Mi frin Susan slepe me nite. I wake 2 times swete and culd but no lot fast hart scer. I be have trol bode I am guod! Fil nise for cudel. Sore for be pane Lisa sae we wirk on mi tak hir. Hav hapy dae!
    Jenn
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    PW 149
    CW 148.5

Slow and steady. Good to finally see s lower number. I've been stalled for so long!

Sending love to @JbeanR0212
  • JbeanR0212
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Jennifer started sliding downhill late yesterday morning. She spent much of the day & night shivering. Her blood pressure was low but not low enough for urgent care. Not sure if some of this is hormonal, if she has caught a bug (no fever) or a recovering neuro pathway. We did get her walking for about 5 minutes and did about 15 min. of arm exercises to try and warm her up. She was feeling pretty nauseous and reported a headache so we didn’t push it. She is displaying some rotor cuff pain on her right shoulder. Mobility is limited and attempts to raise or stretch it brings her to tears. We don’t believe she has done anything to cause permanent damage, potentially part of her recovery. We’ll ice it and keep it moving minimally and see if that improves. I’ve monitored her overnight, aside from being chilled she is okay. Cross your fingers, she’s expected to keep her agreement for group therapy today. I’m anticipating some kick back especially with her feeling unwell!
    Lisa
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @therealbluenote You've been quiet (not like you LOL) are you recovered? Was the musical this past weekend? Whassup gurl??
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    @therealbluenote You've been quiet (not like you LOL) are you recovered? Was the musical this past weekend? Whassup gurl??
    This weekend was the musical. The students were awesome! I’m so proud of them! I’ve been exhausted! LOL
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Tuesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 30 minutes conducting

Finally crawling out from being sick!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 14 November
    Under: yes

Tuesday 15 November
    Under: no

Happy Hump Day 🎉
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I no spose tak hir sept sizes and heelig no mor jus litel sum time. Sore I be pane al bode. Lisa sae be frins I hate brane pepul al be fukers mak mad cri. Mae sum dae Jenn be dult gin can tak you al gin. I sad for bi mis you al bode. Kepe be good hapy! I be theke al bes you!
    Love Jenn
  • maryphum
    maryphum Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    maryphum
    Weigh-in: Wednesday, Nov. 16 Week 3
    PW: 163.6
    CW: 164.4
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Still focused maintaining Jennifer’s weight. No calculable movement today. Posting early, tomorrow’s schedule is hectic.
    Short Term Goals:
    * Integrate walking/physical therapy exercises into daily routine. Primarily focused on proficient and safe independent mobility with the assistance of her walker. Also full range of motion to support caring for her own hygiene and feeding herself completely.
    * Be an optimistic participant in speech therapy. Her lowest confidence level and the most frustrating (for her) aspect in her recovery.
    * Find a weekly support group that effectively supports Jennifer’s journey. The brain trauma one she has attended a few times is not a good fit! A few members upset her delicate nature.
    * Continue rebuilding literacy skills.
    * Foster mental/emotional stability effectively employed by CBT elevating reasoning and coping skills.
    * Sign off (Jennifer at peace with) & successful hysterectomy.

Week 3
    PW 149.3
    CW 150.6
  • therealbluenote
    Options
    Wednesday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 10 minutes conducting

Terrible day at school. Part of me wants to just quit, but my advanced chorus is depending on me. I have to stick it out for them, I know. 😣
  • JbeanR0212
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I hav hug you Blunote stay strog I leve you can got it! I stil vere culd but promise kepe tri get beter to dae. I no do lik mene pepul! Big love for al you!