CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @angemarie28 Happy Birthday!!!!😘🎉🎂🥳🎈
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    11/12 -9,403
    11/13 - 5,723
    11/14 - 12,087
    11/15 - 17,360

Our new neighbors move in next door and I met them yesterday. She saw me walking the kids home from school. She asked if I walk them home from school. I said yes and she laughed and said she could always pick her up for me... I was really confused... Until I realized... Does she think I can't drive the kids to school? Did she not realize that someone would choose to walk their kids to school? It is about .7 miles at 45 degrees with a 3 year old and 1st grader. Yes, I am that crazy mom who would rather walk then drive.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi All:

Walked nearly a mile this morning before work and another half mile once I got home! It was a good day! Hope y'all had a great day as well! I got a LOT done at work...

Looking forward to a productive Thursday as well!
    Jessica :blush:
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW: 232.3
    CW: 233.2
    It's all that Halloween candy and being super sick. I've been sick since Halloween. All 3 of my kids were sick too last week. But they got better within a few days. I am just starting to be able to breathe through my nose but still congested and have a horrible cough.

@ewilhelm2487 I hope you're feeling better now!!! Try to get as much rest as you can...I know, you have a busy household! **HUGS**
    Jessica

It's week 3 now and I still can't breathe out of my nose fully and have a pretty rough cough but I'm feeling better. I just wish I could drink more water. Ever since getting sick water tastes gross to me. So I'm lucky if I get more than 2 cups a day in
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @KHill875 my husband and I walk instead of drive whenever possible too, people are often confused by it.
    .7 miles seems pretty doable if you and your littles are dressed for it, probably does actually take much longer than driving
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited November 2022
    @KHill875 and @CasandraW — Many members of our Shape Shifter group prefer walking, biking, and/ or public transportation instead of driving whenever possible.

When I was the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) president at my sons’ elementary school, we used a “Safe Routes to School” grant to encourage walking, biking, or rolling (e.g., scooters, rollerblades, etc.) to school. We also used the money to make some street scape changes to make it more pleasant to walk and safer to cross the street, etc. Research shows that tree-lined streets and landscaping elements slow traffic and make communities safer.

Many parents realized the commute to school was just as fast to when leaving the car at home because there was no long car line at the drop off point in front of the school. The students enjoyed it more than driving and it was healthier for everyone.

I’m a little surprised by your new neighbors’ reaction but you’re a great role model for your children. This habit will serve them well physically and emotionally. Getting outdoors and walking is proven to improve our mental health and overall wellbeing. I recommend just smiling and waving, and the neighbor’s children will probably ask why they don’t get to walk to school, too! 😀👋🌞 Good for you! 🎉🎉🎉
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi:
    Had to work late tonight and am just getting home after a VERY hectic day with lots of issues. I’m headed to bed soon. Will catch up all charts tomorrow. Apologies.
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,557 Member
    Steps
    15 Nov: 17.756
    16 Nov: 14.565
    17 Nov: 14.609
    Happy Friday everyone <3
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Hello!

Friday weigh-in, my last for November as I will be heading on vacation tomorrow.

@SavageMrsMoose

PW: 163.4
    CW: 166.0

Honestly, could have been much worse. I have been traveling since last week and yesterday was my birthday, so I've been eating whatever. On our last flight, a 4 hour plus one due to weather causing a re-route, the lady behind us coughed the entire flight.

Yesterday morning, both my husband and I woke up feeling not 100 percent, so we skipped dinner and the theater last night and stayed home with pizza, wine and a birthday cake. I didn't even work out, just watched movies and read a new book. The Woman in the Library. Loving it so far. Honestly, was a nice, quiet birthday.

I feel fine today and my husband is much improved, so it seems like it was a good decision, as we have an early flight tomorrow. I was unable to give away the tickets though- too last minute.

My daughter and her fiance didn't get in until 3 am because of weather delays. We will see if she's up for a morning run and a trip across town to see my parents.

Everyone enjoy the holidays!

• pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Happy Birthday @SavageMrsMoose and @angmarie28 ! Hope you are both still celebrating...

@jessicakrall8 I hope you have a relaxing Friday after a hectic day yesterday.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    Fridays
    PW: 196.0
    CW: 195.4

I was sick all week, I think, with influenza. It came with serious muscle aches and fatigue and I spent most of it the week in bed. Unfortunately it ended my food logging streak for November. I had no energy for it. But I will get back on track now that I'm starting to feel a bit better. The scale is getting very close to my goal for end of November, which is to get under 195.

Winter is finally here, which actually brings joy to our house! We had snow this week and the temperature looks to be below freezing for the next couple weeks so my husband built and started flooding our backyard outdoor rink. He puts a lot of time into it and our kids and many of the neighbourhood kids love it! Even our older neighbours have shared with us that they enjoy seeing the kids out playing on it at night. Will try to take and share some photos soon.

Keep healthy everyone and have a good weekend!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,181 Member
    And as soon as, I got my head out of my butt and faced the sun 🌞 to get back on track. I slipped on a small patch of ice by my front door and bruised up my left knee. It's not as bad today as it was yesterday though.

I stayed up late last night and watched these humongous snow flakes fall. Of course, it was beautiful and a dusting today, compared to 4 to 5 inches from Saturday. I ended up taking a nap, some thing I rarely do but it felt good. Mostly chilled and rested today, which I listened to my body and obeyed it.

Tomorrow back to the grind and I think upper body strength training. That's what I Want to accomplish.
    I feel your pain. Coincidentally, I bruised my right knee a couple days ago. In my case, I was jumping into a pool, and my knee hit the pool edge. Ouch! It's still quite sore.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown
    November week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, November 18
    PW: 230.3
    CW: 231.2 ( gained 0.9 lbs; 0.39%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 5.6 lbs; 2.43%) this month

I'm doing better the last couple days, but since I post a seven-day average, it won't show up until next week (assuming I can continue to lose!).
  • frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 7,000
    Tue 11/15: 11,329
    Wed 11/16: 17,276
    Thu 11/17: 11,421
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.2
    CW: 141.6

11/16 - 16,321
    11/17 - 17,180
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5
    CW 194.0

It’s been a hectic week. My ankle is improving but my knee feels worse. I’m afraid I may have to get a cortisone shot soon if it doesn’t improve. I managed to get on the mat in the gym today without bending my sore knee. But I went to the grocery afterwards and it wore me out! I iced it for a bit and it’s some improved. Just need to keep Advil in my system.

My son got in yesterday; he was impressed with the room makeover. Still not finished, but it’s usable. (I’ll try to post a pic later) He’s only here til Monday so my daughter, who arrives tomorrow, will cycle into that room when her brother leaves. Since we won’t all be together for thanksgiving, and my knee is giving me fits, I made the executive decision today that I’m not going to cook. I had my husband make reservations for lunch on Thanksgiving.

I still have a few things to clean before my daughter and her friend arrive but I’m setting a timer and pacing myself. I’m pretty sure I can get it all done before they get here. Unless they arrive right after breakfast!
  • jessicakrall8
    pedal__power

I was sick all week, I think, with influenza. It came with serious muscle aches and fatigue and I spent most of it the week in bed. Unfortunately it ended my food logging streak for November. I had no energy for it. But I will get back on track now that I'm starting to feel a bit better. The scale is getting very close to my goal for end of November, which is to get under 195.

@pedal__power Hope you're feeling better after your bout with the flu!
    Jessica
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403

Weighing a day early
    PW 136.0
    CW 135.2

11/12 10,466
    11/13 7,902
    11/14 7,010
    11/15 8,008
    11/16 7,269
    11/17 8,466

I am hosting a bolivian breakfast tomorrow morning, openhouse from 10-12 so I will start working at 4 am. The best part is that I will spend the day with my mom, she can't help much anymore but this whole thing got her all exited and that is worth it. Wish me luck!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    leni1us
    Friday
    PW: 163.5
    CW: 161.8

Steps
    11/12 8,664
    11/13 7,219
    11/14 10,284
    11/15 9,893
    11/16 9,820