42 Week Check-in 80.6 lbs. lost - 63 lbs. to go.

Options
Hi everyone. I hope your Tuesday is going well. I am a bit of a numbers geek, so I track my weight loss with charts and graphs.
2022 Weight Loss Dashboard

g4f66m5br6oo.png

Overall, I think it is going well. I am 6' 2" tall. I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. Back in 2006, I had lost 340 lbs. from 562.3 down to 219. I was able to keep it off for about 4 years, then I lost focus and it got away from me. I would make uncounted attempts to get back on track - but did not follow through. At the worst, I got back to 405. This year I had an epiphany and I feel like my head is finally in the right place. I am up from being out of breath walking 100 yards to walking 3.5 miles with a 17:15 pace.

Weight chart 2004 - 2022

jdl728hkjt4q.png

2022 Weight Loss Graph with trendlines

1dj3yncapfki.png

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm loving your numbers.

Can you share what you think helped you get your head back into the right place? I'm really struggling with that at the moment. Keep thinking I'm there...turns out I'm not.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I'm loving your numbers.

Can you share what you think helped you get your head back into the right place? I'm really struggling with that at the moment. Keep thinking I'm there...turns out I'm not.

Well, I hope you don't need the same wake up that I got. I found out I had developed nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. It is directly caused by obesity in most cases. I had done the hard work in my 40's and had gotten the weight off. Then - I can't even tell you why, I let myself gain a good bit of weight. I just slowly stopped doing what I knew I needed to do to be healthy.

The best thing for so many health issues we have is to take care of ourselves. Good diet, exercise and achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. I have a wife, 3 kids and 3 grandkids - I really want to have as much quality time with them as I possibly can. I just a little gallows humor that I think to myself when I pass up food that is unhealthy for me - "Yea, those French fries look great - they are not worth dying over" :D
    I wish you all the very best in your weight loss journey. If I can ever be of assistance, let me know.

Charles
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,317 Member
    Options
    I love me some spreadsheets and charts. :)

You're doing fantastic!