WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,276 Member
    @DianaGetsFit512 Last call to get your steps for the final week of the November challenge (Nov 27-Dec 3) in for counting!! I suspect your steps will push our progress week over week to swing in the favor of improvement
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I have seen several people mention apple cider vinegar. Does it help? I tried taking the actual liquid in water and thought I was going to burn my esophagus 😂

I take Apple Cider Vinegar gummies, I get them at Walmart. Idk if it helps but it’s part of my vitamin and mineral line up and I always feel better when I’m taking them :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @jugar what part of NC are you visiting your mom (if you want to share)?

She lives near Charlotte (in Matthews). Then we'll go down to Aiken, SC for a few days. I have never been there - it is supposed to be lovely!
  • jugar
    @ashleycarole86 Great to hear that you hit the Peloton and logged all the bites. Those higher weights sometimes inspire us to do better, once we get past the feeling miserable about it part. I'm glad your dad is visiting, and totally relate to the stressy side of visitors. It is wonderful, but it can add to the stress for sure. It is fantastic that you are taking him to deal with hearing issues. That can make such a big difference. You're a wonderful daughter!

So, on that note - the Thursday people's turn is coming!
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

and there are still a few missing numbers due through today:
    @ells_bellz
    @MoonlitMuse
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @alydanbeads

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    @jugar CW 171.5
  • ashleycarole86
    edited December 2022
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 170.8
    CW 170.8
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    PW 235.2
    CW 233.0
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    @wishfuljune Sounds like you have made some really great choices even if it wasn't exactly what you planned. Nice job!

@eggfreak So nice to hear from you and glad November felt better even if a marzipan log gave you a hard time in the end. The grocery store needs to sell bites of certain foods!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    @AshenMoon Fantastic! You are our shining tiara wearer so far this week :smiley:

Woot! 😊
  • jugar
    Right at this moment, you are the people I really enjoy and need. I just had one of those horrible conversations with the taller half that went into the Territories of Inflexibility and I feel like running away. It will pass, but I am glad to be able to come into this place where we are working on keeping an even keel, sticking with healthy commitments, and letting go of harm. I'm not feeling like drastic action is needed, but there are many questions. It is amazing how the edge can suddenly appear sometimes.

@conleywoods and @ashleycarole86 great job this week!!!

@wishfuljune it is so cool that you missed your mocktail goal, but crushed some HIIT, sprint intervals, and salad game! OK, maybe not cool that you missed a goal, but super cool that you did not let that wreck all the others. Inspiring!

Tally ho, all!
  • jugar
    edited December 2022
    @lauren_989 it is AMAZING how fast your blood pressure comes down with even a modest weight loss. You have already lost 23 pounds, and now if you get on the next 20 or so, it will really help. You've got this!
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    PW: 152.2
    CW: 151.2

Instead of a day early, I’m a day late. Sorry!!
  • ashleycarole86
    @lauren_989
    I agree with @jugar- while I'm sorry your BP results aren't where you wanted them, you're doing the work to move the needle

@jugar Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is definitely a good place to be.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    PW 150.4
    CW 151.2

That number is from Wed. I couldn't get into Community. I only tried once and didn't have time to try again. The scale is even higher today. Not sure what is happening. Usually, I know why the scale is up, but I haven't eaten anything to cause a jump this week. I actually had a salad for lunch and light dinner and it was up almost another pound today.🤷‍♀️

@conleywoods sorry about the music concert. That must have been frustrating. Good job getting back on track.

@ashleycarole86 I am sorry you have been struggling lately. Great job getting in your workouts. Are there short 10 minute workouts on the Pelton app? Last year when I was struggling, I found even a ten minute workout made me feel better. I should try that now....

@wishfuljune that definitely sounds like a win! Great job on the workout and food choices

@cupcakecrusoe did you have pre-eclampsia or just high blood pressure? I had pre-eclampsia and hello in my first two pregnancies. My second was born at 29 weeks. The other 2 they induced/c-section as soon as my blood pressure started to spike. My blood pressure returned to normal but I still worry about it long term effects. It puts you at high risk for heart disease later in life

• DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 139 Member
    @ashleycarole86

OMG I’m so sorry I forgot to submit my steps for last week! I thought maybe you took me off since I didn’t tell you to keep me in for Dec… if I still can, Id love to continue participating in the steep challenge.
  • jugar
    Happy Friday!

I missed posting my nightly nagging yesterday - my brother called and we talked until almost midnight! He never calls - I almost had a heart attack :flushed: It was one of those endless all-over-the-map kind of conversations, but it was great to catch up. I'm sure you all had trouble sleeping because I had not reminded everyone about weigh-ins due!

so here it is :smiley:
    Due through Friday:
    @ells_bellz
    @MoonlitMuse
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune

We're doing OK this week - some red, some green, but so far a net loss for the team. WTG!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    CW 191.8
    PW 193.0
    LTD 52.2Lbs
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    good morning all, I'm Sylvia here in Massachusetts, and a longtime Waistaway. My weight has swung up and down through life but never staying down for long...it will be a lifelong battle and I'll always have to be conscious. I'm a snacker, a too-big portions, and a stress eater. I did great in 2020 - was a bit obsessive, weighing everything by grams and tracking every morsel. When and why I stopped? Not sure now but likely life's curveballs hit and a day missed here and there just led to a string of them..and ultimately I fizzled out with that habit.
    Like most, I have quite a few stressors in the mix but things have calmed down mostly. It felt like November went smooth...at least not gaining, and I was checking in on here often which always helps, even if not posting much, just reading, but this last week hasn't been great and I know why, I tried to keep things in the house that I just can't keep - marzipan logs from Aldi being one. Back at it for December.

This friend speaks my mind. LOL Seriously, @eggfreak I could have also written most of this. Breakfast club. Snacker, stress/emotional eater. When did it happen and how did I learn so much and then forget it? It is never ending. But we are all here together.

Kids are up. Gotta go. More later.

Ahh weight this am.

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 189.4

I am glad that it was a maintenance week based on the three days of eating out and my work holiday party. I’ll take this as a win!

We’re going to a wedding this weekend so this morning I will do another 20 minute workout so that I can re-pack my suitcase to head out for the wedding. I’m also getting my nails done which I am super excited about; it’s been a while since I’ve done that.

I got my Rent the Runway dress for the wedding and it is stunning. It’s a full sleeve metallic gold full length dress. I have these new black heeled boots that will be great with it. I feel like winter weddings are hard to dress for in general because of potential snow, but this wedding we are going to is also in a barn so I was really concerned about the heating capabilities of the space.
This discussion has been closed.