WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods love love love ❤ your pix - thank you so much for sharing them.

@ashleycarole86 my stats:

Sunday 11th Dec - 1793
    Monday 12th Dec - 4348
    Tuesday 13th Dec - 3297 / 36 mins Caroline Girvan's Epic Heat Day 30 - Full Body Supersets HIIT
    Wednesday 14th Dec - 2145
    Thursday 15th Dec - 4270 / 43 mins Epic Heat Day 31 - Legs and Glutes
    Friday 16th Dec - 3075 / 37 mins Epic Heat Day 32 - Arms, Chest, Back &Shoulders
    Saturday 17th Dec - 4434 / 38 mins Epic Heat Day 33 - Compound Leg workout

Sorry it's late!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @veronica1359 So sorry you had that experience while abroad. I hope your healing and recovery are going well and wish you a Merry Christmas too <3
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    So my flights tomorrow are booked through BA but flying on AA (long story and certainly not first choice). I have a 40 minute layover to get from my domestic flight to my international flight in Dallas. There is a storm coming through the Mid West and Heathrow Border Patrol start their strike on Friday morning just before I am due to land.

AA sent an email saying they would rearrange travel at no extra charge so I called them. They can't change my booking because I booked through BA. BA will not change my booking without referring me to a 'Change' department and will charge me and will not inform me of the cost until 24hrs later.

I am going to go to the airport in time to catch an earlier flight to Dallas in the hope that I can get there without too much delay.

Point of my story, I want to eat everything today. I'm not hungry, I am mad, frustrated, annoyed, worried, anxious and a few other emotions in between. Ugh!

• YinxFed
    Options
    I feel your frustration, @LoraineGB, we experienced the complications of AA and BA when we visited our son in the summer. We had thunderstorms to contend with, but no border patrol strikes. We also found AA to be the more helpful partner when it came to helping us after our flight (first leg) from Virginia to New York was cancelled because of storms over New York.

Try to find your Zen space to go with your deep breathing, that is bound to be necessary. My Zen space is playing with baby pandas which I can easily imagine. Amazingly effective. Thinking of you, Loraine. x
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 507 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I have been talking with my husband and looking online for weight loss resources. My husband says I know what to do, my problem is more mental. Well I tried to look for therapists in my area who specialize in diet or weight loss, and surprise! I couldn't find any. The only ones I saw were inpatient treatment. I should also mention, I reached out to a weight loss clinic in my local network, who have a team of providers, therapists, and dieticians, and I am on the wait list and gave me an approximate date of June 🙄 and this was when I called in October.

So I was looking for self help books, thinking this may help. I found one recommendation for a book called "365 days of positive self talk for weight loss" by Shad Helmstetter, PH.D. I read the intro and found it very interesting. Basically self talk is the direction you give your brain to tell it how to run your life. What you repeat rewires your brain. Even if the self talk doesnt apply to your current state, you try to imagine what you will be like in the future. Kind of like the challenge our group is doing.

Anyway, there is a short positive message you read daily. He recommends to read it first thing in the morning and before you go to bed. I plan on starting this Jan 1 and hope that it will help!

Has anyone heard of this book or any similar ones?
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    I feel your frustration, @LoraineGB, we experienced the complications of AA and BA when we visited our son in the summer. We had thunderstorms to contend with, but no border patrol strikes. We also found AA to be the more helpful partner when it came to helping us after our flight (first leg) from Virginia to New York was cancelled because of storms over New York.

Try to find your Zen space to go with your deep breathing, that is bound to be necessary. My Zen space is playing with baby pandas which I can easily imagine. Amazingly effective. Thinking of you, Loraine. x

Thank you Yinka! What a great idea, I’m going to think about my zen space and try it out tomorrow. I work on trying not to stress about things that are out of my span of control but when I do get fired up, I let those emotions take hold and it sits on my chest. So it will be good to redirect and practice a calming technique, I’ll let you know how I get on.

• DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989
    That sounds interesting about the positive self-talk… we could all probably use a little bit of that (Im a pro at negative self talk..)

@YinxFed
    Have fun on that bike!!
  • kto0194
    kto0194 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @ells_bellz Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment! And in a bit less than a month is amazing, good job on the dedication!
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Thank you as always for the positive words and encouragement! Exactly what I needed to hear
  • YinxFed
    Options
    @ells_bellz Congratulations!
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @ells_bellz Yay! 👏🏼 Me too! Tomorrow I start Road to Hana.
    ixnfuni5bche.jpeg
    4viq6h9e6vrg.jpeg
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @veronica1359 I am sorry to hear of your ill health on holiday. I wish you a speedy recovery.

@yinxfed your tree is lovely, and I am jealous of your exercise bike! I need to sort myself out with something.

@KellyBgetsfit I hope you're managing some time for yourself.

@Micki48 nice one on the dietician! I've only had the one session so far, but it was helpful for sure. I hope the PT can help with your hip/foot pain - I agree with @Jugar that the foot is probably affecting the hip - shoulders can also do opposite hips (and vice versa) - these things seem to work diagonally!

@Jugar it sounds like you're having a great time at your mom's - and still managing to be so active. It's inspiring!

Lovely photos @Conleywoods - judging from some expressions on faces, I think you have a couple of cheeky monkeys there lol

@DianaGetsFit512 tracking is becoming harder for me too. Not sure whether it's the time of year with more temptations, or just that work has been manic and I don't feel like I've had the time. Maybe aim for one perfect day, or even just one little thing?

I hope your travels go more smoothly than it sounds @loraineGB. I tell myself food won't fix the problem when I feel that way - often that phrase actually works, too.

@Lauren_989 thanks for the book recommendation. I haven't heard of it, but might check it out. Do they do a "365 days of positive self talk for perfectionism"?! I've got "The Intuitive Eating Workbook" by Evelyn Tribole on the go. I've not had as much time as I'd like to really sit down with it, but I'm finding it interesting. It was recommended by the dietician I've started seeing.

@kto0194 that's a great loss for what sounds like a challenging couple of weeks. You're right though that sometimes it does us good to not have time to snack.

@ells_bellz and @caroleAnnM2 Yay you finished! Well done both of you.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,146 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 174.6
    CW 175
This discussion has been closed.