Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 786 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    So impressed by everyone who managed to maintain or even lose weight over Xmas!!! Well done!
    For those like myself who suffered a minor set back ..... onwards and downwards into 2023 :)
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi There,
    I am excited to join the challenge for January 2023. This will be my first challenge on MFP. I have been following @Megan_smartiepants1970 on here for awhile now, and saw she was doing a challenge and was intrigued.

My name is Tess and I’m 35. I’m from Canada and mom to a 5 year old and a 3 year old.

I have been on my weight loss journey for years. I more actively started 7 years ago I think. I think the most I’ve lost was 30lbs. I’ve been in the yo-yo diet mentality for awhile. I think it was last year I really started working on portion control and eating in a calorie drift.

In 2020, I was diagnosed with bipolar. So I have had a lot of ups and downs. I still at times struggle with depression and that often leads to overeating.

In 2021, I learned to run, and that has been a big coping mechanism for me when it comes to dealing with my bipolar. When I’m not running that brings me down.

I was able to lose a good amount of weight this year, but I gained it back through the summer. I always have this goal to get to under 200lbs. I think last year I got to 199lbs. But now I am starting back at 235.2lbs. This for me is the highest I’ve been since my kids were born.

I have a goal of running a half marathon in May, so I know I need to get back into being more in tune with my eating.

Look forward to the challenge!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Tessita_07 wrote: »
    Hi There,
    I am excited to join the challenge for January 2023. This will be my first challenge on MFP. I have been following @Megan_smartiepants1970 on here for awhile now, and saw she was doing a challenge and was intrigued.

My name is Tess and I’m 35. I’m from Canada and mom to a 5 year old and a 3 year old.

I have been on my weight loss journey for years. I more actively started 7 years ago I think. I think the most I’ve lost was 30lbs. I’ve been in the yo-yo diet mentality for awhile. I think it was last year I really started working on portion control and eating in a calorie drift.

In 2020, I was diagnosed with bipolar. So I have had a lot of ups and downs. I still at times struggle with depression and that often leads to overeating.

In 2021, I learned to run, and that has been a big coping mechanism for me when it comes to dealing with my bipolar. When I’m not running that brings me down.

I was able to lose a good amount of weight this year, but I gained it back through the summer. I always have this goal to get to under 200lbs. I think last year I got to 199lbs. But now I am starting back at 235.2lbs. This for me is the highest I’ve been since my kids were born.

I have a goal of running a half marathon in May, so I know I need to get back into being more in tune with my eating.

So happy to have you join us ...I hope you like it here as much as I have :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I had a wonderful birthday at home with my daughter and a couple of friends ...we had ribeye steaks, with lemon garlic shrimp, garlic butter mushrooms , lemon garlic green beans and I made lemon mousse for dessert :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 9643
    Calories - 2900. Ouch.
    Exercise - pickleball for 1 hour. New players and lots of moving around.

I haven't made any resolutions yet.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    I had a wonderful birthday at home with my daughter and a couple of friends ...we had ribeye steaks, with lemon garlic shrimp, garlic butter mushrooms , lemon garlic green beans and I made lemon mousse for dessert :)

Glad you had a wonderful day xx belated birthday wishes xx
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Slimmersixties

Pw 187
    Cw 192.4

Gained 5.4lb. Actually happy as I'm 5lb lighter than last Monday!!!!
    Naughty naughty. But my new year resolution is too get to my goal weight by my 60th birthday in April .... and stay there until the end of the year!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW 388.6
    PW 251
    CW 249.8

Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Tessita_07 wrote: »
    Hi There,

Welcome to the team!

Sounds like a wonderful birthday.

Slimmersixties

Pw 187
    Cw 192.4

Gained 5.4lb. Actually happy as I'm 5lb lighter than last Monday!!!!
    Naughty naughty. But my new year resolution is too get to my goal weight by my 60th birthday in April .... and stay there until the end of the year!

You have a great attitude. I know with your determination you will accomplish your resolution.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:3,412
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food:✔️✔️
    Exercise:✔️

PW: 207.4
    CW: 206.8

Very pleased. Managed to get through my vacation and Christmas with a loss for December. I am struggling with snacking in the evenings but trying to make adjustments. I am off to the pool.

• Slimmersixties
    Options
    Steps:3,412
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food:✔️✔️
    Exercise:✔️

PW: 207.4
    CW: 206.8

Very pleased. Managed to get through my vacation and Christmas with a loss for December. I am struggling with snacking in the evenings but trying to make adjustments. I am off to the pool.

I do admire people who lose in December!!! Well done. You'll be back in onederland before you know it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining our wonderful team ...Please welcome @LMK02020 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Glad you had a wonderful day xx belated birthday wishes xx

Thank you :)
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi thank you for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting back to eating healthy portion size and food choices ! I’ve been just eating whatever without any game plan. Time to walk past the containers of delicious cookies at work 🙂.
    I’m looking forward to some accountability and I think actually having to post will help me.
    Have a delightful day,
    Lauren
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Hi thank you for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting back to eating healthy portion size and food choices ! I’ve been just eating whatever without any game plan. Time to walk past the containers of delicious cookies at work 🙂.
    I’m looking forward to some accountability and I think actually having to post will help me.
    Have a delightful day,
    Lauren

Welcome to our awesome team Lauren .... looking forward to seeing you succeed :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    Have a delightful day,
    Lauren

Welcome aboard!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,105 Member
    Options
    The new team chat thread is open! Please continue to post weigh-ins and exercise stats here, and head over to January for introductions, plans, and dreams -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880588/downsizers-team-chat-january-2023/p1?new=1
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, again with the 2 week weigh-in but the good news is I'm starting to feel human again... still have the Barry White voice though, lol! @lindamtuck2018 I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    12/14/22: 223.9
    12/21/22: 223.5
    12/30/22: 222.6 (I wasn't able to weigh until today)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I haven't monitored my steps at all for the past 2 weeks. Other than the occasional running around for Christmas, I've been laying around and hacking up my lungs - I can't remember the last time I slept this much. I will rejoin the step challenge for January - I took out my fitbit and charged it this morning. :)

@Slimmersixties I think I just missed my goal for Christmas but thanks so much for the challenge and the encouragement!

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 228
    CW 232

A few too many treats and 2 days of no tracking. Already back down 1 from the Christmas aftermath. Yes I peeked at my weight the day after... Yes my ocd is in high gear... Yes it is me who is trying to crank out the last few miles of my 2022 challenge. It is not easy. especially if you get behind. With that said anyone want to join me for 2023?
This discussion has been closed.