WeightNoMore Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm - Ashley, I posted last week's steps on the December thread. Thanks.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Can I change the weigh day to Tuesday? This way I will post steps on the same day, not forgetting, as it happened in the past. :) Thank you!

@MotylekOkruchy - You got it! I'll take care of that right now.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    I commit to 10k steps a day! The first 3 days are going great! Who else is getting steps this month?

My goal is 10k steps a day too! It feels good to be more active, although my right foot isn't liking it (planter fasciitis). That's my main reason why I wasn't so active last year.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    cedarfoxy wrote: »
    I commit to 10k steps a day! The first 3 days are going great! Who else is getting steps this month?

Great! I'm also doing well this week 😁
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc I wish you all the best in your treatment and hope you keep well 💗

• Iamafrespirit
    Iamafrespirit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this. Right now I try to aim for 6,000 steps per day but as my knees get stronger I hope to increase that. How exactly does it work - do we just post on here at the end of each week with our step for each day?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this. Right now I try to aim for 6,000 steps per day but as my knees get stronger I hope to increase that. How exactly does it work - do we just post on here at the end of each week with our step for each day?

@Iamafrespirit - Yep! All you have to do is post your step counts (Sunday - Saturday) for each day before I make the results post on Wednesday (around noon EST). I'll take care of the rest.
  • Iamafrespirit
    Iamafrespirit Posts: 30 Member
    Options

@Iamafrespirit - Yep! All you have to do is post your step counts (Sunday - Saturday) for each day before I make the results post on Wednesday (around noon EST). I'll take care of the rest.

Great!!! Count me in
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm joining step challenge too - with 10K/day pledge
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Cw 197.2
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @melissacoleman430 Congrats on the great check up! The weight loss is fantastic, and the blood work shows how much your health has improved. Keep up the good work!

@crhillis Great weigh in! How are things going for you so far?

@Stimpy56 Great results! Having a goal of 1-2 pounds per week is really sustainable. That's what I'm shooting for, too, even though that means that I will be at this for a long time.

@sandielewis2001 Nice loss this week, and amazing LTD! That is truly inspirational! What plan are you following?

I'm one of those people who steps on the scale every day. When I don't step on the scale every day, I quit paying attention to what I'm eating, how much I'm moving, and how much water I'm drinking, and soon I've gained another 30 pounds (like I did in 2022). I know that weight fluctuates, and weight loss is not linear, but Monday, I stayed the same as Sunday; Tuesday, I was up half a pound; Wednesday, I was up another half a pound, and I considered not recording it in MFP, but I finally went ahead and did it. Today I was down 0.6 from Wednesday. That got me to thinking about how I wanted to hide that second increase, even from myself. It wasn't a big increase, just a normal fluctuation, but I felt shame about it. This attitude is going to take a lot of time to get over.

Does anyone else feel bad over these blips on the scale?
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu - I used to try to hide the ups from myself but now I know I need to see and understand normal fluctuations. I weigh-in every morning and log my weight. I also take measurements every few months and take progress pictures every few months. It helps to keep everything in perspective for me.

I am not following any specific plan. I have used MFP guided setup to select a reasonable pace of weight loss (2lbs per week in the beginning at 270lbs and .5-1lb per week now). I try my best to stay in my calorie goal, make the best choices reasonably possible, stay away from added sugars and processed foods as much as possible and move my body in ways that make me happy. It has been a long process but a fairly successful and sustainable one. My wife is doing the same and has seen similar results.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel bad over these blips on the scale?

Oh, yes....
    same here...
This discussion has been closed.