Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I had a great day yesterday and managed to not snack get my water in and my steps…yippee! I recognized that really wanted to munch on cheesies in the afternoon not because I was hungry but because of a bad habit I had made over the last few months. I worked through it by coming here and reading posts. Today has been good so far and I feel good in my head if that makes sense. I’m at work so gotta run but will be back on later.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I have a ton to catch up on. Howdy to all those returning and congrats on all the loses I’m seeing. Wohoo 🎉

I have either been sickly, exhausted or busy with kids and their projects/exams.

No Zero days

-I’ve closed my activity rings daily
    (Including my steps)
    -logged every meal
    -made time for myself, had to I was in bed a lot.
    -got my fluids in
    -doing at least one organizational task a day

Went to TexasRoadhouse today and avoided the evil rolls, had a house salad with dressing on the side, unsweetened tea and half of a 6oz steak. I managed to stay on plan while enjoying lunch out.

I need to get a notepad and reread everyones messages to catch up.

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hey Slim-erinos!
    Still feeling craperiffic today but I did my 12 reps. I did regular pushups today. In spite of everything else, my strength is improving every day.

I’m not sure what the scale will say this week after a week of Gatorade, nothing but carbs and sleeping 20 hours a day lol.

Anyway I’m in a little bit better spirits than yesterday. That’s a good thing.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I was planning on having zoodles for supper, but for some reason when I spied a container of tofu, I could not get tofu scramble out of my head. Another instance of it being handy when you have things already prepped. Colorful sweet bell peppers were already diced in the freezer, can of mushrooms in the cupboard, garlic pre-minced in the fridge. Onions diced from the freezer. All I had to do was slice up my avocado while the tofu was pressing. It all came together in about 20 minutes. Enjoying it with some Serrano hot sauce :-)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @megnolia82 Hang in there! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Glad you, your hubby, and your best buddy had a good hike! I shouldn't even tell you about this because I'm hooked on them now but have you checked out the “things to buy at Costco right now” videos on YouTube? I started with Trader Joe's and now I watch for Costco too, I have huge wishlists on my phone! Our rain is back tomorrow too, I've been sick for the two dry days which stinks. Great steps!

@FtoFit Are you doing tricep work for your arms at all? I'll always have some flab there because I was so overweight but tricep dips and diamond pushups are known to help. I can't do the latter anymore but do tricep work for my arms with weights and dips.

@gemwolf110 I hope you're 100% soon!

@lrjogger1 Have a wonderful time with your family! Smart to bring snacks and plan on hitting the store for sure, that should help a lot with staying on track. I haven't tried frozen green beans just fresh, the fresh ones come out well for sure! I tried frozen brussel sprouts in the air fryer and they were a mushy mess, may be the frozen softer veggies don't do well in the air fryer but it's the only one I've tried. Safe travels!

@trooworld I'm so glad the migraine stopped! That salad sounds and looks delicious, it would be funny to send you a picture of my recipe list on my laptop and see how many I saved are from you! Are you taking a diabetes class or is it an online webinar? I'm guessing if you're reporting it's a class your taking. Good luck with it!

@tammymccrady6278 Crushed day 1, woot woot! I agree Day one is always the worst for me too but now you have one behind you so each day will get easier (and you won't want to break your streak). I'm so glad you came on here instead of munching, you're breaking the munchy habit! It's tough when you're used to doing that to break it but you're doing awesome.

@shaunarlr83 I hope the kids do great at the track, that should be easier as far as wrangling goes! I like everyone I've volunteered with so far though I've butted heads with the president of the charity when she demanded we do something but we've gotten by it. I've also gotten better at saying no to things I'm not comfortable with doing and that's helped. There are some quirky people, I'm sure I avoid issues because I don't like being in front of cameras or being the center of attention so I DEFINITELY am not stealing the limelight from anyone and tend to be with the “behind the scenes” people. One thing I've run into that I struggle with that's totally on me is I hate saying I can't do something and seem to always get things that are hard for me to do like passing boxes from one person to the next on a staircase when I just started a medication that makes me super dizzy and with my nerve damage but I just did it while the few people who knew what was wrong with me kept checking on me. OMG praying for the two children, that's horrible! Let us know what happens there. It sounds like you did great today, I was just thinking of how much your posts have changed in just a few months, you're super busy but you sound a lot happier and you're surrounded by family who seem to need you just as much as you needed them.

@micaroo4 I'm so glad your back is doing better! Great workout!

@megnolia82 I hope you hear from the doctor soon, that's frustrating. I'm impressed how well you're doing with your daily exercises despite feeling bad, I know that's hard to do. I'm glad you're in better spirits! There's a low calorie/sugar Gatorade, I think it's called Gatorade Zero? My parents (and I) are diabetic and they keep it around for when they're sick. So glad you're in better spirits!

@19shmoo69 Good morning and thank you, and you've been prayed for too!

@GabiV125 That's great you're walking more, could your dog handle longer walks?

@AmbersWay I hope you feel better! You did great at Texas Roadhouse, wow! Don't ask me what I got the one time I went, I'll have to channel you next time. One thing a few members of this group do is you can open a word document while reading the posts. I snap one window with the posts and one with the document then respond on the word document and cut and paste it when I'm done. It's real easy to lose everything if you click a link (I'm too curious to not click them so if you go through about a year ago I'm always mad I've lost everything!) plus my laptop is great at deleting things so this tip works real well.

@vegan4lyfe2012 She made it back, yay! How did the flight go? Wow your son gets serious bonus points for the food situation! You did amazing on your trip, I need to take you when I go on vacation! And you lost too, that's awesome Jenn!

Hi team, that was a lot of catching up! I never know if I should do the day I missed or not but I woke up sick yesterday (or allergies were real bad) and my head hurt so I stayed in bed and slept all day. I'm feeling better today but canceled dinner with my neighbor as I don't want to get her sick if it's an actual cold. My neighbor brought me ham and beans which is what we were going to have. My friend I've been hanging out with from the charity asked me to go to a fun concert, it's guys from Days of Our Lives who formed a band and I watched that soap for almost 4 decades so it should be a blast, it's not until next month. I did my full workout this morning and ate great today. Yesterday I had popcorn for dinner which I'm sure was higher than I guessed but I'm feeling “fluffy” and need to get back to it. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

No Zeros
    Ate under calories
    Did full workout
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I wanted to add a couple things that may be helpful if you're newer to the group:

1. I just put this in a response but thought it was a good one with our new members- I don't remember who started it but many in the group will use a word document to reply to others in group. I snap the word document on one half of my screen then have a window with the group in the other and go back and forth while I catch up on group then copy and paste the entire thing when I'm done. I used to always click links others would post and lose things and this is way easier!

2. If you want to private message another member you need to add them as a friend first or they won't receive your message.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip @Katmary71, I need to open fitness pal on the laptop, instead of my phone, it would be easier. I guess I could do the same screens on my phone but I’m likely to swipe one closed 😂

Meg, you’re doing great! I do hope you get some answers from your doctor.

Vegan4lyfe, that was quite the trip! I send hugs for your pregnant daughter who’s moving, that’s rough. Way to go with staying on your plan during all that.

Tammy, good job on breaking the snack habit. I have the same issue and still working on fighting that beast. Reading group posts is a great idea, always encouraging.

KatMary, I hope you are feeling better. I had popcorn for dinner too when I was feeling well and a cheese stick. It was a sad day food wise. I was reading your comment on volunteering, don’t over do it physically and put yourself in harms way, you need to take care of yourself. I love reading your volunteer updates. The concert sounds like fun.

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 157.4
    CW: 156.6

@shaunarlr83 Girl, you stay so busy. Lol, I get wore out just reading your posts. You do seem to be doing a lot better. I agree with @Katmary71 , you seem to need your family as much as they need you.

@AmbersWay yes, you definitely need a notepad. Lol, at first I would scroll and read on my phone while posting on my laptop.

@vegan4lyfe2012 WOW!!! Such a busy week, you definitely deserved that "screw it" night. Lol, I would have taken a couple of "screw it" nights.

@megnolia82 hope you feel better soon.

@Katmary71 I will definitely be checking out "things to buy at Costco" on youtube. Thank you 🙂

Hey y'all,

I had another pretty good day. I did a 30 min "Walk at Home" walking workout and used my resistance bands. I really like resistance bands are my "weight lifting". Lol, I can already feel that I'm going to be sore tomorrow. You know what they say "sore today, strong tomorrow".

I did really good with my food choices until after dinner. I had 2 cookies and 1 chocolate covered cherry (🤤) which was ok, except that a little later my hubby broke out the "Cheez its" Gah, How do you deny the CHEEZ ITS? Annnnd, that is the end of that story 😅😅 I drank all my water and will make sure to do that again tomorrow.

Almost all of Christmas is packed away except for the village. I'll get to the village tomorrow and a thorough dusting and vacuuming.

Y'all have a great evening/day.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Username davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:238.9
    CW:237.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 174.6
    CW: 173.9

I gotta admit- I thought that once all the Christmas crap was out of the house, I'd drop a bit faster, but I'm still trying to get my act all the way back together. Been a busy week,but read ALL the posts woot woot! Will try to do a longer post over the weekend.

Lisa
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 237
    CW: 238
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 164.4
    CW: 164.1

Only 0.3lb loss.at least i m going in the right direction.Currently i m working on time management and getting success in that area.Last year i struggled with time management.Either i get time to exercise or get time to relax.This year i m focusing about other areas of my life before thinking about weight loss.Improving time management is almost done now i will focus on mental health so that i do not do emotional eating.
    I got cold yesterday and my head is hurting so much.i walked a little today.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 227.0
    CW: 226.8

LTD: 21.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! Dogs are the best. That's great you are walking more.

@shaunarlr83 That's great saying! All we could do was laugh, even about the camera! It was many years before I replaced it. That's great to hear about upping exercise. Oh that is so sad about the little girl, I truly hope they find her unharmed. Sounds like another busy day for you.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on a great day! Have a great day today!

@AmbersWay Great job even though you've been exhausted/sick/busy, you still made time for you and things for your health! And great job at the steak house!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Wow that sounds busy! That's awesome that you made good food choices AND logged it all! Congrats on that loss!

@megnolia82 I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better. (((SKINNY VIBES))) for your weigh-in!

@Katmary71 LOL! I'm glad you like my recipes! The diabetes class is online only, so I can be in my jammies when I attend lol. Thank you! I'm glad you are feeling better. Have a wonderful Friday!

@DrewsAnna I love Leslie Sansone videos! Great job! Indeed, how do you deny Cheez Its??? :D

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss! Look forward to hearing more about how things are going.

Hi all. I basically maintained this week, which is okay we all need weeks like that. Hopefully, next week, I'll have a nice loss. I'm pretty happy that I did work out on my 30-minute lunch yesterday, I did a recovery workout which is still lifting weights but a lighter amount so it's a little less intense. I'm off at 11:45am today and am looking forward to it. Rain is heading our way and I will enjoy the rainy day.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Stuck to eating plan, lifted weights on lunch, tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – Praying for the missing little girl. Definitely sounds like a fishy story.
    @DrewsAnna – I’m smacking my head. I should’ve had a V8! I have all the different color resistant bands from PT from my last 3 surgeries just taking up space. Totally going to use them for strengthening at home :) Sometimes it’s the most obvious things that I need to be told! As far as the Cheez-Its, I’m sure your husband ate more than you. As long as you didn’t eat an entire box on your own. And I did end up with a second day of “screw it”…after making dinner, I relaxed on the couch with a movie and it was all over from there!
    @Ftofit – Mental health is so important. It’s awesome that you realize it and are focusing on it!

Last night I ended up with another “screw it” vibe and did not get 30 minutes of activity. I think part of the reason is that I had just spent over an hour at the physical therapist and I have a hard time trying to physically do anything after that. Also, my default is to go outside and walk, but when it’s already dark and below freezing, it’s hard to muster the motivation.

TEA update – I’ve been brewing a cup of Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon tea and using that instead of plain water for my oatmeal…yum! No need to add sweetner, either!

No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: <3
    2. Weigh all food: <3
    3. Log all food: <3
    4. 30 minutes activity: :'(
    5. Restaurants 2x: <3
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full: <3
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, got my doctor’s call. I have C. difficile. It’s such a relief because at least that means it’s treatable. Thank goodness. Hope to have a prescription in hand within the hour, I’ll send my hubby to pick it up.

Ugh. Phew.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - You have a diagnosis! Now you can get treatment! There is a light at the end of the tunnel - you can get your health back! Good luck with today's 13 reps.

-Mica
This discussion has been closed.