Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a wonderful morning. Today is Monday and it is back to work for me. I have a board meeting tonight and I have to work at the resource center tomorrow night. I am going to be working on some of my wedding stuff during my shift tomorrow so hopefully we will get things done. At least I hope to get stuff done.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - Ok so we decided on the a small cake and then cupcakes for the guests. cupcakes will be mint chocolate chip with mint frosting and chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. The actual cake will be mint chocolate chip with chocolate filling and mint frosting on top. It is going to be so good. We love it. One of our colors is mint green. We thought it went well together.
    @LindieMaeP - The tasting went great. I loved it. Joe and I had a lot of fun. We both love hanging with my daughter and her husband. We got to do that for a little while too.
    @NovemberGail - I hope your niece had a nice birthday.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,316 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    chv9vfcxa2pn.png
    knvb8yehp600.png

Good Morning, Everyone!! I love to check in here and it warms my heart to see so much chatter going on even though the Challenge has started. It is a GREAT way to keep in touch or to reconnect with those that we treasure and that we might not be on teams with.

I really WISH I had more time to check-in the way the core-group seems to ... I think that connections are so important as part of this journey that we are on. So many times I 'peek' but don't comment ~ wanted to wish you all a MARVELOUS Monday!!

Heidi (hicim705)
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges hosted on MFP
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Diane: It was a cold day yesterday. Supposed to be cold again today.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,428 Member
    Options
    It’s 59 feels like 56 with a high of 61 today. Insight Timer Quote: What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.—Helen Keller. I AM: I live my life authentically. Axe Sharpening: No matter what life throws your way, you have the ability to determine the outcome by your response.—Dejay Dvorak 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Contribute positively to your local community. Fitness quote for today: When you feel the burn and loving every second of it.—gymquotes.co Motivational quote for today: Instead of focusing on what’s missing, use your energy to count your blessings and manifest a better life for yourself.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,449 steps yesterday. Today’s training plan: 45 min walk after breakfast.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,419 Member
    Options
    @jeanhickokhaley ,,, Awwww Thank you I really enjoyed the sunset last night. We had a little bit of a break in the ❄️, ice and freezing rain. In a bit it'll restart. I'll keep you all up with pictures on the Titanic and how it coming along. Thank you Jean.
    @Tabatha_Cain,,, okay Tabitha I'm going to speak my mind on this I hope you don't mind. But it's only fair if you're going to write that type of a description of the cake that we all also get cupcakes. Lololol however all in favor please raise your hand. Notice mine it up. It does sound delicious that's a great choice. It will go so nicely with the theme. I figured most people would have off Martin Luther King Day today. Many places around here are closed but the other two because of ice and etc. I hope it went well.
    @Hicim705,,, Good morning to a dear sweet Heidi. Hope your day goes so well that you are impressed be on your imagination. Thank you so much for stopping by and saying hi. That makes us so happy. I enjoy doing the chats because I get to know other people I would not have known and I do get to the other that I do know such @Lindiemaep who ran away from the PS4L We do have a search team looking for it though. But we don't pay them either lol lol You know that well. 😁. Hope your day went fantastically well.
    @Patti241,,, I agree it's cold. A great excuse not to go outside if you don't have to and we do have to well we have Hayes boots, mittens and so on. Hopefully that's enough to help keep everybody on the warm side. Of course if you want to come up here Patti Tomorrow I can use help scraping off the car. I'm not sure how much ice is on it right now but I'm sure there's some probably more coming later. If it end with snow that will help the ice and of course we just turn on the car and warm it up and let most of the ice melt off well it won't melt but it'll be easier to scrape off. I hope today is a good day Thank you for being here.
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I am on day 7 of a 10 day work stretch. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that it's Monday. Since it's technically a federal holiday, it feels like I'm working a Sunday. I had to come in extremely early today so no real exercise yet today. The best part of coming in so early is getting off work super early though. I hope everyone has a pleasant day!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    🎵🎵🎵 MONDAY MONDAY 🎵🎵🎵 do you hear that? It is Monday today and what a great day it can be if you let it. I am going to let it be great and have a good time today. I have been up since 3:30 am thanks to water potty run and could not get back to sleep. The good thing about the water, besides keeping deep wrinkles away is STEPS from going to and fro every half an hour almost LOLOLOL AND we have another week of it too so this kinda a practise week with the water !!!
    @hicim705 oh so nice to see your post Heidi, thanks for dropping in and saying ello !! Hope your Monday is going well !!
    @Tabatha_Cain - hands up want a cupcake please, oh love the theme love love love !! Lots of pictures for your wedding memory book too I hope - I also hope your day goes well for you too!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 that was a gorgeous sunset indeed I enjoyed seeing it! Pssst tell the search and rescue team that dark chocolate chips trail will help that missing PS4L back to the den - but becareful what you wish for !!!
    @dmsl977 I hope your Monday goes well and what a nice way to look at going in early, getting off early when you will be able to do things you can enjoy ! I used to love getting off early so I could just relax and do some shopping of sorts. Office Job? Find ways to get steps in ? I used to do that as I was an office deskjockey - yup rode a desk for about 19 years and then retired, now I get to enjoy my time on a computer.
    @everyone have a marvelously meaningful Monday !!
    xubw3yzcu44q.gif
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,825 Member
    Options
    Loved the seashells and beautiful sunset pictures.

I found this article on 10 steps to a healthier life by Sarah Ingmanson. Hope you enjoy
    https://inspiremetoday.com/brilliance/10-steps-to-a-healthier-life/?omhide=true
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hi. Catching up tonight.

So happy @Dianedoessmiles1 that you have snow in the forecast. Red sky at night, sailers' delight. Red sky in the morning, sailers' take warning. Beautiful photo. About the Titanic--some sisters were supposed to on the Titanic but because of paperwork they could not manage to board. They went on the following ship: The Bremen. They went the same route as the Titanic and when they got to that area, they could see the remains of the ship and some who had lost their lives. Because icebergs were still in the area, they had to remain in their quarters at night in case they would hit an iceberg and take on water. They also had to have the horns blaring all night long. I appreciated that the sisters wrote about their ordeal and how sad it was.

@jeanhickokhaley and @Kurtize: I wish they were seashells because then I would be at a beach. These happen to grow on trees and you can even order them for your yard on line. Found that out when I was trying to figure out what type of mushroom/fungi these were. Apparently they have a lot of health benefits.

@Tabatha_Cain: I could taste those cupcakes when I was reading their description. Your guests will be delighted!

Good to see @hicim705 your note Heidi and catching up with @LindieMaeP.

Today I had spring fever and the wind and warmer temperatures contributed. I did all the quilts today and really cleaned the floor in the cottage. The poor kitties stayed in the closet most of the day. They are making up for it right now with one parading in front the computer while I am typing.

Tomorrow's word is honesty. Honestly, if a tree would have ears.

9yoitd3gtrkl.jpg

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Yesterday was a very busy and productive day. Went to Church and then spent the rest of the day at work right through my last shift. There was a lot of stuff to do between preparing and serving meals. I helped pack, clean and move a lot of stuff. There was also a lot of laughs during the dinner service after all the residents were mainly fed. There was some complaints about how over done the pizza was. Well to bad it's been a busy day and they cooked faster than expected. Then the lady that works with me on the weekend evening shift was just standing around doing nothing. Her job is to serve desert and drinks and do the dishes and cleaning. Once I realized what was going on I went to help my friend with the dishes since the other lady wasn't doing it. I was pushing the dishes through the washer as quick as it would let me. I was steaming and definitely did not hold my tounge. I know she heard me as everyone else did. But she continued to do nothing. Next thing I know she snuck up on me and asked why I was doing her dishes in a not so nice tone. All I could think as I walked away was you've got to be effing kidding me. I am proud of myself for just walking away and not saying anything.

This morning got an email reminding me of my up coming exam for my food handlers certificate. Surprise! I write it on Wednesday not Thursday. Well that woke me up so I studied until I had to get ready to run some errands with my Son. Couldn't get it all done as he was missing some papers for identification. But he did have an interview with a local restaurant and gets shown the ropes on Wednesday to make pizza. I joked about him having to toss the dough in the air. He said if he had to do that it would end up on his face LoL. After he headed home I went to my friends and visited as well as made 2 trips home with stuff from work the boss didn't want to take food wise and she didn't want. Also brought a load home last night after work. Tomorrow will be another long and busy day.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, hope today was a good one, it's been busy here, with Gene cooking his shrimp dish ( none for me as I am illergic to it ) and then clean up and I did my alfredo dish, got 4 meals out of it, so I will be well fed this week lol! Wednesday is a doctor's appointment and A&W is right there so I maybe having a momma burger and fries for lunch, we will see.
    @NovemberGail oh yes that was so tragic about the Titanic, I have one relative in my family tree who went to sea and was never heard from after that, was he on the Titanic? No I don't think so. By the way, I had a cousin in the family tree who became a nun and went to China way back when. It was interesting since the family at that time was considered protesent. Now about that tree, do you see what I see ? I see a froggie !! Is that Kermit !!?? Did he visit you today ?? Sounds like you got a lot done !
    I am tired and ready for bed, but not just yet. It's only 6:27 but I have been up since 3:30 am.... life goes on eh !!
    qh1axd5xvh8y.gif
  • jeanhickokhaley
    jeanhickokhaley Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    @dmsl977 keep up with the stretching. I should do more myself.

@NovemberGail that makes it even more interesting. I have never seen that here (So. Calif). Maybe we are too dry (normally).
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you all had a good morning. Today is Tuesday and I have to work the Resource Center today. I am liking having it on Tuesdays. I think it is great. I am hoping to get a lot of stuff done at the Resource Center tonight. I do have to wait for some information to come in before I can type up the notes for our meeting and get them distributed to everyone. But our next meeting isn't for a month so I can definitely wait a bit before getting the notes out.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I can definitely send you out a cupcake. Cannot guarantee the condition of which it will arrive though. We had a lot closed yesterday due to MLK Day. I wish we had been closed too.
    @dmsl977 - Congrats on day 7. I need to do some stretching. I think it will help.
    @LindieMaeP - I am taking as many photos as I can for our photo album. I am excited to see all the photos in one book.
    @NovemberGail - I did not know that. It is so sad. I sure hope people will be delighted with the cupcake choices. We clean our blankets every month. We put them in the wash and dryer.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I am sorry your person was not doing her job. I am sure you will do well on your exam. I hope today is not super busy for you.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: So far we do not have ice or snow, just rain this morning.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,428 Member
    Options
    It’s 35 feels like 32 with a high of 59 today. Insight Timer Quote: Keep your face always towards the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.—Walt Whitman I AM: I have great ideas. Axe Sharpening: The little achievements along the way are what bring you to your end goal. Don’t forget to celebrate those too.—Hanah Jones 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Be gentle with yourself when you make mistakes. Fitness quote for today: Let them doubt. Let them talk down. Let them laugh. Let them believe you’ll never be enough or strong enough to win. Then let them watch you prove them wrong.—completeeveryday.co Motivational quote for today: In the coming year, I hope you finally start to believe the people who tell you how wonderful you truly are.—unknown Closed all rings(hearts) on my Active 4 and had 15,205 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full Body Week 3, Day 2 after breakfast modified for at home.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a mostly cloudy and mild day here today. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i went for a run earlier in the morning and i really enjoyed it. i went for a walk a while ago and i feel great! i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. in a while i will be doing some colouring in one of the adult colouring books i have. i enjoy colouring, being creative and doing arts and crafts. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,825 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, had my pedicure this morning it was so relaxing, the massage chair felt so good on my back. Been lazy the rest of the day. Hugs and blessings.

Daily Affirmation for Tuesday

My compassionate intents are generally received clearly
    and acted upon - perhaps not immediately,
    or in exactly the way I hope -
    but acted upon favorably, nonetheless.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@Patti241: Our rain is coming tomorrow with colder temperatures but not too cold.

Today the weather was a balmy 50 degrees. This is so unusual for January so I soaked up the rays and listened to Billie Nelson's "Blue Skies". I got in a lot of exercise.

Tomorrow's Word is Obedience. Definitely not one of my favorite ones,

I don't know the name of this particular mushroom/lichen/fungus -- but I liked the color.

j918her1e2kq.jpg

• Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Wednesday and it is half way through the week. I am looking forward to the weekend. I only work on Sunday this week from 5:30 pm to 10 pm. I am hoping to get a lot of stuff done today.

@Kurtize - It has been so long since I had a pedicure. I am getting one toward my wedding.
    @NovemberGail - Way to go on getting the exercise in. I am hitting the gym again tonight.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    NovemberGail: It was not too bad yesterday. This week it is supposed to be a little warmer