Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    Well, I got chasing dust bunnies this afternoon, and got the livingroom window area tidies up - still some to do but with that useless bike in the way, hard to navigate and NOT fall so I did what I could for now. We have those ugly blinds - they are dust bunnie playgrounds, I hate them wiht a passion, those thin, white ugly blinds, I wish they would put real curtains back up - ugh - now to clean those they have to be done in sections. Imagine having to do 4 sets of blinds, and one of the sets being 2 x the size of the other 3 .... I hate those blinds ... I've tried using an old sock and then bounce sheet - suppose to be easier for next clean job NONONO... did I say I hate those blinds ?? can't throw those suckers in the washer and dryer..... you know what my spring cleaning will be.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 his missed the lab but then we went to Superstore to get his bread and luncheon meat for the week, plus I looked for the silicone ware for the air fryer so I am not always having to wash out the basket - it's a huge basiket - I found some things but not what I wanted. Gene has been using aluminum foil things for his food but I dont' like aluminum foil for cooking.... like I hate those blinds !!! I'll keep looking, might have to ask my daughter where she got hers... won't be at a dollar store, can tell ya that! Do you cook with silicone at all? Glad you enjoyed your hamburger - I woulda got one and ate it in the car BEFORE moving on ... lol plus for the fries I turn the oven on a bit and warm them up. If they are fresh they aren't getting cold fast here anyway. There is a sunset happening but no doubt No river time for me today to get pics... that's ok, there will be another one. Glad you enjoyed your morning. Your welcome, I tried to look for a link but knew iether you or another leader would have it.
    I am gonna go and listen to morning worship on Sarah, man that is a good morning worship!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I haven't heard if I have passed or failed my certificate yet. My Son is doing better for now but with mental illness that doesn't mean it won't happen again and you never know when it will happen again. The system is sooooo overwhelmed that I am sure he isn't getting all the care he truly needs.

Yesterday was a busy day. Exercised in the morning. Went with my Son, Sister and Brother-in-law to visit Mom's resting place. Found out my Sister had a flat tire as we were about to leave. As I was already in the car not sure how bad it was. But they were arguing about it and decided to drive to the nearest gas station to pump it up instead of putting the spare on as my Sister wanted. It was starting to upset my Son. Told them to knock it off and gave my Brother-in-law strict instructions that his job was to keep an eye on the tire and let my Sister concentrate on driving. Then we went to the party where I had a blast for the most part. Found out that my friend was called back to work by the new company on Wednesday and starts this week. Everyone else knew but me. That hurt but I will not say anything to her about it. I am glad she got the call.

Today went a little different than planned. Went to Church no snow. Went to coffee hour after Church and there was snow on the ground. Had been snowing all day. Shoveled and salted our property and my clients. After that it was rest for me. Back at my scheduled exercise tomorrow.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! A very winter-like day that looked like it was going to snow but will hold out for another day or three. We may get 3 to 5 inches Wednesday. I wouldn't mind a heavy snow for photos and to help fill out Lake Osage. (She's really a pond but we don't tell her that. She believes she is a lake.)

I am doing something a little different for exercise. The Boot Scoot Boogie always fascinated me so I am looking at videos on-line and trying to learn how to line dance. My animals are looking at me like I finally "lost it." If people were observing me, they probably wouldn't recognize the dance. But I am having a blast.

@Dianedoessmiles1: Glad to hear you are preparing for Cribbage. You need to keep that trophy and the privileges! I'll be rooting for you.

@LindieMaeP: I looked up how many calories are burned by chasing dust bunnies. They didn't have that category under exercises. Maybe that goes under light housework. 🤣

@Tabatha_Cain: Girl, you are going through a lot. The wedding plans may not seem stressful but the pressure losing weight for the big day can be. Steady as you go.

@Patti241: I liked all the suggestions that Diane offered as things to do. I also have a desire to nibble more when I am cold.

@CSEGUIN2: Be gentle with yourself these days. Infections are so very tiring.

Tomorrow's Word is HEALING

x1uxbi8vzpis.jpg

True turkey tail mushrooms are used in herbal medicines and folks make tea from the mushroom. (There are other fungus that are similar but not edible.)

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,125 Member
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, for the mini blinds have you tried a small dustpan and broom (Of course the brush part of that combo)? The bristles are small enough and yet enough of them that they get into the slats easily. If you like things are a lower cost I think?? You can find them here, and likely many other types of soft bristle type of brushes that'll work. Unless of course you are looking for something that'll stretch up high, but isn't that what Gene is for? 🤣🤣🤣 My air fryer is very easy to clean so I do not mind doing the basket. I'm sure Gene won't do this, but the moment I empty the food into my plate, I put the part of the air fryer right into the sink fill it with water and Dawn. SUPER easy to clean when I am done cooking. LOL Even when I make a huge mess!!! Enjoy the video!! I SURE did.
    @Cseguin2,,, The mental health system is so broken!! So very very broken!! I'm so sorry your S goes through this and so of course the rest of you do. We always a can of "fix a flat" in the car. Sure it can ruin the tire, but if we aren't around here it's a quick solution. Our tires are very good and we only travel LOLOL 1 to 2,000 YES thousand miles a year IF THAT!! Most places we go are within 1 to 7 miles each way. Its the city. I am hoping your friend is waiting to hear if you have the certificate, she may be trying to get you in there also. But, if you need to be certified or if you are and it'll increase your pay,,, she may not of said anything yet. Or she's just so very uncomfortable mentioning it. It's not an easy position for her to be in or for you.
    @Novembergail ,,, LOL THIS GAME is going to KILL ME!! I had picked my teams last week, and if the 49ers win,, WOOHOO ALL 4 PICKED RIGHT!! LAST 6 seconds to go!!
    u2f5t47f6xos.png
    OH FUN Gail to do the line dancing!! I had wanted to learn at one point. FOOLISH foot now breaks every time I try something that puts any extra pressure of it, but if it didn't I'd be JOINING YOU!!! HAVE FUN with it!! As you are! That's ALL that counts!! Awwww TY TY TY TY for cheering me on with Cribbage the first 2 times are for those who need to learn, and I am always happy to give newbies hints to play well. Oh, I DO NOT DO THAT with those who play well enough though!! Those mushrooms are AMAZING!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is Monday and it is time to get back to work for the week. I really enjoyed my time at my second job. It was great.

@LindieMaeP - My shift was a good one. I love working there so far. It is nice.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That is true. I am having some good cravings. I seem to want to just eat everything.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Hopefully you find out if you passed your test soon. I am sorry you were not told your friend was going back to work. Hopefully you get a job soon.
    @NovemberGail - That is always good that you are having a blast. Don't worry about what it looks like. It isn't really that bad. I have been working on my weight loss goal since 2019. So this isn't anything new. I am use to losing weight and I love seeing the scale go down and the clothes get bigger on me.

Well it is time to get something to eat. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Diane: I crochet and read. Starting today I will be going to Planet Fitness and start to work out.
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am back from my trip and ready to get serious about my fitness. This past year I have slowly come to realize that just trying to drop weight is not working for me. I need to change my focus to being healthier and in better physical shape. I know that by doing this the weight will drop.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It’s 21 feels like 21 with a high of 44 for today. Insight Timer Quote: You are never too small to make a difference.—Greta Thunburg. I AM: Happiness comes to me freely. Axe Sharpening: Wisdom comes from experience and reflection to improve on your actions.—Don Brown 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Put away digital devices and focus on being in the moment. Fitness quote: Would you rather be covered in sweat at the gym or covered in clothes at the beach?—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote: Never force what wasn’t meant for you. Your destiny is meant for something much greater.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 13,552 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Active Recovery 30 min walk on Assault Runner wearing a 12.6# weighted vest and 15 min full body stretching/mobility using Fitify app.
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Made itto the gym 4 days last week. Missed yesterday but went to church - yes I could of done both but had to finish putting away Christmas dishes. Back at it today. A little disappointed in the scale- gained a pound from yesterday-I know it will come back off but don’t like to see the scale go in that direction. Really working on eating slower. It is hard habit to break. Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, So happy you are enjoying the 2nd job! That's GREAT!! Do you track our food? If so are you getting enough protein and fiber? They help us to be fuller longer. Or under stress? Sometimes my cravings are also because I am low in a nutrition I need.
    @Patti241,,, WOOHOO Patti!! WTG!! How did the gym go?
    @Majork29 ,,, WB!! Hope you had a fantastic time!! Many of us are more focused on our health, by doing so some do lose more weight, but WOOHOO almost all are saying the same thing even if they do not lose weight or not much weight "My muscles are tightening up, I have a lot more energy." And dropping clothing sizes!! Nice decision!!
    @Macrat12 ,, HI Sarah. Nice job.
    @tslose ,,,, Nice job on making it to the gym 4 times last week!! Yesterday you may of had more sodium then your usual which can cause the weight to go up. I DO LOVE weighing in daily (LOL Often many times a day cause I LOVE numbers and find it very motivating. Today it helped me to redo my plan for the day). Eating slower is such a help to know when we are starting to get full without being to full. I also find and I do not know if I am strange (LOLOL well in some ways!) but if i stand up thinking "I am still hungry!" after eating my usual amount, when I stand up I realize "no I am actually full!" I do like the PAUSE this week, it'll help me even more so.
    At noon we had 10"s of snow from last night and we could end up with a foot, it'll be done in about 2 plus hours. I'd LOVE to go out tonight and clean off the car, but I ALSO LOVE being warm!! LOL!! The wind is pretty strong right now. LOL we know I'll probably wait some.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Still no word about my certificate.

I get my friend feeling awkward about telling me. I know that it wasn't her doing. She was actually looking forward to the time off. I am happy they called her back and know she will make the right decision for her and I will support whatever she decides.

Today has been cloudy. Slept in and then got up and worked out, did some dishes, did laundry, and played cards with Hubby. Still need to get some studying done for my schooling. Tomorrow is weigh and TOPS. I get to play roll of Leader this week as the Leader will not be there.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,499 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy Monday. WTG @NovemberGail for picking all teams. @CSEGUIN2 hope you hear about your certificate soon. Sadly our mental health care is broken and has been for years. My nephew was schizophrenia and bipolar. He never got the help he needed. When he was 30 committed suicide, my sister never really got over that. We need to bring back some of the help and hospitals to help people that suffer from various mental disorders. It is cold here and supposed to be all week, in high 40's (I know some of you are colder than that). I signed up on a new app I got from my supplement insurance company UnitedHealth care, its called Kaia, anyone can sign up and pay but apparently a number of insurance companies cover it. They help with exercises if you are struggling with pain and other things. So going to try it. Other than that nothing else new. Hugs and blessings, Joyce
    psbabmpebsxv.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2,, I can see why your friend(s) value you so much. You are so kind hearted wanting the best for others. HANG ON because good things come to those who have to wait longer. Have FUN being a leader tomorrow at the meeting!! We got a foot of snow today. Hehehehe you ALL KNOW I AM LOVING THIS!! Tomorrow when I go out I'll take some gorgeous pics!!
    @Kurtize ,,, Indeed the mental health system is so very broken. SO VERY SORRY about your nephew. I only had 2 nephews, one also committed suicide when he had just turned 18. It's a hole that can not be covered over in time, it just can't. A long time friend is severely depressed, rarely leaves her place (SIGH I both curse and thank the delivery systems in place) she just sits in there waiting to die of "old age" hmmm she's 62 that's not old. I TRIED to get her help, but they are so overwhelmed. She denies any depression and yet, all the signs are there. I am so happy you have the app and hopefully that'll help with the pain you are in. That'll be so ROARSOME!! The snow LOL Just stopped as I looked out my window
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,429 Member
    Options
    cxqbl2icc6z3.gif
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Lindiemaep ,,, HI Linda!! Enjoy the night kiddo!!! SLEEP WELL!!
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize: 🤣I wished I had picked all four teams but that was Diane that managed that feat. I'm rooting for Kansas City. Love their quarterback.

Now I'm calling it a night. Just ending the day with tomorrow's word for the day:

INSPIRATION

hdm6upgnei0n.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Novembergail and here are this coming weeks pick!
    MANY of us are rooting for the Chiefs!! WOOHOO!! We'll see how it goes and during the weekend Mahomes was pretty hurt. His back up Chad Henne did an okay job though. I sort of doubt Mahomes will be able to play safely. Its his right ankle and of course, he first tried to keep on playing thus injuring it more so. It was so PAINFUL TO SEE!!
    9o3aouhosdgh.png
    NEAT Picture!

UPDATE on the 3D puzzle I am making of the Titanic! Its so much fun doing this!
    pyqetdbyiqtb.jpg
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,095 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all having a good morning. Today is the last day off of my second job. Starting tomorrow I work both jobs 3 days in a row. That is going to be tiring, but I will make some decent money. I am looking forward to it and learning new things. I am glad I get to work a second job. That is definitely going to bring in some more money for the wedding. We are going to try and pay off the venue first and then pay on the DJ and then pay the cake off. Then everything else should be easy. We only need a couple more things and we should get those ordered too. I do want to pay on the venue this next check and then after that order some more supplies. Then pay on the venue and then order supplies. That sort of thing, I think that will make it easier to handle.

@tslose - I completely understand. I love when I am able to get to the gym. I need to do better at eating slower as well.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I do track my food. I know a lot of times I don't eat enough. I should eat a little more because I eat the bare minimum. Sorry you are getting so much snow. Although I am sure it is needed.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I need to sleep in. That won't happen this weekend. I have a lot going on this weekend.
    @Kurtize - That is great that you signed up for the new insurance. I am glad that it will help you out.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,032 Member
    Options
    Diane: The gym went great. I signed up and started working out. I will be going again tommorrow.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,228 Member
    Options
    It’s 27 feels like 27 with a high of 42 and chance of rain this morning and snow this evening. Insight Timer Quote: Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.—Socrates I AM: I attract whatever it is I desire in my life. Axe Sharpening: Instead of focusing on the end result, focus on executing the factors you can control to get there.—Jeff Huffman 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Take a small step towards an important goal. Fitness Quote: Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.—2BY10.co Motivational Quote: Change your thoughts and you’ll change your mood. Change your mood and you’ll change your day.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,650 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full-Body “GBC” Week 4, Day 2 modified for at home after breakfast.