Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,663 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I hope you are laying down for this, another way you can up your potassium and better then a banana is coconut milk - I get ONE coconut milk wihtout anything added into it, I love the taste of coconut milk too. It sounds like pill form may have to be the way, but don't let it get too low again. .. and make sure you let the HL know too so they can be there to help if you need it and what not. Glad you got some of the meeting in - some have to do that, either the talk or the study but not both. Tuesday we are all on zoom.... should be fun.
    dr7xiwu6vscx.gif
    rdyg5xbqcqwk.gif
    and
    l4ca6j76vdpp.gif
    for clarity !!!! PS this week's bible reading - OI - I gotta listen again !!!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Had a great time at the birthday party yesterday. But did way over eat. No exercise yesterday as there just didn't seem to be enough time.

Today was snowy, rainy and cold. Went to Church, then came home and did a few chores, worked on my TOPS program for Tuesday, baked some cookies, and played Skipbo with Hubby.

Hoping to be back on track tomorrow.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,610 Member
    Options
    @lindiemaep ,,, Awww TY TY TY!!! Appreciate the info etc. HUGS!
    @Csequin2,,, Sounds like you've had a few fun days!!! WOOHOO on snowy, but not the rain or cold. On Friday,, LOL our low will be -14 with a wind chill they are saying -30 to -40 F. LOL I am laughing and LOVING IT!!
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I had a brain fart when talking about ONE - it is coconut WATER not milk LOL DUH!!!! sleep welll eh !!
    qo0b9ynlecw8.gif
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,461 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is back to work and things are going well right now. I am back at work at my main job today. I don't work my second job until Thursday. So that is good. I need more hours at my second job. It just has happened that they have not had me come in 2 days last week due to weather. So that is a thing here. That is what happens when I work the late shift. I hope I can get more hours. I really want more hours.

@NovemberGail - I am excited and glad that I have a great hairstylist.
    @Catwmncat - It is great. We have workbooks and a chapter book to read. We read the chapter book and then answer the questions in the workbook. We compare answers and discuss and then any concerns we have we then meet with the mentors and work through it or learn to handle our differences. It really is helpful. I monopolized the conversation yesterday and Joe said something about him not getting a chance to talk. I apologized so I will note that I am a talker and that I need to let him have a voice.
    @LindieMaeP - That is so beautiful. I love the mountains.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am glad you are doing a little better. I hope they are able to get you switched to the other hospital. If not the potassium pills are not that bad. I have taken them before.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That sounds like an ideal weekend.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a wonderful day

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Novembergail: Yeah I enjoy going to Planet Fitness.
    Diane: No I did not take any before pictures.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It’s 15 feels like 3 with a high of 24 and under winter weather advisory and slippery roads. Insight Timer Quote: Embrace the glorious mess you are.—Elizabeth Gilbert. I AM: It’s OK to set my own boundaries. Axe Sharpening: Your best year won’t happen on accident. Effort and intention are key when aiming for anything better than your current situation.—Jenna Fail 1st Phorm Elite Athlete. Action for Happiness: See how many people you can smile at today. Fitness Quote: Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.—unknown Motivational Quote: Blessings come at you from all directions. You never know who or what will unexpectedly make your life better.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 14,451 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: 45 min walk after breakfast.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Its so common this time of year the hours aren't that great, but!!! As soon as people start getting their income taxes, they start shopping LIKE MAD and spending money on places they also enjoy. It'll pick up VERY SOON!! Some will start to get their taxes back in a few weeks, many will during mid Feb, than it all goes wild. LOL!! I had worked retail for many years it's just the pattern. ALSO have you asked your boss if someone calls out at night to call you? The ones who would ask me, I'd go OUT of my way to bring them in. They wanted to work, they were so happy to be getting extra hours, they got the work done even faster, I saved on the budget, it was a WIN/WIN for all of us. HAPPY associates make HAPPY customers and a great place to be working in. Thanks Tabatha, oh I've been on potassium pills for a few years, we did an adjustment in the water pill it's just a matter of having it balanced out.
    @Patti241 ,, you can always take some if you so desire. It's so that later you can see the difference that show easier in pictures then we often see ourselves.

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning!

A little bit of ice in the midwest has slowed down the day. Got up a bit late after watching the exciting KC/Bengals game. In case someone is reading this and doesn't want to know the ending, I will refrain from celebrating. Ohhhhhh, so hard.

Today's word is purification. Looks like a hint to be drinking more water???

z0ukt4xazkfr.jpg

A cardinal and wild canary above the bird feeder.
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Having issues signing in on the computer and finally got here via the IPhone. Tried on the droid but could only get to the news feed. I sure feel for anyone who pays for this service !! Free does have it’s advantages but only when it works !!
    I was going to go to the dollar store but Gene wanted to go to superstore so we went there and I bought new slippers , tights, and a dress as well as some Epson salts and a nail clipper set for Gene. Used my points and got 50.00 off and still got back 10,000 points! Now I start collecting points again!
    Hope those who can get in are having a good day!!
    ertdmdq2ncln.jpeg
  • LindieMaeP
    Options
    Back again, the computer program seems to be working now which is better for me and for you lol I can see what I type better too !!
    @Tabatha_Cain hope your day at work was a good one and you got a lot done !!
    @NovemberGail love the bird picture and the word for today. Thanks for both !
    I was going to show my lunch as I cut 100 calories by not having bread with my meat and cheese and had cottage cheese and strawberries for lunch. It was ok and filling so now I am energized to do some other things. I still have to get my steps in though and have bible studying to do for tomorrow's meeting. Have a wonderful day today and enjoy what ever you are doing !!
    tuetgauvxd39.jpg
    2uaxacmryhu1.gif

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I made oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies with raisins and currents. The best part is instead of oatmeal I think I used bran flakes. Not sure it was a mystery bag that was Mom's. The chocolate chips were dark and semi-sweet.

The results were in the mail today when I got home. Passed my food handlers certificate with a 98%. Now to get my resume done.

Today has been an off day. Woke up at 5:30 am and read for about an hour. Then did my walk video and a little strength exercise. Also completed my TOPS program for tomorrow. We are covering protein. Had a light breakfast and found out my Son was running late. Good thing I always make sure to leave extra time to catch a different bus to appointments. While I was down town waiting for him I did a little shopping. He has a cavity that needs fixing and needs a cleaning before they can put on his upper braces. When I got home opened my mail and was so happy had to share my news with my cousin and a friend so texted them. Had a quick lunch and read a little more. Then went to my friends house. She was telling me about work. Kinda happy that they didn't call me back. She doesn't want to stay. Soon dinner and then bed.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Novembergail ,,, OH THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!! RIGHT DOWN to the wire, about as close as it can get. SMILE ON MY FACE!!! HAPPY DIANESE! Hope you were able to stay inside!
    @Lindiemaep ,, Glad you got back on again. I was able to get on, but not respond to an email. I just checked and I can again so I'm going to head over there to help out another leader.
    @Csequin2 ,,, SO PROUD OF YOU!!! NO DOUBT you'll so EASILY get a job!!! I love doing resume's!! Hint, if it's an online application, the computer looks for certain key words, if you look up the position you are applying for and use some of those key words (not a ton, but enough) it'll throw your resume into the LOOK AT pile. It works very well. AGAIN SO PROUD OF YOU and NOT AT ALL surprised you got a 98%!! So sorry about your friend not liking it there, I HOPE she's also looking.
    ctg6wjhhuuam.gif
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,190 Member
    Options
    It's been a crazy day... but in a good way!
    6w2o8dvw8cbx.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Greek Yogurt w/ Banana, Blackberries and Hot Honey
    Dinner ~ Prime Rib, Sweet Potato and Peas
    Dessert ~ Protein Coffee, Chocolate Rice Cake and Dates
    @Tabatha_Cain Hang in there and the hours will come, managers always take note of who is there to work and who's not. Just keep remining them you are willing and eager to work more.
    @NovemberGail was very pleased with the outcome of the KC/Bengals game. I think they have a much better chance of beating the Eagles. Unfortunately, I predicted last week that if the Eagles got by the Giants they were going all the way to the ring. I sure hope I'm wrong! Picture of the birds is incredible.
    @LindieMaeP Great job on cutting those calories!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Catwmncat ,,, MEOW!! And it was FUN watching the game yesterday!! I did enjoy it!! I agree KC is better than the Bengals though we certainly have to agree the Bengals DID play well and it did come down to the last 3 seconds. LOL OOHHHH THE SCREAMING THAT WENT ON!! And the TEXTS were STILL FLYING today about it!! LOVE the kitty cat pic, and hey kiddo, hope you sleep tonight. Time for us to get back on the BED ON TIME THINGIE!! For the most part I am still doing well with that!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,461 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well. Today is going to be a good day. I am going to get a lot done and be productive. I do want to have a talk with my boss and see about getting better pay and get some things off my chest. I am just scared to tell him what I think so far of the job I have.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I understand that. I too am on a water pill for edema for my hands and feet. They swell randomly and my body does not like to release water. So they have me on a very low dose and then I eat a banana every day. I do know that the work will pick up. Same thing happens with insurance.
    @NovemberGail - It is super cold. So cold her. It is 5F here outside. So darn cold
    @LindieMaeP - I did have a good day. It was productive so who knows what today will bring.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is great that you passed your exam. I feel like it is good that you are able to see how she is liking it. That way you know you are not missing much.
    @Catwmncat - I have been. Maybe I should call them and ask them if I can come in and get more hours rather than wait for them to call me.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Diane: I will take a selfie of myself before and after.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    @Catwmncat What is hot honey?
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    It’s 15 feels like 4 with a high of 24 and chances of snow possible after 11AM. Insight Timer Quote: There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life.—Frederico Fellini I AM: I have special gifts to give my community. Axe Sharpening: Show up for yourself. That’s it. Show up for yourself today.—Derek Weida 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Write down your hopes or plans for the future. Fitness Quote: Summer bodies are made in the winter.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational Quote: Get excited, things are about to get so much better than you ever imagined.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,313 steps yesterday. Training plan for today: Full-Body “GBC” Week 5, Day 2 modified for at home after breakfast.
  • Brigglesgiggles
    Brigglesgiggles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    vphgpwwl74nx.jpg