Airport Lounge Discussion

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,162 Member
    It’s 42 feels like 33 with a high of 56 today. Insight Timer Quote: Mind is a flexible mirror, adjust it, to see a better world.—Amit Ray I AM: I believe in myself and my ability to achieve great results. Axe Sharpening: Don’t let failure be the reason you don’t go after what you want to accomplish in life. As crazy as it sounds, failure is part of the process. So learn, adapt, and grow.—Darryl Moore 1st Phorm Advisor Action for Happiness: Ask other people about things they’ve enjoyed recently. Fitness Quote: Success –starts with—Self-discipline.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote: Every day you wake up has the potential to be the best day of your life. You just have to commit to making it so.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,834 steps yesterday.
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,831 Member
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for all the input on my food posts... it helps me so much to stay accountable... actually more so than the scale. Did you know that they say taking pictures of your food before you eat it can actually help you eat less and or make healthier choices. Here's an article that gives 7 valid reasons for taking pictures of your food. https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/7-completely-valid-reasons-for-taking-pictures-of-your-food Pictures of healthy foods that were shared on SparkPeople is what inspired me to learn how to cook and eat healthy food. Please share your photos of not only what you are eating, but progress pictures as well. They inspire and motivate more people than you can imagine. Someone is always watching and being inspired or motivated in one way or another.
    Friday's Eats
    8frwivqc0sbp.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Dave's Thin Good Seed Peanut Butter Banana toast with Hot Honey
    Dinner ~ Light Broccoli Cheddar Soup and White Cheddar Rice Cakes w/ Deli Buffalo Chicken Breast
    After Dinner ~ Coffee with Premier Protein
    *The Broccoli Cheddar Soup was delicious and only 230 cals for the whole can. I added a few crushed red pepper flakes.
    @LindieMaeP I'm looking forward to having you back in the Den. We need another to join (Granny)Sue and I in the revenge on the crazy lady!! She keeps throwing us in jail!
    I forgot I had saved the instructions for resizing:
    When posting pictures off your computer, you might want to try to size them before posting - I usually go to my pictures, right click, then open, when in the program that opens, look for a series of dots, ... click on the dots, click resize and then choose one of the sizes or customize your own (400 or 500 width with Maintain Aspect Ratio checked works best for most to be big enough to see well on both the website and app). Save resized copy (either give it a new name or replace the existing file).

On the Android phone go to Gallery, open photo, click the pencil at the bottom, 3 dots at top right hand corner, resize. Easy peasy... on the phone you can revert back to original size at any time.
    To post a gif simply Google whatever you’re looking for and gif (example: tigger gif), SAVE it to either computer or phone then add it thru the picture icon (Mountains and Sun) above the comment line. Gif's cannot be copied and pasted or resized, they will not run properly or will just show as a photo as in the second photo.
    uhyxgvycawus.gifwv6pkvu4v2z3.png
    @CSEGUIN2 Connie what type of program do you have to work on for TOPS? Did you become a leader? Isn't it a great feeling to be tired and want to go to bed because of all the things you accomplished that day!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 you know wherever you and I are together Trouble is about to ensue.😁

Hope Everyone has a Grrreat Weigh-in and Wonderful Caturday!
    uieo62r5ob6o.jpg
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    I'm way behind; will chat more later.

Today's word is COMMUNICATION.

78vyf6zdbziv.jpg

You can never have too much cute!
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 5,023 Member
    nxtfkz8b476c.jpg
    r1t4nm8ddc99.jpg
    Breaking the fast breakfast - the first picture was before resizing on the Android - the second after resizing. I found the resizing of pics on the computer changed so those figures might help me, @Catwmncat , as I do not understand pixels etc. And sometimes it will not let me change it!! Frustrating indeed. Yes my 5% bucket list is complete and I can return to the den, watch out ya'll ... when I was young my middle name was "mouth" and "trouble"... I was quite mouthy and well ... we all know where that leads, today I am not as "mouthy" but will be vocal at times if I feel the need to be. Gene has gone to work today so today might be a good day to do some domentic engineering without hearing " she's cleaning again!!! " or that it is "women's work".... you know someone gets a gibs smack for that latter comment!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 got the sweat pants, on sale at walmart but I spent way too much and my sister took me in her car. Her son, my nephew was with us and he was in a foul mood due to his own family life issues - we stopped at MacDonald's so he could get something to eat and a coffee for his mom, I had brought my own water ! While nephew was scarfing down his food I told him when I say Hara Hachi Bu to stop eating for a few seconds then continue scarfing - lol I hollard Hara Hachi Bu, no idea if he stopped eating for a bit lol. I did realise the ride to walmart and back was very difficult on my hip issues and I was sore all night, today I will try to do some stretching after the mtg.
    @NovemberGail a good word for today, communication, something we all need to practise at along with "are you listening" ...
    @everyone, have a wonderful day today and enjoy what ever you have planned !!

mwz5s843jbc1.gif

• Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,886 Member
    cdrwg2o3nfbs.png
  • LindieMaeP
    v61ci7v5mop3.png
    This is the option I get if I want to resize a picture - as you can see it only gives you pixels or percentage. I tried 50 percentage on the next two pictures.
    x2d1cun0a8aj.jpg
    da8dimb7qgjw.jpg
    I am not sure how they will turn out but I am trying to figure it out. Maybe I need to go to 25% or even 5% LOL

• LindieMaeP
    By the way when I try pixels it does not work very well and will not let you make a very good adjustment. It bounces back. ANNOYING lol But I will keep trying !! And that was through Windows 11. HATE it ... for now... I hope you all had a good evening. Here's another pictutre see if you can spot the moon rising and the crow....
    lnuzrekoxcnc.jpg
    iai744v7tpma.jpg
    It was a beautiful sunny day today and will be sunny all week !! Planes were landing all day but I was inside by that time doing domestic engineering crap ... have a good evening everyone!!

• LindieMaeP
    Dianne, feel better and rest up , mtg tomorrow for you - ours on Tuesday will be whole Congregation on Zoom - no cards, no computer, just you and Izzy and relax as best you can eh !!

• Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,972 Member
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today is church and marriage mentors. I am really glad we decided to go this route and go through any potential problems there may be. So far everything we have worked on Joe and I have already talked about. Well at least in the first 2 chapters of the workbook. Which is what we are going over today in the workbooks.

@Catwmncat - That is great info to know on accountability and picture resizing.
    @LindieMaeP - That is frustrating. I want to try and resize but I can never seem to get it to work. You are doing great with the resizing.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am glad you are a bit better. I hope they can figure out why your potassium keeps dropping.

Well it is time to get some food. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 6,162 Member
    It’s 21 feels like 8 with a high of 25 today. Insight Timer Quote: Meditation is not a withdrawal from life. Meditation is a process of understanding oneself.—Jiddu Krishnamurti I AM: I listen to understand. Axe Sharpening: No mater the speed, keep moving forward.—Stacey Erving Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Action for Happiness: Say hello to a neighbor and get to know them better. Fitness Quote: You don’t get what you wish for. You get what you work for.—courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational Quote: A good mood doesn’t mean your life is perfect. It means that you have chosen to be happy despite the imperfections.—unknown Closed all rings (hearts) on my Active 4 and had 12,427 steps yesterday.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,857 Member
    Just got back from my workout. Worked my legs today.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Good Sunday Morning!

@Dianedoessmiles1: So sorry to hear that you needed to go to ER and glad that they looked at your potassium. Hopefully that can be regulated and you will feel much better. All the football gamed will help get your mind in another direction.

@catwmncat: Purrsday! There is such a gentleness to the name. That day is usually my hectic day when I take my turn at cooking. The word instantly relaxed me. SO HAPPY IT'S PURRSDAY. SHIP!!!

@Tabatha_Cain: Love your hairstyle. It will look perfect for your wedding.

@LindieMaeP: Good job on working with those photos. Estimating the number of pixels or percentages can be daunting.

@Patti241: Great job on working out! So glad you found a gym that you are enjoying.

Today's Word is STRENGTH

5q93y8vtz8ji.jpg
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,831 Member
    edited January 2023
    Caturday Eats
    y4qdv5v6aj0a.jpg
    Fast Breaker ~ Lemon Protein Over Night Oats, Blueberries, Praline Pecans and Lemon Curd
    Dinner ~ Thai Green Coconut Curry Chicken over Jasmine Rice and Coconut Sriracha
    Dessert ~ Homemade Carrot Cake w/ Cream Cheese Icing

@NovemberGail what an awesome picture of Jonathan, AR least I think it's Jonathan. Communication is something many have a hard time with, but it is so important. Great word for the day.
    @LindieMaeP I love that Caturday brekkie. Glad the resizing info helped. I could have sworn that you were the one who taught me how to resize. No biggie my forgetter is working quite well lately. Maybe we're related? Hubs still calls me "the mouth" and well, you know trouble is my middle name, especially when Diane and I get together. She's an instigator.🤫🤪 PS4L seems to really like the mouthy trouble makers because they keep rushing back faster and faster. Love that Caturday gif... I'll be borrowing, TY.😊 When you are resizing are you clicking on Define Custom Dimensions(3) and changing the width(4)? Maybe pictures will help a bit more.
    Resizing pictures on the computer
    tilqm19hhrg4.png
    1. Click on the 3 dots at the top
    2. Click on Resize Image
    3. Either select one of the three options OR click on Define Custom Dimensions
    4. Custom Dimensions ~ check Maintain aspect ratio and enter a size in width, then save resized copy

@Diandoessmiles1 I'm sorry for getting you so upset that it sent you to the ER... You're not really a Brat, well maybe a little bit, but we still love you!!🤣😂 You know the cure for low potassium is lots of freggies!!🍌🥦🍆🍊🥕 Oh, that's right you had your need it or not yearly salad the other day!😉😜 I'll call ya in a bit, after I eat.
    @Tabatha_Cain Marriage Mentors sounds like something all couples should have to do/go to before tying the knot. I bet a lot more marriages would be happier and last.
    @NovemberGail SHIP for Purrsday is so much better than the acronym for So Happy It's Thursday.
    Time to hit PS4L and the Weight Reports and Badges... Have a Wonderful Sunday! Strength is exactly what I need today!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,886 Member
    ind040t2au6a.png

Happy Sunday, have a great day, hugs and blessings. GO 49ERS @Dianedoessmiles1 hope your feeling better. We have DirectTV and they are having a dispute with Fox so we won't be able to watch the game live. We are recording it after it plays on another station, so staying away from media so we don't know the outcome until we watch it. Crazy I know.
  • LindieMaeP
    It's a beautiful day here in the lowermainland of BC especially Vancouver. Gene and I did another walmart run but I had camera ready as the mountains and their dusting of snow was gorgeous - I only wish I was steadier taking the pics but here you go, enjoy !!
    @NovemberGail great word, I need strength to "strength"en my bad hip flexors that kept me up all night and messed up my day. Now it is more afternoonish and not so bad, but man it better not keep me awake again ... might be from a change of the weather, who knows. Love the bird picture - my Sister-in-law is a birder and goes out contantly to get her "lifer".... hope your day was good.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how was your mtg and how are you feeling?
    @Catwmncat actually you taught me to resize on both the computer and the droid but the computer did an upgrade to the system for pictures and I no longer get number 3 it just jumps right to number 4 and that has been a great pain. I liked it better when I could select a size and let it do all the work. I can't be bothered learning anything new for now so I'll just play with it a bit. The droid I am doing ok, I just wish I could remember WHICH pic I resized LOL Oh well. I hope your afternoon goes well and you accomplish what you wanted including calming down the crazier then life CL!!
    @everyone have a good afternoon and enjoy what ever activity rocks your boat or is that floats LOL

meyaucj7utl8.jpg
    9yjt6k4t2bgz.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,385 Member
    @Lindiemaep ,,, I was able to do zoom for meeting. Even answered 2 times, but I WAS laying down. I've been up a bit, but I NEED to go and lay back down. I didn't stay as long as they liked, they are short on staff, NOT their fault, but on the 3rd OOPSIE that put me into extreme pain, and I couldn't get help (When potassium runs through an IV without a saline or another solution it's so PAINFUL as if 5 bees are stinging you over and over and over again!) I could not handle that possibly happening again, I talked to the Dr, he apologized, but with the other 2 things similar earlier ,,, I couldn't/I wouldn't. If I need tomorrow after talking to my Dr. need to go back in, I'll go to the better hospital as long as my Dr can access their system fully. If not, we'll have to do through pills only. I can't eat enough stuff to bring it up. I await the day we'll all feel better!! TY TY TY for the care/love. Meeting was great!
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, THANKS!! Hope they day went very well. NOT a bad idea to see if things can be talked through. If both mates are willing to always do that, it's a GO and the word "I am sorry" Without justifying it. Putting the other mate (Each of them) before themselves also.
    @Patti241,, Have you taken before the gym pictures yet? So that say 3 or more months down the road, you'll see QUITE a difference. WOOHOO!!
    @Novembergail ,,, Awww TY TY TY TY TY ,, LOL I replied in Linda's post about that. PURRSDAY is a LOVELY DAY!! And so FURRSDAY!! LOVE THEM and of COURSE CATURDAY!! How's the cooking coming along? MANY SO MANY beginners video's on youtube.
    @Catwmncat ,, LOLOL I had PUT @Caturday ,, LOLOLOL I LAUGHED SO HARD!! TY TY TY for the visual!! Hmmm IT"S A WONDER they LET us all be ON THE SAME TEAM!!! LOLOLOL someday they'll ask us to separate? NAH THEY CAN'T!! Hehehehehe at this time we are both leaders!!! (I am the CL; Cat is the WL) LOLOL BUT we sure do have FUN!!
    OOOHHHHH I HADN"T THOUGHT OF THAT"s WHY I ENDED UP in the ER!! That STUPID SALAD!! SIGH SIGH my POOR SYSTEM went RIGHT INTO SHOCK!
    @Kurtize,,,, I put a message on the PS4L team, for others, if you can't watch a common channel and you can afford a wall antenna such as can be found at Walmart etc. and you are close enough to a city (otherwise please do the research, there are some that CAN do it, and of course the old roof antenna's made so much better now) can.
  • LindieMaeP
    @Dianedoessmiles1 I hope you are laying down for this, another way you can up your potassium and better then a banana is coconut milk - I get ONE coconut milk wihtout anything added into it, I love the taste of coconut milk too. It sounds like pill form may have to be the way, but don't let it get too low again. .. and make sure you let the HL know too so they can be there to help if you need it and what not. Glad you got some of the meeting in - some have to do that, either the talk or the study but not both. Tuesday we are all on zoom.... should be fun.
    dr7xiwu6vscx.gif
    rdyg5xbqcqwk.gif
    and
    l4ca6j76vdpp.gif
    for clarity !!!! PS this week's bible reading - OI - I gotta listen again !!!

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,635 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Had a great time at the birthday party yesterday. But did way over eat. No exercise yesterday as there just didn't seem to be enough time.

Today was snowy, rainy and cold. Went to Church, then came home and did a few chores, worked on my TOPS program for Tuesday, baked some cookies, and played Skipbo with Hubby.

Hoping to be back on track tomorrow.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 13,385 Member
    @lindiemaep ,,, Awww TY TY TY!!! Appreciate the info etc. HUGS!
    @Csequin2,,, Sounds like you've had a few fun days!!! WOOHOO on snowy, but not the rain or cold. On Friday,, LOL our low will be -14 with a wind chill they are saying -30 to -40 F. LOL I am laughing and LOVING IT!!