Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Hi MS...You have a new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @sleepygirl79 :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Well I'm so far behind I don't think I can catch up with all the info.
    @shaunarlr83 I live in Arkansas and I've not been there.

@AmbersWay are we friends?
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello! New to the challenge and looking forward to participating. I am hoping for some tough accountability (don’t be afraid to call me out) and motivation. Let’s do our best for February!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Oh I love the Chulily museum, that one @Shaunarlr83 posted reminded me of there! You're making some delicious-sounding and looking food!

@Cornanda Oh wow, congratulations! What a cutie pie! Tell us more!

@trooworld I'm so glad the parsley and mint are peeking out! If they still have that little paper spot on them be careful taking it out, my dill seedling was stuck to it and I tore it right out. You did great on working out and deserve a rest day. Let us know how the webinar goes!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Oh no, sounds like your sinuses are a hot mess, I hope you're feeling better soon!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I still want to try those beans despite the price, you figure going from dry is almost like buying canned but tastes way better and I love all the varieties, I should probably try growing some beans for cooking (dry ones). That meal looks amazing! I hope Hunter is feeling better.

@sleepygirl79 Welcome to Slimpossibles! If you click on the beginning of this thread you can read about No Zero Days then in the main forum area there's weekly challenges as well. I look forward to getting to know you!

Hi team! I actually slept, I woke up but was able to fall back to sleep and only had one nightmare so it's a win for me. I had some labs to do so I did that on the way to Costco then managed to get in and out without losing my mind though it was hard getting everything in the car. I need to bring my brother or Bill to get a bunch of potting dirt, I was only able to get 1 with all the storage bins in my cart. I came home and made a huge salad with my chicken then worked out and finished my book. I'm pretty sore so I'm off to lay down and start a new one. Have a great Thursday!

No Zero Days
    healthy choices under calories
    workout done (cardio, abs and arms, and stretching
    relaxing bath listening to hang drums
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 thank you for sharing. I do feel alone and being on here is really helping me.
    I am on nights this week covering for someone on vacation and I am doing well so far. No snacking getting my water in but not getting my steps in. Im still ok though cuz the no snacks is huge for me. Well better get back at it. Sleep well all.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I hope you got a good rest. It’s definitely hard to travel with gardens to keep up and pets. When I return from summer holidays, my dogs look like sausages. Their sitter tends to give too many treats and my plants are dead. I’m grateful my doggies are all healthy and happy though.

I can imagine it’s tricky to stay on plan when Bill is visiting. My husband wanted to go out to eat and I was like nooooo I have WI. 😂 Now he joined me and got back on his plan. Can’t beat em join is the mood here now.

Glad you mentioned the bags and how they dry out. We were looking into them but ended up getting large planters for the herbs.

About the unknown friend. Perhaps it was an invite from ages ago and they just came back. That makes sense.

@shaunarlr83 your trip looks amazing. We lived in Arkansas for a bit and I really enjoyed the trails and canoeing we did there, it was beautiful. Glad you had a good day. I hope your feet survived.

@happysquidmuffin isnt that how it goes, up on WI day! It happened to me Iast week, so my feed is different than my post for Sunday WI. So happy that you are enjoying your fit self. It’s the best part of the hard work.

@DrewsAnna the savory oats look great. I hope the aroma of the coffee helps get you up and going with ease.

@trooworld can we change our names? I have looked for a way but was lost. I need to google it, I’d like to change mine. I hope you had a great rest day. We need those. Good job on the water intake.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Feel better soon 💐

@vegan4lyfe2012 your meal looks delicious! I hope both daughters are doing well. Big hugs to you all. I need some whipple beans it seems. Yum!

@sleepygirl79 welcome to the group

@19shmoo69 I hope you’re doing well. I’ll have to check my list/notifications. How are you feeling these days?

@tammymccrady6278 you’re not alone, we’re all here with you. Definitely take advantage of having group support. It really helps.

I hope I am all caught up now 😊

• AmbersWay
    Options
    Thanks for joining my friends list. I like to see my newsfeed move❣️

Congratulations to those who had a loss this week, in case I missed a post.

My latest, my youngest is still unwell with a cold now. She looks like Rudolf 🔴 so Ive been busy keeping up with the potential of a “demic” in my house. 😊

My weight is up today which was stressful, but I’m ok. I’m within calories, but not moving as much as last week, hormones possibly. So, I will just keep doing what I’m doing and accept a less desirable week.

I’m hoping to start my stationary bike this week and maybe some yoga.

No zeros

Got 2 bags of clothes packed to donate. Slow process but still going.

Closing my steps ring

Taking some time each day for myself.

Small change:

I cut the hashbrown from my morning omelette and it still tastes great and saved some calories. I’m going to work on getting the calories down while keeping the flavor. Like I switched out a slice of cheese for a spoon of shredded parm, half the calories and I get that flavor I like.

Today, will be the zuchinni lasagna again. Layers of grilled zuchinni instead of pasta.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,085 Member
    Options
    Good morning MS!
    The snow started around 2pm yesterday, but it changed to rain some time during the night. It's 42 degrees and pouring right now, and most of the snow that fell in the night is getting washed away. At least I won't have to shovel.
    I'm probably taking a rest day today. My back is bothering me from my Tuesday workout combined with the Tuesday shoveling. I started to notice it on Wednesday, after my workout on the stationary bike. So today I will limit my exercise to just walking.

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly That's too bad you aren't feeling better. I hope today is better for you. Hugs. <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you so much! Wow, look at you cooking up a storm! And how nice your son and DIL stopped by. I'm sending good wishes for Hunter's visit. Your whipple bean dish looks yummy. Can you edit your restaurant goal? Maybe 4x a week or 3x a week? Lower the bar!

@19shmoo69 Hi nice to "see" you! I hope you are well, Darren.

@sleepygirl79 Hi and welcome to our little space on the interwebs! You'll find lots of support here.

@Katmary71 Thanks for the tip. I don't know if I know what you mean, do you mean the paper ring around the top? If so, they are on all of them still. Thanks! The webinar is a year-long series. Last night's was good, it was on exercise to reduce your chance of diabetes. I found it helpful. I hate going to Costco! I hate it so much that I joined Sam's Club instead lol. Sam's Club has this really cool feature, you can "scan and pay" with your phone, you don't have to wait in a line to pay, just scan as you pick things up and pay with your phone. I love it! Great no zero wins!

@AmbersWay I don't know if we can change our names, I'm not too tech-savvy with MFP. I doubt we can. Thanks, I did have a good rest day! I hope your daughter gets better soon and it doesn't move its way through the family. Great no zeros!!! I love "Taking time for myself"! I love zucchini lasagna, enjoy.

@micaroo4 Enjoy your rest day!

Hi all. Not much to report here, I did have an anxiety attack yesterday at work that was pretty bad. I didn't eat over it though, so I suppose that's a win. I was so upset that I didn't eat lunch. I did have some light snacks at around 2pm.

Lastly, I wanted to share my low-carb breakfast for this week. I have it with some fruit. It's a McGriddle Chaffle, it's one of my favorite breakfasts! https://www.lowcarbingasian.com/mcgriddle-chaffle/

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I only ate when I was truly hungry, drank 67.5 oz water, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 – Welcome!
    @19shmoo69 – Just know we’re all still here…some of us drinking delicious tea, others, plain ol’ joe :)
    @Katmary71 – The dry beans from Rancho Gordo are so fresh, they don’t take as long to cook as the dry beans from the grocery store. What is your current favorite bean? I’ll recommend a couple RGs for you. And thanks for asking about Hunter…she was good yesterday. What book did you start?
    @tammymccrady6278 – You are definitely not alone in this group! Awesome job on the no snacking! It’s tough, especially when you’re up late.
    @AmbersWay – You made me snort out loud when you said your dogs look like sausages! Hahahahaha! Yes, my daughters are doing ok for the moment. Thank you. And yes! You definitely need some Whipple beans! I need to motivate and go through my clothing. Like why am I hanging on to things from 5+ years ago? When I lose the weight, am I even going to want to wear that old stuff? Most likely not. Nice job on your flavor swaps to save calories!
    @micaroo4 – It’s like we’re swapping weather! Today was the super heavy wet lake effect snow here. I’m really hoping it melts soon! Rest that back…shoveling is the worst!
    @trooworld – I’m just going to eliminate the restaurant one. I’ll still keep it within reason. My biggest issue is continuing to stop eating when I’m full instead of cleaning my plate. I’m so sorry you had the attack at work yesterday. Hopefully today goes better for you.
    Hunter’s visit yesterday went pretty smooth. No big issues. We chatted, she did her laundry, I fed her mashed taters (her fave), ended up making almond milk for the chai (tasted fabulous) and then she went home at a decent time. Nothing new to report except I need to focus more on getting my 30 minutes of activity. Working on my grocery list and the best way to eat through fresh produce so there’s no waste (pretty hard when you’re a single person). I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
    No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: B)
    2. Weigh all food: B)
    3. Log all food: B)
    4. 30 minutes activity: :|
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: B)

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Way to go on not snacking, conquer one thing at a time, you got this! You aren't alone anymore, you have a whole crew behind you now. :)

@AmbersWay Oh I'm glad your husband is joining you on eating better, that's wonderful. Bill actually isn't a bad influence most the time I think it's more now I have a partner to drag along with me adventuring. He's lost weight since we got together and I gained, figures right?! As far as the grow bags it gets pretty hot here in summer, I think summer squash and zucchini would need to be watered twice when we're in the 100s but I can't water twice a day. Sounds like you had a great day today. I hope your youngest is feeling better soon.

@macaroo4 I'm glad you don't have to shovel with your back bothering you. Walking is a good plan, I hope you bounce back fast!

@trooworld Yes the paper ring is exactly what I mean, my dill seedlings grew into it and when I pulled it off they came with it which stunk! Wow I haven't heard of the scan and pay feature, that's awesome at Sam's! I may have to tag along with my folks but have seen Sam's has been having a lot of deals on Groupon. I like Costco but not the crowds and lines. I don't have the patience to deal with the electric cart, it's hard enough to get around people with a normal cart there. Nice increase in water, way to go!

@vegan4lyfe2012 My absolute favorite bean is garbanzo beans from dried ones. I'm reading The Garden of the Last Days by Andre Dubus III, it's one my neighbor gave me to read. I'm about halfway through her stack but I came home with a bunch of gardening books from the library too. So do you feel making your own nut milks is worth it? A friend of mine loves doing it, just curious what you think. It IS hard to not waste food being single but possible, I'm so worried about things going bad I kind of eat in order of the produce that will go bad first. Great No Zeros and having oatmeal as a snack!

Hi team! Had another rough night but am in a decent mood despite the flare up from it. I worked out this morning then sent off some packages I had at UPS and stopped at the library to check out their free seed bank, I took more than I realized, now I feel bad! I'm bringing one of them to the greenhouse tomorrow. I also couldn't go in a library and not leave with books, my two favorites all in one place! The seeds are mostly cold weather ones so I'll save most of them for fall. Got my work done and have been reading and cleaning. Tomorrow's the greenhouse then my parents are coming by and we're going to dinner with a telehealth in between the two. I left a message for a volunteer to see if she wanted to come Friday to start seeds at the greenhouse and she got super confused thinking the farm was closing and it would all be growing in the greenhouse, hopefully I straightened it out when she texted but it would've been easier to talk about it. Have a great Friday!

No Zero Days
    did full workout and extra weights
    ate under calories and healthy food (did my rainbow)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 156.3
    CW: 155.4

@sleepygirl79 Welcome to the group 🙂 I love your username, lol....

@Cornanda I love your new buddy, I just want to hug him? her?

@AmbersWay Mmmmm, zucchini lasagna sounds so good.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly sinus problems really suck. I hope you feel better soon.

@trooworld I'm gonna have to try that low carb mcgriddle.

Hey y'all!

I had a loss 2 wks in a row, yay me "happy dance" 💃🏼💃🏼 I downloaded an app called "fiton" but, I think I'm gonna delete my account. There's tons of exercises on it but unless you "go pro" you are very limited on what you can do. I can't even cast it onto my t.v. unless I pay for it. Irritating because I've spent a lot of time trying to figure things out on it. Well, I just needed that little vent.

I have been setting my alarm and setting the coffeemaker and I have managed to get up earlier 2 days in a row. Lol.... I may have called Alexa a couple names this morning but "shshshsh". Lol, I am just not a good morning person.

I have been struggling in the evening. I just want sweets, sugar, sweets and more sugar. I know the things to do, I would be the first to "preach" it, but practicing what you preach is entirely another story.

I had a really good workout today, I ate good and I drank all my water. All in all it was a good day.
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @micaroo4 I hope your back is feeling better. I can only imagine the calories burned from shoveling. I think I need some snow.

@trooworld thanks for the get well wishes. She had a rough night looks much better this morning. I really like the no zeros, mine keep changing or I keep adding more. I really hope this year is for me to move past trauma I had, work on my health and just live. Something I feel I didn’t do for almost 6 years.

Sorry you had an anxiety attack. I really hope you’re feeling better now. Well done on not grabbing food at that moment. I have been there and it’s a hard cycle to break.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love recipes. Congrats on getting your water in.

@vegan4lyfe2012 really my dogs are my merry band of misfits, the circus that never ends, the joy of everyones life. 3 rescues (2 came extremely malnourished and one was abused) and now they are thriving and striving. Striving to keep my eyes rolling and smh daily.

No you are not going to want those clothes but if you have something of value or you are attached to, consider getting it tailored to your new size. I wish I had done that for some of my dresses.

@Katmary71 I’m glad my husband has joined me and for once I am losing faster then him. I swear cutting the “bad”carbs makes a huge difference. I still have my chocolate turtle/s daily and fit it in my calories and it takes the edge off. It’s great that Bill isn’t a bad influence, its a blessing to have someone who understands the process. I’m really considering to toss seeds in the compost area and see how it goes. 😂 because the surprise watermelon was amazing.

I hope your feeling better. I read your post and feel the words. I know how it feels to go through that (in my own health journey) and come out the other side with a good mood and be back on track. Sending hugs! May I ask what a telehealth is? I hope you had a nice dinner with your parents. Way to go on the no zeros. The rainbow is nice!

@DrewsAnna congratulations on the loss!!!

Sorry about the app not working out. Thats annoying!

I like something sweet after lunch, so I keep a mini chocolate or something individually wrapped available and that helps. I have a treat without going overboard.

💐Have a lovely day everyone💐

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I did a lot more exercise this week but also ate more. Back to my usual plan next week.

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:240.3
    CW:243.6
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 238
    CW: 238
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 163.1
    CW: 162.8

• trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 225.4
    LTD: 22.6
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Good plan. Is that issue only when you eat out? If so, can you get a to-go container when they bring your food and put half of your meal in the container right away? Thanks, yesterday was much better! <3 I'm glad Hunter's visit went well. Which Healthi plan are you on? Last week I switched from Carb Conscious to Better Balance but I ended the week with -87 bites, so I may switch back lol. Food waste--- yeah, we have that problem too. What we've been doing lately is at the end of the week, we take any produce we didn't eat and cut it up and roast it and then eat it throughout the next week. Yay for your NSV!!! That's awesome!

@Katmary71 Oh good to know! I didn't even know I was supposed to take that off. At what point should I take it off? I find that Sam's Club is less busy, at least in our area. Yeah those Groupon deals are what initially got me to join. Last year, I let my membership lapse and had my husband sign up under the deal. When that expires, I will try to sign up under my own name with the deal. Thanks, I'm trying with the water! I'm sorry about the flare-up. I'm sure the library has plenty of seeds, don't worry! Extra weights, wow, great job! Happy Friday!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Yeah, I love that McGriddle, I put a vegetarian sausage in it instead of pork sausage (just because I like them and to save cals). That's great you've had 2 losses in a row, go you! Too bad about "Fiton". And yay for getting up earlier 2 days in a row! I get it about practicing what you preach, good luck! You had a great day.

@AmbersWay I'm glad she looks better today. Yeah, I like the no zeros, too. It is motivating to see them, huh? Thanks, I do feel better. I just had to get out of my head. Thanks for your support! <3

@davidji82 You have been consistent for a long time. No worries about a gain this week, You've got this!

@Ftofit Congrats on the loss!

Hi all! Happy Friday. I lost 2.8 lbs this week, yay! I did a lot of hard work for those 2.8 lbs so I would have been disappointed if I didn't lose or had a gain lol. I'm feeling much better since my anxiety attack on Weds. Working at home makes it easy to ratchet my anxiety down, if I am feeling bad, I can just put on a movie in the background while I work.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I did a strength training workout, threw away my husband's chips when I realized they were becoming a problem for me, drank 101.4 oz water, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ....You have a returning member coming your way ... Please welcome @Brigit42 (use to be raquelfit2)
This discussion has been closed.