Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 172
    Current weight - 173.6

Gained but I know it was because of the alchohol Friday, zero water and drinking soda Saturday, not logging food intake for 3 days.

Yesterday I only ate twice and was craving something sweet but I resisted for weigh in lol I should have just eaten something. I also said that I hit my water goal and logged everything bc I had very intention of posting last night and jumping off of here to log to my diary and chug the last of my water BUT my mom walked in and asked me to help her with something that completely distracted me. Back to it 100% today! 😉
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ack I still never weighed in for last week.
    Hi, is it ok if you take me out of the challenge? I loved being in this challenge and I dropped about 10 lb in total, but now my goals have changed and I really don’t need to lose any more weight and am actually just putting on muscle and reconditioning. I am so grateful for all the support and the fun I’ve had each month, getting to know some of you really well. Thank you for all your encouragement and inspiration. As I’m no longer trying to lose weight, and I’m not able to keep up and read others’ posts anymore, I just don’t see any mutually beneficial reason for me to continue.
    But thank you all again, I appreciate you so much and wish you all the very best! Thank you for helping me reach 134 lb and put on some muscle in the process, and keep my eating habits in check more often than not.

Sorry this is very rambly but I just had to do this when I could and didn’t have time to proofread my post.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – You’re welcome! I’m super excited to get a post card with a picture of your area! I hope your headache is gone. Hugs again.
    @megnolia82 – Nice job with the fitness challenge – Snaps for No Zero Days for you! Wish I had a meditation recommendation for you. Unfortunately, the one I really liked was on Weight Watchers back when I was using that app. Couldn’t find anything close to it later. Loved the man’s voice and pacing.
    @Katmary71 – You’re welcome, too! I love making cards and I appreciate that everyone that accepted my invitation didn’t think it was weird when I first mentioned it (because of having to give addresses). And not sure about the asparagus calories…I just know they are a freebie on my Bites program :) Good luck with the cats!
    @sleon225 – Awesome attitude about the teensy tiny gain! Looks like you’re doing a lot of good stuff!
    @Brigit42 – Fun getting new crafty stuff, but sad they are going out of business. What did you get? And I’m not really organized in the kitchen. Just finally got motivated :smiley:
    @trooworld – Thanks :) And you can have a cup of tea any time you please! I have most of my ingredients prepped for the No-fu Love Loaf. I’ll try to remember to take some pics this evening when I make it. I’m sure it’s going to be good because I’ve made recipes of Dreena’s before (I think I have one of her cookbooks, too). I hope your tummy troubles are gone by now.
    After making/prepping food last night, I settled down on the couch and figured out all of my food for today minus whatever snack I have this evening. Planning Planning Planning. That is what I simply MUST do to be successful. No more winging it. Added that to my 2023 mantra. I put today’s food in containers that I could just grab in the morning since I am horrible about getting up at a decent time before leaving for work. I had oatmeal for breakfast (used Chai this time…didn’t care for it and had to add a tablespoon of brown sugar to make it palatable), tabbouli with beans and a drizzle of tahini for lunch (seriously filled me up!), salad for my afternoon snack and a banana to eat after PT when I’m driving home. Dinner is already planned – roasted poblanos with bulgur, beans and scorched corn topped with a little guac salsa and fresh lime juice. Still leaves me with plenty of “bites” for a bedtime snack…I’m thinking jam and PB2 on rice cakes with a pot of decaf tea :) Scrumdiddlyumptious!
    No Zero Days logging for 2/5:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 to all those that made the leader board this week 🎉

@micaroo4 Congrats on this weeks weight loss

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on your loss this week

@Cornanda Ive been making lists of things too and need to go over it more to make changes. Let me know how yours goes.

@trooworld yay for the new phone. That water drinking of yours 👏🏻. Im so bad at logging mine. Just getting to the post of you not feeling well, so sorry. I hope today is better.

@19shmoo69 Im just catching up but I would call that pasta day just a day and move on. It’s part of the process and each break in the plan is a lesson. You can keep going and will do amazing.

@txcritter69 you’re right about not checking in, I’m so behind. 😂 congrats on your loss!

@gemwolf110 congrats on the loss this week.

@Katmary71 Im so happy your neighbor is getting out and about. You’ve been busy busy. Have fun cat sitting, some new life to the house. I hope you’re feeling better today.

@bethanie0825 Have you tried a higher protein/veg diet and eliminate the carbs/sugar? It helped me a lot. With PCOS the weight loves to hold on.

@laurelfit57 congrats on your loss this week.

@megnolia82 congrats on your loss this week.

@vegan4lyfe2012 congrats on your loss. You’re doing amazing!

@shaunarlr83 aww migraines are horrible. Way to go on the 2 miles. Its crazy how we can recognize how some changes in diet affect us so quickly, it’s also a blessing to be aware.

@JenAWhite congrats on the loss this week.

@Brigit42 thank you! You’re right, every loss counts. Thankfully, it didn’t get me down. I’m on a mission to just keep going.

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thanks - I actually was quite busy this afternoon so sailed through my problem time. Still had a couple of hiccups but planning to get up and exercise again tomorrow morning. Hope your day was good today 😊.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin if I remember right, you can still be in the group but be more of a cheerleader.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Brigit42 Thank you!

@shaunarlr83 Sorry about the gain but it sounds like you know what you have to do to turn it around.

@happysquidmuffin Thanks for being part of the team and congrats on reaching your goal! @19shmoo69 is right, if you wanted to be a cheerleader and visit on occasion you could. But it sounds like you wouldn't have time for that. For now, @BroncoBuddee, please remove her from our team.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good luck with teh No-Fu Love Loaf. I hope it turns out well. Thanks, my tummy troubles are better! That's too bad about the chai oatmeal. I hate when things are barely palatable. Sounds like you are eating really healthily. Great job with your no zeros!

@Tamevv Great job with the exercise and water. How'd you do?

@gemwolf110 How was your first week of classes? Congrats again on the job offer.

@askewcr Great job!!!

@Katmary71 It's made by L'Oreal. Yes, they do splatter on the forehead lol, it can be embarrassing if you miss some splats! Thanks, tummy is better today. It sounds like you had a pretty good day, great job with your no zeros!

@AmbersWay Girl, I've fallen off the water wagon and need to get back on! Thanks, I feel better today. It IS easy to fall behind lol. Such a chatty bunch! I love it, don't get me wrong. Key lime cheesecake sounds awesome! Good job resisting it. Enjoy the new laptop and congrats on the no zeros. That's great your kids are so active.

Hi all. I am leaving for a work trip this morning. We are driving, it will take about 5 1/2 - 7 hours to get there. I am driving with my manager. I like her so it should be fun. I'll be gone a week but am taking my scale and my tablet with me so I should be able to keep up here. I woke up in the night with the beginnings of a migraine but it seems to be better now. It's a good reminder to bring my migraine medication! Have a good day.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate a healthy dinner, drank a little more water than the day before, I tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @gemwolf110 – Woot Woot!
    @askewcr – Showering blessings back onto you! So glad you said no to candy and soda and yes to water – your body is happy!
    @Katmary71 – What did you put in your oats to make them savory?
    @AmbersWay – Thank you! Isn’t it crazy how many calories can be in one slice of dessert? Nice job sampling it and then sending it on. How fun for your daughters! My dad taught me archery back in the day (late 70s/early 80s). And we’re talking old fashioned longbows, too! Hahaha A couple years ago I was with a group visiting a campground and they had targets set up for us to do some shooting. Yes, I thought I was the *poop* cause I hit that bullseye every time! People were all like, “Wow! Look at Jennifer go! Don’t get on her bad side!” (Thanks for letting me jog down memory lane!)
    @trooworld – (covering my face because I feel bad) I did not get around to making that loaf yesterday. I got sidetracked with children calling me and then doing my card making (a woman I work with requested a dozen sympathy cards…cause she likes to be stocked up). I’ll try to get to it this evening. Glad your tummy is feeling better and hope you can stave off that migraine. Have a great trip!
    @lrjogger1 - Nice loss! Have fun with your daughter!
    Well, didn’t have the rice cakes for a snack last night. Wanted popcorn instead, so had that. Then, after a couple hours of card making, I was hungry again. Should’ve taken my butt to bed. Instead, I made a couple little cheeze quesedillas. Totally forgot that I had used up the last of my “bites” with the popcorn! Glad it’s the beginning of the week with plenty of my weekly bites, so I’m still good. Next time…BED!
    This morning I decided to try Ashby’s Cinnamon Plum tea for my oatmeal. Favorite flavor so far! YUM!
    No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: ;)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :s
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: o:)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin - As a returning/now somewhat newbie, I'm so happy you decided to stay as a cheerleader! It sounds like this group helped you so much that you made it to the maintaining phase. I hope to get to that phase some day myself!!
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I loved the bullseye archery story! What a fun experience. And I am also waiting on @Katmary71 to hear how she makes oatmeal savory. I've recently discovered natural nut butters in muffins that make them savory and not sweet, that I wondered if nut butter might make oatmeal savory. I can't wait to hear.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Morning. Thanks, I did okay, but not stellar, so will try again today. Water is back on point tho so that’s a win 😊. Hope you have a fun trip. We are away this weekend too but only a 3hr drive. There is a “wooden boat festival” in Hobart we are taking the kids to.

I’ve been doing some thinking promoted by a lady at work who mentioned she has changed her exercise based on age and peri-menopause. Apparently as you age some activities become pretty useless while others work wonders for weight and health. I cant find the author she mentioned so will ask again, I’m intrigued though. She is a little older than me but I’m a firm believer that “to be forewarned is to be forearmed” 😊. Also I want to work strength into my workouts more intentionally. More on that in a few days I hope.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Love your story- made me smile 😊. I also take my son to archery once a fortnight and we use longbows. It is a great bonding time for just the two of us …. and I’ll admit to a certain boost when im noticed as well 😉.

I’m recommitting to getting back to No-Zeros so yesterday it’s that I cleaned my teeth when the kids did which meant no more food. DH likes a late dessert so I know that is going to be a challenge for me, but I have at least one strategy up my sleeve and might have a conversation with him about it when things settle (he is super stressed at work right now - which is not just an excuse I promise 😔).

Anyway off to tackle my day. Hope it’s a good one for all.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.2
    CW: 139.4

Still below my magic number of 140. I've been eating those delicious nuts. But I go outside and burn extra calories so I can have them. The yard is looking really good. Tomorrow I will go across the creek and work on the other side a bit. I've filled up the green waste can already. Today I trimmed our olive tree bush, it was a tree now it's just a big bush after it was cut down. Olives are very messy. They are like mulberry trees; the birds eat the olives and then poop black stuff all over our cars.

I might not be posting much but I am trying to keep up with everyone. The support here is amazing. Thank you.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Jen_967
    Monday
    PW: 252.4
    CW: 255

Sorry for being a day late. It’s been a crazy week. Time to get back on track and start moving in the right direction.
This discussion has been closed.