Shape Shifters Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    4g1g6j5hzkiw.jpg
    CONGRATS to those who placed this week or were in honorable mentions...WTG!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Shape Shifters had som good losses this week. We may have been edged out on the leaders board but we’ve made solid progress! Congratulations to the team leaders!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,207 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 2/3: 429
    Sat 2/4: 650

Well, I saw the sun was shining earlier and I thought perhaps I'm ready to get back at it with a long walk. Alas, it's raining now, so there goes that idea. I joined a Garmin challenge, as I normally do, to reach 300,000 steps this month. But I only got 11,361 steps in the first four days, and with only 24 days left (including today), I'll need to average around 12,000 steps a day. 🤷‍♂️
    Who doesn't love a challenge? 🤔😂
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PW: 192.9
    CW: 191.9

steps January 29- February 4
    Sunday 2075
    Monday 3530
    Tuesday 2113
    Wednesday 2901
    Thursday 3274
    Friday 4299
    Saturday 2172

@jessicakrall8 sorry for the delay. got busy this morning.

Hey @alleykat69 ...wasn't rushing you for today's...was concerned you'd missed last week's...just checking on ya! It's what I try to do, especially with someone so active in the challenges...just seemed odd. If you ever have problems posting or you try to and it doesn't show, just send me a quick message...or if you're out of town or away from your scale, like at relative's visiting, just message me and I can excuse you for that week. Thanks for the posting! FYI, last PW I had for you was 193.7 from Jan 22nd.
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8
    I sometimes forget what day it is. feel free to reach out to me if I haven't posted my weigh in or post at all. my days sometimes just run into each other. My weigh in day is Sunday morning. If I'm unable to weigh in, I'll let you know. Thank you.
    I forgot to post on the 29th of January?
    22nd 193.7
    29th 192.9
    5th 191.9

I'm losing slowly.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    @kodakslim
    @Yukie_OP
    @alleykat69

You are missing steps from January. Please check the chart and report in so I can close out the month and report our winners. Thanks!

Jessica

steps
    29th 2085
    30th 3530
    31st 2113
    1st 2901
    2nd 3274
    3rd 4290
    4th 2172

@jessicakrall8
    I believe this is the week I'm missing. since I also missed my weigh in that Sunday. If this is not the week I'm missing, please let me know.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Daily check in ~ February 5
    Steps: 17.288
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yesterday I cleaned my bedroom, washed the bedsheets and my plushie and aired out the room by having all the windows open for a while. I slowly started the next puzzle. This time I decided to go for a 1500 piece. I have never done any bigger than 1000, so I am curious to see how long it will take. Happy Monday everyone <3
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    AC204
    Sunday
    PW: 184.7
    CW: 184.2

Have a great week!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am finally feeling better and was able to go ski a couple hours yesterday. It was a beautiful day.

Steps:

2/3 8,010
    2/4 5,460
    2/5 9269

I'm still way off my normal activity, but I'm going to hold off running again until after I've finished this steroid pack Wednesday.

@Pupowl Lovely puzzle! Yes- mine is wooden and more expensive- sort of a special occasion puzzle. The brand I like is Liberty Puzzles. The prices vary depending on size. This one was only 250 pieces so it was 85 dollars, but more like 150 for a 400-500 piece puzzle. They can take a little longer because the piece shapes are complex, but I love them. So far, the dogs have only eaten a couple pieces over the years. They like the taste of cardboard puzzles better.

@Walela617 Congratulations! always exciting to go into a lower "decade"! I'm hoping to do the same for my next weigh in. Fingers crossed.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Please ignore my last message about skipping my February 11 weigh-in. I have to reschedule my trip. Thanks!
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I‘m so sorry, I didn’t get that the challenge also included Jan 29-31
    Here are my stats for the missing days:
    Jan 29: 4,733
    Jan 30: 1,770
    Jan 31: 7,730
  • zog_a_log
    zog_a_log Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in Monday
    (SW): 135.8lbs
    PW: 132.6lbs
    CW: 134lbs oh dear, too much eating out and sweet treats
    LTD: 1.8 lbs
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 my steps,I also made a mistake on my last steps I put 2/3 1,981 instead of 2/2 but it doesn't matter as the chart you filled in is correct.My excuse is that we write the date the other way round in the UK ! 🙃
    2/3 5,737
    2/4 7,096
    2/5 11,688
    @SavageMrsMoose I'm so glad you're feeling better & how lovely to ski.Ive been thinking I should get my chest looked at but it's so hard to get a doctor's appointment at the moment.
    I hope I feel OK to go for a forest walk with 3 girlfriends tomorrow.
  • brttny7979
    brttny7979 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Pretty good week. Lots of exercise, but still struggling with feeling hungry all the time (even eating a lot!). Not a lot of time today- sick husband so I’m on solo mom duty. Hope everyone has a great week

Name- brttny7979
    SW- 198
    PW- 150
    CW- 150
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    @kodakslim
    @Yukie_OP
    @alleykat69

You are missing steps from January. Please check the chart and report in so I can close out the month and report our winners. Thanks!

Jessica

steps
    29th 2085
    30th 3530
    31st 2113
    1st 2901
    2nd 3274
    3rd 4290
    4th 2172

@jessicakrall8
    I believe this is the week I'm missing. since I also missed my weigh in that Sunday. If this is not the week I'm missing, please let me know.

Hi @alleykat69 No, you're missing the last week of Jan (22nd-28th). A few of the above were a little off so I corrected those. I post a missing weigh-in list usually mid-week and again on Saturday afternoon, so please watch for those. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    nancyinmo wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Please ignore my last message about skipping my February 11 weigh-in. I have to reschedule my trip. Thanks!

@nancyinmo I removed the EXC absence. Report in that day as normal. Thanks for letting me know.
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I truly don’t know how you keep up with all the numbers posted. You’re amazing!

@Pupowl and @SavageMrsMoose - The last time I was ‘home’ in Boston, I visited my father-in-law who has dementia and now requires 24-hour care at a memory facility. I thought I’d do a puzzle with some of the residents but the paper was peeling off the cardboard on many of the puzzle pieces so we couldn’t see the images to put the picture together. I made a mental note to buy some simple but interesting ones to bring next time I visit. So, you’re exchange about the wooden puzzles was really timely for me. I found some reasonably priced ones made especially for people with dementia. The simple wooden puzzles are much cheaper than more intricate versions. I was able to order some while waiting in the doctor’s office today for my annual dermatology cancer screening.

I’m glad to felt well enough to get out and ski @SavageMrsMoose. I thought I’d make one ski trip this year but it’s looking less likely with today’s balmy weather — about 50 degrees after a very windy and chilly weekend here in northern Virginia.

I hope you can make your forest outing with friends @izzyred9400. Feel better! ❤️‍🩹

Thanks for checking in while on solo parenting duty, @brttny7979. Hope your husband is also on the mend. So many people are feeling under the weather. Glad to see @frankwbrown is feeling up to a new challenge— incredible!

@zog_a_log — No need to fret. You’re on a downward trajectory for sure. Keep up the good work!

Thinking of you all —Go Shape Shifters!

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 I hope you feel better soon and get your walk in the woods! A lingering cough stinks.

@PatriceFitnessPal glad you found some puzzles! I bought my dad a wooden cat puzzle a few years ago, but it was too difficult for him. Being the resilient person he is, he bought a few with larger pieces and now the problem is he has too many! They are great for his mind (he's about to turn 83 and has had cancer for 32 years- he's tough) but both my parents have some hoarding issues so I'm trying to encourage him to give them away when he's completed them.

@LaurieWrobo That's super scary about your husband. I'm glad he seems to be okay, but it's unsettling not having an answer. Thursday is a long time from now. ER's are so exhausting and stressful even when you aren't the patient. I hope you get some rest and things stay calm until he can see a doctor again. Will be thinking of you. Hugs
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday weigh-in, the gremlins stole
    PW: 303.2
    CW: 304.3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    You’ll get rid of that pound without a problem @jessicakrall8 – slow, steady and purposeful outwits the gremlins every time!

@LaurieWrobo - That’s an important NSV to celebrate! I’m glad the yoga helped you feel better and prevented you from binge eating during this stressful time.

I hope everyone has a good day. I appreciate all the encouragement and support of our team. Thank you, Shape Shifters!
This discussion has been closed.