Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Brigit42 Thank you!

@shaunarlr83 Sorry about the gain but it sounds like you know what you have to do to turn it around.

@happysquidmuffin Thanks for being part of the team and congrats on reaching your goal! @19shmoo69 is right, if you wanted to be a cheerleader and visit on occasion you could. But it sounds like you wouldn't have time for that. For now, @BroncoBuddee, please remove her from our team.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good luck with teh No-Fu Love Loaf. I hope it turns out well. Thanks, my tummy troubles are better! That's too bad about the chai oatmeal. I hate when things are barely palatable. Sounds like you are eating really healthily. Great job with your no zeros!

@Tamevv Great job with the exercise and water. How'd you do?

@gemwolf110 How was your first week of classes? Congrats again on the job offer.

@askewcr Great job!!!

@Katmary71 It's made by L'Oreal. Yes, they do splatter on the forehead lol, it can be embarrassing if you miss some splats! Thanks, tummy is better today. It sounds like you had a pretty good day, great job with your no zeros!

@AmbersWay Girl, I've fallen off the water wagon and need to get back on! Thanks, I feel better today. It IS easy to fall behind lol. Such a chatty bunch! I love it, don't get me wrong. Key lime cheesecake sounds awesome! Good job resisting it. Enjoy the new laptop and congrats on the no zeros. That's great your kids are so active.

Hi all. I am leaving for a work trip this morning. We are driving, it will take about 5 1/2 - 7 hours to get there. I am driving with my manager. I like her so it should be fun. I'll be gone a week but am taking my scale and my tablet with me so I should be able to keep up here. I woke up in the night with the beginnings of a migraine but it seems to be better now. It's a good reminder to bring my migraine medication! Have a good day.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Ate a healthy dinner, drank a little more water than the day before, I tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

Classes went great! Aced all assignments! Whoohoo
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @happysquiduffin We'd definitely love to have you stick around! I'm no longer logging my weight either, I think one way this group and Fat2Fit is so helpful is it has people in all stages of weight loss and maintenance so we really get to learn from each other. Hearing how you're handling maintenance will help so many other people plus you're part of the Slimpossible family and we'd miss you, please always feel welcome here.

@vegan4lyfe2012 My savory oatmeal I just put water in it and made it a little soggy so I didn't want to have it with the stir fry I'd planned so the next morning I made a veggie scramble and put it over the oatmeal (bok choy, Swiss chard, broccoli, onion) with cheese, I only put salt and pepper on the oatmeal but in the eggs I had defrosted a basil cube and put most of it in there.

I just got home from hanging out with my neighbor, wanted to do a quick check-in before going to bed. Did my workout, went to the greenhouse, stopped at the farmer's market, then my neighbor and I went out later this afternoon for the movie and a late dinner. I didn't get much sleep last night and am ready to snooze!

No Zero Days
    - half my day was healthy, I planned on having popcorn but not for going out to eat and actually did pretty well for going out for Mexican food, now i have half a burrito, beans, and rice for tomorrow though.
    - Did arms and abs, stretching, then a few hours at the greenhouse.
    - Did deep breathing
    - water was good, snuck some into the movies too
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options

@lrjogger1 congrats on the loss! Enjoy the time with your daughter. Great job!

@vegan4lyfe2012 there's always another day! You sound busy, good luck with the cards, I know they will be beautiful! Great job with your no zeros!

@broncobuddee please move@happysquidmuffin to the cheerleader section! I'm glad you are staying with us, @happysquidmuffin!

@Tamevv that's great that water was good. I hope today is even better for you. Enjoy the boat festival, that sounds interesting! That was a good no zero you had.

@FushiaKat great maintenance weigh in! Sounds like you've been keeping busy.

@gemwolf110 that's great!

@Katmary71 great job with your no zeros!

Hi all. I made it to the destination for my work trip. I now have a full blown migraine. I took some medication so hopefully it will help. I'm already ready to go home lol!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: i drank enough water.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

• Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I got some ribbons for next years Christmas tree. I like to switch up the decorations a little bit every year so it has a different flavor. I was thinking of getting a sewing machine since they were 50% off but I know I wouldn't use it. I like the idea of making my own clothes but I don't have the interest in sewing.

@FushiaKat - Sounds like your having fun working in the garden!

I'm doing good in eating heathy, food journaling and keeping to 1500 calories. Not doing well with exercising. When the spring comes I'll be working in the garden for five hours a day but in the cold weather I just want to get under the covers and take a nap. LOL
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Yes, @Tamevv - do share when you find out.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @JenAWhite – Thanks! And I just have to mention that my last name starts with an A…so I’m a JenA, too! Hahaha Never even crossed my mind! Probably because I always go by Jennifer…but still… Hmmm…nut butter in oatmeal. Yeah. I can see (taste) that!
    @Tamevv – Hobart Indiana? I’m just a little farther north of there – close to the St. Joseph area, if you’re familiar with the SW corner of Michigan :) How fun that you shoot, too! And a suggestion for late night dessert cravings, if you like tea. There’s a lot of dessert teas that can take the edge off. Just an idea.
    @FushiaKat – Woot Woot for staying below your magic number! And dang to those nasty birds! Hope you have a monthly unlimited membership at a local car wash!
    @Jen_967 – You’ve got this!
    @gemwolf110 – Woo Hoo!
    @Katmary71 – Gotcha! So you’re basically treating oatmeal like any other grain. Nice! And good job on only eating half your Mexican at the restaurant.
    @sleepygirl79 – Hang in there! Good job with making better evening decisions.
    @trooworld – I am so sorry about the migraine. How awful, especially when you aren’t in the comfort of your own home. I made the No-Fu Love Loaf today (picture below) o:)
    @Brigit42 – Fun! What color(s)? Do you have a theme picked out?
    Alright, y’all! I got a roll of vegan “toona” and followed Hunter’s recipe and made some lemon pepper toona…OMGoodness! So yummy on my salad! Dressed it with Scarborough Fare EVOO and 25 Year Aged Balsamic <3
    ccbcaa8yl5gf.jpg
    In the meantime, I finally made the No-Fu Love Loaf recipe that @trooworld gave me. Haven’t tasted it yet, tho, because I plan on taking it to my mom’s for dinner this evening. We’ll have it with some taters and mushroom gravy and whatever veggie I can find at her place (most likely canned, but that’s ok). Looks scrumdiddlyumptious!
    ow1h0a9gp9t6.jpg
    I hope everyone has a good hump day! Drink your water and eat your veggies!
    No Zero Days logging for 2/7:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh/measure all food: :)
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES and Planning = Success!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no having a migraine on a work trip sounds terrible, I hope the medication kicks in fast. Talk about a time when you'd really want your own bed!

@Brigit42 Definitely can understand the exercise part and the cold being an issue, I'm starting to think I'm good at being healthy aside of winter. I feel a little better now that the food bank farm stuff is picking up as December and January all I wanted to do was stay in bed as well.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Do you recommend anything different for savory oatmeal than treating it like another grain? I figured that's what a lot of the recipes I read did. I think I just prefer it sweet, I didn't think I'd like overnight ones and did so I figured it was worth a try but don't know if I'd do it again. Your salad and loaf look amazing!

Wow it is quiet here tonight, you're right @vegan4lyfe2012 ! I got up early then worked out and got ready to go for my blood pressure management education class which I really didn't want to go to. It's about 10 miles from here, I got there and tried to relax (driving through the towns with all the lights is hard with my nerve pain in my legs) go in and the person who scheduled it did so in an office 15 miles from there, it was 5 minutes until my appointment when she realized I was at the wrong place (I told the woman it had to be the one near me because I can't drive far). She said I could go and maybe they'd let me in late but I think the whole thing is dumb anyway plus I wouldn't be able to get home so I said I was done and not doing it. Sure you have 5 minutes to go 15 miles and they may not accept you if you're late, that's great for people with blood pressure problems, haha! I stopped at the store and came home. I'm going to lay down and read for a couple hours before bed, have a great Thursday everyone!

No Zeros
    Ate fairly healthy and under calories
    Drank a good amount of water
    Worked out and had a good one!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Lol @vegan4lyfe2012 @Katmary71 - it IS weirdly quiet here. When I logged on and saw only 3 new posts, I was like WHAT?!

@trooworld - hope you are feeling better- driving for hours with a migraine on a work trip sounds awful.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Your foods look very yummy! I looovvveee meatloaf!

@Katmary71 - if there were a way to NOT do a BP class- they did all of it. Glad you said no.

I tracked my whole day yesterday for the first time. I was able to choose a different afternoon snack to come in under. I stepped and took two short walks. My little Gus has no leash manners- Hubs is teaching him. I can't wait until we can take walks together- he is gonna love it!

Lisa

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 135.5
    CW: 134.7
    Love all the chatter here lately- it’s mobilizing and the energy is contagious!
    Good luck to all!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Greetings Everyone! It's a brand new day! Let us clap our hands! Celebrate this day! We made the wake up list so we are blessed! o:)

I think moving more has helped my attitude and awareness. I'm still tutoring the "Sweet Potatoes" in reading. They put a smile on my face on a daily basis. I started taking an African Drumming Class and it is like therapy for me. I had my second class last night and it was a blast. There is so much to learn and the instructor is wonderful.

I have four more Black History Month events this month where I will be the featured Storyteller. I plan to incorporate some of my "drumming" in each and am excited.

Well it's off to one of our elementary schools to tutor in one of the classes. This is a joy for me because I get a chance to be in the schools but not full time teaching. It's good to see old friends.

I went back to the gym last week but I think I aggravated my knees. They've been hurting so I haven't gone back this week. I do plan to go back but to cut my workout time/activity in half. :*

Have an awesome day everyone! Let's go get it!! B)

No Zero Days logging
    1. Still no sodas
    2. Nuts for snacks instead of sugar snacks
    3. Made chicken salad for lunch instead of going out and getting a burger (Hubby enjoyed it too)
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WoW people posting yummy looking food is making my mouth water. I may try that recipe. This week has been both hectic and good. I’m on track so far with all my goals especially the no snacking so it’s a good day today. Just hoping we don’t get the freezing rain they r calling for. This Saturday is our anniversary and we are going out shopping then nice dinner out. Thank goodness I weigh in Saturday morning lol. Well I hope everyone has a great day.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Friday WI:

PW: 74.3
    CW: 76

I knew it would be a gain, but wasn’t expecting quite so much - apologies to the team for such a jump 😔

I’m away this weekend but can hope next week will be better. Exercise has at least started and water is good now, so if I can just get the evening munchies under control things should settle down.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just a quick checkin. It hasn’t been a good week. I think my newest C. difficile treatment has been working but I’ve picked up a respiratory virus so I’m doing pretty poorly. Sigh. Just one thing on top of another. A blessing is that there is now some medicine on the shelves. We’ve had a shortage for the past couple months and it was impossible to find any sort of cough or cold relief.

Eating habits: I’ve tried to expand a little bit to help boost my immune system but my gut is protesting so it’s still pretty much rice. I had some egg today.

Anyway, I’ll be back to myself eventually. In the meantime, good luck everyone! Talk soon.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Cornanda Great job on tracking your day Lisa, woot woot! I'm so happy you did that! Sounds like a great way all the way around.

@GabiV125 I agree with you, all the excitement here and genuinely wanting the best for each other is wonderful.

@askewcr Oh that drumming class sounds amazing, how fun! I think your events will be exciting having that in there as well (I'm sure you're a great teacher with your wonderful energy). Have fun at school and be careful with those knees.

@tammymccrady6278 So glad you're on track, that's wonderful! I hope it isn't bad weather for you as well, happy anniversary!

@Tamevv Glad you have water and exercise in line, good luck tonight!

@megnolia82 Oh no you're really getting hit! I'm glad you were able to get medicine at least. I feel for you with your gut protesting, going through antibiotics especially hard ones on top of being sick takes awhile to get things back to normal.

Hi team, hope you all had a great Thursday! I had a great workout, this doing abs every day is inspiring me to step up my strength workouts as well which is wonderful. I picked up and took cards to about 6 different residential treatment homes and it didn't take long at all so I've been back here resting from the driving around. Food exercise and water are good so definitely a NO ZERO DAY! Have a wonderful Friday! I'm going to be by myself at the greenhouse tomorrow after the manager drops off the plans. Oh and I've been sleeping better thank goodness, Jasper sat on me when I was reading last night so I tried to sleep sitting up at first but had to move, I love when both cats are on the bed with me.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 Congratulations on your loss!

@DrewsAnna big big hugs! Vent away, we all need to have a release. We’re on a journey together, we learn from each other, and hopefully help each other. I will encourage you to meal prep, even if it’s just making a double batch of your own food, so you freeze half. That helps when you’re too tired to make 2 different meals. You’ll have something to fall back on. If anything, snack prep. Prepack low calorie (or whatever your plan is) snacks so you can grab one of those instead of a quick meal that doesn’t benefit you. That’s what I am trying to do. My snack lately is my my thin kallo corn cakes (like rice cakes) with a tsp of cream cheese and everything bagel seasoning. The cream cheese is enough to make the season stick. Its full of flavor with minimal calories. I count out my corn chips and have some spinach dip. This is when I am having those munchies moments. Then I drink a bottle of water. It has helped take the edge off to get me to my next meal. Just sharing some of my ideas, hope it helps.

Your grand and chipper are adorable!

@Katmary71 Great job on your no zero day! How nice that you got the cards delivered. Enjoy the greenhouse time. Jasper is a cute name, your own lil hearing system. I miss having cats. My dogs (Queenie, Puppy and Princess) aren’t car friendly. Well Puppy is but she’s outnumbered. She’s actually fostered kittens. Sorry, your bp class didn’t work out. Shame on them.

@megnolia82 sending well wishes. Have you tried baked potato? We have them on our tummy issue menu. Glad you were able to find some medicine.

@Tamevv it happens, just stay on plan and you will see the rewards. ❤️

@tammymccrady6278 Happy Anniversary and enjoy every moment.

@askewcr the drumming class sounds like so much fun. I bought a duff this summer in Istanbul at the Grand bazaar. I played with it some and I’m pretty sure I annoyed my neighbors as much as they have annoyed me with their music. 😂

@GabiV125 congrats on the loss.

@Cornada Gus will be a blast to walk with. My son walks our girls, I should go with them.

@vegan4lyfe that lentil loaf dinner looks amazing.

@trooworld I hope your migraine passed easily and you’re trip has gone well.

I think I’m caught up ⬆️

It’s been a week of ups and downs here. My health has its days where it just gives up. So I just did my best to stay within calories and rest. I’m determined this coming week will be great. I received a new exercise mat, it’s thick so I hope I don’t feel pain from the hard floors. I hope to do some good stretching and light exercises. Got a comfy chair too to try some of those.

I’m considering to make some healthy broth to bring it into my plan to use as a snack.

Went to buy a new laptop but walked out empty handed. It was overwhelming! Anyone have any suggestions? I will use it for writing, some crafting/sewing sites, MFP, and excel.

• askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Greetings All!

It's Friday!! Yay!!

My 86 year old friend and I are having a little "Valentine's Day Party" for my two nieces whom I call the Sweet Potatoes! We're going to have pizza, fruit, nuts and candy. I am making up in my mind that I will be good. The girls don't know and will not know until I surprise them and pick them up from school today. We will play games such as Uno, Twister, and I will take their bicycles and let them ride. My friend and I are super excited!

My sugar dropped yesterday while I was out so I ate cookies and an almond joy. It was bad so I had to get some relief quickly. That broke my roll of no candy and junk but I am not depressed about it. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone and let's go get it!! B)

No Zero Day: All water and no sodas yesterday! :p
This discussion has been closed.