Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - You get right back up, dust yourself off and get going again. You've already got a good start.

@shaunarlr1983 - :( about the funk. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope you can start work soon. Be really kind to yourself as you get settled in.

@JenAWhite - Greendale for me- not too far away. I've been in FL for 14 years now and I do NOT miss the snow! Oooh, I'd love to see your Goldendoodle. I have faith you can get a pic on here, if I can do it. Gus was my husband's high school nickname..... :)

@sleepygirl79- Glad your cupid butt got saved! I agree with you, it's pretty hard to hit my calorie goal that MFP set. I know I can adjust it. Not sure what I want to do about that yet.

@Brigit42 - Chocolate is definitely a big temptation for me too.

@Katmary71 - oh he knows how to get plenty of treats and also tons of belly rubs. :) And I hope that your eyeballs are unbroken.

@19shmoo69 - Love the Korean stories and your grandson's name!

@FushiaKat - That is a good trade off- yard work for nuts! Do you think you would have been able to do this yard work before the weight loss? You are killing it in maintenance, just like you did while losing.

@AmbersWay - You are doing so great with your exercise! Keep up the good work! And yes, it does get worse before it gets better- you sort of have to make a big mess to get all the sorting done.

@trooworld - glad you are back and will get some extra rest time this week.

A little Gus story- He came to us with his favorite stuffed animal. It is people sized, and he only weighs 14 pounds, so it's pretty big for him. It must be in his crate, because he sleeps on it. He also pulls it out and attacks it at times. It seems to be a love/hate relationship?

Not much new here. Trying to turn over a new leaf- set a few goals, tracking regularly, etc. Did GREAT on Monday. Blew it on Tuesday. Today is going OK. Stay tuned!

Lisa

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I have not been able to do any yard work for a few years. We finally got my RA medication changed and it's working really well. Losing the weight has helped a lot. I find I can move easier now; bending is not a problem anymore. I can see my feet, and last week I noticed that my toes no longer touch. My shoes all feel too big for me. So even our feet get skinny too. I'm enjoying the yard work, it's hard work and today I only managed to trim two oleander bushes. They are really tall over 10 feet. We use them for privacy. Today I noticed that the guava tree I planted years ago is still there, but it hasn't grown any. It should have been really big by now. I love guavas. Maybe trimming back, the Oleanders so it can get more sunlight will help it to grow.

I'm still trying to get homeowners insurance, what a hassle. Ours ends in April because the company we use no longer wants to do business in our area.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @AmbersWay I get the stair excitement, those things are awful when you're in bad physical shape. I'm so happy you can use them again! I'm in 9B growing zone so most perennial herbs can overwinter, I will get basil going soon though. I've learned the hard way stevia which is a pain to start can't handle our winters. The meal prep sounds good!

@trooworld Yes the machines are pretty expensive! The nurse I went to tried it on both sides of me and one side made it worse but the other helped which was a little weird. I hope the extra pounds come off fast and your husband is feeling better soon.

@Cornanda You've been doing awesome lately, keep up the great work! Hm wonder what Gus's story is with the stuffed animal, sounds like he likes it for the most part and it's his new favorite toy.

@FushiaKat I'm glad your medication change went well and you're moving easier, that's great news! OK your feet really do get smaller, I remember when I got close to 100lbs down all my shoes were lose and being confused because I'd never heard of that. Shoes and purses are supposed to be safe areas, wth! I'm sorry to hear about the insurance company, that sounds very frustrating, hope something comes through soon.

Hi team, hope you all had a great Wednesday! I did my workout then got some stuff done around the house then had a meeting tonight. I prepped dinner so it would be ready after my meeting for us to make and Bill decided to take a nap instead so I made it by myself, it came out pretty good (Bill and I aren't talking now though). The meeting went well, I have a board meeting tomorrow and we'll have to make some decisions about what we're doing for Big Day of Service which is a day people get together to do projects in the community. Let's have an awesome Thursday!

No Zeros
    Ate healthy and under calories
    Great workout
    Good water
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ate kinda crappy today due to time constraints. Tried a beginner yoga tonight online for the 1st time ever. Wow! I didn’t think it would be such a workout. Felt good to get a good stretch. Hope to get eating back on track soon.
  • Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    GabiV125 wrote: »
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 134.7
    CW: 134.2

Speaking of pets, I made an appointment for mine to get his nails trimmed and get a bath this week, because he was reeking, seriously. I I didn’t pay attention to the fact that was Valentine’s Day, but I should have. The good groomers were on dates and the ones working were probably employed for 10 minutes. I told them about 5 times that is a sweet dog, just very wiggly. Soooo. At one point the dog was over one guy’s shoulder, legs sticking up, twisting and moving wildly, the other guy was in front ready to catch the dog while he was attached by his neck to that pole. I was there so they couldn’t scream but there was a lot of sweating.
    I didn’t laugh although I wanted to, so no-zero?
    Here’s the hero:
    Have a good week everyone!vwb264cy6wv7.jpeg

Love your dog! I wish you would have taken a video of his bath. I bet it was hilarious.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thanks! That is so cute about Gus! Thanks for sharing. Daisy has a favorite stuffed animal, it's one of those lambs. Keep fighting the good fight, Lisa!

@Katmary71 That is weird. Thanks, I'm .8 lbs lighter today, so heading in the right direction! :D Hubby still sick. I'm sorry about the fight with Bill. I hope you guys can work it out. Good no zero day wins!

@sleepygirl79 I love yoga, it does feel good to stretch.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! What a cute pupper! I'm glad the nail ordeal worked out. When we take Daisy, it's a mess she is so bad lol.

Hi all. I was so busy at work yesterday but I am working from home the rest of the week, so that's good. I can't tell you how happy I am to be back eating my own home-cooked meals. I look forward to going to the grocery store on Saturday and getting healthy groceries. I'm going this morning for a few things, but not the full amount. I have lost 0.8 lbs since yesterday and hope more of the gain comes off by tomorrow.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I drank more water than the day before.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My No-Zero Day Win today - I finally went to read the No-Zero day explanation at the beginning of Feb. Team post! I couldn't figure out what you were all talking about. So I traveled to work through the adventurous snow storm that is supposed to dump 8 inches of snow when all finished today, (all schools closed), and sat with my coffee and read this awesome post. Now I get what several of you are talking about. https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 your pup is sooo cute! If I was closer, I’d be coming for some snuggles.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - that is such great news about your med. And even your toes are skinny now- Wow! I bet it feels good to be outside getting your yard pretty- it does my soul a lot of good when I spend time outdoors.

@katmary71- Sorry to hear that you and Bill are not talking..... :(

@sleepygirl79- keep me posted on how you like yoga- i'm thinking of adding some to my routine.

@GabiV125 - Oh my goodness, that sounds like quite the experience. No wonder your pooch is tired. He's adorable.

@trooworld - yay for healthy groceries. And I hope your weight keeps dropping.

@JenAWhite - glad you made it to work safely and enjoyed the no zero post!

Not much new here today!

Lisa

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @Brigit42, @sleepygirl79 , @Cornanda, thank you.
    He’s sweet , very cuddly and super tolerant of everything except having his paws handled by strangers . Must be the pug in him @trooworld , right?
    Long, cold and rainy days here, sorry for changing the course of the talks for a moment.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 Yoga can be really hard, it's definitely a great workout. What instructor was it, was it YouTube?

@GabiV125 Your dog is beautiful, glad he's no longer stinky and trimmed, sounds like he gave everyone a workout!

@trooworld Glad you're back home and losing the extra weight, I hope more comes off too! Have fun shopping, I love stocking the fridge with healthy stuff.

@JenAWhite That's the ultimate No Zero day reading about No Zeros, haha! Wow be careful with the weather there and stay warm!

Hi team! Hope everyone had a great Thursday. I'm worn out, have a terrific Friday!

No Zero Days
    -ate healthy and under calories
    -great workout (cardio, abs and upper body, stretching)
    -great water
  • trooworld
    Options
    @JenAWhite Oh I'm so sorry! I am going to post it at the beginning of every month for those that don't know what we are talking about. So, if anyone ever needs to re-read it, just go to the beginning of the month. Good luck with your travels, and be safe!!!

@Cornanda Thanks. It did drop a bit but is still up a little from last week.

@GabiV125 YES indeed! LOL My pug doesn't like getting her nails done and I think it takes two groomers to do it lol. I hope your weather improves. I'm such a wimp when it comes to weather, I'm complaining that it is 43F outside here but then again, we don't have a heater. I do have an electric wrap that I put around me while I am working.

@Katmary71 Thank you! A little more came off but not enough. :/ Great no zeros, Kat.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Hey, every once in a while, pizza can happen. You had it and STILL lost, that's proof! ;) Your choices are amazing sounding.

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@Ftofit I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hi all. I'm making my way back to a healthy life. I ate pretty well yesterday. I did have a slight gain from the previous week but I am determined more of it will come off. I'm making Black Pepper Beef (a stir-fry) tonight. I will try to "healthify" it as best as I can: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/black-pepper-beef/

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked 75% of what I ate yesterday, I had a healthy breakfast, and I had salad for dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I don't know who else besides me needs to see this but here it is...(pretend the hill is going down lol)

1ye7tx1tibqp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.