2/19- 12,343

Water✔️
    Calories❌ - didn't log Sunday
    Exercise✔️
  • justlog2day
    justlog2day Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan, here is this week's weigh in info.

Would it be possible to change my weigh in day from Monday to Friday going forward? If so, I'll post my updated number this Friday as well.

Weigh-in Day: Monday
    PW: 145. lbs
    CW: 144.2 lbs

I will have you moved. Nice loss!

Thank you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    We have I think a returning member ... Please welcome back @Beverly2Hansen :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have 2 more new members joining our team ....Please welcome @itladyee and @MyChoiceisaGoodLife :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another new member joining our team ...Please welcome @adianeschu :)
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

aactuallyaash
    2/12 -5625
    2/18-4214

Thanks!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Road trip was great. We drove down to White Sands National Park. We had not been in about 15+ years.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 not sure when I last posted my steps:
    2/12 8132
    2/13 10186
    2/14 8212
    2/15 9503
    2/16 6961
    2/17 4947
    2/18 11987
    2/19 5678
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Road trip was great. We drove down to White Sands National Park. We had not been in about 15+ years.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 not sure when I last posted my steps:
    2/12 8132
    2/13 10186
    2/14 8212
    2/15 9503
    2/16 6961
    2/17 4947
    2/18 11987
    2/19 5678

You are all caught up ..Thanks for posting your steps :)
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    Hey everyone! My name is Taylor and I'm 23 years old. I am from Florida, and I love it here! SOme of my hobbies include: Gaming, 360 Photography, Cricut crafting (vinyl t-shirts,etc), Walking/Swimming, Making music playlists on Spotify, etc.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    A few different things have pushed me to start this journey. I believe my body is the temple of Christ and I want to treat it as such. I'm tired of my knees hurting especially at my age. I want to look in the mirror and feel confident. I don't want to feel ashamed of how I look anymore. I want to take care of my body and live life with my best foot forward in everything I do!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Hmm... I would definitely say my triggers are emotional eating and just hating to cook. I literally cannot cook to save my life and it almost always causes me to choose to eat out or some horrible microwave dinner instead. I'm trying to learn how to make easy meals on dish at a time. It's definitely a learning process!

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I have found the most health benefits while eating whole foods plant-based but as of right now I really don't want to put myself in a box. I am still eating meats, seafoods, etc. I am currently just focusing on CICO (calories in - calories out) and going from there. Gotta start somewhere.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    Definitely swimming, walking, dancing, skating, and playing soccer when I get the chance.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    My goals are to hopefully get down to 190-185IBS by the time of my college graduation in May. I would like to be able to cook some good and easy healthy meals and some reliable workouts that I can do that are efficient as well.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I would love to gain motivation, encouragement, and partnership! What I receive, I would like to give back to someone else! Contrary to what we like to believe, I think it's so hard to do this by ourselves. It's not impossible of course, but having people to keep us accountable is so challenging and fun all at once!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    Persistence. You mess up one meal? Pick it right back up during the next meal. You miss a day of exercise? Be kind to yourself and take a rest. At the end of the day, just don't give up. Don't let the naysayers win. You can do this!! Persistence is key in almost all aspects of our lives. Lastly, create the most amazing workout music playlist you can think of. Stay motivated and remember why you're doing what you're doing! Music is life changing.

P.S. My start weight was 218IBS. My current weight is now 198.4IBS. So excited!!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    Hey everyone! My name is Taylor and I'm 23 years old. I am from Florida, and I love it here! SOme of my hobbies include: Gaming, 360 Photography, Cricut crafting (vinyl t-shirts,etc), Walking/Swimming, Making music playlists on Spotify, etc.

A few different things have pushed me to start this journey. I believe my body is the temple of Christ and I want to treat it as such. I'm tired of my knees hurting especially at my age. I want to look in the mirror and feel confident. I don't want to feel ashamed of how I look anymore. I want to take care of my body and live life with my best foot forward in everything I do!

Hmm... I would definitely say my triggers are emotional eating and just hating to cook. I literally cannot cook to save my life and it almost always causes me to choose to eat out or some horrible microwave dinner instead. I'm trying to learn how to make easy meals on dish at a time. It's definitely a learning process!

I have found the most health benefits while eating whole foods plant-based but as of right now I really don't want to put myself in a box. I am still eating meats, seafoods, etc. I am currently just focusing on CICO (calories in - calories out) and going from there. Gotta start somewhere.

Definitely swimming, walking, dancing, skating, and playing soccer when I get the chance.

My goals are to hopefully get down to 190-185IBS by the time of my college graduation in May. I would like to be able to cook some good and easy healthy meals and some reliable workouts that I can do that are efficient as well.

I would love to gain motivation, encouragement, and partnership! What I receive, I would like to give back to someone else! Contrary to what we like to believe, I think it's so hard to do this by ourselves. It's not impossible of course, but having people to keep us accountable is so challenging and fun all at once!

Persistence. You mess up one meal? Pick it right back up during the next meal. You miss a day of exercise? Be kind to yourself and take a rest. At the end of the day, just don't give up. Don't let the naysayers win. You can do this!! Persistence is key in almost all aspects of our lives. Lastly, create the most amazing workout music playlist you can think of. Stay motivated and remember why you're doing what you're doing! Music is life changing.

P.S. My start weight was 218IBS. My current weight is now 198.4IBS. So excited!!

Welcome to the team. 20lb down already is brilliant progress!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have another new member joining our amazing team ...Please welcome @Mama530 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    yyffbjct0qdr.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for February Week 3...Please have your steps in no later than this evening 2/21/23 so that I can post the results tomorrow morning ...Thank you

@888Angie888 2/13 - 2/18
    @Bluetail6 2/15 - 2/18
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/15- 5,912
    2/18-9,871

Water✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️❌❌ - I didn't log Saturday and was over on Friday
    Exercise✔️✔️✔️✔️❌✔️✔️

Do you find the weekends harder? I find my routine is thrown off.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps
    2/13: 14,807
    2/14: 11,673
    2/15: 4,568
    2/16: 3,993
    2/17: 9,506
    2/18: 5,100
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Welcome! Amazing loss to date.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,540
    Sleep: ✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Move quite a bit yesterday. Not off to a good today so I better get moving.

Welcome to all the new team members.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers,
    Thank you for including me on your team for March.

I live in a suburb just north of Chicago. I grew up in a south suburb of the same and then lived in Northern California for 14 years and now I'm back in the Chicago area. I enjoy reading, although I don't seem to find as much time for it these days. Instead, I listed to audible books while walking (outside, usually during the mild weather months). I'm addicted to a crazy game that I spend way too much time playing....but I love it. A previous hobby was entering sweepstakes which I plan to get back into later this year.

Weight loss/control is a never ending journey. I know that once I hit my goal, I can't just stop or I'll be back right where I am, again! Last year I got serious and lost 20lbs ( a lot people get serious and lose 50 or 100 but I was excited about my 20! I lost the majority between March and July and then started to slack off - meaning more fun things were in front of me, vacations, weddings etc and challenged me. I managed to maintain, until after Thanksgiving which I now know was a gout attack. It took about 3 months to get dr appointments and to settle in on the real issue. So with a painful foot, my level of activity decreased and I started snacking a wee bit more. I found 10 of those pounds again.

Boredom and having snacks available to me - a terrible combination. I know I will get bored, even doing things that I enjoy, so I try to plan for healthier snacks around the house.

I did keto a few years back and had success but my focus now is CICO while staying on the low carb side of things.

During the summer months, I like to walk outside, with a great book from audible and the time just flies. In the colder months, I walk indoors but to add to fun activities - I use my Nintendo Wii and some dance games to keep moving.

By the end of this year - I'd really like to hit goal and then focus on the maintenance part. In order to do that I've broken down my goals into smaller ones. I'm already passed hitting my first target so I will have to recalibrate.
    March Goals:
    Stabilize Water intake
    Limit alcohol calories
    Exercise Daily (5 of 6)

Friendly motivation, support and accountability.

Never give up. As long you are making an effort, you are half way there.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/15- 5,912
    2/18-9,871

Water✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️❌❌ - I didn't log Saturday and was over on Friday
    Exercise✔️✔️✔️✔️❌✔️✔️

Do you find the weekends harder? I find my routine is thrown off.

I found this past weekend a little more challenging. I don't fast during the weekends and I'm not too bad usually...but this past long weekend I ate out twice, which messed me up. Not too bad. I find getting the motivation to move on the weekend is lower, so it is harder in that way.

This discussion has been closed.