Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick hello. Spent today running around to get some lab requisitions and pick up prescriptions and stock up on gut-friendly foods. Apparently it’s not cheap to eat gut friendly lol.

I got some kombucha and kimchi and some water kefir and I’m really hoping I can tolerate them all. Ugh. We’ll see!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 The Fitbit challenges are fun, I only did them for a short time but they are motivating. I hope you find something you like, I had two Fitbits and killed them both in a year but look forward to reading what people recommend to you.

@Cornanda You are doing awesome with your exercise, keep up the great work!

@trooworld I love when couples work out together, so glad you and your husband got out there. The Stridekick challenges sound awesome from your description!

@lrjogger1 Prayers and love to you! That's a lot of big decisions, I can see why you're stressed! You need to eat healthy to be more clear-headed and make the best decisions possible, right? I try to think when I'm really stressed that my eating and exercising are areas I can control but when you're used to turning to food for every emotion (I used to) especially stress it's hard.

@AustinRuadhain Moving for 45 minutes is great as is getting some sleep, glad to see you thanking your old self! I remember we did a tiny habit-like challenge where when we added in something extra you thank yourself for and cheer for yourself and I was making sure to squat vs.bending over giving the feral cats their food and telling myself I was awesome which would make me laugh. It IS wonderful to think the next day how much you'll appreciate sticking with it today! I get my kitchen clean and prep my coffee the night before to be ready the next morning as ways to help my future self thanks to all your great ideas.

@tammymccrady6278 Please post as many times as you need, praying things work out for all of you for the best. I can't imagine how difficult that would be and hope he'll get to a place where he'll get help.

@shaunarlr83 YES, check you out! What an awesome thing for the two of you to do together. I'm sorry to hear about the fighting with your mom and sister, they're both under a lot of stress and I think sometimes it's easier to lash out at ones we're closest to which stinks (I was like that after I was injured with my family and feel awful about it). I'd imagine after a tough marriage the last thing you want to be around is fighting. Honestly I would consider your counselor's advice on dating but know I've heard taking a year to work through your past relationship and build your confidence helps. I'm sure it varies by situations and people, I really hope no one will be judging your dating decisions in the future.

@vegan4lyfe2012 How much longer until your daughter is due? I don't recall hearing the baby's name, love the name Byron! I'm sorry your daughter is having such a rough time, I can't imagine what you're going through. Praying for all of you and hoping things improve.

@megnolia82 Hi my friend! Haha I totally agree, if you lived by me I'd be happy to divide my scoby and give you some for kombucha, it's actually not bad to make cost-wise but kind of gross. I made it last summer after I hadn't for awhile and forgot about it while it was fermenting, the scoby needs to be divided about 1x a month or two and is taking up most of the jar, if you hear a little town near Sacramento gets swallowed by a huge scoby it was me! Seriously I hope all the expensive buys helps and you're feeling better soon.

@FushiaKat Oh no that's sounds real stressful with Farmers Insurance. I hope the new company works out and you're not run ragged by them. One thing that can happen after losing and switching to maintenance is to go up about 5lbs while hormones are calming down, that happened to me and freaked me out since I was instantly above my 5lb range. Are you eating close to maintenance calories now? You could always lessen the deficit more each week to ease into maintenance. I'm always trying to make the perfect decision and don't think there really is one right answer for it. The forums here usually recommend a 5-10lb range though like you I tend to think staying under 150 is my goal.

Hi team, hope everyone had a great Tuesday! Weather's getting windy and we're going to get a little rain, my body's acting like every cloud in the sky has opened and is whining away. Got my workout in (decided to skip the farm since I'd be all dirty) and went to get my hair done, since then just worked and have been catching up online. Very close to stress eating from my pain but am going to go get in the tub then climb into bed and start a new book. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No Zero Days
    good morning workout (chair cardio, stretching, abs and legs)
    great water/tea
    ate healthy and under calories
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @lrjogger1 Please do not feel like you let us down, most everyone gains from time to time and the scale can be very fickle! I can see why you've been stressed, that's a lot of stuff to process and be worried about. Make your next decision the best decision you can, it will count towards your health. You've got this! <3

@AustinRuadhain Yay! I can't remember now who posted this, it may even have been me, I don't know lol. But I just love No Zeros. Sleep is so important, I think that was a smart trade-off!

@tammymccrady6278 I'm so sorry about your son and how it is affecting you. That would be very hard to deal with. I'm glad you came here to let off some steam rather than eat or go shopping. Good for you for putting your foot down with him. Hugs, Tammy.

@micaroo4 Gotcha!

@shaunarlr83 Right now, at 4:52 a.m., it is 50F but yesterday at this time, it was 42F. For us, that is really cold lol. When we went for the walk on Monday, it was in the mid-50s. Anything under 65F is cold for us. I know, we are wimps! LOL Wow, I am impressed you did that hike, way to go, Shauna! Sounds like going for a walk was a smart thing to do when the drama started. Hopefully, today will be better in that arena. I think your heart will know when the time is right to start dating again. There will always be critics of what we do, that is part of life, you just have to honor yourself and your feelings. That's my two cents!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am glad you checked in, you've been on my mind. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. How much longer before Byron is here? I love that name, btw. I'm impressed you are doing your no zeros with all that stress. Hugs, my friend.

@megnolia82 I find some kombuchas to be less sour than others, and more palatable. I hope you can get used to the taste/like them and I hope it helps!

@FushiaKat Happy birthday, Kat! The homeowner's insurance stuff sounds really stressful. I hope you can get it situated. In WW, I think they say 4 weeks before you are considered maintenance, but that's them. I think it's up to you.

@Katmary71 Thanks! It's the only exercise he will do WITH me lol. Actually, he will go hiking with me too (although he doesn't think hiking is strenuous enough for him, nor is our walking, but he does it for ME!). The weather is the same down here, windy, and we are supposed to get rain. I'm sorry about the pain, it was a good idea to take a bath and get in bed.

Hi all. I did fairly well yesterday. I made savory steel-cut oats for breakfast this week although I made the mistake of using chicken and apple breakfast sausage, the apple makes the oats kind of sweet and that isn't what I was going for. Now, I have 3 more servings to eat and I'm not thrilled. :/ The recipe is good other than that: https://www.skinnytaste.com/savory-steel-cut-oats/ I drank 65 oz of water yesterday which was much better than it has been. Between the salads for meals and the water intake, my weight is starting to come down, which makes me happier.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I had a salad for lunch and dinner and drank double the amount of water as the past few days.

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Definitely reread the no zeros stuff last night as the day yesterday really got a way from me! Today my husband, son and I are all working from home since we are having an ice storm warning!! I’ll have to work out inside my home as I do not want to repeat the large bump on my head from last week!!’

I’m tempted to join the “Fitbit Friends” challenge offered on stridekick, but worry I’ll get sucked in to the chatter there. There are more than 7k in that group. I did join the “winter wonderland” one that is a little smaller, maybe 2k, I see people post more pictures from their outdoor walks/jogs which is cool to see from all over the world. Stridekick does offer that crowd challenge also like Strava. Our next challenge for the 8 on there now, and any other for here, might be fun to do our own winter wonderland as it might be fun for our smaller group to post pictures from our unique locations. And next challenge, we could try miles again or try steps or minutes.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @JenAWhite - I am so sorry about that fall, and glad to hear you are recovering and taking care of yourself. Take it as slowly as you have to, to get fully recovered. It can be frustrating to get slowed down, but healing takes time and energy. Oh, and hurray for the coat getting clean.
    We had ice where I live (central Texas) couple of weeks ago, and I got reminded of how scary ice can be.

@shaunarlr83 - Hurray for feeling fantastic, for the new job, and for that great weigh-in!

@amanda32390 - You have a lot going on! Hurray for adding yoga back to your weekly plans, and making some happy space in your skin.

@Jen_967 - Congratulations on that loss for the week!

@19shmoo69 - I am toasting you with my morning cup of coffee! As far as when to joke -- I am not the best with social cues!

@KatMary71 - Hugs back at you! I am delighted to be back in this great conversation.
    Has your brother's cat (Cali?) ventured out? And what are you reading these days? I am on a "see the world via audiobooks" kick, and am reading an assortment of mysteries and thrillers.

@micaroo4 - I use a Garmin device. Garmin has challenges, but not as robust as Fitbit's to-be-discontinued ones -- I can see how others are doing, but don't get messages about my status.

@Cornanda - It's great to see you, too! Hurray for getting that exercise in!

@trooworld - Thanks for the lead. I just signed up for Stridekick, and sent you a friend request. I am looking forward to fitness challenges! Thank you for this!

@lrjogger1 - Hang in there! You have so much you want to do in the midst of all that work and school stuff. If it gets to be too much, maybe declare victory for the day of you get one key thing right, keep that No Zero challenge in mind! It's great to get any of those goals met, especially with all the life things going on!

@tammymccrady6278 - I am so sorry your son is struggling. Hurray for checking in. Wishing you strength and patience and fortitude.

@shaunarlr83 - What a great picture! Wow, that hike sounds like it was a fabulous adventure. As far as talking to someone new -- you will know. To the degree that you can, I would let go of worries about other people's judgement. People can always judge each other for so many things. I am flashing on a 70s song (corny, but I love American pop music from *all* the decades): "You can't please everyone / So you got to please yourself."

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Sending hugs. Pregnancy is hard on all the people -- the pregnant person and the bystanders. When is Byron expected to arrive?

No Zero Day Report
    I didn't get in a long walk yesterday, but I did log my food, eat on plan, get over 8300 steps, and I did do some wall pushups. Yay!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 did you just say eww to kombucha? I thought you liked tea?
    @megnolia82 I like me some kimchi. I had some that made my tongue go numb. It was so yummy.
    @shaunarlr83 just don't force the dating. It'll happen when it happens.

I struggle with social cues as well. It took me most of my life to realize I'm not a people person. I'm a friend's person.
    My humor is so odd that in my head I'm rolling with laughter but to the other person it could mean nothing or it strikes them borderline offensive. Which about 50% of the time I'm not trying to be offensive.

Prayers for those dealing with burdens that seem to heavy at this moment.

I have a question are there any other guys in this group? Asking for a friend.
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers and encouragement friends. Yesterday I met all my No Zero goals, today started off good but I did go over my calories by 300, definitely due to stress eating after class today, but I met all the others - vegetables, water, tracking. I’ll take those wins and keep moving forward.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I'm glad I could help. 🌶️🔥
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I’m finally feeling mostly better! Although that means back to work tomorrow ☹️
    I did better with eating at home than I thought. Too many options and opportunities. Weather is soooo cold here. Overnight windchill is -45 🥶 but still my doofus of a dog ‘needs’ to go for his nightly walk.
    Hope everyone else is doing well. All this talk of kambuchi makes me want to give it a whirl. What does it taste like?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 Kombucha tastes like a vinegar-type drink, if you mixed tea and apple cider vinegar but there's a lot of cool flavors in the stores. I love it and started brewing my own with spicy black teas but as far as the stores go Kevita and GT have great varieties.

@AustinRuadhain I'm reading Young Mungo right now, just finished a few that were recommended by the Sacramento library staff like The Hacienda and One Italian Summer. Read any good ones recently?

I wanted to drop in and say hi, rain isn't awful but I didn't get much sleep last night and am struggling tonight. All the cats are getting along great which is wonderful, I've been texting with my oldest nephew who was worried so I'm trying to reassure him she's good without making him feel she's happier here than with him as he adores her. He's having a blast at Disneyland which is awesome as last year he was struggling a lot. Have a great Thursday team!

No Zeros
    - I did eat popcorn in the middle of the night but counted it as my lunch today.
    - chair cardio, arms and abs, and stretching but mellow since I don't feel too hot.
    - great water
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi Alll! I’m trying to catch up. The kids were having exams, work, weird scheduling, preparing for traveling, cycling for my weigh in and most of all the Stridekick challenge kept me moving. Everyone should join if you can. It’s fun!

🎉Congratulations to all those who had a loss this week🎉

And to those who are hanging on ❤️

@trooworld I hope Daisy is doing well.
    Chicken and Apple sausage, interesting. I’ve been making chicken sausage but never thought to incorporate apple into it. I may have to try that.

@amanda32390 welcome to the group

@AustinRuadhain welcome back to the group. Your intro sounds a lot like my own. I love this group, everyone has something to bond over. I need some new home improvement shows to watch. I’m currently (slowly) remodeling the old and trying to furnish the new.

@shaunarlr83 I hope work has had a great start. That hike and photo is amazing. It’s great when the kids can help us with goals. I think you will know when the time is right, it will be when that person pops up and they peak your interest (is that the saying) and between now and then you can be happy finding out where you are headed. A great journey to be on.

@Katmary71 so I’m not alone with the sweet potato craziness. I was like what the craziness is this😂
    Its weird how the weather affects our body in such ways. Kitty sitting, how fun! I think I should be a hamster sitter. I really want to collect all the hamsters. Fluffy little marshmallows are so much fun.

@micaroo4 I am like you, I get encouraged to keep up with the group in the challenges. Like yesterday, I was like let’s get it done just in case something comes up. Walked myself straight into the bed. 😂

@JenAWhite I just read that you got a concussion, I hope you’re doing ok now. I am catching up in post and read about sharing pictures in the challenges. I may have to do that. I’ll be between 2 countries this coming week and I hope to get lots of walking in.

@lrjogger1 you have a lot on your plate right now. I hope you find what is best for you. Prayers for you and lots of cheering for getting back on track.

@tammymccrady6278 i hope things are looking up. ❤️ prayers for your family

@vegan4lyfe2012 so glad to see you back. Thanks shmoo for being a great friend too. What a great group! Thanks for sharing the grands with us. How adorable! I may have to start asking my eldest two if marriage is on their minds yet.

@Fushiakat that insurance business seems like a lot of work. I never thought painting trim would be a thing.

@sleepygirl79 kambucha is an acquired taste for many. I really think the maker and the batch can make you love or hate it. Keep warm!

I think Im caught up ❤️
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    I have some flexibility at work since I only work 3 days a week. It's snowing/sleeting today so I decided to take today off and work on Friday. I only have to drive 6 miles, but why drive in the snow if I don't have to? It's supposed to snow all day, so I would be dealing with it in both directions. Tomorrow they will have cleared and treated the roads, so even if it's still snowing a bit on Friday morning, it will be much better than today.
    Because of the snow I don't expect to be walking outdoors today, but will probably do a workout on the elliptical or the stationary bike (or both).
    -Mica
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 134.2
    CW: 133.5
    I used the long weekend and an extra day to visit my college kid on the other coast. Loved the OR weather and the trails, but all that time in/between airports is not as easy anymore 🤨.
    Yesterday I peeled myself reluctantly from bed at 5am and the second I walked in at work, my colleague was “are you ready for the abs challenge?”. It was way too early for the philosophical discussion about what my brain thinks I’m (still) able and what my body can. So we are trying it today. Wish me luck.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain You are welcome. I asked @JenAWhite to add you to the next challenge (the current one is ending today). Yay for your no zeros!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Those images are cool. April 20th and June 10th will be here before you know it! :D

@tammymccrady6278 Way to go! I'm glad you are in a better place today.

@19shmoo69 I love your humor. I think I've told you that I also have an odd sense of humor and it has offended some people because I make jokes about things that some people think are inappropriate but I find hilarious. I don't know if it is just I'm odd or if there is something wrong with me lol. I get what you are saying! :D

@lrjogger1 Way to go on your no zero goals!

@broncobuddee Oh dearrr, I've been under the assumption you are a female and I think I have called you a "she", I'm so very sorry, Bronco!

@sleepygirl79 I'm glad you are feeling better. Oh gosh, that is cold. Kombucha, to me, tastes sour and slightly sweet. I think it's an acquired taste.

@Katmary71 I'm glad to hear that the cats are getting along, that's awesome. I'm glad your nephew is doing better. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.

@AmbersWay Thank you. I'm lucky that she is taking her medications, she has two to take for now. We just put it in peanut butter (she got sick of cheese!). Yeah, you could shred the apple, I bet and incorporate it in.

@micaroo4 Yes, it's better to use that flexibility and be safe.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! That's impressive that you were out of town and still had a loss. Good luck with the abs challenge! :D

Hi all. I didn't do too well on any aspect yesterday, it was hard to come up with my no zeros. I have a 2-hour dental appt today, getting a cleaning and then 2 crowns. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Wish me luck.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I made an effort to drink more water, and had a healthy lunch and dinner.

Join our Stridekick challenge (miles walked/ran)...my username is LibraryGoddess: https://link.stridekick.com/join

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • JenAWhite
    JenAWhite Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sent invites for those of you in current mile Tokyo challenge on Stridekick to a new weekend challenge to try out. This one is a “leaderboard” so it might be fun to see who top three will be! Anyone who hadn’t joined us last challenge and wants to join this one- https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=D2KRV2
This discussion has been closed.