Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    SW 388.6
    PW 235.2
    CW 233.8

Down below my goal weight of 235 which I figured would happen due to my exercise
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    That "Join" button was hard to find....

Hi, I'm Lisa, 56, married for 31 years with two grown sons. I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. When I was searching out a team, I noticed there were a few others from this same province on Downsizers so that is how I made my choice. I have just attempted to take control of my life recently, so I hope I haven't overreached by saying I will be part of a team! Highest weight ever, no exercise, using food as a distraction. Actively avoiding happiness and killing myself slowly when both health and happiness are within my own grasp....nothing physical is stopping me. I have a wonderful husband, but if I don't turn this around soon it will begin to impact our relationship. Obviously there is a void in my life, but filling it with food is not the answer. Instead I want to use myfitnesspal and team Downsizers to start filling that void.

Wow! What a downer post! Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am here, and I hope I stick this out and don't become an instant disappointment to the team.

Hello neighbour. I am not far away in London Ontario. I am glad you found your way to our team. We are here for the good, the bad and the ugly. I think using food to deal with voids, emotions, stress is something you share with a few of us. Finding what is causing us to turn to food is a big part of the journey. For me I deal with stress by eating.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps:
    2/20 - 2,137

Water✔️✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌❌
    Exercise✔️✔️❌

Tuesday was a super low-energy day for me. I think I've been running myself ragged the past couple of weeks and finally stopped. I believe exercising has been helping to boost my mood and energy, but being a single mom with 2 kids and an elderly parent to care for sometimes catches up.

Today, I'm well-rested and ready to meet my goals! I'm hoping that the fact I've been keeping active in general will help combat some of the calorie increases this week.

Glad you caught up on your rest. Carving out some me time when caring for others is importance.

MSWarrior

SW 265
    PW 196.2
    CW 194.6

Glad to see this ... unfortunately 193.8 was my lowest a couple of weeks ago.. getting closer then 180's 🤞🙏

Today I'm doing my fasting during Lent...Ash Wednesday.... hopefully I'll get focused and get back on track... here's to 40 days without eating out!!
    Prayers would be appreciated....lol

Nice loss! Good luck on your not eating out.

Hope everyone is having a great week! I'm struggling to choose healthier options for my meals/snacks even though I am still staying within my CICO limit. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow for a nice swim!

Snacking is something I am trying to turn around. I cut out potato chips during the week and added fruits and veggies instead. Send me some motivation to go swimming.

I definitely need to get a handle on the snacking. When I try to eat vegetables I always make it unhealthy because I'm wanting to dip it in ranch or something lol. The struggle is real!

There is nothing wrong with some ranch or hummus with your veggies just measure the serving.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,781
    Sleep: ✔️✔️❌✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Heading down to the exercise room to ride the bike and see if I can figure out some weight exercises using the machines that don’t hurt my back.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining our team ...Please welcome @GirlOnTheRebound :)
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    2/21 - 8,554

Water✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Calories❌❌❌✔️
    Exercise✔️✔️❌✔️
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,794 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Pw 231
    Cw 230
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 for the welcome.

I am a 55 year old female from Ottawa Ontario who fell in love and moved to Florida. I am 5'8" and used to be 271 lbs. I dabbled with Weight Watchers and I am currently around 218. Trouble is the WW point system and app does not show nutritional data. I have crept up in cholesterol and sodium so I have returned here to stave off more medicines. I battle trying to reach my daily calories whilst eating proper foods. I am here to learn healthy eating and balance that with my exercise. Can't wait to learn as I become lean ❤️
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies?

Retired, she/her/ from Colorado where it is way colder more often than we're used to this winter! Walking is my favorite outdoor activity and this season's weather has made it tough.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

Last year was a tough health year with all sorts of respiratory stuff. Losing the 10 I've gained over the Covid years (after previously losing 25) can only benefit a full return to health. Ready to feel some energy and not physically sloppy!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

See yummie snack foods and eat yummie snack foods. My motto is "if you don't buy it you won't eat it". (Now if I can work on my husband not buying.)

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

After years of trying them all Mediterranean works best for me.

5. What is your favorite way to work out?

Walking parks and paths that have lovely nature all around and Tai Chi. Just signed up for Pickleball 101 to see if I can add that to the list of enjoyable exercise.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Get a start on losing 10 pounds, get to 150, and stay there!

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Camaraderie, support, and humor!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.

Wisdom? In my head? 😂 Let me get back to you on that.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks @Megan_smartiepants1970 for the welcome.

I am a 55 year old female from Ottawa Ontario who fell in love and moved to Florida. I am 5'8" and used to be 271 lbs. I dabbled with Weight Watchers and I am currently around 218. Trouble is the WW point system and app does not show nutritional data. I have crept up in cholesterol and sodium so I have returned here to stave off more medicines. I battle trying to reach my daily calories whilst eating proper foods. I am here to learn healthy eating and balance that with my exercise. Can't wait to learn as I become lean ❤️

Welcome to the team!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Pw 231
    Cw 230

Nice loss!
    Cw 184.8
    Pw 187.8

Loss 3.0 lb
    Loss to date 91.2lb

Walking walking walking the last 8lb off! Really happy my efforts are getting great results!

Fantastic loss!
    Updated Weigh-In info:

User: justlog2day
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 144.2. lbs
    CW: 143.2 lbs

Not sure how much lower I want to go, but I am going to try for an additional 3-5 lbs over the next few months. I don't have a target weight, I have a 'feel' I'm going after.

Another great loss! Does your doctor weigh in on your goal weight?
    aneedlecraft
    Friday Weigh-in
    PW: 324
    CW: 322
    Always nice to see what I'm feeling reflected on the scale.

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies?

Retired, she/her/ from Colorado where it is way colder more often than we're used to this winter! Walking is my favorite outdoor activity and this season's weather has made it tough.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

Last year was a tough health year with all sorts of respiratory stuff. Losing the 10 I've gained over the Covid years (after previously losing 25) can only benefit a full return to health. Ready to feel some energy and not physically sloppy!

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

See yummie snack foods and eat yummie snack foods. My motto is "if you don't buy it you won't eat it". (Now if I can work on my husband not buying.)

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb

After years of trying them all Mediterranean works best for me.

5. What is your favorite way to work out?

Walking parks and paths that have lovely nature all around and Tai Chi. Just signed up for Pickleball 101 to see if I can add that to the list of enjoyable exercise.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?

Get a start on losing 10 pounds, get to 150, and stay there!

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?

Camaraderie, support, and humor!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.

Wisdom? In my head? 😂 Let me get back to you on that.

Welcome to the team! My dietitian has recommended the Mediterranean diet to me before. I really should look into it. Have you been following it for long?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 233.6
  • MyChoiceisaGoodLife
    Options
    lindamtuck2018 ~ I've been eating Mediterranean off and on for several years after finding I am gluten intolerant. I always feel better on it!
This discussion has been closed.