Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal , yw. When I lost my fella back in November, I received a card from his vets and really thought that was so nice. I hope you get to the bottom of the scam call. I am glad your momma didn't send the money though. Close call.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - Yes — The community has been very supportive and a couple of people have sent us cards. Today, we also received a card from his long term vet and staff, who have been like friends to us — and cared for Petey so much. They were all in tears with us, but they wanted to be the ones to help him pass peacefully. We are so fortunate to live in such a wonderful neighborhood.

I hope you get over your cold soon and regain you voice and energy. Take care!
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Oh no, I just finished reading up all the messages I missed. I‘m so sorry about Petey 😢 @PatriceFitnessPal
    It’s a shame they can’t live as long as humans.

What a horrible thing to do, scamming elderly people. I hope the police gets to the bottom of this. Sending much strength to you for the upcoming week and hope you and your siblings can figure out a way to help your loved ones that’s working out well for you all.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    So true, @Bumbinella. Thank you so much!

I appreciate our kind and thoughtful team!
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @ac204
    Got you added to the step challenge and asked for your weigh in day to be moved. The March step challenge started on the 26th of Feb, so if you have steps for 26, 27 and 28 Feb, that would be great. Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder, @Pupowl!

Here's my steps for Feb and the last few days:

2/26 - 3745
    2/27 - 6065
    2/28 - 7091
    3/1 - 8311
    3/2 - 7343
    3/3 - 5105
    3/4 - 10624
    3/5 - 4997

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited March 2023
    Daily check-in ~ March 6
    Steps: 20.886
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Not much happening here. Had a pretty lazy day with too much food, but I did get in a 47 minute workout. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    @Pupowl so good you got a workout in ☺️💪
    Today‘s card resonates a lot with me. I’m at a crossroad in my career… continue what I‘ve been doing for the last 15 years, what I‘m good at and am respected for in the industry I‘m working in OR doing something completely new, something that I always wanted to do but never had the guts to try. Deep down I feel that I need to give it a shot and it will all work out just fine. I hear that inner voice getting louder each day 😅
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    Bumbinella wrote: »
    @Pupowl so good you got a workout in ☺️💪
    Today‘s card resonates a lot with me. I’m at a crossroad in my career… continue what I‘ve been doing for the last 15 years, what I‘m good at and am respected for in the industry I‘m working in OR doing something completely new, something that I always wanted to do but never had the guts to try. Deep down I feel that I need to give it a shot and it will all work out just fine. I hear that inner voice getting louder each day 😅

@Bumbinella
    Oh, my vote is for the new thing! With 15 years of experience, you can always fall back on that old job if the new thing doesn't work out right? So I'd say go for it!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Hello everyone!

I survived the two day drive to Houston. Gained 3 pounds, but lost 2.5. Ughh. Frustrating. The scale is bouncing all over still. Hopefully it will keep going down.

Buddy is loving the warmer weather here, but we are only planning on being here a week.

@PatriceFitnessPal I'm so sorry about your mom and Aunt. My parents still live independently, and my dad almost fell for a scam a couple years ago. He got an email about a large purchase on his Amazon credit card, which he never uses, and clicked on the link to dispute it and was told to purchase gift cards to clear the balance. He went to the local Kroger, bought $1000 in gift cards, and was starting to call this number to give them the card information, when the security guard saw what was happening and took my dad's phone to talk to the scammer. Not surprisingly, the fake Amazon representative hung up and my dad was able to return the gift cards.

One of the most scary things about the situation is that he fell for it and didn't tell my mom because he was embarrassed. To be fair, some of the emails look very genuine, but the gift card should have been a red flag. So, if it makes you feel better, your mom isn't the only one. Its so evil how people pray on the vulnerable. I hope they are able to catch the person.

Steps

3/2 15,579
    3/3 16,609
    3/4 4,369 driving
    3/5 3,083 STILL driving
    3/6 14,946
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,181 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 3/5: 12,259
    Mon 3/6: 17,731

Finished my 30-day 10k challenge yesterday, so I'm going to take a couple days break from 10k/day.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 376 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Unfortunately I see this all the time at the Post Office. We are a MoneyGram agent, which is similar to any agents that can wire money across the world.
    We are trained to ask certain questions before sending money, and if we do not feel comfortable or think it might be a scam we can decline to send the money .If she would of found the number to call, they probably would of sent her to Western union or a Moneygram agent and they would of asked questions, and they would of recognized this scam right away, and stopped the transaction.
    We encourage everyone to call that family member to see if they pick up and tell the same story.

We inform people to report it to the police, unfortunately most of these scams are preying on the elderly who if they report it (due to feeling embarrassed) nothing really gets done, because it takes too much man power to find the network of people who do this. It's a rather large business and they cover their tracks.
    Educating ourselves and our family members, also our communities is the best way to stay informed on the many scam's out there.
    Let your Mom know, not to be embarrassed. She was doing what she thought was right and helping a family member. I hope her stress goes down and she can be happy that they never got her money and everyone is safe!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Hi Y'all:

Very busy day today...just popped on to check on the group challenge and post there, so wanted to post here as well. Getting ready to finish up a little cleaning in the kitchen and then lie down...6:30 in the morning will be here before I know it! Expecting another hectic day tomorrow.

Hope you're having a productive week...I'm counting down til my vacation which starts on the 17th...ten glorious days off! YAYYYyyyyy! Get to relax, NOT set the alarm, take walks every day, set my own schedule (or not!!!) and just be me! So, just gotta finish this week and four days next week and I'm on VACAAaaayyyyyy! LOL

Have a nice hump day tomorrow!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @pupowl I want to hear more about this job thing...what's the current job and what's the one you've wanted to do?!! Spill! :smile:
    Jess
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    edited March 2023
    @PatriceFitnessPal , I hadn't thought of it until @saveagemsmoose had said something. But a couple of years back I had went into the Walmart closest to me. In front of me was an older woman who seemed a bit slower in mental processing at the service desk. She handed the woman some money and some other stuff dealing with a call from the social security administration. Red flag right there as they won't call, they send out letters here, right? The woman insisted it was a legit transaction. The employee stated she couldn't do the transaction because it was a scam. The woman left, cursing the employee. If it hadn't been for an alert employee this woman would have lost her social security check or most of it I'm sure. Most of our seniors and disabled do not get much as far as monies in the first place or they have a very small nest egg put aside for a rainy day.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @TexanMom8152 - Congratulations! That’s fantastic progress!!
This discussion has been closed.