WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ok @jugar, I did my weigh in...

PW: 147.6 (I forgot to report last week....it was a bit hectic and also TOM)
    CW: 145

@DD265 The set meal/snack thing isn't a bad idea. As a dietitian, I wouldn't be opposed to my patient coming up with that idea. We make soooo many food-related choices throughout the day, each of those moments presents an opportunity to choose something that may not be the best option. By eliminating some of those choices, you not only make tracking easier, but reduce decision fatigue and can focus on making the variable meals fit/work with your goals

I hope everyone in the northern areas are holding up well! We're looking at another 4-5" of snow here in NW Montana! Needless to say, our pup is loving it! We just got his Wisdom Panel results yesterday and he's 83% Siberian Husky and 17% Alaskan Malamute...a true Alusky like we thought. He's also totally clear on the 210 genetic predispositions they checked for, so I think we've got a pretty sturdy pup!

I've also decided to really try and train/do the Glacier 1/2 this June despite my EDS. I've hopped back on the treadmill (cuz again...NW Montana...outside running isn't super viable) and am doing the Nike Run Club training program. I'm really hoping that I can pull this off. I've been wanting to do this for the past several years, but something always stops me (not gonna lie...the $160 entry fee is part of it) but it's something I need to prove to myself. Does anybody else use NRC?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,213 Member
    Options
    ok @jugar, I did my weigh in...

PW: 147.6 (I forgot to report last week....it was a bit hectic and also TOM)
    CW: 145

@DD265 The set meal/snack thing isn't a bad idea. As a dietitian, I wouldn't be opposed to my patient coming up with that idea. We make soooo many food-related choices throughout the day, each of those moments presents an opportunity to choose something that may not be the best option. By eliminating some of those choices, you not only make tracking easier, but reduce decision fatigue and can focus on making the variable meals fit/work with your goals

I hope everyone in the northern areas are holding up well! We're looking at another 4-5" of snow here in NW Montana! Needless to say, our pup is loving it! We just got his Wisdom Panel results yesterday and he's 83% Siberian Husky and 17% Alaskan Malamute...a true Alusky like we thought. He's also totally clear on the 210 genetic predispositions they checked for, so I think we've got a pretty sturdy pup!
    I've also decided to really try and train/do the Glacier 1/2 this June despite my EDS. I've hopped back on the treadmill (cuz again...NW Montana...outside running isn't super viable) and am doing the Nike Run Club training program. I'm really hoping that I can pull this off. I've been wanting to do this for the past several years, but something always stops me (not gonna lie...the $160 entry fee is part of it) but it's something I need to prove to myself. Does anybody else use NRC?
    You had me at Glacier - I visited Glacier National Park when I was TEN years old, and it has had a huge influence on my life. Cold water, the landscape that combines water and hills - SO good! I do not use NRC but I will totally support you running this half marathon!! Wish I could do it with you. :heart:
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 220.4
    CW: 216.4

Nope not a typo, but trust me I thought it was! Luckily this month I’ve been trying out daily weigh ins to see if I notice any trends and mid week I had this big loss. I didn’t believe it but this is the third day at around the same number so I guess I just need to enjoy it and stop questioning it. ( I’d be lying if I said I was waiting for it to spike right back up)

It is SO wonderful when this happens! Finally your body is ready for the whoosh, and off you go. Now be careful not to bounce back. Celebrating with food is not a great idea! If you are hungry enough for a balanced food meal, do it. If you are not hungry and you crave something, it might be emotional and food will not be the solution. It is your body convincing you it needs that snack somehow, in order to get back to where it is used to being. I am so glad you are at a new resistance point! Not easy, but fabulous.

So happy you told me this.. so true that my body is like… “ oh you can have that it’s not that bad” but I need to continue making good choices so I keep going downwards as it’s been so difficult to see anything under 220 for so long!
  • jugar
    Options
    Progress! Here we go -

Saturday people, ready to weigh in and close the week:
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @carlsoda

People who need to send in those numbers for before Saturday:
    @nightfeeding1
    @AshenMoon
    @bobagurl2017
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @BrownMargaret3021

I'll go back and pick through to make sure I have not missed any!
  • jugar
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe thanks for the overview of your journey - it is amazing to see over a long period how things change. You are doing great! Hitting a new category is fabulous :heart:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,183 Member
    Options
    @zankash23
    Thanks for the heads up
    Hope you feel better after a restful weekend
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,192 Member
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 12th. Join us for Spring into Fitness, a 7-day activity and nutrition challenge, with links to lots of recipes and ideas for inspiration. Hope you enjoy it! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10886145/march-week-3-group-challenge-spring-into-fitness/p1?new=1

Look forward to sharing your week ahead! Good luck!
    Jessica :blush:
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 thank you
  • jugar
    Options
    What a Saturday! I got in a good session of snowshoeing, a 5 mile walk (with friend and 2 pugs), some practicing, made gluten free bread for the tall guy, and ate reasonably. I hope you all had some good times today too.

Quick weigh-in roundup.
    wofnls55pek2.png
    Due for this week, through Saturday:
    @nightfeeding1
    @AshenMoon
    @bobagurl2017
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @BrownMargaret3021

Sunday people - starting us off on week 3!
    @YinxFed
    @adrimango
    @nightfeeding1
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    CW: 185.2
    I don’t recall what my previous weight was and didn’t want to get bogged down in the MFP checking the list from last week ‘cause I’m using my phone instead of my computer.
    I read an interesting article about drinking enough water when working in warm, humid rooms. Working up to 2 hours in a warm place (e.g. indoor swimming pool) means one should be drinking 8 oz every 15-20 minutes. I’m often there for 4 hours before a cool down & can safely say that I don’t drink nearly enough water!!
    I’ll get a larger drinking container for sure!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse she wasn't too keen, but decision fatigue has definitely been a thing lately. Breakfast is so simple because it's just muesli - no thought required.

@CupcakeCrusoe I'm leaning towards prepping the snacks. One of the reasons I often reach for the cereal bar/flapjack bite option is speed and convenience, so it would help me to make 'fresh' snacks quick and readily available. Sometimes I genuinely don't have time to chop veggies in between meetings, sometimes I am tired and can't be bothered, then other times I need something that can come out and about with me - I try to bring my own snacks to places rather than buying from a shop.

It's almost 2pm, OH should be home around 4pm, and I've not been down to the allotment all weekend. We managed to get our food shopping done Friday afternoon and we did make it up to Yorkshire yesterday so between time and the weather, I haven't made it there. This morning I slept in, read a bit in bed, and have been catching up on admin tasks. I'm feeling lethargic from lack of movement, so I am going to get up and go now!
This discussion has been closed.