Airport Lounge Discussion

Options

Replies

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    Morning Airport Friends, back later to read and do personals.

It’s 37 feels like 37 with a high of 61 today. It is hood to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.—Ursula K. Le Guin. I AM: I allow myself to trust others. Axe Sharpening: Your success depends on your intent.—Stephanie McDonough 1st Phorm Advisor. Action for Happiness: Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted. Fitness Quote: Pain is temporary.—courtesy of fitness quotes app. Motivational quote: Change your thoughts and you’ll change your world.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 12,159 steps yesterday. Training plan: Day 25/305 mile a day challenge and WHD Core and LISS after breakfast.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Excited for the new challenge to start and fire a fresh start! My goal this challenge is to be on top of things with posting my numbers, chatting, and finally achieving my 5%! For awhile now, I haven't been chatting much since I just haven't had the energy for it. I still don't, but I need to force myself to push through the fatigue. I need the support and the focus, and supporting others in turn helps me to. Otherwise I'm not even really "connected" to my journey or accountable. So my goal is to be present!

Anyone remember Bill Thompson from Sparkpeople? I know he commented on a lot of people's blogs. He should know I think of him often. He WAS a diabetic. I remember a blog where he said his insurance and Dr no longer considered him a diabetic. I wrote down in my notebook many things from his blogs. I'm essence, I'm emulating what he has done to reverse his diabetes to reverse mine. Trying anyways. I'm so deconditioned and with fatigue is a struggle. I'm doing stuff for my fatigue. Being post menopauseal hasn't helped. I know I'll start to feel better, I just gotta push through this initial wall.

@Tabatha,. So sorry to hear that you're having a bad run of things lately, and I pray this morning is the last of it. I know that feeling for sure! Hugs to you!

@Kurtize,. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Hugs to you!

Have a great weekend!
    Trina
  • ginnaboots
    ginnaboots Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize -So sorry about the loss of your friend. Lots of hugs sent your way.

Tabatha-Sorry it has been a rough day. Hope things smooth out soon. That was my week, lots of little things that were adding up and causing me stress. Feeling better now that I dealt with all of it. Hope your day gets brighter.

@Patti241 -Good afternoon...hope you have an amazing day!

@macrat12 -That ice cream recipe sounds good and has protein in it. A win, win. Nice job on the exercise!

Trina-Nice to meet you. My dad was diabetic, but he didn't do anything for his health to control it. Hopefully you can find something in your notes that will help. Is Bill on Facebook? Maybe you could reach out to him. I know there was a Sparkpeople group on Facebook, maybe he is on there.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. It is a very nice day today. Sunny and 77. @ Catwmncat sending hugs and to al you also @Tabatha_Cain. Hope things are a little better.

Have a great rest of the day and weekend. Looking forward to the challenge, really hoping to do much better this round.

Daily Affirmation:
    We need quiet time to examine our lives openly and honestly -
    spending quiet time alone gives your mind an opportunity
    to renew itself and create order.
    - Susan Taylor
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been rainy, windy and cold. Got most of my exercises done. Got some chores done and played a couple of games of cards with Hubby.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    @DID_60LBS_BY60 OH HON!! I am so brokenhearted by this!!! I feel so horrible for you all. Life sure can kick us and kick us hard. The loss of a child is so unreal and horrific no matter how old or young they are. Oh, hon!!! We are walking quietly beside you, holding you when you want, crying as much you need/want/can though it'll not change things it'll help to not bottle things up. If you like at any time, even years from now, and only when and if you'd like by all means tell us about him. We are with you. So many hugs.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    @DID_60LBS_BY60: I can only echo what Diane expressed. Holding you close in prayer. You do have a bit of solace knowing that he was ready and received the last rights. You are not alone and am holding you in prayer.

@Tabatha_Cain: Sorry that you are hitting a rough patch. During those times I remind myself that there is a beginning, a middle and an end. Maybe that might help when you think that circumstances are not turning around.

My project today was staining some doors. I took a photo but it doesn't do the job justice. The area looks so much warmer.

k3wqdqzvfhjw.jpg

Tomorrow's word is UNDERSTANDING.

• macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    It’s 36 feels like 36 with a high of 54 today. Insight Timer Quote: If we surrendered to earths intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.—Rainer Maria Rilke. I AM: I make peace with my imperfections. Axe Sharpening: Take accountability for what you’ve allowed yourself to get used to.—Mike Trotter 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Action for Happiness: Choose to spend less time looking at screens today. Fitness Quote: I’m not trying to build a Summer Body. I’m trying to build a lifestyle.__gymaholic. Motivational quote: It’s never too late to start, and never too far to achieve.—unknown Closed all hearts on my Samsung Active 4 and had 13,738 steps yesterday. Training plan: WHD rest day and Day 26/305 mile a day challenge.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,108 Member
    Options
    Ginnaboots: Good morning.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,541 Member
    Options
    @DID_60LBS_BY60 : I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your son. Many hugs and prayers for you and your family.
    Good afternoon everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here today. My daughter says hello to all. Both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! I went for a short run earlier this morning and I really enjoyed it. I went for a walk a while ago and I feel great! I'll be doing some dancing later on. Have a great day, everyone! Take care and stay safe.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Airport Friends:

Yes I am checking in at a different time today. We had so much on our plates today we just did not have time to do our morning check ins. Joe was having some pain and we were not sure if it is from his kidney stone or something else so we just kinda lazed about at his parents and really did not do much but watch movies. We did watch church online though. We never miss a week.

@ForeverFitNHealthy - Thank you. Things seem to be a bit better today. I am tired and worn out for the day and have barely done anything.
    @ginnaboots - Thank you. It does seem to be a bunch of little things that are bothering me.
    @DID_60LBS_BY60 - Oh My. I am so sorry for your loss. My little problems are nothing compared to what you are going through. We are I am sure all walking with you in spirit and praying for you. I am sure there is some comfort in knowing your son had his last rites. I will pray for your peace.
    @NovemberGail - Those doors look great. Thank you for the advice. I am working through the rough patches. At least I am trying to anyways.

Well it is almost time to go grocery shopping. I hope you all have a great evening.

Tabatha
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

@DID_60LBS_BY60 I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs.

Today has been a beautiful day full of movement. Walked to Church and had a great fellowship. The one lady close to my age that I have gotten to know well decided today we needed to exchange cell numbers. I was so honored. After leaving Church it was sunny and nice so decided to go for my walk before going home. Also completed my workouts, dishes, did some laundry and played Wii sports with Hubby. No excuses to day!!
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Dear @DID_60LBS_BY60 - I am so sorry, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I can't imagine what you all are going through. Hugs.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,241 Member
    Options
    HI ALL!! I'm trying so hard to feel better. They think I'm on a med that just needs to be changed around, and if so I'll at least be a tiny bit better or more. In the meantime Ever wish you could REALLY get that last bit or more off? The OAL's talked it over and our VERY OWN @Hicim705 came up with an updated Countdown Activities. I did the first one tonight and I DO feel more motivated, and I can see I'll have a doable plan!! I encourage all of us on the 5% To please doing us ,, here's the link (it's under discussion feed Countdown & Pre-Challenge Activity #1: INFORMATION and YOUR INPUT! ℹ️🔠https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144485-2023-spring-5-community-team-plz-join-us

• NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

I walked over four miles today without really even realizing it. The weather was beautiful after the heavy rains. Just a wee bit muddy in the yard and trails.

Tomorrow's word is BALANCE. (Isn't life a juggling act sometimes??

dj30bpo3ie0r.jpg

Bluets and one of my favorite small flowers. Some folks call the nun eyes.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone, it's been a busy day starting early and ending now, I am ready for bed !! This afternoon the family that lives here, well most of them, got together for 5 pin bowling and what a blast we had. We were creative, funny and just had a good time. We do not get together too often as we are all busy with different activities. Then the lifepro vibration board my son order on Amazon came today and he's been busy figuring that out but I'll wait and try it tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good night's sleep and that they have a good monday. The picture below is from last night I believe.

4ja67yfopzwz.jpg
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    It seems like most of my orchids decided to bloom at the same time. Here are a few of them.
    x4rhdfhwn1vo.jpg
    m20us22i7rqp.jpg
    6w5larulta5j.jpg
  • jeanhickokhaley1
    jeanhickokhaley1 Posts: 3,316 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @NovemberGail those are cute flowers.

@LindieMaeP beautiful pictures. Love the tug boat.

@lavalily beautiful orchids.