Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    PW: 194
    CW: 195

Ugh. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your encouraging words, I'm not going to let you all down and spiral into a sulkfest, I can't deny I'm feeling a little bit sorry for myself, I just won't wallow.
    Probably fair for a week with 3 meals out and yesterday's Great Day Of Endless Appetite that was. Onwards!

You got this! New day, new opportunity for success
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options

3/31 214.7 6 days in a row I have eaten over 1000 calories. This, plus the shakes (which help my caloric intake) are the reason I am doing better. I am pleased with this plus noticing the need to increase exercise time. Doing this 10 day challenge gives such an insight to trends and achievements. My body is changing and stamina is elevating. I have 1st goal to reach of 197 lbs which takes me out of "obese" range. And a pretty blue sundress from decades ago I want to fit into. These goals are steadily becoming less of a dream and more of a reality! I have no goal date. I just have a goal.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

I am going to Vegas the end of May. I am so excited.

Have Fun!!! Vegas is always fun for me!
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: FindingSamMon
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    PW: 241.1
    CW: 238

Steps:
    3/29:8,061
    3/30:8,352

Current Week:
    Water✔️✔️✔️✔️❌
    Calories❌✔️❌✔️✔️
    Exercise❌✔️✔️✔️❌

(tagging @Megan_smartiepants1970 so she sees it when she's back)

I've had a somewhat stressful week with a car breakdown, a car accident (different car) and a funeral (there has to be a joke in there somewhere).

Looking at the positives:
    - I've hit my step goal almost every day this week (except for Sunday)
    - I've done all of my workouts so far (I may skip the gym tonight)
    - I was right and the weight I gained fell off this week plus more.

Not a fun week by the sounds of it, but still a success for you! A new decade woohoo!
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

03/26 - 19,811
    03/27 - 14,588
    03/28 - 20,854
    03/29 - 13,162
    03/30 - 17,042
    03/31 -
    04/01 -
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Monday 3/27

PW 236.0
    CW 237.6

Sorry Linda. Now you see why I was trying to forget a bad week!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    The April team chat is open! Go ahead over and (re)introduce yourselves, set goals and intentions for the new month. Please continue to weigh in and post stats for March here. Thanks!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887759/downsizers-team-chat-april-2023/p1?new=1
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 800 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    md23bkbv64uk.jpeg

@Slimmersixties, it has been inspiring to watch you on your journey. It has helped me to start losing weight again. Congratulations!

Thank you Linda. Couldn't have done it without the support and encouragement of you, Megan,Greg and the rest of the team x let's hope maintenance is as successful!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 27, 2023) - A little overdue
    PW: 237
    CW: 238.7

My sincerest apologies for the delay in weighing in. I was on vacation for a week+ without access to a scale on 3/20 and my weight from last Monday reflects eating on the road for 2 days (Palm Beach to St. Louis via a few college visits along the way back) on the return trip. I'm looking forward to sharing my progress on this coming Monday.
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    Step Challenge
    My Round 5 (goal 12000)

3/26 14764
    3/27 12449
    3/28 5362
    3/29 13073
    3/30 12902
    3/31 6758
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    PW:189
    CW:189.2
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thinking of you! Hope everything goes ok today!!

@lindamtuck2018 weighing in a day early
    PW 149
    CW 148.6!!!

YAY! I am so pleased. I know it isn't a lot but it has been a real struggle to see any movement below 150. Last week I worked hard on upping my steps and I think that helped. I haven't done as great this week but it is motivation to get moving more!

I wish it would hurry up and be nice weather -wise here. I love having all seasons but spring is very windy in Santa Fe. It's like it is just starting to get warm but we have awful wind gusts, blowing tumbleweeds etc! Anyway, I want to walk outside more! Soon the wildflowers will start though and I'll be outside regardless then.

I think as you get closer to reaching your goal weight loss slows down. A half a pound a week translates to 26 pounds a year. Congrats on the loss!
    Here is this week's weigh in info.

User: justlog2day
    PW: 144.1 lbs
    CW: 143.2 lbs

I'm actually going to bow out of the challenge for now going forward. If you can keep me on the list as 'inactive' for now, that would be good. If you can't, I understand and I'll rejoin when it makes sense for me to do so.

Thank you!

Sorry to see you go. I will have you moved to support until you are ready to return.

aneedlecraft
    Friday Check In
    PW: 319
    CW: 318
    Slow & steady, but heading in the right direction...

Nice loss!
    Weigh Day Thursday
    (late again...oops)
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 226.2

It's time for me to start thinking about some goals for April?
    Awesome loss! Any areas you would like to work on? Let us know.

Mama530 wrote: »
    DAILY CHECK IN:
    THURSDAY 03/30
    - Calories: 1188 (goal 1200-1600)
    - Water: 84 oz
    - Gym: no
    - Walk: yes; 3.91 miles
    - Protein: 35 g (85 goal)
    - Fiber: 12 g (25 goal)
    - THOUGHTS: Took advantage of the nice weather and took a walk in the evening. I really needed it. All that leftover spaghetti didn’t do much for my protein levels, lol.

STEPS:
    03/26: 10,130
    03/27: 10,924
    03/28: 6,258
    03/29: 8,026
    03/30: 17,845

Fantastic steps!
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Steps: 8,581
    Sleep: 👍👍👍👍👍
    Log food: 👍👍👍👍👍
    Exercise: 👍👍👍

PW 198
    CW 197.6

Truthfully, I am a little disappointed. I really thought I would lose a bit more but I didn’t gain. The positive is I have been slowly losing since November when my weight hit 213. Baby steps! The second positive is I am making much better choices. I am eating more fruit and vegetables. Next step is to improve my weekend choices.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Happy Friday Linda! I know how hard it is to trust the process and be happy with modest losses, but I’m glad that you see the positive in slow and consistent loss. With a well planned weekend, you can get a jump start on next week’s success! You’re doing amazing!

The weekends are weird right now. The nausea starts to ease up a bit and I have to learn to recognize that full feeling from the ozempic.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 8,581
    Sleep: 👍👍👍👍👍
    Log food: 👍👍👍👍👍

PW 198
    CW 197.6

Truthfully, I am a little disappointed. I really thought I would lose a bit more but I didn’t gain. The positive is I have been slowly losing since November when my weight hit 213. Baby steps! The second positive is I am making much better choices. I am eating more fruit and vegetables. Next step is to improve my weekend choices.

Have a fantastic Friday!

I love how positive you are! I used to set hard deadlines for when I wanted to be a certain weight. The harder the deadline the more I seemed to gain. This time around I decided to remove the hard stop and just concentrate on being moderate. Even if I lose .1 of a pound it still counts as a win! You just proved this as well, looking back at November compared to now is definitely a win!

Those small losses add up. I am approaching 60 and I have to realize weight loss is way different than in my 30’s.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Username: FindingSamMon
    PW: 241.1
    CW: 238

Steps:
    3/29:8,061
    3/30:8,352

Current Week:
    Water✔️✔️✔️✔️❌
    Calories❌✔️❌✔️✔️
    Exercise❌✔️✔️✔️❌

(tagging @Megan_smartiepants1970 so she sees it when she's back)

I've had a somewhat stressful week with a car breakdown, a car accident (different car) and a funeral (there has to be a joke in there somewhere).

Looking at the positives:
    - I've hit my step goal almost every day this week (except for Sunday)
    - I've done all of my workouts so far (I may skip the gym tonight)
    - I was right and the weight I gained fell off this week plus more.

Amazing loss! Great insight to your week. I always like reflecting on mine as there always something positive.
    3/31 214.7 6 days in a row I have eaten over 1000 calories. This, plus the shakes (which help my caloric intake) are the reason I am doing better. I am pleased with this plus noticing the need to increase exercise time. Doing this 10 day challenge gives such an insight to trends and achievements. My body is changing and stamina is elevating. I have 1st goal to reach of 197 lbs which takes me out of "obese" range. And a pretty blue sundress from decades ago I want to fit into. These goals are steadily becoming less of a dream and more of a reality! I have no goal date. I just have a goal.

Look at all the positives.
    itladyee wrote: »

I am going to Vegas the end of May. I am so excited.

Have Fun!!! Vegas is always fun for me!

I have never been there. We are staying at the Flamingo.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Monday 3/27

PW 236.0
    CW 237.6

Sorry Linda. Now you see why I was trying to forget a bad week!

Post no matter if it’s bad. I know coming here everyday keeps me from gaining all my weight back.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 218.1
    CW: 220.0

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

3/26 - 19,509
    3/27 - 9,061
    3/28 - 5,385
    3/29 - 4,064
    3/30 - 7,169
    3/31 -
    4/1 -

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 219.4
    3/3 - 216.9 (-2.5)
    3/10 - 219.0 (+2.1) Short Lived loss
    3/17 - 219.1 (+0.1)
    3/24 - 218.1 (-1.0)
    3/31 - 220.0 (+1.9) Too much vacation fun!

Vacation weight will disappear pretty fast.

tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 230
    CW 230
    Same same can't complain

Mileage for March is 190.53 miles!!! Lots of walking riding paddling and running on the elliptical.

Great March mileage.
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Mar 27, 2023) - A little overdue
    PW: 237
    CW: 238.7

My sincerest apologies for the delay in weighing in. I was on vacation for a week+ without access to a scale on 3/20 and my weight from last Monday reflects eating on the road for 2 days (Palm Beach to St. Louis via a few college visits along the way back) on the return trip. I'm looking forward to sharing my progress on this coming Monday.

Thanks for posting. See you on Monday.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 2,410
    Sleep: 👍👍👍👍👍👍
    Log food: 👍👍👍👍👍❌

Steps are low as I spent hours doing our taxes. I totally forgot to log. Todays is done already.
This discussion has been closed.