Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
edited April 2023 in Social Groups
rb2uy9c4xmcn.png
Here is your Team chat room for April 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The April challenge runs for 4 weeks, from April 2 - 29. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team

@NouveauRee
    @Karlyblue
    @NachDeezy
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    Please let me know if you want to be added, removed, excused or change your step pledge for the step challenge ... I am setting up April right now ....Thanks :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Firstly hope the surgery went OK and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Can you drop me out of the step challenge until further notice please.
    I'm out of the rv, going on vacation shortly, and then I'll be moving house! Many thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi Megan. Firstly hope the surgery went OK and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Can you drop me out of the step challenge until further notice please.
    I'm out of the rv, going on vacation shortly, and then I'll be moving house! Many thanks

Very painful...but hanging in there...I will just excuse you🙂
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,150 Member
    Options
    The April Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 2nd. This week we're working on Nutrition Pinpoints to help us eat healthier meals. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887843/april-week-1-group-challenge-nutrition-pinpoints/p1?new=1

Hope you will join us!
    Jessica :blush:
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan I’d like to join the step challenge but it’s been super stormy so I’ve been using the exercise bike. Will that count? Could you please share the converter.

For this week I’ll pledge 7000 steps.

Thanks!🌸
  • Karlyblue
    Karlyblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @MSWarrior7088, Congratulations, on still being able to walking. Wishing you (and your husband) much success on your journey.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Karlyblue wrote: »
    Happy April, Looking forward to a new month and a new challenge.

A little about myself, I just turned 60 years old last month, single and I'm also disabled and use a wheelchair chair to get around. Therefore, I'm unable to any exercise that requires walking at this time. I have to many health issues to mention. However, this will not prevent me from this weight-loss journey.

I'm not married (never have been/nor do I have any children) even though I have always loved and wanted them. I live alone with my two cats. I go to a lot of Drs appointments due to many health problems. My goals on this journey are #1 Reach a healthy weight for my height (6" 0 feet)
    #2 Improve the way I see and deal with what life brings my way.
    #3 Improve my overall health, to where I no longer require the use of a wheelchair. ( One can only hope to achieve this).
    #4 Learn to have a healthy relationship with food.

I also do intermittent fasting, mostly because I'm never hungry until in afternoon most times and I'm not a breakfast person. I'm not carb free, but most days are low carb, to help control my type 2 diabetes and hope one day to get off all my meds. Not just the diabetic ones ( I take 2 types of pills and 2 types of injections to control blood sugar, along with diet)

I want to be a more healthier and more energetic and a motivated person as I approach my senior years and hopefully they will be much better than the last few years. My weight loss goal is to reach at least 190 lb, so I have a little over 100 lb to go. Being in this group and not doing this all by myself, I believe will help me achieve my weigh-loss goals.

I'll be back later with my weight as Sunday is my weigh-in day. Hopefully, I've lost but, more likely I've gained. Doesn't really matter as long as I don't give up but, continue working on building new healthier habits.

Thanks, Karly

Hi Karly, we have a lot in common! I'm 60 this month and 18 months ago I couldn't exercise at all due to a knee injury. I had 2 choices, give up or tackle my weight problem! Well here I am 95lb lighter, regularly walking and swimming and feeling better than I have for 20 years!!! Its doable with the support of this group! I just kept asking myself which I wanted more .... my health or to eat things my body didn't need. Good luck on your journey
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Woooo! Time to rock April!

My name is Nacho.. I have only been around a few days but have already met some awesome people and I am excited to roll with yall.

I am starting at 630 lbs- the highest I have ever been. Foolishness and injury got me here, but I'm serious about finding my way out.

Thank you to everyone that has reached out and friended me up. Looking forward to getting to know everyone 😀

Congratulations on taking the first step! Welcome to our team
This discussion has been closed.