Downsizers Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @Mama530 If you pull weeds like I do you actually are in a squat hold the whole time you pull. Great gardening burn!

It was a great burn! Really got my heart pumping

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Monday 4/3

PW 237.6
    CW 237.2

Nice loss
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    Step Challenge
    My Round 6 (goal 12000)

4/02 8257 (lower steps due to swimming. But I read an hour of swimming translates to 10000 steps. So there's that lol)
    4/03 5793 Migraine
    4/04
    4/05
    4/06
    4/07
    4/08

I have a step conversion ...was your swimming, leisure, moderate effort, treading water or vigorous effort and for how long? leisure is 133 x how long ... moderate effort is 174 x how long...treading water is 49 x how long and vigorous effort is 222 x how long

Oh cool! I swam laps for 66 minutes with a few pauses in there so let's call it 60 mins. I have a snorkel I use so I don't have to concentrate on breathing. Love the silence and my ability to destress. This was my first time back in months so let's call it a leisurely pace. Thank you

I never thought of using a snorkel. I think I would end up with a mouthful of water. Sometimes I go a bit to low when doing the breast stroke. Do you have trouble with getting water in the snorkel when you turn your head when doing the front crawl?
    pauladner wrote: »

Fantastic loss! Is this a diet you plan to follow?

Hi Linda, thank you! Many years ago I followed the Dukan diet, and it worked for me very well until I stopped dieting. 🙄
    I know that dieting doesn't work for me, so I'm trying to stick with a healthier lifestyle.

I just googled the Dukan diet. Why do you need oat bran everyday?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,474
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️
    Log food:✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Good morning team! Made sure to move lots yesterday. Still not feeling the greatest. Getting my steps will be a challenge as I have a 4 hour silent retreat on zoom today. Not looking forward to 4 hours of meditation.

Question:
    If you don’t eat all your supper do you change your diary? For example, if you weighed your chicken but only ate half.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN :

Last week: 211, I think, but don't quote me on that.
    Today: 207.4
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options

@lindamtuck2018
    Weekly weigh-in

PW 3/01 218
    PW 3/08 218
    PW 3/15 216.8
    PW 3/22 216
    PW 3/29 214.8
    CW 4/05 214.6

Thank you for your reminders!

I LOVE the snorkel. I would sputter and choke and not exert enough energy or proper form without it. I, myself, do not turn my head when doing the breast stroke. I feel more comfortable keeping my face down at all times. But others do. I have never gotten water in even when I used to turn. I have the seago swim snorkel if you want an example. I swim at a new training facility built last year for competitions and nearly everyone practices with a snorkel. I highly recommend 👌
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @HASWLRS

Better late than never they say. I, too, just finished catching up on reading a few days worth of group posts. We look forward to having a party with you when you meet your goals as well as celebrating with you all the healthier choices you make along this journey, like getting yourself outside for your walk today. The weather here has been stormy and there was a very brief break in the rain and minimal amount of sun for a brief second and I considered getting dressed to go outside for a walk but I didn't so good on you for getting it done!

We all have struggles in this journey and I am happy you feel comfortable to share yours with us. That is what we are here for. Only 3 months of 2023 are done so you still have 9 months to work on your goals. We often look back and wish we had done more or started sooner or not made decisions that led us to regain lots of weight we previously lost but unfortunately none of us can go back so we go forward and do the best we can to make better choices the next time round. It is good that you are taking note of any progress made and I agree with you that coming back on MFP is a great way to kick start your weight loss journey again.

I, too, have problems with unhealthy eating when I bring temptations into my house. I had a grocery order delivered last night and I brought in less treats than some other orders but I still had 1 more junkfood item than I should have. I do best when it's not in the house at all and maybe one day I will accomplish that goal but right now I am working with allowing a few treats in and trying to eat them in moderation which sometimes I do and sometimes I don't and anyone who is a fit pal of mine will notice as I always post what I eat so when I have a junkfood binge I am open and honest as I need the accountability.

I don't drink so I don't have those calories to contend with but I would have eaten your pecan pie and pringles so I understand the difficulty in handling them in your house. There are times I have had another family member lock up or hide treats I buy and only give them to me in moderation so I don't overeat, which is easy to do when no one is watching! I agree that being able to confess on MFP to strangers is easier than to people we know. I actually used to have a limited number of people I knew in person as fit pals but eventually took them off my friends list as I found it held me back from being 100% open/honest/vulnerable and the times I have admitted to people I know I feel embarrassed, especially if they don't have the same struggle so on here, where more people understand or have experienced some of the same challenges and struggles, I keep it real. It also helps me when I eat as I think I don't want to post that I ate 6 cookies for everyone to read so I'll only eat 3. So thanks to those of you who read my food posts in the newsfeed!

From "your cheerleader", lol, as you called me before!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @inshapeCK I stand by my cheerleader comment. Thank you <3
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, Team Downsizers. I am late to the party, but I just finished reading the first seven pages of posts! I am feeling rather motivated by some of your stories! I have really been struggling lately, as in all of 2022. My goal was to turn it around in 2023, but it is already April and I have made no progress. Well, that's not true. I have come back to MFP, so that is the first indicator of some progress being made!

I really, really need to watch what foods I bring into the house. We went to a fundraising banquet/auction on Saturday. We ended up winning (translation"buying") a wagon full of booze, which came with some nuts and Pringles, and a pecan pie (separate item). Sunday, I was fine. My husband is home on Sundays. I ate differently, but I was still in my calorie range. Until he went to bed before me, that is. And then again while he was at work on Monday. I ate so much that I actually threw up in the evening, a few times. I believe the technical term for this is "rock bottom"; I thought I was pretty low, but apparently, I could go lower! People in my real life think I just had a little bug (even my husband). It is only through the anonymity of the internet that I can confess to all of you what really happened! And just so you know, I am not a big drinker at all. The alcohol is not my problem! We have no idea what we are going to do with all that booze. We are going to bring some of the wine and the coolers to Easter dinner this Saturday, for starters.

Tuesday I ended up going to work in the afternoon to stuff some customer statements and do some filing. I didn't eat anything until 5 pm, and stayed well within my range.

Today, it was supposed to be raining when I got up and it was supposed to rain all day. It wasn't (and isn't!) so I actually went for a two mile walk before I even had my first coffee!! There is nowhere to go but up from rock bottom!!

I'm glad you're here!
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

PW 189.6
    CW 190.0

Ok I need your input here ...

3/15
    185.8 I was fasting...I do believe I was doing a 72 hour...so this wasn't a true weight in my opinion
    3/22
    188.8 I think was a true weight and the start of my nurture phase which means I could only fast for 13 hours... which I hated but I did it
    3/30
    4/5

So I only gained 1.2 pounds for the two weeks...which I'm thrilled...now tomorrow my cycle returns (yay ...back to fasting 🎉)

However when I do my extended fasts should I not weigh myself weekly because it really messes up the whole timeline of weight loss?

Looking at my timeline (I know it's been only a month since I started Fast like a Girl protocol) so far I'm really pleased with the results....I'm changing my diet for the better and making healthy decisions.

Joyce
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    MSWarrior7088

PW 189.6
    CW 190.0

Ok I need your input here ...

3/15
    185.8 I was fasting...I do believe I was doing a 72 hour...so this wasn't a true weight in my opinion
    3/22
    188.8 I think was a true weight and the start of my nurture phase which means I could only fast for 13 hours... which I hated but I did it
    3/30
    4/5

So I only gained 1.2 pounds for the two weeks...which I'm thrilled...now tomorrow my cycle returns (yay ...back to fasting 🎉)

However when I do my extended fasts should I not weigh myself weekly because it really messes up the whole timeline of weight loss?

Looking at my timeline (I know it's been only a month since I started Fast like a Girl protocol) so far I'm really pleased with the results....I'm changing my diet for the better and making healthy decisions.

Joyce

I know it’s a bit frustrating but it sounds like you’re having great NSVs. I think you may need to give it a few months to see the pattern. I was hesitant to join this group because of the weekly weigh in because I tend to fluctuate a lot at certain phases and because of that usually only weigh once a month. I haven’t tried any fasting techniques but interested in how it relates to your cycle. I’ve read about certain foods to eat during certain phases but haven’t tried any of it. Will have to look up the fasting book. I know I’m not any help here but give your body a little more time to adjust to this new way and trust the process. You will get there!

• HASWLRS
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hello, Team Downsizers. I am late to the party, but I just finished reading the first seven pages of posts! I am feeling rather motivated by some of your stories! I have really been struggling lately, as in all of 2022. My goal was to turn it around in 2023, but it is already April and I have made no progress. Well, that's not true. I have come back to MFP, so that is the first indicator of some progress being made!

I really, really need to watch what foods I bring into the house. We went to a fundraising banquet/auction on Saturday. We ended up winning (translation"buying") a wagon full of booze, which came with some nuts and Pringles, and a pecan pie (separate item). Sunday, I was fine. My husband is home on Sundays. I ate differently, but I was still in my calorie range. Until he went to bed before me, that is. And then again while he was at work on Monday. I ate so much that I actually threw up in the evening, a few times. I believe the technical term for this is "rock bottom"; I thought I was pretty low, but apparently, I could go lower! People in my real life think I just had a little bug (even my husband). It is only through the anonymity of the internet that I can confess to all of you what really happened! And just so you know, I am not a big drinker at all. The alcohol is not my problem! We have no idea what we are going to do with all that booze. We are going to bring some of the wine and the coolers to Easter dinner this Saturday, for starters.

Tuesday I ended up going to work in the afternoon to stuff some customer statements and do some filing. I didn't eat anything until 5 pm, and stayed well within my range.

Today, it was supposed to be raining when I got up and it was supposed to rain all day. It wasn't (and isn't!) so I actually went for a two mile walk before I even had my first coffee!! There is nowhere to go but up from rock bottom!!

I'm glad you're here!

@NachDeezy I am glad to be here with you!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Excellent loss!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw:252.2
    Cw:249.2 :)