Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    @reshii_devi
    The step challenge is just a fun little extra thing, mostly to push yourself and maybe get you moving a bit more. It isn't a competition between groups, though our team does pretty well I think!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    e5j9svbripv1.jpg
    Hi @Jlswensen and @eahrenee and welcome to the Shape Shifters team! We're glad you found us!! On behalf of myself, our other Captain @pupowl and our two Motivators, @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28, we hope you find this team to be a great source of inspiration and encouragement for your journey!

Please take a few minutes and introduce yourself to everyone and then go back to page one of this thread and get to know us a little. Please read the FAQ file as well on pg 1 and that will answer many of your questions. If there's something you want to know and you don't find it there, just post your questions and I'm sure several people will chime in to help.

Again, welcome and good luck in April! What's your first big goal?! Looking forward to celebrating with you as you meet your milestones in April and beyond!

Take care,
    Jessica :blush:
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Jlswensen @eahrenee
    Welcome to our lovely team! Thank you for writing an introduction. I always enjoy reading a little about the person behind the username. I hope you will both find this group helpful and I wish you good luck on your journey to better health. <3
  • Pupowl
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Wednesday ~ April 5
    Sleep: 8h 51m ~ 83 score
    Steps: 16.065
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had another pretty boring day. I contacted my dad to see when he could come over to help put in new plants. I ordered a bunch yesterday which was quite the expense again. The earliest I can get them delivered is the 22nd, so we have to wait a bit. When those plants are all settled, most of my garden will be done. I still have one really annoying area in the backyard that I don't know what to do with. It is going to take a lot of work to make that look nice. The previous owner put in really heavy concrete beams which make no sense at all, so I want those gone. I would really love a wildlife pond, but again, a lot of work and money. A flower meadow would also be nice. Well, I will worry about it later. I did my duolingo lessons in the evening and the rest of the day was gaming and listening to music. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Here is the card for today.
    8sz7dd87tr5h.jpg
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the birthday wishes, you lovely people ❤️
    I had a great birthday and celebrated with my husband on Monday. We went to a very nice restaurant with levantine cuisine.

Big birthday open house coming up on Saturday. We don‘t have a huge apartment so I invited everyone to drop in whenever they like in the hopes of arrivals spreading out throughout the day and thus always having enough seats for all guests 😅

What happened to Jessica? I thought I read up on all of last week‘s posts, but I obviously missed something. Def have to check in here more often during the week.

@jessicakrall8 I send you lots and lots of good thoughts for a quick recovery ❤️‍🩹

@Pupowl Love that you’re posting Tinus every now and then. He is just adorable ☺️
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Welcome all new members I wish you success in meeting your goals.You have come to the right place for encouragement & support.
    My steps
    4/4 13 324
    4/5 18,288
    4/6 12,324
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @izzyred9400
    Can you double check the dates for your steps? The 6th is still in progress. :smiley: So we need from the 2nd until the 5th for now. Thank you!
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @reshii_devi
    The step challenge is just a fun little extra thing, mostly to push yourself and maybe get you moving a bit more. It isn't a competition between groups, though our team does pretty well I think!

Ok cool ~ that makes me feel a tiny bit better about not meeting my 7goal yesterday. A nap turned into full slumber, lol

April 5 - 7,360
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone and welcome new members!

@Jlswensen good luck on your 10K! When is your race?

@PatriceFitnessPal congrats on your weight loss! I know you've been frustrated, but in a way, maintenance is harder. You have come so far! It's an inspiration!

Today and tomorrow are my last two days of wrapping things up at the house before we start our travels Saturday morning. We drive to Boulder to give the dogs to our daughter to watch, and then Sunday we fly to Lisbon. We wont arrive until Monday morning. I'm very excited about the trip as I'm going to some places I've never been, but I'm a little anxious about back tracking on my weight loss over the past 3 months.

I've been waffling on my half marathon I'm signed up for at the beginning of June. I have been running, but not training - no consistent long runs - but I talked to my cousin who is running and she's convinced me to do it. So, once I'm back from my trip, I'm going to need to start running more. Hopefully it will have warmed up enough I can run outside. Currently, its 4 degrees and it snowed for the past 3 so my running path will be icy. Treadmill for me today!

@jessicakrall8 - I can send a personal message also, but after tomorrow's weigh-in, I will need to be excused for the next two weeks. Even if the hotels have scales, they might be in KG not LBS !
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose - It's actually this Saturday - the Crescent City Classic. While it is considered a "race" I'm taking it more of a completion challenge :D the furthest I've fun so far has been 4.5 miles, so 6.2 is a bit of a stretch goal. I'm planning on doing run/walk intervals.

Good luck on your half and enjoy your travels!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose I hope you have a wonderful trip. When we were traveling for 2 weeks in Europe last year we both came home lighter than when we left. We were super active walking and exploring so I'm sure that helped. The food was wonderful, we enjoyed appetizers and desserts and lots of beer. I think it's a combination of the walking and the lack of processed foods.

Have an amazing time!!!! Post pictures please if you are comfortable with it.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal congratulations on the loss this week!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @Jlswensen If you've gone 4.5, you'll definitely finish. The motivation of the crowd will push you through. You'll run faster than you expect to as well! Have a wonderful time! Everyone who finishes is racing!

I
  • reshii_devi
    reshii_devi Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 235.7
    CW (Current Weight): 235.4

4/5: 7,360 steps
    4/6: 9,211 steps

Busy work day started at 7am. Glued to my desk until 4:30pm, no time or energy for morning or afternoon workouts, and no desire to eat until this evening.

Had 5 cups of coffee between 8 and 1pm; not enough water and purchased a salad after walking / running / yoga workout early evening. Salad was mixed greens, cucumber, cherry tomato, black beans, grilled chicken, feta cheese, red onion, sliced almonds and croutons. Only ate half and an orange.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Thursday ~ April 6
    Steps: 15.609
    Sleep: 8h 7m ~ 83 score
    Good morning Shape Shifters. A pretty quiet day here. I got the first part of my order delivered. A lot of wooden posts and mesh for the fence. I tidied up the garage a little to make some room for all the stuff. I am getting the second delivery today which is going to be a lot.
    For the past two weeks or so I have been listening to music non stop. It is awesome! I am not a fan of social media, but I think youtube is the best thing ever. It is a never ending rabbit hole where you can find awesome song after awesome song. Yesterday I discovered the music from 'the Prince of Egypt'. I have no idea how I didn't see that movie as a child. I sent my mom the opening song, and she didn't know it either. I guess I will watch it as an adult instead. I especially like 'Deliver Us' and 'the Plagues'. I found a choir from Taiwan singing the first one which I really loved. https://youtu.be/Ig-4StuBfSE And here is 'the Plagues' for anyone interested: https://youtu.be/Bcg5rN-jlaw I guess I will continue on the music high today. I am not sure how much longer it will last, but I am enjoying myself while it does.
    I will put two pictures of Tinus from yesterday under the spoiler. Happy Friday everyone <3
    pxwtun3pgenl.jpg
    21sdoyc0yq45.jpg

• Pupowl
    Options
    Here is the daily card!
    o6hiombaco6h.jpg
This discussion has been closed.