Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Just finished reading and catching up with everyone's posts.

@GabiV125 love your morning coffee buddy. Congrats on your loss!

@trooworld with food tracking I do the same thing. If I can't make a recipe for it I find the closest one in the database. I am having the same problem with Diesel when it comes to other people and dogs. He is not a social dog. I'm hoping to find a trainer I like soon to help me with him.

@micaroo4 We have been having some weather here causing my arthritis and stiffness to flare up. Light stretching is supposed to be good for that.

@DrewsAnna I hope you are starting to feel better. It seems like it is one thing after another that trys to set us back when looking weight. I love your buddy.

@Katmary71 I hope today is a better day for you. Glad your friend is ok.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on your loss! I'm sorry your day did not go as planned. I hope you are better today and you can catch up on what was not done yesterday. Vannie is so cute!

@AustinRuadhain CONGRATULATIONS ON 60LBS GONEGlad you enjoyed your time with family. Some times disconnecting from the world is a good thing.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I LOVE the pic of you and your daughter and DIL.

@Jactop Congrats on your loss!

@shaunair83 Congrats on your loss!

We are having a mild winter again 🙏Please for the last time. Let's Spring, SPRING!
    We have so much going on here at the house.
    I have made some adjustmentsfor this month and we will see how things go.

My hubby made a comment about Diesel putting on weight so I broke down last night and charge up Sansa's Fitbark. But unfortunately we are in for rain the next to days so we will have to see how lazy he can be.😂🤣😂 I can sync my fit bit to his and compare our activity. Not much more happening here so have a great day.

🌺Kindness is like coffee☕

🌿It awakens your spirit
    and improves your day.🌿

🌞GOOD MORNING!

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I love that quote
    @txcritter69 you must be a fellow Canadian. We just had another big dump of snow and things are starting to warm up here too. I'm so excited for next week. We have double digit temperatures coming (Celsius, about 63 F) which is AMAZING! I hope it doesn't change.

I am going to have to do a bit of extra exercise today. I'm already not looking good with my diary and know I'm going to go over my allotted calories. Plus there are chocolate eggs near my desk. I'm trying to tell myself to stop and remind myself what too much chocolate does to me (in more ways than one). I'm still struggling a bit with late snacking, but I think I'm going to make a 'snackle box' or 'muchable' like the others. My husband typically does the grocery shopping, so it will likely be better if I made a trip to get what I want. Looking forward to a long weekend with nice weather (hopefully). Enjoy!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @katmary71 sorry, I did not explain myself well last night at all. The scallop potatoes were for Easter Sunday dinner :-). I always make those ahead of time as I make such a mess! If you were doing a lot of venting yesterday, it must’ve been a tough day, I hope your Thursday was better!

@DrewsAnna I sure hope that medicine speeds your recovery along! I love your best buddy, what a sweetie♥️

@micaroo4 glad your migraine is gone, so sorry about your feet and ankles.

@trooworld that sounds like a great solution with your tracker!

@GabiV125 your coffee partner is beautiful! I cannot even be imagine the temperature being in the 80s at this time of year!!

I feel much better today! Those darn grapes!! I was able to get to the gym this morning, which was nice. I got everything accomplished that I wanted to do yesterday, so I am feeling back in the groove again.
    I am not good with chocolate being in the house and me not eating it. I am making a chocolate trifle for dessert on Sunday and going to decorate the top with some mini Lindt chocolate Easter bunnies and mini chocolate Easter eggs, I am trying to ignore that whole situation (I think I hear them calling my name from the kitchen). 🤣
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 - you are tearing it up with the weight loss this month- Congrats! What are you doing different?

Been keeping up with everyone's posts, but not posting. :( Time to finish my coffee and go do my stretching.

Happy Friday- Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    If you need to get your stretch challenge done, here's a 20 min routine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjBndqx4n0
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 232
    CW: 233
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! I love your coffee buddy, very pretty! What's his/her name? My sister-in-law has a black cat named Sweetie.

@txcritter69 I think it will work out a lot better than not tracking at all. I hope you can find a trainer for Diesel, I hope it works for both of us! It's very stressful to walk Violet, I know you probably feel the same. I'm so ready for spring. Yesterday was nice here. I had to look up the Fitbark, that looks cool. I hope the rain passes you by quickly.

@sleepygirl79 Me too. Good luck with your snackle / munchable box, I hope it helps!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you are feeling better. Yay for a good day! I would have a hard time with that in the house, too.

@shaunarlr83 I'm glad you are doing better. It sounds like you are doing awesome. It can be a struggle, getting used to a new job and trying to get healthy, and you are doing it girl!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss!

@AmbersWay It was all fun and good stuff! I had to look up Fitbark, too, as I wasn't familiar with it but @txcritter69 mentioned it. It looks like it is a GPS tracker and fitness monitor for pets? www.fitbark.com OH my, that new medication is realy kicking your butt, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to sit down before you fell. I'm so sorry that happened. Do you think you should talk to your doctor about this? Good goals, great no zeros! Congrats on the NSV with the gown!

Hi all. I'm certainly doing better than I have been lately but I have a long way to go. I am eating okay for the most part: I can tell because I'm taking less Prilosec. I'm walking a bit more with the two dogs (they aren't easy to walk, either btw!). I'm hoping to get some activity in this weekend. Yesterday, I spent ~2 hours cleaning the kitchen. Have a great Friday!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz), had a healthy breakfast and dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay my bacon bits butter didn't turn out quite right. It's still usable though.
    I cooked down a package of chopped bacon. I slow cooked it to try and get as much moisture out of it without burning the bacon bits. I turned the heat off and added butter and stirred. Then let it cool. When solid again I put into jars and put them into the fridge. The idea is to snack on it to up my fat macros but I'll probably use it for cooking my eggs since the flavor is off a bit. I'll make more when this batch is gone.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda thanks for the video 💐

@trooworld thanks for the fitbark info. I have Puppy who is going through a chunky phase. She’s quite spoiled by everyone around.

I’ve been on this medication for iver a year. Some weeks I am pretty good and some just flip my world. I have discussed it with my doctor, he said I have to tough it out. I’m on the lowest dose. I take half of what he initially prescribed. I’m praying all goes well with my next MRI and they might wean me off of it for a while to see how things go. Thankfully, these feelings come and go during the day. So when it lets up, I get things done. I have weights and stretching to do and some laundry to fold. 😂 goals.

That’s great that you’re lessening the Prilosec due to eating better. If I eat greasy or tomato based foods, tums becomes my best friend. 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours in the kitchen. Oh I so need to do that. The tops of my cabinets need a cleaning. Ugh.

@19shmoo69 ok the butter sounds great. Bacon bits in butter sounds even better. I always save my bacon grease, makes the best eggs and fried potatoes.
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 @trooworld You must post your snacklebox updates! Is it weird that I'm very fascinated by what's in someone else's munchbox? lol Today I did cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, klamata olives, artichoke hearts, almonds, celery, and carrots for a little Mediterranean theme.

@trooworld @Katmary71 Katmary, you said you're adding it to your list and Trooworld liked it, but I wanted to say it reminded me a LOT of The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. If either of you liked either book, I think you will also love the other.

@GabiV125 What a BEAUTY! Loved seeing your coffee partner. What's his/her name? I have a little tuxedo who is darling but always wanted a pure black shorthair with green eyes to call Bastet :D

Thanks for the prayers to the garden gods! The garden gods provided and the line he broke was one we could do without, so we capped it. Avocado tree is in, looking a little sad, hopefully just in shock. My husband is doting on it like an injured child. They seem to be especially picky and wimpy trees in their younger years so... we wait and see.

Keto-paleo recipe share from last night: Husband and I found a clearance sale on LAMB awhile back, which we had frozen (it's usually toooo much $$$). We decided to try a middle eastern style dish my grandma used to make. She'd salt/pepper and sear the chops with lots of onions and bell peppers, then add garlic & stewed tomatoes and simmer on low for like 2 hours, or until it fell off the bone. Of course she served hers over a buttery rice pilaf BUT it also makes a rich, delicious topping for a big bowl of cauliflower rice. We also added carrots and mushrooms to add more veggies.

It turned out AMAZING. If you want more middle eastern flair, you can sprinkle some tsumac powder, fresh cilantro, raw onions, and a dollop of cucumber yogurt on top for some brightness.

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating this weekend. May you stay strong in the face of whatever decadent treats await you! (Stay strong in the face of the basket of rolls, if that's your poison!)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 229.2
    +3.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @AmbersWay That's what Daisy is like, spoiled spoiled spoiled and hates walks. I hope you can get weaned off that med but it's good you've spoken with your doctor. Yeah, I eat Prilosec like candy when I'm not on my healthy plan. :( I am embarrassed to say, but most of that 2 hours was in the refrigerator. Have you ever spilled stuff under the drawers on the bottom of the fridge and it becomes hard and stuck on? That's what I was dealing with!

@fairymange I don't think that's weird at all, it gives you ideas! Yours sounds amazing! I haven't read The Glass Castle but keep meaning to. Good luck with the avocado tree, that's a great tree to have! I'm glad your recipe turned out well. We are having a big Easter lunch on Sunday, I think. Either that or Saturday.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a decent amount of water (75 oz), had a healthy breakfast and dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    @shaunarir83 I used to put a lot of pressure on myself as well to be perfect with logging etc. I would do different challenges and when I wasn’t perfect it just really stressed me out and I didn’t do well. I very seldom join challenges anymore and just stick to the basics, that seems to be the ticket for me. not perfect but always giving it the good old college try. I’m glad that your month is going so much better!

@Cornanda it sounds like you have been having a busy time, congrats on the stretching! Congrats on the loss!

@fairymange your snack box sounds delicious!

@trooworld it sounds like there is not ever going to be a dull moment in your house between Daisy and Violet🤣. Does Violet bark a lot when you take her out on walks? There is a guy in our neighbourhood who walks three small long-haired dogs, I’m really not sure what they are. The whole time he is walking them they are talking, to the rest of us it’s hilarious, you always know exactly where he is and can hear him coming from blocks away.🤣

Most of my day was spent cleaning and doing some prep for Sunday dinner. I am trying to be really organized this time, I am usually racing right up to the last moment before everybody gets here and I’m exhausted lol. Vannie and I just did a couple of walks today for exercise, otherwise it has just been in the house. Last night was not a terrific sleep night so my energy is not that great.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @fairymange what a blessing that the pipe could be capped. I laughed at the image of your husband babying the tree. My husband is doing that with olive trees at the moment.

Your lamb chops sound great! I do something similar but with liver and serve with pita bread (for the family). Everyone should try onions with sumac, it’s such a nice addition. I will have to use cilantro next time, instead of parsley. Now you have me hungry 😋

@trooworld yes and yes! The bottom of the fridge can really collect some craziness. Kids will spill and not pay attention. This week hubby knocked over the soy sauce bottle and it was everywhere. From top to bottom. 😳

Violet is like Puppy. 😂 I am afraid to go far on a walk because I can’t carry her and I don’t want to go viral for trying to drag her home. She’s more of a roll over and rub my tummy gal. I love her so much. She’s my vocal pooch. Every time I go out and return, she sings me the song of her people. (Poor neighbors). If I travel, she will flip her fluffy butt in circles, when I return. I told my kids, she’s getting my diamonds for inheritance unless they start doing flips when I get home. 🤣🤣🤣

@laurelfit57 I hope you get a good nights rest and enjoy Sunday dinner.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the nice words about my diva of a cat. She’s almost 12 yo, her name is Blue, she’s very smart and clearly outranks the dog.
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @GabiV125 - you are tearing it up with the weight loss this month- Congrats! What are you doing different?
    Happy Friday- Lisa

Well Lisa, this year started with medical issues one after another, granted not in my immediate family, but close enough to feel like it is. To deal with it I took a long walk one evening (1.5-2h) and since I slept a little better, did it again next evening. It’s been about 6 weeks of repetition and I figured I get about 150 calories from it. The real win is not being home during my 5+ snack night routine 😁.
    Fancy- shmancy , right?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Adorable best buddy, what is that toy?

@micaroo4 I hope your feet and ankles feel better. Yep you started the stretching challenge, you have to at least do a little now!

@trooworld Thank you! As for the novel it's hard to explain, there's the connection to reading the previous book and the concept is interesting, it reminds me of a book you think is average but you'll flash back on things from it through the years if that makes sense. I think your tracking is a great idea, it's tough especially with not eating at home to estimate things. Love the meme, that's exactly how I was feeling when I joined here as I was going downhill fast NOT doing anything.

@GabiV125 OMG beautiful kitty! I love black cats, I wanted to get one when I ended up adopting mine then my last boyfriend had one that I loved, I was thinking it was fate but nah (loving his two cats was the best thing about that relationship).

@txcritter69 Thank you! I'm with you, bring the Spring! So tired of rain, been a heck of a winter.

@sleepygirl79 Going shopping yourself sounds like a good idea if he tends to not pick healthy things. Chocolate eggs would be super tempting!

@laurelfit57 I'm not good with chocolate in the house either. We should get tips from @Jactop who worked in a chocolate factory, not sure if she still does but I think at the slightest stress I'd lose control there and end up in a diabetic coma. The few times I worked around food they were things that were real good (cookies and pizza). Are you going to let yourself have some or try to abstain?

@shaunarlr83 LOL I was thinking the handy man would be great for my neighbor to get back in the dating pool or have a little fun! Maybe THAT is why she has him staining the fences next, I need to blast some Marvin Gaye or Luther Vandross next time they're talking. You sound like you're doing great, not being perfect is a great way to still do a lot and stay on track. I'm pretty all-or-nothing and my SIL started saying with things (Wayne Dyer books were what the topic was then) that she takes what makes sense to her and tries it out in her life instead of trying to do everything. I'd always try to do everything and go hardcore then get tired and give up defeated, it's real freeing to do SOME and let that be enough.

@Cornanda hugs my friend, you're doing amazing!

@AmbersWay Huge hug, medication side effects suck, I'm so sorry to hear how hard it was for you last night. Crying like that DOES help sometimes! Would you possibly be able to go down a bit on the medication if you don't adapt to side effects? Funny you said that about the group challenge, I wasn't sure what the final decision was so I just added about 5 minutes more to my stretching routine all week and it is helping. Dumbbells, Sydney Cummings was one on YouTube I used to do as well as HASFit and Carolyn Girvan have good ones too, I'll private message you a 30 minute Arm Burner workout so you can be “Summertime Fine” ! (three snaps in a Z formation if your arm isn't too tired!)

Hi team! I had a charity meeting at a new restaurant that has pasta and brews and ate and drank way too much (their Screw Cancer hard cider was yummy which was blackberry and raspberry then I tried a passionfruit guava one). We had a good turnout of new people wanting to volunteer then I love the main people, I consider them friends at this point. My relationship is on the rocks and I've been through it this week with the pain clinic, I'm not relaxing on the latter until I get my medication as the last few days have been so ridiculous with one thing after another that I was screaming in my car to let off steam before my hair appointment when they didn't call for my appointment for a second time AFTER I went in person and was about to burst into tears on my hair stylist. I talked to the flaky PA in the middle of my appointment and he could only refill prescriptions and my appointment was a med refill and getting to the next step with the spinal cord stimatulator (one step in 6 months is insane so no I won't wait until my next appointment) then I got a text that clarification on a prescription was needed or it wouldn't be filled so that was 2 more calls and you can only leave recordings. I left a message after those saying I wanted to cancel my next appointment with that PA and never want to see him again but may go in person Monday to deal with it to make sure he's not involved with my care ever again. OK time to go read for a bit and relax, not sure if it will be dry enough to go to the farm tomorrow but I could sure use it! Have a great Saturday!

Since it's almost Easter what are you plans for it? I'm going to enjoy the day then get back to it as far as food but will still work out. I tried to stay healthy on holidays and once I eat one thing I'm trying not to eat I stuff my face so I eat less if I enjoy the day versus being perfect.

No Zero Days
    ate under calories
    good water/tea
    worked out (arm cardio, stretching, strength)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    Username: Micaroo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 125.8
    CW: 126.2

A gain is desired at this point; I'm still below my goal range of 127-133.

I did my 15 minutes of stretching for the week, all in one go, and on the very last day. Not really in the spirit of the challenge! What I really NEED to do it stretch every day. Not 15 minutes, but maybe 5. Or even 2. But I need to get CONSISTENT about stretching.

-Mica
This discussion has been closed.