Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 138.6
    CW 138.6

Everyone seems to be doing well with weight loss @frankwbrown @CasandraW @SavageMrsMoose @Jlllswenson & @PatriceFitnessPal glad the scales are moving in the right direction well done all.
    @CasandraW it must be great to have a personalised plan for eating & exercise.I hope you can find a way to fit it in with family meals.I like cooking but I end up doing different meals for people & sometimes at different times,so annoying.
    @SavageMrsMoose enjoy your trip to Portugal & beyond,cant wait to see wher you get to.
    @cre804 I share your frustration but dont let the scales get you down,at least it wasnt a gain.I take it the spill was on your new carpet ? I have the same worry on my new carpet on the stairs & bedrooms,I have a no shoes rule but I'm sure my 2 son's dont always follow it.
    @Pupowl I had a listen to your clips I too love a good choir.My sister is in 2 choirs she never thought she could sing but loves it now.I go to her concerts they are a good choir.Good luck on improvements to your back yard.We have more or less fnished our home improvements inside but the outside needs doing.Thats the next job when the weather improves.
    Have a great Saturday all.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Betty decided it was NOT the day for me to sleep in this morning, but she's too cute to get mad at about it! I mean, I just wanted an extra hour...is that too much to ask for?!! Does Tinus ever do that to you?!! Perhaps you're a morning person though, and sleeping in is rare for you?! In any case, I got up and did a few things around the house...checked in on here and caught up a few weigh-ins...not sure what my day is going to be like yet...it rained all day yesterday and appears it may do that again today...annoying...and chilly outside...only in the 50s and two days ago, it was in the 80s...UGH...rain is annoying.

I'm going to take a listen to that song you posted...I too love a good choir...anything with good vocals and I'm in...especially great harmonies. I'll post after I give it a listen...

Gotta go check the weather and make up my mind what I'm gonna do today. Need to get a few supplies at the store for one thing.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
    Jessica
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @Jlswensen I’m in Springfield too! Former New Yorker, but have been here since 2000. We’re moving to Miami this Fall. Had enough of the cold! Lol
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 164.0

It feels SO good to be not traveling and back on track!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 , having been a tabby cat momma, get used to waking up. They're routine cats as well as snuggles.
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh Day Tuesday
    PW 217.8
    CW 216.8
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late post this week. I had a last minute trip come up earlier this week and then had a niece get married last night. So lots of wedding activities.

Welcome to all the new folks, I'm Julie from Keller, Texas (Part of the DFW metroplex). I'm 55, married with a son who is a freshman at Texas Tech. I'm focused on losing weight and working on getting healthy.

Picture from the wedding last night.
    gatkatmcmzci.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    The April Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 9th. Please join us for Question Week, giving us a chance to look at past and present behaviors and make changes. We'll open ourselves up to questions from the list provided or bring thoughts/questions of our own to discuss. Looking forward to lively discussion this week and great conversations. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10888266/april-week-2-group-challenge-question-week#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Just posted the link to this coming week's Group Challenge. This one is great for newbies and experienced members alike...giving you the opportunity to discuss issues, ask questions and just share where you are in your weight loss journey.

I'd love to see more of my Shape Shifters participate in the challenge, as I've seen lots of questions in here lately. It's just another resource for support.

Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/4 4,738
    4/5 6,724
    4/6 3,981
    4/7 4,809
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    xp52u74tbb9c.gif
    Currently missing 5 weigh-ins from this week. Please report in as stats begin early on Sunday morning, as you know...

@brttny7979
    @angmarie28
    @mikilana23
    @KHill875
    @kodakslim

@reshii_devi Could I get your first name for the Step Challenge chart please? Thanks!

All walkers, please post your steps from April 3rd to current...thanks for helping us stay current!
    Jessica
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    @nancyinmo - enjoy the move to Florida! At some point, my husband and I might move there too, but for now we're still in the rat race. :-)
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 144.0
    CW: 143.2

3/31 - 12,440
    4/1 - 9,396
    4/2 - 5,973
    4/3 -15,791
    4/4 - 17,135
    4/5 -11,587
    4/6 -11,563
    4/7 -11,173

It has rained a lot this week, so my steps have been lower then I would like.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 How cool that your sister is enjoying choirs now. I think singing is a skill like anything else, so you can get better at it. There are also a lot of health benefits linked to singing which is pretty neat!
    @jessicakrall8 Oh no, sorry Betty made you get up! Tinus is usually okay at letting me sleep, but I get up early anyway. Sometimes he comes upstairs screaming, and then he will sit next to my pillow for some cuddles. He never meows for very long. I am really bad at staying in bed once I wake up. It makes me feel restless and lazy, so I usually get up within 30 minutes or so. My morning routine is also pretty centered around Tinus and I feel bad if I get up late! So once it is light, I am probably out of bed.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Saturday ~ April 8
    Sleep: 9h 1m ~ 85 score
    Steps: 18.196
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yesterday was really busy and my entire body is sore this morning. I was expecting my dad in the evening, so when the doorbell rang at 8:45 in the morning, I was very surprised to see my dad. Seems he mistakenly wrote evening instead of morning in Whatsapp. A bit dumb of me as well not to question it, since he has never showed up in the evening before! Anyway, I have no life so it wasn't a problem. We started by yanking out all the overgrown shrubs that have been bothering me for a loooong time. I will post a picture of it, though I don't really have a recent one so it was even worse yesterday. Everything in red got pulled out.
    7uh0u195et19.jpg
    2c22nrfahok9.jpg
    I kept one rhododendron, though we still had to dig it up because it was in the middle of the fence line so we moved it a bit. Hopefully it will be fine and keep growing. After all the shrubs were out, we took some time to figure out what kind of hinges and screws etc we were still missing. We took a quick trip to the store to get everything and then we continued on. I am so glad my dad is such a strong and hard worker. I couldn't have done half of what he did in twice the amount of time. He dug 26 holes for the wood posts which was really hard work since we only had a manual tool that you need to turn around and around while also putting pressure on it. When he was finished with the hole, I would hammer in the pole and fill up the dirt around it. Then we put in a cute little gate and attached the mesh. We also put up two wooden climbing racks for my clematis. I had rope netting, but the rope was breaking everywhere, so I decided to replace it with something that should hopefully last a bit longer. We worked until like 15:35. There is still some stuff left, but we for sure got the worst bit of it done. The rest is sorting out a gate for the driveway, replacing the door to the backyard and putting in the new plants when they show up the 22nd. Some of the posts on the side are higher than others. Because there were a lot of roots in the ground, it was hard to get deep enough with the tool. So next time we will also be sawing off the tops of those posts so they are all pretty much the same height.
    I am really happy with the fence, I think it looks nice. The birds are safer, cats and dogs can't fit through the mesh, but hedgehogs should still be able to. Anyway, that's the garden update for now. I was really exhausted yesterday and even forgot to do my Duolingo lessons! Happy Sunday everyone <3
    lpczhcbakyd9.jpg
    gskoleohzxcc.jpg
    nh3cpu95a5n7.jpg

• Pupowl
    Options
    Here is the card for today
    3jxosg6wqcvq.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @cre804 - It’s so disappointing when something like that happens!! I hope you can make it up to yourself. I can imagine that feeling - getting comfortable and then relaxing with a refreshing drink - but then having to clean up a mess instead. 😣 Please be extra kind to yourself and do something special that feels just for you.

@Pupowl - Wow! 🤩 You accomplished so much in such a short time. I’m impressed! I need a hot bath and a nap just thinking about all that work! I hope you enjoy your day, basking in your sense of accomplishment.

@TexanMom8152 - I’m so glad you were able to spend time with your son and celebrate your family. Thanks for sharing the family photo. It’s great — your love for one another shines through!

I appreciate your encouragement of last week’s tiny (but beginning!) shift down @izzyred9400 and thank you for the weekly challenges to keep the momentum going into the future @jessicakrall8! Be well Shape Shifters!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Pupowl - I agree that singing is a skill we can improve but those acapella singers were born with much higher quality ‘instruments’ than I have — Wow! Such beautiful and unique voices! 🤩 I like all types of music so I’ve been enjoying all the selections shared.

My sons watched the Prince of Egypt movie at some point and I remember wondering when it had been released because I had never heard of it before they discovered it — maybe it was replayed on television? I found out it was made in 1998, before they were born, and I didn’t pay as much attention to animated productions at that time. I was also very busy that year, working as a middle school teacher, attending university classes, and also working at an organization as part of the requirements for my doctoral degree.

In retrospect, I really don’t know how I worked that much because my students needed a lot of support outside the regular instruction time but it was very rewarding and purposeful so I guess that gave me energy. I left classroom teaching before my son was born in 2000 because I would never have been able to add more sleep deprivation to the daily equation. Life is a bit more balanced now because I pulled back from a lot of community volunteer commitments during the pandemic.

I miss working directly with young people now but I plan to volunteer more once I finish my downsizing and decluttering work at home — better get to it!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4fl5gdxok07e.png
    rnuhjsn0ttdk.png

Before we get to the results, I want to take a second to sprinkle some science on you:

A pound is approximately 3500 calories. Gained or lost, that does not change. Seeing a whoosh, in either direction, from time to time, is typically indicative of water weight.
    And water weight? That's a sign that your body is processing what you have put into it, whether that be filtering salt and sugar, repairing muscles, filtering toxins, pushing through illness, etc.
    Your body does not know that you are trying to lose fat, it just wants to keep you alive. That's all.

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    t7r5027u1rvz.png

By Pounds
    b7hy2me958jv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b3ajs4rumjef.png

By Pounds
    haw7fdhu0pqy.png
    qj99h973x02r.png