Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in Day Saturday
    PW 228.6
    CW 228.8

I’m going to classify this as staying the same lol. Rough week trying to stay on track and I know it has to do with not coming on here and seeing all you guys. I have tracked this week and did my water and steps but no exercise and no you guys. I now for sure know I can’t do this by myself. I need you all.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 You are right! It's "the pug circus" all the time lol. Violet barks on walks when she sees people, less so with dogs but yes still barks at dogs. It really depends on how close the people/dogs are. The other night, she was barking at this pug ceramic figure we have in our bedroom lol. That's funny about the guy in your neighborhood lol! On the advice of our dog trainer, we are taking Violet to the park today where she does the training while a class is going on. We will walk around the class and see if she can handle it, we are trying to get her into a group class if she can calm down a bit. I hope you sleep better tonight. Good luck with the rest of the prep!

@AmbersWay Yeah and you don't even know that stuff has spilled in the bottom of the fridge until you take out the drawers lol. Oh my! I wish I had kids to blame it on but I don't. I do have a husband that doesn't like to put the caps back on all the way on stuff so I'll blame him lol. The soy sauce mess sounds like a pain! Violet is very puppy-like in her actions for sure! Awwww, your pup sounds so cute! HAHAHA about the diamonds!

@Katmary71 I love passionfruit stuff, I don't know about hard cider, but I would probably like that. I'm glad you had a good turnout. I'm sorry about the stuff with the pain clinic. I'm glad you are standing up for yourself. I hope you get to go to the farm today. Easter: we are making food for Easter brunch. BUT...I am making ham, mac and cheese and green beans tonight for dinner. So, we'll have two days of Easter food lol. I'm just going to enjoy it and try to eat healthy the rest of the week.

@tammymccrady6278 I would call that a maintain, too. :) We need you too!!!

Hi all. Well, we officially adopted Violet last night. She's ours! Now, we do the hard work of modifying her, and our, behavior. I have a busy day ahead of me with lots of running around. I hope you have a good day! Pic of Violet giving me the stink eye for not playing with her while I was working from home lol.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Tracked 80% of what I ate.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

ysfd1vsggm9x.jpg
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!
    I did read everyone posts and would like to congratulate everyone who had a loss this week.

@trooworld CONGRATULATIONS on adopting Violet! The Fitbark is pretty cool. I bought it back when Sansa got run over by the ups truck. She fractured her pelvic bone. We were down 2 months before she was able to start walking again. It really helped me with monitoring her pain and activity. I have a trainer in mind jyst have to wait until we have the money put aside to start our bathroom remodeling job coming up in June.

@Katmary71 I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with the pain clinic. It's sad how place will treat you but want that money when it time for payment. Glad your charity meeting went well.

@sleepygirl79 unfortunately as @shaunair83 says our winters are no where like yours. I am in Texas. The closest we got to your winter was snow-vid back😂 in 21. The whole state shut down even the electric. 🤣

We just had a cold front move through and the temp drop into the 40s and 50s. Today we are back up to 70s.

@AmbersWay sorry to see you are having a hard time with medication. Hopefully you are doing better.

Unfortunately I have run out of time for now. Have to get house cleaned up before tomorrow We are having family over for Lunch or I my case early dinner. I only eat once a day.
    For those interested the Fitbark is very similar to a fitbit but for dogs and cats. Yes a GPS can be used with it with a subscription. I don't have that. But it does let me know if Diesel is meeting his goal on points for the day.12wrci02jgbh.jpg
    kmirlkkt8fw9.jpg it also will sync with fitbit so I can compare my day with his.

Will be a busy day tomorrow so will just post WI. I Will jump back in on Monday.
    Have a great day and 🐰HAPPY EASTER🐇 to everyone!

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:243.8
    CW:244.7
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW = 218
    CW = 215
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,110 Member
    Options
    The April Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 9th. Please join us for Question Week, giving us a chance to look at past and present behaviors and make changes. We'll open ourselves up to questions from the list provided or bring thoughts/questions of our own to discuss. Looking forward to lively discussion this week and great conversations. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10888266/april-week-2-group-challenge-question-week#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Way to go on getting the stretching in! I throw it at the end of my workouts, for some reason stretching or yoga is harder for me to get motivated for than cardio or weights but I agree it is worth doing daily.

@tammymccrady6278 Yes you're stuck with us now, great to see you checking in!

@trooworld That's a good call to enjoy Easter like that, it all sounds awesome! Thank you. Yay, congratulations on Violet! I'm so happy for you all! Haha Violet's definitely looking sad that you're being so boring doing work sitting in one place and not playing with her!

@txcritter69 Very true! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family tomorrow. OK now how is Fitbark tracked, is it on a collar? I love seeing his photo and stats, lol! That would be great for my brother's dog but I was wondering with my cats, they sleep all the time so probably wouldn't burn much.

Hi team, hope you're all doing well! I was at the food bank farm this morning then came home and took a nap (was up late with heartburn). I met a friend for ice cream and now I'm catching up here and have some work to do. Tomorrow I'm headed to my parent's house mid-afternoon. I wasted sunshine sleeping but really needed it, there's a ton to do in the yard too. Hope you all have a wonderful Easter and Sunday.

No Zeros
    great water
    foo bank farm, weights, stretching
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends. This is just a quick check in tonight, I am pooped! I managed to get 80% of both of the cooking and housecleaning done today. Even managed to give Vannie a bath tonight.

I stayed right on track with my food , didn’t even do the slightest little bit of taste testing (I was afraid that that might be a slippery slope for me so I avoided it totally). That is good for me, could be bad for my guests, as I have no idea what that cheese ball is going to taste like, or the roasted carrots, really hoping the seasonings are OK and they aren’t too bland. lol.
    I did both a spin class and my weight training this morning, a good 10 minute stretch in after my workout.
    Hope everybody has a great Easter and I probably won’t check in again until Monday.

YAY @trooworld CONGRATULATIONS on adopting Violet!!!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 174 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!!
    I did get to read all posts. I got a little behind.
    I’m not tagging all today as it’s harder on my phone than the computer. Yay on the
    adoption of violet.
    Diesel is adorable.
    @digger61 that’s an awesome loss. Keep it up!
    We do have some snow left but a good bunch has melted. The dog is a mess after a walk but I’m so happy to not have to wear boots again. Sorry for the broken record on winter but it consumes most of my year and I get so jealous of everyone else who are
    already planting and doing yard stuff. I added a photo of my yard.
    o8w09q118drt.jpeg
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 - you do have quite a lot of snow yet to melt!
  • txcritter69
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 170.1
    CW: 170.7
  • txcritter69
    Options
    Good Morning!

Just wanted to jump in a say CONGRATULATIONS to all that lost weigth this week!

@Katmary71 about the Fitbark yes it is a small tracker worn to the collar.

@sleepygirl79 I hope the snow melts soon. I don't ever think I can live in a place that has that much snow.

@DrewsAnna I am so glad to see you are doing so much better. Take it easy jumping back in and listen to your body.

I bought the Renph tape measure to go along with my scale. Did my measurements last week and will do this every 2 week. I also cleaned our rec room and found my bow flex yesterday. So, the plan is to start using it every morning after Diesel and I get our morning walk in. No more excuses. The only way this weight is coming off is to make it come off.
    Today's goal is to enjoy family as they come first! With all the food that will be here today, I will long every bit of it that I eat no matter what.
    Tomorrow Diesel and I start our walking everyday. Sunday's are my rest days so today is a gimme.

HAPPY EASTER 🐰

🌺Kindness is like coffee☕

🌿It awakens your spirit
    and improves your day.🌿

🌞GOOD MORNING!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thank you! <3 That's interesting about the Fitbark, poor Sansa! I'm glad she's okay now. That's good you have a trainer picked out. I hope your lunch/dinner with family goes well. The Fitbark sounds really cool. Happy Easter!

@digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thank you! She's so funny, she will come up to me with a toy in her mouth and want to play. I'm glad you got to go to the farm. Sorry about the heartburn. How are you feeling today? Happy Easter!

@laurelfit57 Great job with your prep and exercise! Thank you and Happy Easter!

@sleepygirl79 Happy Easter! Thank you! Wow, that's a lot of snow. I would get sick of that, too.

@DrewsAnna I'm glad you are feeling better. I will be thinking of you about the biopsy. Good luck. Those are great goals, you can do it.

Hi all. I'm fighting myself to track but I did track yesterday. I didn't make that Easter food yesterday, no time. I am making it tonight when we get home from Easter lunch at my inlaws. For the lunch, I have to make a strawberry pie with homemade crust. I was going to donate blood today but I rescheduled it. No time. This has been the weekend of "no time", very busy. Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Tracked 90% of what I ate, ate a healthy dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4fl5gdxok07e.png
    rnuhjsn0ttdk.png

Before we get to the results, I want to take a second to sprinkle some science on you:

A pound is approximately 3500 calories. Gained or lost, that does not change. Seeing a whoosh, in either direction, from time to time, is typically indicative of water weight.
    And water weight? That's a sign that your body is processing what you have put into it, whether that be filtering salt and sugar, repairing muscles, filtering toxins, pushing through illness, etc.
    Your body does not know that you are trying to lose fat, it just wants to keep you alive. That's all.

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    t7r5027u1rvz.png

By Pounds
    b7hy2me958jv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    b3ajs4rumjef.png

By Pounds
    haw7fdhu0pqy.png
    qj99h973x02r.png

Team Winners
    iiqc3fgl6stk.png
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 220.0
    CW 223.4

😫
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 - thanks for sharing that. Who needs fancy when the little things work?!

@Katmary71 - I'm so sorry about all your trouble at the pain clinic. As usual you are standing up for yourself and being positive. You are amazing!

@micaroo4 - I felt so good after stretching one day this week that I am looking forward to my next session. I would like to do it more regularly too, but I figure that starting any place is better than procrastinating. Also, I think this will help me learn some favorite stretches so I can create some routines of my own. Good luck!

@tammymccrady6278 - Glad to see you- we miss you when you are busy!

@trooworld - Violet is beautiful. My husband saw her pic and said that her tail looks like a donut, although I would vote for cinnamon roll- :) So cute.

@laurelfit57 - you have been so busy getting ready, I bet you crash tonight. And working out too- wow!

@sleepygirl79- I used to live in WI, further south than you I think, but still quite snowy. That is too much snow for April!

@DrewsAnna - Glad you are feeling better. I hope all those "Easter Grapes" are gone. You have good goals and it's good that you went back to check progress and press "Reset". One of the things I learned last year is that if you are not keeping track of how you are doing in some way, you are going to drift and not get anywhere. At least that is true for me.

@txcritter69 - sounds like you are ready to GO Monday morning. :)

Haven't been posting, not much new here really. Same old story. Same old song. Trying to get my act together. I challenged myself to lose 7 pounds in 90 days. 60 days are gone. I've lost 2. And that's OK. I'm not going to quit because things got messed up, I'm going to figure it out and make things work. I think the problem is that I'm not doing ALL the things at the same time- something is always off kilter. I need some new pants and I really don't want to buy new in my current size.

Happy Easter!

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    MISCHIEVOUS DOG TALK--

I thought I'd put this separate so those who don't care can just scroll on by. I love Gus. He is cute and sweet and as @laurelfit57 said "unequivocally Gus"

He's now 9 months. We've had him for 2. We are still struggling with leash walking. He understands it, but if he gets distracted, OFF goes his brain and then we are done. And there are so many distractions, people, crows, squirrels, trash cans, smells! Today when my husband reached into the treat bag for him, he would leap into the air. He's never done that before and it was hilarious. On top of this- he has some separation anxiety. We are working on that and he can now be alone for 13 min......

Anyway- between the two, my hubs and I really miss our daily walks together. And that was something we didn't think we'd be giving up when we got a dog.

On the positive side- he was SUPER easy to house train. Thank goodness.

We will get there. He's going to be a good dog. I think everyone hits a point like this when training a dog.

Someone else vent so I don't feel alone. :)

Lisa
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    PW: 200.8
    CW: 200.8

I know why and have some work to do on meal prep. Must work on my goals this week.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 257
    CW: 260.5

Had to go to Urgent Care with allergies Friday and now on steroids. (Tough) Still in the game.
    B)
This discussion has been closed.