Options
    kcpond
    Thursday

PW: 249.0
    CW: 249.1
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options

@jessicakrall8 - I’m glad you are able to keep a healthy routine despite the drama and busy schedule at work. Good for you!
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ty everyone. I'm waiting in labs to come back in as it can take a few days. Ik that some time the ppl don't realize that there is a thyroid and then there's the parathyroid. The parathyroid is 4 glands that are the size of a grain of rice located BEHIND the thyroid. These 4 rice glands not only support the thyroid but is what processes the calcium and Vitamin d throughout our bodies. Mine doesn't process the calcium and vitamin d all the time like it's supposed too. Sometimes it processes the calcium and not the vitamin d or vice versa. And on occasion it won't filter wither one of them. And then it builds up. And then I don't feel so good. I wanna sleep, moody, anxious, nauseated and some time sick to my stomach. Some times brain fog happens. It's irritating.

Fun fact though: you can live without your thyroid and be ok on meds. You can also have 3 outta 4 of the parathyroid removed and be ok on meds. You CANNOT have all 4 of your parathyroid glands removed because you can't live without them. Strange how little weird glands affect our bodies yall.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 that's a lot to deal with, and sounds completely unfair. Sending positive thoughts your way
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Friday everyone <3
    qsikmmqz0xft.jpg
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 I'm sorry to hear all the troubles you've had lately, especially the difficulties with the school. Also sending some positive thoughts your way.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @eahrenee - Great job making the best of the situation without your car. I’m glad you’re enjoying your puppy and having fun outdoors together — fantastic steps! 🤩

@reshii_devi - I’m sorry to hear about your family members who are not well. I hope you can find some time to care for yourself and relieve some of the stress while you are in the midst of caring for others. 🧘‍♀️

@Armygirlarmyof1 - Thanks for sharing what you’ve learned about the thyroid and parathyroid from your experience. My sister was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease a few years ago, and a close friend had her thyroids removed recently. I was surprised to learn that it will take months for her voice to recover from the ‘squeaky’ lower quality she is experiencing now. I think my son says it returns to normal as the scar heals. I didn’t know anything about the parathyroid before reading your post but I hope your medical team works through the complexity quickly so you can get on the road to recovery!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @CasandraW if you’re near Kennedy, go to the Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. My grandma used to live there. The corn fritters with powdered sugar are amazing
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’m scrolling through the posts from the last couple days, and I have to say hugs to @angmarie28. How incredibly frustrating. It must be incredibly difficult. We all love our children more than anything and want the best and when things just aren’t fair…

@pedal__power Congrats on breaking 200!!!

@PatriceFitnessPal another big win!!! A downward trend when you are already so light is no easy feat.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 4/11: 10,313
    Wed 4/12: 17,274
    Thu 4/13: 10,303
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    April week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday, April 14
    PW: 237.4
    CW: 239.5 ( gained 2.1 lbs; 0.88%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 0.8 lbs; 0.34%) this month
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 192.6
    CW: 192.6
    LTD: 14.4

It was my birthday last week but I was too busy with work to do much celebrating. I indulged over the weekend (also too much Easter candy) and then went on a work trip. I did well with my diet but drank alcohol during the work dinners and happy hours (I've mostly cut out alcohol recently). Happy that my weight stayed the same.

I'm going on another trip next week and won't be back until Saturday, so I won't be able to post a Friday weigh in.
This discussion has been closed.