• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 223.4
    CW 224.2

That’s 2 weeks in a row with a gain. Time to get moving I guess.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sure enjoying the summer like weather we have been having lately. Flowers at coming up and I have been able to get out and walk.
  • sleepygirl79
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Apologies that I have not been on lately. This week was nuts. I have over 50 comments in our group to check look through. I like to keep up to date with everyone. I’ll try to be more present this week. I need to work harder on my food intake as I am gaining. Thinking a few less hot beverages in the morning and better late night snacks. Just picked up some baby carrots and grape tomatoes. That’s pretty impressive for me. 😁

And guess what? More snow coming for Manitoba! 😫. Shouldn’t last too long though. Everything else is melted now and we have had above freezing temperatures for the most part. So. Done. With. Winter.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    April 16 weigh in

Megnolia82

PW: 219.2
    CW: 219.0
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Wow that's some serious mileage, hope you saw a lot of beauties!

@19shmoo69 I agree, it's both cost-effective and good for the plants to do it so it's a win-win! I don't have raised beds but collected a bunch of wood and leaves in the greenbelt by my house and made a compost pile like that, I put it on the hillside which is real awkward for me to get on with my nerve issues and wasn't too good about watering it or taking my kitchen composter out so it was a bit of a bust. I may put them in the big storage bins I bought to use as pots though, I saved bottles but don't have enough.

@Cornanda Thank you!

@trooworld I think using water for the dogs is good because it shocks them out of that aggressive mental zone that starts. I know if I can startle Jasper once he gets “the look” I can get him to stop and he runs off, maybe I should put a squirt bottle by my bed. Hope you have a great walk and farmer's market trip, sounds like a great way to spend the day!

@fairymange Congratulations on being the top individual weight loser for the last week!

Yay Mission Slimpossibles are 2nd on the leaderboard, who's rockin April? We are!

@fairymange @askewcr @FushiaKat Top team winners with biggest losses, woohoo!

@tammymccrady6278 I'm with you, love seeing all the flowers and warm weather!

@sleepygirl79 Great snack ideas! Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the snow, hope it passes quickly. Those are great snacks! What kind of hot beverages do you usually drink in the morning, maybe there's lighter versions of them you can do?

Hi team, hope you all had a great weekend! Bill's still in the hospital but he's sounding a lot better which is a relief. I worked out then had a good meeting at brunch with someone who wanted to know more about the charity. I feel like now that we're a year into the charity being licensed our board and main volunteers are pretty solid and have built friendships which is pretty wonderful. A friend briefly stopped by and I got a lot of stuff done as far as starting new seeds and caring for the seedlings then went to my brother's for a bit. Tomorrow I have to figure out what all I need as far as dirt/mulch for the yard, I was going to have help getting potting mix at Costco but they were out everywhere so that's frustrating, another time I'm very thankful for curbside pickup! Let's have an extra great week team!

No Zero Days
    great water/tea
    chair cardio, weights, stretching, and gardening
    food was mostly nutritious and healthy
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

Just popping in real quick to say hi 🙂 I went in for my biopsy on Friday, lol.... I've had a sore breast but today, it's been less sensitive and feeling better. Now, I wait for results that I should get this week. One of my Dr's., called and asked me, "where I'd like to receive my care if it is breast cancer. I replied, I would like to wait for confirmation before I make that decision. That call made me way more nervous that I already was.

Saturday, I spent the day with one of my grand beauties. We played "Candy Land" and "Uno". Lol, I tried to teach him "Phase 10" but, that didn't go to well. We watched t.v. and had a nice easy going day. We must've wore each other out because, when his mom came to pick him up we were all sleeping. Lol, grandpa & Chipper too.

It's late and I'm sleepy. Till tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole Mission Slimpossibles team for achieving 2nd place both by percentage and pounds lost! A special shout out to @fairymange for being the #1 loser by percentage and for @askewcr and @FushiaKat for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go!!!

@AmbersWay Can you shake things up a bit with your exercise or eating patterns? I've always heard to do this if you are in a plateau. Here's an article that you may find helpful: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss-plateau/art-20044615

@tammymccrady6278 We are having "super blooms" in a lot of places here in CA. I'm loving all of the wildflowers!

@sleepygirl79 Baby carrots and grape tomatoes are a great snack, way to go! Sorry about the snow.

@Katmary71 It seems to be working, so that's good. I did have a great walk but we put off the farmers market until next weekend. That's good Bill is doing better. I'm glad you are feeling comfy with the charity and that you've made friends. Good luck with the yard project!

@DrewsAnna I hope all goes well with the biopsy. Wow, I would be upset about that call from the doctor. Talking about jumping the gun! I'm glad you had a relaxing Saturday.

Hi all. The park was fun yesterday: Violet was pretty well-behaved and the park has a circular path around it so we just walked around and around. Every time we walked past the basketball courts, she would get distracted trying to go to my husband. It was cute. I hope to do this again next weekend. I made Romanian meatballs for dinner along with a Skinnytaste recipe for lemon potatoes in the air fryer + roasted asparagus. It was all good but the meatballs could have used some sort of a sauce, I think. It all went into my tracker (I'm still struggling to track but will get it eventually lol). Have a great day!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Went for a walk in the park, tracked everything, and I didn't snack.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    This is something I really believe in:

bbkek1y7dfbu.png
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna - prayers that the news from your biopsy is good.
  • sleepygirl79
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 good idea. I generally like French vanilla cappuccino (from home or Tim Hortons if I spoil myself) or I mix hot chocolate and instant coffee. I’ve found the Nescafé French vanilla mixes are under 100 calories. I like tea, but not enough to make me really want it. It’s more of a sore throat drink for me. I’m open to other ideas.
    @DrewsAnna sounds like you and grand beauty had a fabulous time. Fingers crossed for your biopsy. No need worrying until you know the results (easier said than done)
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 169.8
    Current weight - 167.4
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I am just going to do a quick check in. I hate to admit, I have not even been reading posts and catching up.
    On Friday, I went to the dentist and apparently got bacteria in my salivary gland, which swelled up the whole left side of my face and neck, and just absolutely wiped me out, my cheek and jaw were numb it was so bizarre. Anyway, the dentist immediately put me on antibiotics so by Sunday I started feeling better. I must admit though I am pretty puffy from those antibiotics. 🥴.
    My granddaughter had a bad case of stomach flu over the weekend and ended up at the Children’s Hospital on Sunday night. They were able to give her some thing so she has been able to drink some juice and have a few crackers today, that was a huge relief (all day Sunday, She couldn’t even keep in ice chips)! The downside is that she was supposed to go on a field trip today and her mom/my daughter was supposed to be one of the volunteers. My daughter had to stay home of course to look after my granddaughter so couldn’t go to school to volunteer, the teacher was not able to find anybody to replace her. My daughter texted me at about 10 o’clock last night and asked me if I was interested in going to the space and sciences centre with the grade one class for the day! Of course I said yes, it was fun, but exhausting. I am now passed out on the couch in my sweats, and don’t plan on moving for the rest of the night.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @rodgerd27 Yes you are, woohoo!

@DrewsAnna That call would've scared me too, I saw the results and am happy you don't have to worry about where to go! Sounds like a fun day with the grand beauty, love playing games.

@trooworld Yum that dinner sounds amazing and healthy!Definitely agree with the meme, good one.

@sleepygirl79 Under 100 calories is still real good for coffee drinks. Here's some I found Googling, I used to follow someone who made Starbuck's low calorie dupes but can't recall her name: https://www.eatingwell.com/gallery/7913149/healthy-iced-coffee-recipes/ What about chai tea? That's one that can be made strong and with some nut milk so it's not “sore throat-ish”. Funny I'm drinking a sore throaty tea right now that's herbal so I know exactly what you mean! The cinnamon spicy teas are more in between tea and coffee I think. If I'm real hungry before dinner I'll do hot water with protein powder and it helps. Those Jordan or Skinny syrups aren't bad but definitely check the reviews out on each one before ordering, I loved the Skinny pumpkin ones but the peppermint was awful.

@laurelfit57 Oh wow I'm sure you're wiped out hanging out with first grade! That was very nice of you to do, I hope both you and your granddaugher are feeling better soon.

Happy Monday everyone! I was wiped out today, I got up at 5 and went back to bed, I didn't “have” to do anything today so I spent the morning in bed napping and reading as I was super wiped out. Worked out then did some plant organizing and got some bush beans in but overall it was a relaxing day. Also brought all the plants in the house as we're going down to 40 with wind tonight and I don't want my plants to die after a few months of caring for them. I've started making recipes with two friends where we take something that's easy to switch up with what you have on hand and today's was a cream cheese chicken wrap, it was pretty good despite using light versions of everything. I'm starting seeds and transferring seedlings to bigger pots in the morning so need to get through the exhaustion so I can get my garden going in the next two weeks. Have a totally terrific Tuesday!

No Zero Days
    healthy meals under calories
    great water/tea
    chair cardio, arm and ab strength, stretching, gardening
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh-in: Mondays
    SW: 265.2
    PW: 205.9
    CW: 204.8

Eep! I am barely making it on this Monday.

No Zeros today:
    - Excellent food food choices, calories on target
    - Stuck with my fasting window
    - Weighed and recorded all my food
    - Breathwork
    - Meditation

Onwards! I promise to catch up on chat this week as well. But right now, I am off to finish up class prep for tomorrow. I ended up doing hours of Scout and mom work today -- all good stuff but I am a bit behind. So a double yay to the no zeros, even with not getting all the things in today!

Oh, and I am off to drink some Celestial Seasonings Blueberry Tea while I work. I finally saw some at the store, and several people here had me wanting to try it -- @Katmary71 and @Veganforlyfe2012 , I think!
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Username: Fairymange
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 168.4
    +3

Wow, there were 54 new posts! This group is the happening place to be! Thanks everyone for the leaderboard love. Unfortunately, after being so good last week, I blew it on my spring break with WAY too many tacos and vodkas, zero exercise, and generally living like a 20 year old at 40 :( NOT SMART.

Back to work and back on the no-zero wagon this week but for the moment...
    Did anyone else put their taxes off until literally the last day.... just me?
This discussion has been closed.