WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,092 Member
edited June 2023 in Social Groups
icnliscca8h7.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2023. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs for 5 weeks, from April 30 - June 3. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat thread. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. Let's have a Green March!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can come back if you get dropped and then return.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Happy May everyone!

I started doing the Fat to Fit challenges in September 2022 and since then have lost a total of 23.2 lbs.
    I enjoy these challenges and find that they really help to keep me motivated. Overall, since making my lifestyle change in January 2022, I have lost a total of 70.4 lbs, which is over 30% of my starting body weight. My goal weight is around 135-145. I will set a final target once I see my doctor again in a few months.

My target for May is to lose 3 lbs. Challenging for me since my rate of loss has slowed but I think it's doable.

Wishing everyone much success and good health!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready for participation starting Sunday, April 30th. Look forward to seeing you as we begin the Self-Love Bingo Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889636/may-week-1-group-challenge-self-love-bingo/p1?new=1

Jessica
  • tadoore
    tadoore Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday

PW (Previous Weight): 180
    CW (Current Weight): 179.5

The scale isn't budging but I've upped my exercise and weights so hopefully something will give soon!

I forgot to post my steps for last week and now the comments have been turned off for April.

Steps Week ending 4/29/23
    My steps are down this week, I've been focusing more on weight training this week. :)

Sun - 11,053
    Mon - 5,735 (migraine day)
    Tues - 6,259
    Wed - 8,651
    Thurs - 7,468
    Fri - 9,029
    Sat - 12,377

60,572 Total
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8zyxh93c1m8k.png
    jimm56ib4xai.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8ymocdyijwe7.png

By Pounds
    xa5lagx2rnlo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    9puu1c70y6pu.png

By Pounds
    hnidt78go7bk.png
    81pkvmn3msjf.png

Team Winners
    oadtut5cpy5f.png
  • Emm_165
    Emm_165 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Username: Emm_165
    Weigh-In Day: Sunday
    PW: 281.1
    CW: 280.4

Slowly going down. I continue to write down my food on paper and abstain from flour and sugar. This has surely helped ease my IBS. And overall is helping me a great deal. Ive a ways to go but again, taking it one day at a time. 🥰
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

l3qt6fmji6e9.png
    0yo0tgz60hp1.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vr0x1qb1cacn.png

By Pounds
    5r97zgcphxe1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wgapwhg65tgk.png

By Pounds
    ftomrwxvi87u.png
    qvzvlb1r9sf7.png
    mzv2ueqyiljv.png

Team Winners
    gpex3pyfow1z.png
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    April 30th

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: April 23rd - 218.0
    Current Weight: April 30th - 218.0

Steps
    Sunday - 7216
    Monday - 17652
    Tuesday - 16468
    Wednesday - 11207
    Thursday - 11589
    Friday - 8789
    Saturday - 1779

Total - 74700 steps

Hasn't been a great weekend stepwise :(
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps 23-29 Apr
    S 12041
    M 8501
    T 5362
    W 13041
    T 16709
    F 16343
    S 9352

It was my mum's 90th birthday today so I've not been on here much the past few days.
    I hope you're all doing well and I'll catch up soon.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Wow we have had some great successes last month. I am working on getting of the rollercoaster. That is ok with me. That is one of the main things I am learning. I have had an eating disorder my whole adult life. It started when I was 15. I am in a much better place both physically and mentally these days. I have been working on the mental weight loss for the last year or so. It is tough work but I am up for it. My goal is to have the eating disorder in remission by time I retire. With all the help from friends and pals and ME, I am doing it.

My just one thing today, is to do some yoga after work. Its just one thing. I can do one thing.

How about you?

81qsn9t59ke4.png
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My just one thing today, is to do some yoga after work. Its just one thing. I can do one thing.

How about you?

Hmmmm... That would be going to bed early (I tend to go to bed around 1 am usually :/ )

Who else is going to share? :)
  • GarysGirl78
    GarysGirl78 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am overweight! When I started in January my BMI was 35.7, as of today it is 29.8 :)

Awesome milestone!! Congrats!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Hey folks! Welcome to May - hard to believe we've already completed four months of 2023.

Typically, I post the exact same introduction post (see it in the spoiler if you want). It's a lot of information about me, and doesn't actually bring anyone into the mechanics of the group, so I decided to spoiler it this time around.
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott. My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 27 and currently living in Ohio. I work as an innovation engineer for an industrial manufacturing company. I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 1,040 spin classes. There was some… drama at the spin studio, so I no longer have a membership, but will drop in from time to time.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things you don’t have time to read.

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) around 170 lbs, over 60 lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I have recently joined a new gym. Between spending time with my friend (who has a personal training certification, and who I guess is now my personal trainer) and dropping in on spin classes and all the amenities my new gym has to offer, I am hoping to get back on track. Previously, I have had memberships with CycleBar, OrangeTheory, and F45 - By no means am I an expert on fitness classes, but I know a thing or two.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month.

And if you're curious how this group works, here's some info:

What We Need From You -
    • On your weigh day, post your current weight (provide this by end-of-day Saturday for your updated weight to be included in the team's results for the week)
    • If you want to change your weigh day, just let me know! Post here, send me a message, whatever you need
    • If you are in the Step Challenge, post your steps before Melanie posts the statistics on Wednesdays (you can join the step challenge at any time!)

If You Cannot Weigh-In -
    • Request to be excused for the week (either send me a message or post it here)
    • Request to be moved to the support team (a portion of our team where you can stay in the challenge, but temporarily take a break from posting regular updates - I highly recommend having a plan for getting back to our standard weight loss team when you decide to jump onto the support team)
    • If you do nothing, you will marked as NWI (non weigh-in) for the week - two in a row drops you from the team

Basically, communication is key. If there is something you need from us, say something. We are more than happy to help you. There is a lot of flexibility in the Fat2Fit group, but you can only take advantage of it if you let us know you want to make a change. We can move you to the support team, help you transition into one of the four other teams in the challenge, change your weigh days, assist with maintenance... We're a team. We got you.

As always, if there are any questions, please please please just ask. Most likely, someone else has the exact same question and hasn't asked yet.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps

Sun-2,486
    Mon-8,490
    Tues-9,870
    Wed-9,063
    Thurs-11,606
    Fri-12,673
    Sat-9,478
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Didn't have great steps last week either and yesterday I forgot my fitbit. I need to get motivated. I had big plans for when I got home from work today and so far I only stopped at the store. I don't know if it's because I have been trying to get so much done around work that I'm just tired when I get home. Today I was installing screens around the building, I can add that to my resume. Yesterday we had to go to a wake for a little girl at my school who lost her dad last week in a motorcycle accident. It was so sad. She doesn't realize her dad's not coming home, she thinks he's at work. They are such a sweet family.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @GarysGirl78 I'm also working on getting to bed at a certain time. Mine is 11 pm. Also no scrolling on FB or anything like that while I'm in bed at bedtime. I can check to make sure my alarms are set and last minute looks at eBay, etc to see if I have any late night sales to pack up...but besides that I will get sucked into FB or something and then it's like 12:30, so none of that.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,092 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to be late with the Habit Tracker for May! Here it is - it is open for anyone to use.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889840/habit-tracker-may-2023#latest

This is a simple and user-friendly way to track those small habits that add up to success. Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.