Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. It's going to be in the upper 50s today in my corner of the world so I think I'll stay inside instead of getting my outdoors on. The EXCEPTION to this rule is Dinah and I walking 3 times today. Yoga today for 20 minutes.

Good for you for still getting a workout in. What corner of the world are you in?
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    Baby steps…I got out again this morning and walked for 35 min before leaving for my kids activities. 2 days in a row! I’m excited! Today starts my food tracking as well. As my sister suggested, I’m going to give myself grace and understand there’s ups and downs on this journey. I will do my best to stay within my calories and macros but understand perfection is not the goal here, consistency is. Here we go!!
    There will be lots of ups and downs. One thing that has helped me is not to focus solely on the numbers on the scale. There’s lots of non scale victories you can choose to motivate you along the way if the scale isn’t being your friend one week.
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/28: 18,776
    Sat 4/29: 10,863

I'd like to keep going with the step challenge, with 10,000 steps as my goal.

@pupowl, I love my barefoot shoes as well. I remember in researching them, I was warned to start off gradually. You'll be able to go for days, once your feet become accustomed to them.
    Wow look at those steps on Fri.
    @Pupowl - The shoes look really comfortable and stylish! :D I also live near a park and like to go out adventuring, look forward to your photos! I love the kitty - so fuzzy! I just adopted a fuzzy kitty, but not quite that long haired. She's a tortoise shell and instead of meowing she trills. She has a very sassy tail.

Looking forward to the challenge everyone.
    My starting weight is 188lbs
    I typically lose / gain / lose / REALLY gain and yoyo constantly
    I'm around 50 so my hormones are playing the 'let's pack on weight in ugly locations' game. Ugh.
    Prediabetic, heart valve issue, pancreas issue (I can't digest food very well), lung problems, arthritis - MEH -- basically every issue would improve with sustained weight loss.
    The only positive I have is that I enjoy exercise.
    I have four cats total, lol, and I'm a landscape artist, illustrator and designer which really translates to a lot of tedium and listening to audio books and podcasts. It's only glamorous if a person REALLY loves being alone, lol. I get distracted and go ride my bike honestly. Or post walls of text on MFP apparently, lol, I gotta get to work y'all but...

Day #1 -- Let's GO!!!
    0vseavvydwu8.jpg
    They're in the spare chair I had to dig out of storage when I had my daughter over to work on a craft project, I swear my furniture isn't this bad! lol, these are my adopted girls, they've been with us about two months now. I 'work' from home (read, I attempt to work but get distracted non-stop and end up eating) anyway -- the cats get a lot of attention. I also have an outdoor stray I feed and a geriatric old male cat that looks like he's swallowed a ham.

You got this. One day at a time.
    Good morning everyone

I'm Julie. I'm 55, live in Keller, TX (a little bit north of Fort Worth), married with one son who is a freshman at Texas Tech. We have a lake house at White River lake about 60 miles from Lubbock. We will be making a trip next weekend to stay out there for the week and move Jason out of the dorm.

I've been taking Mounjaro since November and have lost a little over 40 pounds. Not a miracle drug, but definitely a game changer. The coupon program that I am under is coming to an end soon, so I may be switching to Wegovy. I'm currently going through the monthly challenge of finding a pharmacy that has it in stock. My numbers were much improved at my last blood test, fasting blood sugar was not in the 90s for the first time in probably a decade. 78 for a fasting blood sugar and a 5.2 A1C.

We are going to go to my Mom's house this afternoon. My step-father has an old john boat he is going to give us, so we are picking it up to take with us next weekend. It will be nice, with the draught, we haven't been able to put our pontoon boat on the lake. I've been bad about posting, but am going to make a concerted effort this month.

I'm working through 100 Days to Freedom from Overeating and one of the quotes for today struck a chord and I thought I would share.

Practice saying no to the things that are not good for you, and overtime, you will find it easier to do. - Daniel G. Amen

Hope everyone has a wonderful and restful Sunday.

Thanks for sharing the quote. Love it.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Monday everyone <3
    9um0ukqd7kr2.jpg
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @vicky2767 , I'm in Missouri.

Mondays are weigh-in
    Pw. 229.6
    Cw 231.4

Knee is really sore and swollen today but I see the chiropractor this morning. Have a great day yall.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi all. Here are my 2 Covid Cats. I adore these two.

Weigh-in for me is on Tuesday so stay tuned. The weekend was good with tracking my macros except for the DC United game where I splurged on 2 beers and share some nachos and guestimated my calories. I did have 3 hours of walking (museums) then biking to the stadium, so I guess the food was much deserved.

Anyone know how to post a photo? For some reason the photo won't download.

ow67ldm7x4pv.jpeg
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal - You are amazing and you've inspired me to work hard.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @dcresider
    I don't know how it works on a phone. On the computer, I just drag the image into the text box and it will upload. I also used imgur in the past.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Hi all. Here are my 2 Covid Cats. I adore these two.

Weigh-in for me is on Tuesday so stay tuned. The weekend was good with tracking my macros except for the DC United game where I splurged on 2 beers and share some nachos and guestimated my calories. I did have 3 hours of walking (museums) then biking to the stadium, so I guess the food was much deserved.

Anyone know how to post a photo? For some reason the photo won't download.

ow67ldm7x4pv.jpeg

I go through the website and upload photos - it doesn't work for Android phone unless I do it on the website
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »

My weight has gone up and down. Alot of it has to do with the sedentary lifestyle. I sit at a computer way too much. My diet fluctuates. I would like to log my food daily. I am a stress eater and this is something I am seeking to find the root cause so I can remedy it.

Hi Cindy! I’m right there with you with the sedentary job causing havoc on my body! Looking forward to encouraging each other on this journey!
    Sam
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal thanks for sharing your journey. I find success stories inspiring!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    No Habit Tracker for May - I'll make my own, thx
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group?

Thanks!
    V
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @dcresider What a sweet photo!!! I have dogs now, but I grew up with cats. Love them all.

Hello! Happy Monday Everyone! I second @PatriceFitnessPal It's really nice to have the fresh energy of the new members. Weight loss is HARD and FRUSTRATING and definitely NOT LINEAR. I've found this group to be such a nice place of support. Welcome!!!

My name is Melissa and I'm 53, a retired attorney who splits time between Houston and Telluride, Colorado. I have a son who is a junior studying Finance at IU in Bloomington, IN and a daughter who will graduate from CU Law School in Boulder NEXT WEEK! YEA!!

I love to run and ride my Peloton, as well as hike, ski and swim. My love of exercise has never been enough to control my weight though. I must focus on my diet, which isn't easy for me, as I really think my activity drives my hunger. But I'm trying. I started this group in June 2022 at about 165 pounds and I'm about 146 now. My goal is 130. I'm 5'6" (maybe a little less with age lol)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,071 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to be late with the Habit Tracker for May! Here it is - it is open for anyone to use.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889840/habit-tracker-may-2023#latest

This is a simple and user-friendly way to track those small habits that add up to success. Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.