Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 269 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I hope you’re doing better. Miss Sophie time will brighten your day. I laughed at the eviction of baby Byron. All 3 of mine refused to leave, guess they were comfy. Your vegan meals always look amazing. Yum!

@Katmary71 bless you and hugs, being parented at adult age can wear on a nerve but it’s the cycle of life it seems. I get mom lectures sometimes and I think she HEARS my eyes rolling. 😂 (phone calls)
    I hope the Zolfran worked well.

—-

Besides getting my steps (10k yay) in yesterday, my day was a bust. Had maintenance people all evening, got stuck in my bathroom with my daughter, I was in my pj dress and hubby brought them in the bedroom for some work. I ran and then got stuck bcuz I was coming out. So I put a thick towel in the tub and she got comfy and watched a movie on my phone while I got steps in.

Finished that craziness and then one of my bestest messages to say she’s been admitted to the hospital for extremely high lipase levels. So she’s likely to be there a bit. She took shifts with my hubby and another friend when I had my many stays in the hospital, so I was never alone. So today, I will be off to get her whatever she needs or doesn’t. I’m worried and slept with one eye open, off and on.

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 171.4
    Current weight - 169.2

Ended up working 5 more hours after my last post. Can’t legally work more than 16 in a day but the standby tech was a no call no show so I stayed until I reached my limit and came back in for another full DAYTIME 12 hour shift on Sunday. I was so nervous to work daytime bc the day and night shifters hate each other and I’ve not heard anything good but honestly it was a bit better other than I was more tired bc I’m not used to that. Our main day shift techs have to take PTO vacation days before July or else they lose it so they will both be gone most of the next month….maybe I will be able to pick up a few extra shifts and that will take care of needing a second job right now.

We made it to the races Saturday night and my daughter and I hiked around the pasture today so I could gets some steps going for our challenge and then my mom surprised me by taking my son to help her pick up the parts I need for my suv and she sold the broken down spare pick up to the mechanic that had his car so the debt was paid and he got to get his car from them today. My brother works at an auto body shop and knows all the things so he got the replacement back hatch and tail lights in already. I need a couple more things before he can put the new windows in but the coolest part was the hatch they bought from the salvage yard was even the same color!!!! Should be rolling within a week and that means I can go to Kansas now!!!!!

Going to try for another hike tomorrow even if the rain moves in and then I’m getting back to the gym and eating right!!!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey y'all!

Thank you for the stridekick challenge invite. It made me get up and move. Lol, I took Chipper out so, he was the happiest best buddy ever.

The weather was down to low 60's today, so it was a nice day for a walk and after I came home, I pulled some weeds for a little bit.

My food choices were much better than they have been, however, they were missing veggies sooooo, I need to go get some veggies.

Oh boy, I'm so tired. Y'all have a great evening 🙂
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I AM jealous- food looked super yummy. And I'm glad you liked the card. And that it finally made it to you. :)

@Katmary71 - when it rains it pours and it's pouring on you my friend. You're often in my thoughts and I pray for you too. You're amazing and strong and I hope that you are able to get back to the farm and don't wind up needing a scooter. :( about Dad getting on your case while all this is going on. Here's a HUG
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @DJill68 That sounds bad, have you gone to the doctor yet? I hope you can find someone to take FIL to MRI appt.

@Mariamamjad Congrats on the loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 "Refuse eviction" lol that is hilarious! Your lunch does look delicious!

@Katmary71 The food WAS yummy. I had leftovers yesterday for lunch. I think you are right about resting. That must be annoying to have your dad say stuff like that. Hopefully that is just a temporary side effect of the new medication. HUGS.

@AmbersWay Congrats on getting your steps in. Do you literally mean the door was stuck or were you stuck in the bathroom because of the maintenance people working? I hope your friend is okay.

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss! Wow you are working your tail off, aren't you? That's awesome about your SUV and Kansas!

@DrewsAnna Sounds like a pretty good day!

Hi all. I was so very tired yesterday, I even fell asleep at my desk at work. I didn't sleep well Sunday night so that's why I was so tired. Plus all the stress I'm experiencing right now. It's getting better, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just have to keep up with my work. I tracked yesterday and food was good.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    @trooworld I was stuck because there were a group of guys and I didn’t want to come out in my short pj dress. So we made it movie night in the tub (no water 😂) and me walking circles. Next time I need to keep a robe in there. My daughter enjoyed. Probably sounded like weirdos. Marvel movie and us having a chat.

Just came back from my friend. Her levels have gone down tremendously but she looks rough. 2 of us went up and she had 3 daughters there. So she got a good show from us trying to entertain her.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,125 Member
    @megnolia82 – Are you feeling crummy physically or mentally? Hugs and prayers.
    @DJill68 – How are you feeling today? Hopefully much better.
    @Katmary71 – Got the sweet card and seeds yesterday! Thank you! So excited to try out the purple basil! That really sucks about your dad’s behavior. And it’s not like you can really do anything about it. Just know we are here for you. We promise not to tell him anything that you say.
    @DrewsAnna – I’m there with you. I do so good for a day or two, then something stressful happens or my depression rears its ugly head and I’m eating all the food, sitting on my butt doing nothing but eating. And I hate seeing pictures of myself. I’m hoping the Stridekick challenge helps me.
    @gjaholy33 – That’s so cute you have a date night with your nephew :)
    @AmbersWay – Thanks :) My first (boy) was 10 days early, but my girls were both little squatters. What a fiasco at your house! Hopefully all the maintenance is finished. Prayers for your friend.
    @shaunarlr83 – So is there a gossipy story as to why the night shift and day shift hate each other? Or are they just like 2 middle school cliques? So glad the vehicles are getting taken care of.
    @trooworld – I hope you’re able to get some restful sleep. Makes all the difference when we’re dealing with stress.
    @Cornanda – It sucks when our adult children are conflicted like that. Hopefully she’ll be able to get her own place soon.
    Yesterday was my first time ever of being in a challenge. I kicked butt (for me) and hit over 10,000 steps and had 75 minutes of exercise. And that exercise happened to be all the yard work I needed to get done – mowing, pulling weeds that were too high for the weed whacker, cutting brush, weed whacking and killing those stupid weeds that grow in the cement cracks. I am in so much pain now. When I laid down to sleep last night, my foot kept cramping (the one I’ve had 2 surgeries on) and my right SI joint kept spasming. And that dang TOM decided to visit. What a mess. I woke up this morning to the inside corner of my eye being red and irritated. I knew some debris flew into it during the yard work. I must say I feel this is God telling me to hire someone else to do this stuff. I miss the good ol’ days when teens would walk around the neighborhood and offer to do work like this for $20. Ugh.
    Enough complaining. Point is, I’m probably going to be at the bottom of the list on the challenge for the rest of the week. But, someone has to be last, right? I’ll take one for the team.
    Have I talked about FlashFood before? It’s an app where you can purchase foods close to their expiration date for super low prices. I love the $5 produce boxes. Anyway, I entered their Mother’s Day drawing and won a $250 credit – awesome, right? Well, here it is, a week later, and the credit isn’t showing up yet. Fingers crossed they follow through.
    Let’s all have a Terrific Tuesday!
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 82 Member
    Feeling better today. Am up and out of isolation. No fever and have been on antibiotics long enough that I’m not too worried about being contagious. Still have a nasty cough, headache and sinus crap but getting better. Haven’t been eating or drinking enough. Will try to do better. Sorry I haven’t caught up on comments.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 514 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 138.2
    CW: 137.2

I am working thru maintenance, sort of got it figured out. I didn't eat any chocolate last week but did eat extra popcorn.
    The wellness exam went well, the checkup at the gastroenterologist went well today. I got more stuff scheduled for July and August.

So many of you are sick or just under the weather of feeling down atm. I hope that you feel better and that your spirits are uplifted soon. I hope that everybody is on track with where they want to be this week.

Each day is a new day to start over. I ate more radishes last week, I was hungry. Frozen veggies work when fresh are not available, they taste almost fresh when cooked, I love the steamer bags for the microwave. I pop a bag in the microwave for 5 minutes and they are done.

Congrats to the team for coming in third overall, well done. I wish I could magically transport everybody to the maintenance side of the scale.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @AmbersWay Oh no you were stuck because of how you were dressed, that’s no fun! I hope your bestie is doing better and it goes down fast, do they have her fasting? I’m so glad the numbers are starting to go down, that stupid pancreas can hurt like crazy! You don’t sound like a weirdo, I’ve gotten stuck in my laundry room running to get pants and not having them in the dryer then the doorbell rang and it was the pest control company so I hung out in the washroom until they were gone. I have windows that see into the front of the house so I rarely do that now.

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like things worked out well with the vehicles, I’m glad you can go on your trip!

@DrewsAnna Sounds like the perfect day for a walk, glad you had a good day and hope tomorrow is even better.

@Cornanda Thank you, hugs back to you!

@trooworld Thank you! No sleep with a lot of stress is awful, I’m glad you’re seeing that light at the end of the tunnel!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You’re welcome! It’s a mix or purple and green, if you want purple basil I have that too! Wow sounds like you had an amazing workout! Oh no, I’m glad you’re feeling so bad after it, hiring someone is a good idea. A friend tried to hire two teens to pull weeds on Facebook and people ripped her apart for her offering $20 an hour which is crazy! Hey even if you’re last you still were brave enough to try and compete so don’t knock it! I downloaded the app and nothing near me, shoot! I downloaded one recently where you can buy leftovers from restaurants but usually they’re a little far but yesterday there was one for coffee shop leftover food, that’s way too tempting!

@DJill58 Glad you’re doing better, it’s about time! I’d guess you aren’t contagious either, I hope each day you’re better and better.

@FushiaKat I’m so glad maintenance is going well for you and happy to hear of the good appointments!

Hi team! Did light stretching and a short video then went to the farm for the mushroom lecture, it was really cool. I talked to him a little about microdosing magic mushrooms and he teaches that at his house, I know the woman I get my tea from does that for mental health but that would be awesome if it would help with pain. With CRPS if you can “reboot” the brain you can go into remission, I think I did before because I was so sick from stopping all the strong meds. The handyman ran out of paint and my neighbor had told him to use the rest of hers on mine but something went haywire and it wasn't painted and she’d sold an extra can to the neighbor on her other side so the inside of my yard was painted and not the outside of the gate facing the street. I don’t really care what happened I’m tired of dealing with it, I went to Ace and got the pamphlet to get more but that was expensive for half a job and I gave him extra before he was done so I could lay down so I’m annoyed. Going to take a shower and get to bed, I get my permanent bridge tomorrow and a cleaning. Have a great Wednesday!

No Zero Days
    - Lots of water
    - Light exercise and stretching,
    - Healthy under calorie food (jeans are super tight from not being able to do my workouts anymore)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Hey everyone,

My day did not go as planned. I wound up going to the dentist for a tooth, that I've been to the dentist for about 4 times, I think. I really hope it's fixed now.

Today's plans are now tomorrows plans.

My mouth hurts and I'm kind of irritated, grrr.....

Have a great evening y'all 😀
  • AmbersWay
    @DJill68 So happy to hear you’re feeling better. Hopefully the last bits run its course fast.

@DrewsAnna I hope today is your best day 🤩 Glad you got your tooth taken care of.

@Katmary71 I’m laughing at the goofiness of my bathroom theater. We had a good time though.

They do have my friend fasting, on continuous iv fluids and an MRI this morning. So, I hope they’ll have her back on her feet soon.

I never thought of mushrooms for health benefits. Shocking how much these simple parts of nature can be beneficial.

I hope your fence get completed and you can move on from it soon. You all posting about fixes and remodeling, it gets me motivated.

—-

Yesterday was a busy for getting steps in. I was just tired from my day and emotional from seeing my buddy in bad shape. Now I know how they felt with me. It’s hard. I had friends crying, others removing the criers from the room, so not to scare me. It didn’t, I knew what I was dealing with. I think how thin I got scared them. I’m thankful that my friend is doing better. She’s my rock.

Have a great day everyone 💐
  • trooworld
    @AmbersWay Oh haha! I don't blame you. That sounds kind of fun despite being stuck in there. I'm glad your friend's levels have come down.

@vegan4lyfe2012 It does. Thanks. Great job with the exercise, I'm sorry you are in pain though. You have not talked about FlashFood before that I know of. That's cool you won the drawing!

@DJill68 I'm so glad you are feeling better.

@leonadixon I hope your mother is okay.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the lecture. I've heard of microdosing but don't know much about it. That's too bad about the fence. I hope it works out. Good luck at the dentist. Great no zeros.

@DrewsAnna Oh that stinks. I hope your mouth feels better soon. Hugs.

Hi all. Unfortunately, I had the worst sleep in a long time last night: I only slept 4 1/2 hours. I had so much on my mind, I just lay in bed ruminating on everything that was worrying me. I don't know how I will last the day but I have to somehow. I've got too much to do.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 38 Member
    Just a quick accountability post!!

I'm still 'nursing' this sore knee. It is definitely getting better but it is keeping me from starting the couch to 5k program...I went back to the gym Monday after being away for a week and a half. I was able to get in more than 11,000 steps on Monday and a similar number on Tuesday!! I think I will start the couch to 5k next Monday assuming the knee will let me. I want to make sure it will cooperate before I try.

The scale looks good today but my 'official' weigh-in is tomorrow so I hope these numbers 'stick'...lol...

I have been able to keep my hands away from treats in general so I think that is helping!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @DrewsAnna I hope that tooth is fixed too!
    @AmbersWay I hope your friend is doing better tonight. It’s definitely easier being the one in the bed, I agree! My brother’s back went out last year and he was stuck on the floor, I kept trying to help him and bringing him stuff to try, it was real hard for me and gave me a taste of what my family went through. I’m glad your friend has you by her side!

@trooworld If you need to vent we’re here for you! I hope tonight you can turn off your brain and get some rest.

@tfelts147 Sounds like you’re working toward couch to 5K, I hope your knee cooperates!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Funny I thought I commented on your post, did you post it on your feed? I agree with you about that being inspiring! When I went to the gym in my teens there was a man in a wheelchair who would come and lift weights and he’s who inspired the heck out of me then and I still think of him now. I still felt weird going to the gym after my fusions with my walker being overweight and waited to return to the gym until I lost a lot which is silly.

Hi team! My borrowed laptop screen wouldn't turn on today so I'm back at my desktop, going to call about my laptop tomorrow as it's been a month already. My permanent bridge didn’t fit right so back to a temp, also had a teeth cleaning. I went to the store as I had no fruit and picked up strawberries and apples plus the mushroom guy yesterday was talking about his mushroom toast so I got sourdough, I’m dying for more than the slice I had with dinner and plan to make the mushroom toast tomorrow. It’s garlic cheesy bread with mushrooms, if you scroll down his page you’ll see where he made it on Good Day Sacramento: https://mushy-love.com/ Have a wonderful Thursday!

No Zero Days
    - Ate under calories
    - Good water
    - Going to stretch now and watered earlier
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,678 Member
    May 10 weigh-in was 186 lbs
    May 17 weigh-in is 187 lbs
    May 24 weigh-in is 193 lbs
    A week of excess will be quantified on the scale. No escaping that number. I hesitated posting that number but it is about being accountable. My blood pressure readings 3 times in the morning for 3 months. And ✔️ ✅️ it has been done.
  • trooworld
    @tfelts147 Sounds like you are doing pretty good. Good luck for your official weigh-in!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Nice! Thanks for posting a note of encouragement.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I got better rest last night. I hope you get your laptop back soon. Oh no about the bridge! That stinks. The garlic cheesy bread with mushrooms sounds yummy. I make a mushroom cheesesteak that is really good.

Hi all. Yesterday was miserable. I was in a bad mood all day and just didn't want to "people" so I put a sign on my office door mid-morning saying "I'm here, just have the door shut to concentrate". That kept most people away for the rest of the day. At about the time I put the sign on my door, I had to take an anti-anxiety pill as I was ruminating on stuff again. It helped but made me sleepy. I ate a healthy dinner. I slept pretty well, I went to bed on time.

This discussion has been closed.