DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @DaffyGirl88
    @brandi_84
    @chloeguo
    @dheliason
    @HASWLRS
    @JbeanR0212 - has already indicated that she does not feel ready for a challenge group
    @maryphum
    @murdog3t
    @plummerbecky1
    @sandkp
    @therealbluenote
    @Tomsgal1985

This is the current list of people still involved with TBBT in some capacity. As Sue and I have stated before, we are committed to keeping this thread active. We have also talked about joining a Fat 2 Fit team to be part of an actual challenge group. I guess what we need, is to know everyone's decision on whether or not they are interested in joining a F2F team as a group. The moderator from F2F and I have been talking and trying to figure out the best way to do this and a head count is the first step!

Lisa (I think that’s your name from Sue’s helpful posts; so sorry I forget. My first name is Susan ❤️), I am terrible still about rising to the daily activities of a challenge, but I so enjoy checking in here on this thread. Once I get my eating straightened out again, I’d love to be more accountable, like in the F2F challenge you’re describing. So I will decline this time.

Thank you for all you’re doing.

@Tomsgal1985 Post-its are a life saver. :D
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join F2F!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @murdog3t Are you still with us?? I haven't seen you since graduation! I hope all is well. <3

Sorry my mom showed up early unexpectedly for my sons graduation this Friday I am still here
    I wouldn’t know where to begin to be a captain but I would love to be part of the group
    Where ever we decide to move would be fine with me
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I just want to remind everyone that regardless of who does (or does not) join F2F we are NOT shutting this thread down. 🥰🥰
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I’ll do whatever everybody else wants to do. Just remember I’m always a day late and a dollar short. 😝
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @therealbluenote Yes! Tell us more about this new job!! I don't think I remember you having one. 🤷‍♀️
    Back when I thought my school was closing, I interviewed for the Education Director job at our classical music station here in St. Louis. I got the job - and a month later the school tells us it’s staying open as a private school. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    So I’m going to work both part time jobs next year. I feel like I owe my alma mater at least one year to help them get the new school off the ground.
    Today went great! 😊
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    rtqe0mioqxb8.png

Happy Friday Team Slimsons dropping in. . . .thanks for the invite @DaffyGirl88

This week has been good. Lost 4.4lbs and got 5 workout a in 5 days and ate meal prep food 4x.

Have an awesome day
  • brandi_84
    Options
    5/24
    5/25
    Under
    No intentional exercise
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Last Friday I weighed in at 204.1
    Today 202.8

I'll take it.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Last Friday I weighed in at 204.1
    Today 202.8

I'll take it.

@brandi_84 Yes, you will take it! That's awesome, Brandi!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Fell off the rails the last couple of days. Tuesday it started with my routine being different. It finished with me going to the grocery store hungry, but without the calorie budget to justify the treats bought at the store and then promptly eaten. Went way over with reckless abandon. (Kind of scary how easily I could revert to old habits. I guess those habits are not yet "old" enough to be in the rear view mirror). Wednesday I was still doing a bit of the same, then I got some sad news, so any sort of semblance to reigning it in was lost. I will try again today.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Fell off the rails the last couple of days. Tuesday it started with my routine being different. It finished with me going to the grocery store hungry, but without the calorie budget to justify the treats bought at the store and then promptly eaten. Went way over with reckless abandon. (Kind of scary how easily I could revert to old habits. I guess those habits are not yet "old" enough to be in the rear view mirror). Wednesday I was still doing a bit of the same, then I got some sad news, so any sort of semblance to reigning it in was lost. I will try again today.

I'm sorry you had sad news.

You can do this day right!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 05/25
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20 g carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ❌
    30 min walk :✅
    8000 Steps: ✅
    Water: 88
    Goal go today : Hang out with my mom . Son graduates 🎓 college tonight he is choosing not to walk. He would rather go to BottleRock ( 3 day rock festival here in napa)

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: ?
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Goal weight:140
    PW:152.6
    CW: 151
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Son graduates 🎓 college tonight he is choosing not to walk. He would rather go to BottleRock ( 3 day rock festival here in napa)

Goal weight:140
    PW:152.6
    CW: 151

Nice weigh-in Tami! Sorry about your son choosing not to walk...it is the parents who really want to see them graduate!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happy Memorial Day weekend to all of my team mates who are American, which I think is everyone!

I had a better day yesterday. Still some random tears, but not reaching for food. I went to work and forgot my Fitbit, (very frustrating) so I would never know exactly how many calories I had to work with for the day. I even turned down a Timbit because I didn't have my Fitbit! Anyways, I ate well, and was about 175 calories over without my work steps. So, even though I was technically in the red, I figured I was actually in the green.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS you turned down a Timbit?!?! You're a stronger woman than I am. ☺️
  • brandi_84
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I hate it when I forget my fitbit. It always happens when I go to the mall and I've walked a bazillion steps. Mine broke a couple of months ago and I finally bought a new one yesterday.
    I have no idea what a Timbit is, but the name doesn't sound yummy. I'm proud of you for turning it down and eating well.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    I logged and was Under all week. I didn't do a lot of intentional exercise. I did do housework, working in the flower bed and walking around the mall and grocery store.

This "diet" I'm on , I'm not really supposed to count calories. I'm supposed to focus on the amount of protein and carbs I'm eating. The food trackers count calories anyway, and I'm always in a deficit but at a healthy range. It has been easier to do that with a strict no to starches and sugar. The idea of I can eat whatever I want in as long as I kept under a set calories didn't work for me becuase I wasn't filling up with foods that kept me satisfied for longer periods of time. I would end up going over and once that happend it was a free for all.
    this week I didn't have all the inflammation I usually have. I didn't bloat, have horrendous gas pains, or ibs issues. I thought those were all things that were just apart of life. That all keeps me motivated to keep going. The heartburn went away after the first day.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I logged and was Under all week. I didn't do a lot of intentional exercise. I did do housework, working in the flower bed and walking around the mall and grocery store.

This "diet" I'm on , I'm not really supposed to count calories. I'm supposed to focus on the amount of protein and carbs I'm eating. The food trackers count calories anyway, and I'm always in a deficit but at a healthy range. It has been easier to do that with a strict no to starches and sugar. The idea of I can eat whatever I want in as long as I kept under a set calories didn't work for me becuase I wasn't filling up with foods that kept me satisfied for longer periods of time. I would end up going over and once that happend it was a free for all.
    this week I didn't have all the inflammation I usually have. I didn't bloat, have horrendous gas pains, or ibs issues. I thought those were all things that were just apart of life. That all keeps me motivated to keep going. The heartburn went away after the first day.

@brandi_84 I am so happy for you, Brandi, that you have found what works for you. I agree with you that being under in calories will only work for so long if you are choosing all the wrong foods that don't fill you up. And that "free-for-all" mindset is real, once you go over that magic number! The heartburn not lasting and the inflammation going away is just wonderful and definitely a positive motivator!!

P.S. A "Timbit" is a donut-hole from the VERY Canadian chain of coffee shops, Tim Horton's.
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I hate it when I forget my fitbit. It always happens when I go to the mall and I've walked a bazillion steps. Mine broke a couple of months ago and I finally bought a new one yesterday.
    I have no idea what a Timbit is, but the name doesn't sound yummy. I'm proud of you for turning it down and eating well.

@brandi_84 do you Stridekick? We have Started doing Fitbit challenges there since Fitbit discontinued them.

Also glad that your new way of eating seems to be working for you. 👍👍

A Timbit is a Canadian version of a Dunkin Munchkin. 🤤🤤. They have them here in Buffalo also, there's a Tim Hortons in every corner. We can see Canada from here Hi Lisa! 🙋‍♀️ I haven't been in one yet this trip but will probably stop for an XXL coffee ☕ tomorrow morning before hitting the road.