TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (March)

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    Thursday, the 1st

Logged, 103 over, no formal exercise, but on my feet for four hours at work, filing, which contributed largely to my 10K steps for the day.

My "good" knee has been sore and it dawned on me that I probably need new running shoes. I have been alternating between two pairs but they are both over two years old and have been worn, a lot.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,705 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Thursday, the 1st

Logged, 103 over, no formal exercise, but on my feet for four hours at work, filing, which contributed largely to my 10K steps for the day.

My "good" knee has been sore and it dawned on me that I probably need new running shoes. I have been alternating between two pairs but they are both over two years old and have been worn, a lot.

I go with the new shoes. After a bout of plantar fasciitis last year I learned the value of good shoes. I never wore sandals because they were too flat and hurt my feet. I bought a pair by earth origins and they were so comfortable and supportive that I bought another pair in a different color. I could never bring myself to spend $50 for a pair of shoes, now I'm kicking myself in the azz for waiting so long.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN

May 24th: 201.4
    May 31st: 199.2

Doing the Onederland Happy Dance! Next goal: 194.4, which is what I weighed when Covid started.

Woohoo!! Great week! Congratulations for getting to Onederland 🥰🙌🏻🎉

Thank you, Susan!

You’re most welcome! I have a doctor appointment Wednesday and I foresee some chastisement in my future. I was supposed to be losing since my last visit in February and I have gained instead.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Weigh in
    PW: 146
    CW,: 147.8

Still up from the weekend but way down from Tuesday. The bad thing is that I am up a solid 6 lbs from last summer. 😞 I need to get off my butt.

I hear you. I just checked and I have gained THIRTY pounds since last June 😩

Lord, please help me. I’m so grateful for this group. I need to STEP UP 🥺
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    OMG I just accidentally nudged my phone and you know what that means, I lost my entire post 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Try again

Friday 2 June
    Track: mostly
    Under: no
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @brandi_84 won't believe this but traveling again this weekend. 🙃 I bought a new car a few weeks ago and am giving my old SUV to my daughter. She has a small sedan and with two boys needs the extra space.

My husband and I are very much looking forward to staying home next weekend. The only minor problem is my niece and her SO are coming to visit. That will cause some over eating but it will be nice to be home for more than a couple of days.

Grandson #1 graduates 🎓 from preschool this morning. Time is flying by people!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 I agree with you on spending money on good shoes. I have been buying good running shoes since I started working at the business (before I even got into running) as I was on my feet the whole time I was there! And underneath the tiles is concrete...it is a fertilizer plant, after all! So, yesterday I realized I had some gym shoes that will never (probably) be needed again so I made them my walking shoes. They are seven versions ago but hardly used and like new! It didn't help. In fact, I am officially on the injured list. The walk started out great, but I got slower and slower and the pain was getting more pronounced. I came home, filled my big water bottle and sat down at my computer to drink it and scroll though social media, etc. When I finished and I got up to get in the shower, my knee was seized. I can walk with a limp and some mild pain, but I cannot exercise. Of course that bums me out as I was doing so well at losing weight with being able to eat my exercise and step calories back!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Tomsgal1985 No one can chastise you more than you are chastising yourself right now. Use this weekend to come up with a plan for yourself; an exercise plan and a meal plan. Make a grocery list with foods to bring into the house and another list for foods to be banished from the house. Make a list of your why's. Then start implementing the first baby steps on Monday. You can do this...one day at a time!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @brandi_84 won't believe this but traveling again this weekend. 🙃 I bought a new car a few weeks ago and am giving my old SUV to my daughter. She has a small sedan and with two boys needs the extra space.

My husband and I are very much looking forward to staying home next weekend. The only minor problem is my niece and her SO are coming to visit. That will cause some over eating but it will be nice to be home for more than a couple of days.

Grandson #1 graduates 🎓 from preschool this morning. Time is flying by people!!

@DaffyGirl88 Safe travels. I'm sure you're daaughter will appreciate your giving the SUV. And enjoy the extra space. That's awesome that your niece is visiting.

Congrats to Grandson #1 - Time does fly by! My daughter is now a high school graduate. It seemed like kindergarten was just yesterday.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 3 June
    Track: no

Graduation was sweet, 20 4 year olds ☺️. Some marching perfectly in the little line, others bolting for the comfort of mom or dad the minute they came in to view, and one (mine) sitting confused with the tassel dangling in his face not knowing where he should be. 😂🥰

God bless preschool teachers. ALL teachers really!! But at that age their development is really so markedly different how do you get them all doing the same thing?🤷‍♀️ Really like herding cats!!

After my celebratory cupcake 🧁 yesterday I'm going to try very hard to stay in track today. Have a great day everyone!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 The graduation sounds so cute! It brings to mind my own son's graduation. They asked all the graduates (maybe there was a dozen of them?) what they wanted to be when they grew up and mine said "a daddy". <3 It was not an actual preschool; it was just two mornings a week at the community centre. And I didn't send him because I worked, I sent him because he was born in January and was soooo ready for school that he needed something! If we ran into someone on the street and they said something about him starting school in September he would tell them that he was already in school!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Saturday, the 3rd

Logged and was able to stay under by 45 despite no formal exercise. 5,994 steps
    I may need to rethink frivolous calories, like the cream in my coffee!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    I'm so sorry you're having knee trouble.
    I remember quite a long time ago, maybe even pre covid, you were having trouble with one of your knees. Were you ever able to get it taken care of? Are you going to get this knee injury checked out or do you think some rest will take care of it?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    @HASWLRS
    I'm so sorry you're having knee trouble.
    I remember quite a long time ago, maybe even pre covid, you were having trouble with one of your knees. Were you ever able to get it taken care of? Are you going to get this knee injury checked out or do you think some rest will take care of it?

Thanks, Brandi.

When it was clear that Covid was not going away any time soon, I decided to take care of myself as opposed to hibernating, which was the chosen option of many. On April 1st I started walking everyday and logging my food. It was a slow process, but by November I had lost nearly 24 pounds. I was feeling pretty good about the strides I was making in my fitness, even though I was still 30 pounds from my ideal goal weight. One unseasonably warm November day, I was walking the golf course trail while my husband was golfing. I thought he was teeing off just around the corner so I started a light jog to catch up and after a few seconds I heard the telltale pop of one's ACL being torn. I managed to flag down a good Samaritan (turned out to be a gym teacher and coach at my boys' high school so he knew them well) and he drove me to where my husband actually was. (I could still hobble at this point). I rode around with him in his golf cart for the remainder of his round, 6 holes maybe. When it was time to get out of the cart in the parking lot, I could not put any weight at all on my right leg. Some anti-inflammatory meds and some crutches to start with, but after about four days I could walk gingerly on it. It eventually got better, but I was scared, initially, to go walking by myself, especially farther from home in case it happened again. For the rest of 2021 I think I just felt sorry for myself. The weight gain was slow over the course of that year. I remember what I weighed when we went to Prague to visit our son in October and I was up 12 pounds from the previous November. Then Christmas hit and the calendar turned to 2022, and I never recovered mentally. I went into a complete tailspin of eating whatever, and copious amounts, and not moving at all. Basically I was unhappy and hated myself for an entire year. My 2023 New Year's resolution was to start taking care of me. Well, it took until May to take hold, but I am following through on my resolution, finally! This time, it is my left knee. There was no "pop", only a small twinge, but it feels like the week after my right knee injury. So, I am suspecting that time is what I need with this one, too.
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Dheliason
    PW: 157.9
    CW: 155.7
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    Dheliason

Nice!!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Sunday 4 June
    Track: mostly
    Exercise: some, not much due to driving

Happy Monday!!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    dheliason wrote: »
    Dheliason

If this were still a team competition, you would have posted the first loss for team TBBT for June! Great job this week!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Sunday, the 4th

Logged, under, but no formal exercise. 7,261 steps doing stuff around the house.
    My husband was barbecuing steak for dinner, so I purposely ate very little up until then so I could enjoy as much as I wanted.
    My knee is feeling better, relatively speaking, but I am still not going to go for a walk. I will just try to accomplish things around the house to get my steps.