Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Good morning
    I always say good morning regardless of the time of day.
    I'm Darren but you can call me whatever you want but just don't call me late for coffee.
    I live in the southern part of the USA.
    I think I'm the only one here that's not a pet person.
    I've been battling weight loss all of my long life. My heaviest was over 312. In the loss I was able to get down to 229 but here I am back up to 276.

I'll stop for now. My mind is heading down the road if negativity.

Coffee for a good morning, with an allowance for pensiveness too:

froth-milk-foam-smiles-in-a-cup-of-coffee-in-morning.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=is&k=20&c=98DtV-A3T5sqdp2Nl7aX3D8fWfmnkwMrCRAkHVp9DpI=

Here's my favorite Happy song. You can't help but smile! Go ahead - get up and clap and dance, I dare ya ... it's irresistable! :D I posted it in so many places, wishing everyone a Happy Sunday! But, I guess once more can't hurt :smiley:

https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM
    Happy Sunday! Share the smile ....

Cheers!
    - mk :)

Thanks for the coffee and pensiveness too. (Now I have to goggle that word)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,957 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @mkksemail I use Google Tasks and Google Calendar to organize my life. It is free and works well!

@askewcr @tammymccrady6278 @Sleepygirl79 @txcritter60 @Megnolia82 @mkksemail @AmbersWay Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 I would love that! I think you did great in the challenge. Yeah, I have yet to deal with those cords lol. :D Oh gosh, that is too hot! I hope you had fun with your family.

@Cornanda Good. Nothing wrong with paper!

@fourtherecord Rain every day for 2 weeks, wow!

@tfelts147 Beautiful, where are you?

@mareeya88 Welcome to the group. Congrats on your loss!

Hi all. I have to get ready for work but wanted to wish you a great day!

4th of July challenge: Tracked 100% of what I ate yesterday.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • fourtherecord
    fourtherecord Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone in the June challenge, you did so well!

@tfelts147 what a beautiful sight to wake up to! Where have you gone on holiday to?

I took an early morning walk this morning and managed to avoid the rain!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good Monday afternoon, Slims!

Catching up July thread :) I will go back and read what I missed from June, but this post is already long, so I'll prolly just read and not try to comment. :smile: Gotta say ... trying to catch up on you wonderfully chatty bunch is way! easier on laptop than on phone! I've come to MFP from Fitbit at the end of April. It was my habit to check in on just the app using Fitbit, so naturally when I started using MFP I was still just using an app. These boards are MUCH more robust. Laptop is easier. lol .... And, heyyyyyyy 'Save Draft' is exceeding helpful! ha!

Reading the intros ... you guys are inspiring!

Amber, do you live in France and Istanbul, then? How do you manage with your doggos and other rescues? Do they travel with you when your family moves locales? Avocado and honey smoothie looks delicious
    I saw you mention a PM last month. I didn't receive it, bc we're not MFP friends. Sending you a friend req. Hopefully you can re-send!
    Is your partner Turkish then? Or do you and family move to IST for work? I apologize for so many questions, as my daughter is embarking on a future with a lovely Turkish man, and they intend in future to split time between US and TR, I've an avid interest in how you manage your life. lol ~ My daughter has been there since last Sunday. She's certainly enjoyed the Eid celebration. I hope you had a lovely Eid :). @AmbersWay

Mica, your story is inspiring !! As I'm embarking on re-losing 30 lbs I already lost from 7/'21 to 10/'22, and then hoping to lose another 30 after that (and btw, the add'l 7-8 lbs I added on top of the 30 lbs I re-gained), I found your grit and determination and success in re-losing lost weight particularly inspiring! You had a rough spring! Hoping your health is back, and you re-gain the weight you didn't intend to lose, and your partner understands and embraces his new lifestyle with success and a smile :). My husband is Type 1 diabetic, so I understand the constraints that imparts. (It's not raining this afternoon! lol) Hey, I too have recently started adding a squats routine to my daily day! Coming up on 2 wks daily, 25 squats/day. Strength training, and stretching/yoga are two of my goals for this summer - I'm hoping to add at least 1 of each sesh to my regular exercise diet of walking. I've maintained a 10k/day steps streak for 18+ mos (since 12/4/21). @micaroo4

Meg, Happy Anniversary!~ How fun, the whole country celebrates your wedding anniversary, and puts on fireworks for you and hubby, every year!! :D:D:D In addition to adding 1 strength training sesh, and 1 yoga or stretching sesh, per week to my exercise diet this summer, I *also* have massive decluttering, deep cleaning, organizing, and everything goal this summer, too !! I have about 6-7 yrs of ignoring clutter to peel my way through :(. In April '21, I finished up a 5-6 yr intense period of working almost all the time (we sold my husband's 7-Eleven - 24 hrs day, 365 days a year!). I / we were both home basically to sleep, shower, and do it again. In the years leading up to the covid pandemic, labor market got increasingly tighter and tighter, while profit margins also got squeezed smaller and smaller, then the pandemic hit and it made the previous few years look like a picnic! I worked to 15-16 hrs a day, 6 days a week, in a public facing always open store, for the first 15 mos of the pandemic. AND, neither we, nor *any* of our employees got sick. Anyway, I took what I'd planned to be a year to recharge, and tried to declutter then, but was just too tired/overwhelmed for months. Then my Mom got sick(er) in May '22, and I spent the whole summer in NY. Back again just before she passed Nov 1, '22. Then back again for three separate visits, for 3-5 wks each time, staying at Mom's house and helping sis clean out/ready for sale. I feel like I haven't been home for YEARS. But I'm home now (one more visit to finish emptying Mom's house after sale closes, prolly, and one tentatively planned trip to Turkey to meet daughter's intended <3, oh! AND one visit to Wisconsin in Sept for inlaws 65th wedding anniversary), so it's time. My query about productivity apps is related to both of these goals - declutter my weight and get healthy, and declutter my life and get peace. :):):) Okay sorry I wrote so much to you. Your post resonated with me, heh. Sorry to hear about your health challenges over the last 7-8 mos. Hope you're 100% back now. Yup, we have similar goals ... I too am looking to lose 60-70 lbs. It WAS 60 lbs, but after my Mom passed in Nov, and I went back home, I let all my hard won habits lapse, and regained the 30 I lost, plus another 6-7-8 lbs more, so yea, I have just under 70 lbs from highest weight to reach my OGW set in July '21 of 134.2 lbs (that was 60 lbs from my previous SW). Indiana Jones 5! I have some catching up to do heh ... Oof! Don't you hate when you get a *whoosh* in the wrong direction, particurly on weigh-in day? :p@megnolia82

Hi Sandy! Ohhh! So young to have had a heart attack! Good for you for seizing the reins and taking charge of your health :strong: (*wishing I had emojis, am on laptop tho heh). Wishing a successful cardiologist visit for you! Hey, the big reason I came to MFP was for the food logging tools. There is a fantastic deceptively simple challenge called The Ultimate Accountability Challenge that really helped me cement the food logging habit. I tried 3x during 2022 to pick the habit back up again (did it on Fitbit for 6 mos, during the last half of 2021 when I first got my fitbit, but lost the habit when I went on vacation, and struggled to pick it back up). Would you like me to tag you to the join thread for the UAC?
    Also ... Your career sounds so interesting !! Was it at all like that show, Orange is the New Black? : @txcritter69

Hi Brigit :). Hugs to you and ahhhh, so lovely you rescued that lil dragon. Sounds like he found the perfect forever home. Stopping and starting and stopping and restarting is a theme I think lots of us can relate too. We got this!! :strong:. @Brigit02

Chris, I lol'd audibly at the name "Pirate". Love it! I too was a healthy weight all my life, until (in my case) my 30s. At age 32, I quit smoking (for the first time, sigh), and gained SIXTY POUNDS in a year! At age 33, I was dx'd hypothyroid. :boo: Wish I was dx'd the year before I gained those 60 lbs, because I've been fighting them for over 20 yrs now. I never made it below 30 lbs up from my pre-hypo weight. This time I'm going to! I will !! :fierce: :) Like Meg, and like you, I also have ~65 lbs to lose. We got this! :strong: GL with new modem and router installation, and cords wrassling! Oh, Google Tasks! I do use Google Calendar, but haven't heard of (or maybe noticed?) Google Tasks before. *adding to my list*
    j:grin:@trooworld

aske, your positive energy gives me a thrill every time I read it! Keep on being wondeful <3! Let's go get it!! @askewcr

Kathy, ahhhhh another inspiring story! Congrats on your 70+ lbs weight loss! Gosh, sorry to hear about your many health challenges, tho :( . What do you do for chair cardio, if you don't mind me asking? I know someone who swears by an under-desk chair elliptical (never knew there was such a thing - cool!). Is your pt job wfh? It sounds like a birthday is coming up for you - I hope you get to go to that concert you have in mind :). Love your comment to @txcritter69 about time passing . Ohhh, on the apps - I've been collecting notes, ideas, suggestions, and tips from a few groups, here and on Fitbit. I'm not ready to condense it all yet, but I will, and I promise to share. So many great suggestions from all kinds of folks! One of the apps you mentioned: do you mean Don't Forget the Milk (I've heard great about that!), or Out of Milk (thinking you might have meant the former?) ? Oh. My. Heck! ... .108*F !???! That farm you volunteer at sounds fabulous, btw. Love reading about it. Happy late Father's Day BBQ celebration! @Katmary71

Tammy, I feel your pain on those night shifts!! Second to last one .... yay!!! Woot! @tammymccrady6278

Lisa, HI, nice to e-meet you :wave:! Hey, on the plus side of spinning your wheels for the last year - you have not added back what you lost! Win! :D You will get going in the right direction. I'm sure of it. You got this. :strong: Oh, hey, as I said to kat, I promise to share everything I've learned, after I condense it all. Maybe in a week or two. SO many great tips from folks! lmao I feel ya on the too many pieces of paper! :D@Cornanda

Darren, hey! :waves: I already posted coffee to you, but I'm scrolling to, to catch up, and didn't want to zip right past ya. he @19shmoo69 So impressed by your 90 lbs weight loss! You did it once, you can do it again. YOU CAN! Cheers! (PS - pet rock? LOL!)

Emma, Hi :waves: I'm new too (last month) omgosh, so much care-giving. you're doing God's work, I've heard people say :). Oh, hey, me too! Lost 30 lbs (half way to goal weight), and gained it back this recent fall/winter :(. You did it once, you can do it again. Easy rule of thumb on the pre-diabetic - avoid the 'whites' - white sugar, white flour, white rice, white potates, etc. And add fiber :thumbsup: What is hEDS? ooooo, you snuck in an early morning walk and avoided the rain! Good job! Here in Maine we've had a similarly long lasting, and similarly wet weather system parked over us. Since Jun 3rd. grrrrr. lol @fourtherecord

@tfelts147 , already said this, but it's worth repeating: LOVE that photo!

Hi, @sleepygirl79 ! :wave:

Hi @DebJB30 ! Sounds like your busy-ness has bee a good busy! Hope your travelling was wonderful. Cheers!

Hi @mareeya88 ! :wave: nice to e-meet you as well. Cheers!

oooooo, this is long! ok, I am caught up the first three pages of July. I kinda sorta did an intro in all those notes, but understanding that I just wrote a damn book, lol, here's the short version:

tldr - My name is MaryK, sounds like MaryKay, I often go by MK, but never Mary lol. 56f, married, 1 grown daughter, 3 rescue cats (my daughter rescues them, we ended up with 3 b/c she has 2 cats and 3 dogs already), lost 30 lbs from July '21 to Oct '22 ... gained them all back plus some in just a few mos. Basically gained back in 3 mos what took me 18 mos to lose. BOO. Came to MFP from fitbit for the food log - wow, soooo much better - had no idea there was such an awesome and vibrant community section on MFP. Love it!

Cheers to all!~
    Will def try to at least read the last week of June. Apologies for getting so far behind. I've been immersing myself in gleaning tips and suggestions on list making and productivity apps for the last week. AND I was trying to read this very chatty group on a phone app. WAY easier on laptop. ha!
    - mk :) (Maine)

PS - well, it WAS Monday afternoon (early, too) when I started this post. lol ...

No Zeros, 2023:
    Yesterday/Sunday 7/2, I did:
    Goal 1: 12,345 steps
    including 77 mins intentional exercise , which included:
    63 zone mins, 17 mins walk, 24 mins walk, Plus:
    Goal 2: strength/yoga/stretching: 25 squats
    Goal 3: (non-daily) cleaning/organizing/tidying/decluttering active chores - 31 mins sesh

Day before/Saturday 7/1, I did:
    Goal 1: 11,182 steps
    including 43 mins intentional exercise , which included:
    51 zone mins, 26 mins walk, 12 mins walk, Plus:
    Goal 2: strength/yoga/stretching: 25 squats
    Goal 3: (non-daily) cleaning/organizing/tidying/decluttering active chores - 16 mins sesh

Paid attention to the three MEs. Today ME acknowledged and thanked my YOUNGER me for deciding it was time to get this done, and today ME did my best to do at least one thing for FUTURE me. :)
    trooworld wrote: »
    We have something going on called NO ZERO DAYS 2023! What is No Zero Days? There are 4 simple ideas behind this:
    8lmtm11p1vtt.png

There are no more zero days. A zero day is when you don’t do anything towards your goals. But that doesn’t mean you have to go full-throttle on your goals each day, no, just do something small if you have to, do a single push-up, walk to the mailbox, drink one less soda…anything not to report a zero day. Do one thing to make your life better each day.

Be grateful to the 3 YOUs: the past you, the present you, and the future you! Be GRATEFUL to the past you for the positive things you’ve done. Did you do that push-up yesterday? THANK YOU YOUNGER ME. Second part of the 3 me’s is you gotta do your future self a favor, just like you would for your best friend. Tired and can’t get off reddit/videogames/interwebs? This one’s for future me, i’m gonna rock out p90x Ab Ripper X for 17 minutes. I’m doing this one for future me. Alarm clock goes off and bed is too comfy? This one’s for my best friend, the future me. I’m up and going for a 5 km run (or 25 meter run, it’s gotta be non zero). MAKE SURE YOU THANK YOUR OLD SELF for rocking out at the end of every.single.thing. that makes your life better. The cycle of doing something for someone else (future you) and thanking someone for the good in your life (past you) is key to building gratitude and productivity.

FORGIVE YOURSELF. Tried your best to have a nonzero day yesterday and it failed? so what. I forgive you previous self. I forgive you. But today? Today is a nonzero masterpiece to the best of my ability for future self.

Exercise and books: exercise is self-explanatory but the books, read a self-improvement book…reading gets you to the next level!
    Here’s more detailed information and where I got the above info:
    https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @mareeya88 Hi, it’s nice to meet you too!
    @19shmoo69 Maybe you should try a pet rock, that would be perfect!
    @megnolia82 Oh no that’s a super salty food too, yes you’re still doing good!

@mkksemail You don’t have to respond to everything, please don’t feel pressured by the amount of posts.

@trooworld Thank you! You’re doing awesome with the challenge too, I think the July 4th one was a great one!

@shaunarlr83 @tfelts147 way to go on 50lbs down!

@DJill68 Awesome job on 20lbs down!

@fourtherecord Great job knocking out that walk!

@txcritter69 I have a question for you, when the heat is real bad do you cover your cucumbers and melons? I had two peppers and a sunflower die where the tarp I threw over everything touched them, I ended up moving those suffering the most to the shade but I can’t do that every time it’s over 100 here. Any tips? A shade cover for afternoon would be best but I can’t afford to put much into my garden right now. Thanks!

Hi team! Someone was setting off fireworks at 3AM last night, I’d just fallen asleep and barely got any rest before I got up, worked out, then headed to my pain clinic appointment. Upping a medication, kind of bummed I need to but he said I should’ve been started higher on it. I’m hoping it helps but am feeling about where I was last year on my current dose. I actually have an appointment with a doctor next time so I feel a little better about things. I started a new book this morning (Dean Koontz’s 2nd in the Frankenstein series) and plan to read tonight after my last watering. I’m up 3lbs after going out for BBQ and having ice cream, frustrating since I’m trying to go down but I know I didn’t actually gain that much. Have a wonderful 4th of July and Tuesday friends!

- 4th of July challenge- have done well with body mechanics, I’m glad I chose it for the challenge.
  • mkksemail
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@mkksemail You don’t have to respond to everything, please don’t feel pressured by the amount of posts.

Ehrm .... too late! 🤪😆
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Katmary71 sssshhhhhhhhh if @mkksemail wants to respond to all then I say let's root her on. I'll start the chant and stadium wave!!🙌👐🙌👐🙌.

• 19shmoo69
    Options
    Happy Dependence Day!!!
  • mkksemail
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    @Katmary71 sssshhhhhhhhh if @mkksemail wants to respond to all then I say let's root her on. I'll start the chant and stadium wave!!🙌👐🙌👐🙌.

🤐🤪🤣🤣🤣

19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Happy Dependence Day!!!

Goofball! Lol ✨✨✨

(Pretty sure fireworks display gonna get rained out here 🌧️☔)
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone in the June challenge, you did so well!

@tfelts147 what a beautiful sight to wake up to! Where have you gone on holiday to?

I took an early morning walk this morning and managed to avoid the rain!

We are in the Outer Banks, NC
  • trooworld
    Options
    @mkksemail I don't even try to respond on my phone lol, I use my desktop computer and use Notepad to type my responses so I don't lose my post! My pirate pug's name is actually Daisy but she does make a great pirate! lol We have similar journeys, I see. You WILL succeed! We do have this! Yeah Google Tasks is nice if you are already in the Google ecosystem (I am). You can set reminders in Tasks or just have a list of stuff you want to do. I'm impressed you caught up on 3 pages in July, wow! Great no zeros, woo hoo!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yes, I think so too! I'm sorry the doc had to up your medication, I hope it helps. They were setting off fireworks around here all weekend, luckily we sleep with a noisy AC on so I didn't hear it. Enjoy the book!

Hi all. I missed a few days and am glad you all have been quiet lol. I hope those in the US had a great 4th of July. I did! We didn't do too much, we sat out on our walkway in front of our condo and enjoyed the nice weather. We are trying to crate train our dogs and it's going well but is slow going. Back to work today.

How did everyone do on the 4th of July challenge? I am very happy with my results. I tracked almost every day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I came to work at 5:00am to do the inventory with the colors of the parts. We had our BIG annual inventory last week, but nobody did the parts by color, just totals. So I spent 2+ hours recording the colors of the inventory items that are my responsibility. Now I've got to start working on the fiscal year end accounting. I might have the day off tomorrow, or part of the day anyway. I worked 5-6 hours on Friday (which is supposed to be my day off), and 3 hours on Monday (which was supposed to be my 4th of July holiday) and then came in 2 hours early today. So I think I've earned the day off. I just don't know if that will make Monday really difficult if I'm off both Thursday and Friday. Rich has Thursdays off, and I think he likes it to be HIS day...all to himself. He might not be too happy to find out that I have the day off as well.
    -Mica
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 25 of 52

PW: 138.2
    CW: 139.0

Sorry I'm a day late, I had other things on my mind yesterday. Since I'm so close to my goal I will be cutting back this week. No nuts for me. Hub has been feeding me too much fresh fruit from our trees. I hope everybody enjoyed yesterday with family and friends. The firework show was amazing so many huge fireworks.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That’s right the 4th challenge is over! I’m glad you had a good 4t! You did awesome with your tracking.

@micaroo4 You and Rich should plan something together! It sounds like a break will be nice after how this week went.

@FushiaKat You’re absolutely rocking maintenance!

Hi team! I fully forgot yesterday was the last day of the challenge! I’ve done fairly well making an effort to squat versus bending at the waist. I was at the farm for a bit planting cucumbers then we brought a bunch of plants from the greenhouse to the farm. Aside of that just work, resting, and some charity stuff happened. Headed to the tub, have a great night and an awesome Thursday!
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was doing really good yesterday with my calories but then I ate a bag of pita chips which was about 600 calories.

That's my confession for the day. I will try not to do it again.

❤️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @micaroo4 I hope you are able to take today off, it sounds like you deserve it.

@Katmary71 Yes! I wanted to make it here on the 4th and say something about the challenge but it just didn't happen. I think the work you did on the challenge will help you with the gardening. Congrats on your hard work!

@Brigit02 Chips happen. Today is a new day! <3

Hello all. My personal hill to climb this week is to try to figure out all the "bites" on the recipes I want to make next week to try not to go over on my bites each day. It's a lot of work to do this which is why I don't do it and I end up going over. :(

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I took the day off 😁
This discussion has been closed.