WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    After my mini stomach issue yesterday morning I rallied and was fine for the day.... not sure what that was about. Took a friend for her birthday lunch and made a really good choice. Had a good dinner too and then had a couple of snacks afterwards that put me over. Still doing well for the week but looking to have a better day today.
    I also get distracted at work and don't drink my water.. I think drinking water at the office is an easy place for lots of people but I get chained to my desk and don't get up and refill. Will try harder today.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Is it July already?! Sorry I missed my weigh in @jugar. My July starting weight is 207.4.

M y July starting weight is 207.4

I don’t know where the time went. We had to say goodbye to our kitty, Chloe. She took a bad turn and was giving us lots of signals that she was in pain. Vet believes she certainly had cancer. She ate all the time and was down to 6 pounds. She was once 14 pounds so you can imagine how tiny she was. She was a sweet girl for 16 years.

@PlaneMonkey you look gorgous! Great job on the hairstyle!

@wdalzell5401 Happy Retirement! What an exciting and hopefully relaxing time for you.

@YinxFed Happy 60th birthday 🥳 So glad you have your son there to celebrate with you.

@kalli glad to have you back with us.

@jugar Sorry to hear about your foot being stomped. Glad it’s doing better. And 22 pounds of strawberries 🍓 YUM!

@conleywoods Your workout room looks great and those piggies are so lucky to be part of your family. Love the photo at the lake.

I need to make a plan. I’ve been busy but summers are unstructured and there is more “fun eating”. My pants are getting tight and I need to use that Pilates room I claimed when we moved here.

Got to get moving. But I will check in later and drink my water today. .
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kristi and I live near Spokane Washington in the US. I'm 40 but I will be turning 41 this month and celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary too! My husband and I have 3 kids ages 14, 12 and 8. I'm a pediatric occupational therapist for the schools. But it's summer vacation right now. My husband is a teacher so he is off all summer too. Right now I'm up close to my highest weight at 245. I started at 255 in 2019. I had to take a break from weight loss to finish my masters and gained 15 lbs. June was an easing in month for me and July will require more fine tuning. My plan is to set up a reward system for weight loss. I will earn my reward every 5 lbs lost. I really want new makeup from Bobbi Brown's new company Jones Road. But I need more makeup like I need a whole in my head. I was going to replace stuff as I run out but I don't put a lot of makeup on even though I wear it 5 days a week. So I won't need makeup for a very long time. Each time I loose 5 lbs I can order another item.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Joann. I'm a 42 year old RN working full time in as a public health nurse. I'm married with an 9 year old daughter and year old German Shepard dog. I am excited for the summer because I'll be able to relax after a stressful last few months and get some better habits down.

@conleywoods Lucky to be able to get away to such a beautiful place

I'm hoping to just work on consistency with snacking at night. It's a habit I've slipped into and know if I get this undercontrol I can lose some weight.

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been MIA since Thursday or so of last week. It has been a hectic week. My in-laws were in town and I had a lot of time off work because yesterday was a holiday in the U.S., but also it was my birthday! I definitely let myself enjoy my birthday. I tracked my calories, but didn't limit them. Today, I am back on track.

My goals are to lose weight, feel better in my clothes, and not hate every picture that is taken of me. I am working towards these goals by tracking my calories, and committing to healthier eating and more exercise. My primary sources of exercise have been walking and spin class, and recently I added CrossFit to the mix. I have a desk job, so my daily step count goal is 6,000 steps and workout goal is at least 4 days/week at 30 minutes/day.

Yesterday was my weigh-in. SW: 186.6 PW: 184.4, CW 184.4 ... so I didn't lose any this last week, but I also didn't gain any, so that is a win!

Here is the previous week exercise/step count that I intended to post on Sunday...

Sunday 6/25 - 63 steps, no exercise - Sunday is my rest day, but also on this day I had a bad migraine that incapacitated me
    Monday 6/26 - 10,707 steps, 33 minutes of spin, 15 minutes of walking
    Tuesday 6/27 - 10,152 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit, 30 minutes of walking
    Wednesday 6/28 - 8,705 steps, 34 minutes of spin, 15 minutes of walking
    Thursday 6/29 - 7,913 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit, 15 minutes of walking
    Friday 6/30 - 9,932 steps, 1 hour of spin, 1 hour of CrossFit, 30 minutes of walking
    Saturday 7/1 - 7,801 steps, 1 hour of spin
  • jeezlawheeze
    jeezlawheeze Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My first way in with you all.
    BW-215.8
    PW-211.2
    CW-211
    Not much lost, but no gain so I'll take it. My goals are to stop snacking so much at night and increase my step count to at least 5000 steps a day. I also ordered a wall Pilates book so I can try to work out a little more.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    I about melted today. Just picking my red currants had the sweat running off me - definitely going to have to get out earlier tomorrow! Keep cool if you're somewhere hot, folks.

Here is the lineup for Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Overdue:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @graceojo999

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    The spreadsheet is turning green! Great job :mrgreen:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Greetings Friends,

This morning I went to a yoga class - in the forest! I went with my daughter-in-law and neither of us had been to a real life yoga class for some years. For different reasons we were both apprehensive.

The class was wonderful and I will definitely be joining them again next week.

rzrlbddm37g9.jpg

@conleywoods that picture looks sublime!

TTFN
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 142.8
    CW: 140.8

My holiday weight gain only lasted 24hrs as I was back to 140.8 the next day, but since then I have been up and down all week. I'm finding getting back into a routine tricky and haven't been making the best choices with food and drink, or getting enough exercise. I find growing healthy habits takes time and is difficult, but slipping back into old habits is far too easy! I have guests staying this weekend so I think that has played a part in me not feeling like I can get back into a routine just yet. Come next Monday, I will be free to focus on myself, so that should help me get things back in order.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 96kg
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone! I'm late again with my weigh in 🤦

@jugar

PW 228.8 lbs
    CW 226.0 lbs

I'm happy 😁

Have a lovely weekend everyone!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    SW: 96 kg
    PW: 92.2 kg
    CW: 91.7 kg
    It was down lower at some point during the week, but happy with my loss nonetheless.
    Have a great week everyone and welcome all new people :smile:
  • jugar
    Options
    Just to get my nagging in :smiley: Due through the end of Friday:

@graceojo999
    @eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @wishfuljune
    @never2late2loseweight
    @Kali225