WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    This last week was odd and hard. Birthday, holiday, and schedule all out of whack. I'm not sure if I lost any weight and I feel like if I did, it's from the blood donation. ... I can say that I am very excited to get back on a normal schedule this week. I am a lot more successful with a routine. Does anyone else feel this way?
    Losing weight from a blood donation is pretty desperate! I know that feeling well :sweat_smile: A routine makes everything so much easier. Even with food - same basic template for meals and options you know and are used to already might be a bit dull sometimes, but it is easy to stick with. Exercise the same - but I find it easier to fall off the wagon with workouts than with food.
  • jugar
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse Welcome back - it is great to see you again. I'm sorry you've been having a rough go of things for a while, but you're here now. Hopefully we can help you keep on the good side of the burn-out line :heart: There's a balance point out there somewhere - sometimes elusive, for sure!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Losing weight from a blood donation is pretty desperate! I know that feeling well :sweat_smile:

LOL. I am not counting on losing weight this week because of the holiday, fewer workouts, lots of eating out and desserts to celebrate. I was just saying if I did lose weight, I would most likely attribute it to the blood donation. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :smile:

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about routines. I have a couple breakfasts and lunches that I rotate. Dinners tend to have more options, but typically similar ones. I have gotten into a great gym routine and feel great afterwards. For me it's the food routine I can easily fall out of. My work is literally right next to Publix. Just about any craving can be satisfied there. Lol

Welcome back @MoonlitMuse!
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for Tuesday? Here we go:

@lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen

and I have a question for
    @strong_fit_ells and @graceojo999 - you have been very consistent with your weigh-ins for the last few weeks, but always late! Would you like to change your day to Thursday or Friday? That way might be easier for you. Let me know!
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @jugar, could I please have this week off. Everything has happened in a flurry in that I have found an aged care placement for Dad and now have this weekend to get the room looking homey before moving Dad in on Monday.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Can I have some recommendations please? On-demand virtual Yoga training for somebody who hates Yoga...
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Can I have some recommendations please? On-demand virtual Yoga training for somebody who hates Yoga...

I like yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. There are lots of videos to follow along with and I have found her style of guidance very calming and encouraging.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PW: 184.4
    CW: 182.8

I made a joke that if I lost weight it would be because of a blood donation. I guess I just stuck to my goals better than I realized despite the holiday, birthday, and family in town last week.
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar, could I please have this week off. Everything has happened in a flurry in that I have found an aged care placement for Dad and now have this weekend to get the room looking homey before moving Dad in on Monday.

You've got it! Good luck with the Dad move. I just hope he isn't going to be trying to star in The Great Escape like my dad! He just can't resist trying to explore anyplace they make it hard to get to....
  • jugar
    Options
    PW: 184.4
    CW: 182.8

I made a joke that if I lost weight it would be because of a blood donation. I guess I just stuck to my goals better than I realized despite the holiday, birthday, and family in town last week.

Hats off!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Mighty quiet in here today! I had a lot of running around today - some friends are leaving for the UK tomorrow and they had to spend most of yesterday sandbagging in case of floods from the river that runs right by their house. I had a great time helping them out getting ready for their trip today - it was mayhem, but a lot of fun. Hopefully they'll get on their way OK tomorrow!

Tomorrow is Wednesday already :grimace: - our wonderful solo appearance will be:
    @jeezlawheeze :smiley:

Still waiting for news from @strong_fit_ells and @graceojo999

Thanks!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @lauren989 to improve mobility and strength of some smaller muscle groups. Also if I can get into it, maybe yoga will provide some stress relief and a routine before bed could help me get to sleep.

@wdalzell5401 I hope your Dad's move goes well. It sounds as though you do so much for him.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @DD265 - I agree with @wdalzell5401 about Yoga with Adrienne; she has a lot of video content. I’ve also used some of the yoga videos from Move with Nicole or Boho Beautiful Yoga, both on YouTube.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Eegads! How did it get to be Wednesday already? I guess flooding in the rest of the state has something to do with my distraction levels. My food logging has been steadier and I'll be exercising at the indoor pool at my other job this afternoon.
    In the meantime, I'm feeling pretty stuck with my "to-do" list with little energy at the end of the work day to do much of anything. I'm going to make myself a shorter list with do-able items and let you know how that goes. I'm famous for using "all-or-nothing" strategies which, as you probably can tell, don't work!! Giving myself grace today and doing the best I can without expecting perfection. It's a start.
    Have a lovely day/evening, lovelies.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    Exercise update since my last post -
    Jul 3 - 11485 steps
    Jul 4 - 11011 steps
    Jul 5 - 11938 steps
    Jul 6 - 14542 steps
    Jul 7 - 6493 steps
    Jul 8 - 9702 steps + 33 minutes outdoor cycling (race warm up)
    Jul 9 - 4131 steps + 340 minutes outdoor cycling
    Jul 10 - 3419 steps + 49 minutes stand up paddleboarding
    Jul 11 - 5594 steps + 10 minutes yoga
This discussion has been closed.