jhxjemiur3zt.png

By Pounds
    siaraxd4oe1k.png

Team Winners
    1mtiawghi9yz.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Well, we squeaked into 3rd place - well done! Thanks for leading the way @YinxFed @lauren_989 and @kali225 :smiley:

It has been a day of hoping that our pond won't overflow and wash out our road! It rained so hard a few times that the water got pretty high, but I think we'll be ok. For now at least! I did manage to go for a ride while the sun was shining briefly, but the outdoor arena was flooded so we were stuck in the indoor ring. The gravel roads were kind of a mess too, so we stayed in - it was like a sauna, though! Even with the doors open. We both enjoyed our post workout pelting down rain shower to cool off.

Here we go for another WaistAways Week! We are already started off by our intrepid Sunday people. Time for the Monday people to get ready :sunglasses:
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @MoonlitMuse

Thanks!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Whelp... It's Monday. The bus isn't too crowded this morning.
    I had a reasonable weekend without too many over indulgences. More sleep was accomplished than projects but that will hopefully help me get over this head cold and make the rest of the week more energetic.
    I think I get to play hockey twice this week and one of the games is with a faster, younger crowd where I have to step up my level of play so I'm excited and nervous. I planned our meals for the week around the weather and game times and there's lots of salads and veggies on the menu!

@jugar I'm trying out a beer style slug trap in my garden after I noticed some holes in the leaves of my pepper plants. Does it work for earwigs as well? They're all over my flower garden pots. This year we swapped the veggie garden with the herb garden to increase the sun on the tomato plants and it has made a difference. The tomatoes have taken over everything! Can't wait til they start to ripen....

Have a good week WaistAways!

• jugar
    Options
    I'm trying out a beer style slug trap in my garden after I noticed some holes in the leaves of my pepper plants. Does it work for earwigs as well? They're all over my flower garden pots.
    I don't think beer will help get rid of earwigs, but a spray of rubbing alcohol + water (equal amounts of each) or a sprinkling of boric acid around where they are will probably help. Clear up any dead matter in the flower pots too, but save the beer for the slugs! Have a great time with your hockey games this week. Show those youngsters how it's done!

@MoonlitMuse ahhh, the cautionary tale of stopping for birthday ice cream. You did deserve it! But not the price tag in time and aggravation. What a drag :weary: I hope your dog has left the nectarine pit behind and is feeling better :sweat_smile:

@cleaneater80 and @CarolAnnM2 you are on tracking duty! You've got this :heart:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Had a nice long weekend ate the shore with hubby. I ate seafood every meal except breakfasts. I also had a cocktail with quite a few dinners. But that’s done. It was great fun. Now it’s time to turn things around. I will log my meals as best I can this week. I also need to up my water game now that I’m home. Being out and about and drinking water just doesn’t work for me. I will pee myself. No joke. So I did not drink enough I know. I ate so many meals out now it’s time to eat at home. What is everyone cooking this week?

@MoonlitMuse Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear about your pup and the car. Glad you got home safely.
    @conleywoods have a great trip! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday. 🎂🎈🎉 Post some photos from your beach trip.
    @jugar Hope you get some good news on your foot.
    @PlaneMonkey Good luck with your games this week
    @CarolAnnM2 You've got this!! I know you can do it!
    @ashleycarole86 i only have two days last week with a step count (Fitbit broke) Do you want those?
  • jugar
    Options
    Time is coming up for the Tuesday Twosome -

@lauren_989
    @MaddawgMadsen

Thanks!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 213.2

It's green, I will take it! I had a couple over indulgences on Thursday and Friday, but tried to not let that ruin the whole week.

We have an orange weather alert this yesterday and today. It was fine yesterday, because it's my body pump class (inside). It doesn't seem terrible out, would you walk outside? Tuesdays I usually go for a walk. 🤷🏼‍♀️

@MoonlitMuse I hope your puppy is doing ok!
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    We have an orange weather alert this yesterday and today. It was fine yesterday, because it's my body pump class (inside). It doesn't seem terrible out, would you walk outside? Tuesdays I usually go for a walk. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    I would go for a walk, but then use a neti pot or other saline nasal rinse afterwards. I use it 2-4 times a day when the smoke is bad. Or whenever my nasal passages or ears seem a bit blocked - highly recommended by my ear doc. If you have asthma or something, don't go walking without a mask!

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Ah, Tuesday. My Frienemy.

PW: 182.8
    CW: 182.0

Slightly in the green. Not as much as I wanted, but more than I expected after this last week. Especially after last night. We had customers in town and treated them to a steak dinner which of course included a few hard seltzers (it would have been beer if not for a silly gluten sensitivity). But, the win is that I still made it to CrossFit today even though it kicked my butt!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I hear you on the popcorn! I eat popcorn almost every day. Luckily, I discovered the skinny pop bags at Sam's Club. I can get a big box (30 bags or so) for fairly cheap. It's only 100 calories/bag, so it makes a great snack and curbs my popcorn addiction.

I know I also said I love ice cream and that is true. But, I haven't found a good substitute for that yet because I can't buy the lower calorie, portioned serving containers. I end up having multiple servings in a single sitting. I don't like sorbet. I buy a smaller container and I eat the whole container. It's a mess. So, I just don't buy it unless I am willing to add the calories for that day.

Lastly, @PlaneMonkey, you mentioned fries in the air fryer. Delicious. I love potatoes. All potatoes. In every form. I will even eat them raw. My dad grew up in Idaho and developed a habit of eating raw potatoes that he passed down to me.

I always thought it was alcohol that was my biggest barrier to losing weight. Since calorie counting, I have found it is the three foods listed above - popcorn, ice cream, potatoes. Meal prepping and planning ahead have helped tremendously to allow me these food loves without over doing it.

What are other people's food weaknesses and what strategies have you implemented to help avoid them or only eat them in moderation?
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I have some foods that are triggers and I can't put down once I start, like cheese doodles. I just don't buy them or have them in the house. I find that once I have been eating "healthy," I don't crave the foods as much.

This is a great topic for discussion. Trigger foods are kind of scary. If avoided, we feel strong and virtuous. If used as a treat, they can easily get out of control. Serious shopping control is required! They cannot come into the house except on a "free day" or other careful exception

There are also slightly less intense triggers. These are not quite as difficult to stop consuming and do not create cravings that are as impossible to handle, but still lead to higher calories or consumption than we would like.

For me, there are the crazy triggers (certain ice creams, or salty treats in the trail mix or crunchy veggie straws, corn chips, etc. categories). Then there are the foods that just have too many calories for the volume of food - anything with flour, grains, noodles, etc.). I love having large volumes of food with less calorie density - in other words, tons of vegetables of the non-starchy variety, some veggies that are slightly starchy, pulses (beans), fish, fruits, and non-fat dairy.

How does it work for you? How do you keep them in a good balance?
  • jugar
    Options
    Upcoming weigh-in for Wednesday:

@jeezlawheeze - I hope you're still with us! You missed last week, but that is no biggie. check in and all will be well!
This discussion has been closed.