Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,851 Member
    Options
    I’m with Athijade. I do love a good long thunderstorm with lots of rain.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    ⛈️⛈️⛈️
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    This sleeping thing is getting boorrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! Even fitbit agrees we've gone over 8 hours and that involves WAY more than 10 in bed!!! :unamused:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    This sleeping thing is getting boorrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! Even fitbit agrees we've gone over 8 hours and that involves WAY more than 10 in bed!!! :unamused:

Obviously your body is requiring the rest PAV. Don’t question it! Once you’re healed up you’ll be able to ease into your regular routine faster.

I - much like Athijade- developed a roaring kidney infection over the weekend. Painful, uncomfortable and annoying. Saw the nurse practitioner today. Much peeing in the little jar and lots of antibiotics which haven’t kicked in yet. Hoping it’s going to get better quickly because I’ve got a trip to Houston next week. I’m kind of gobsmacked because the last UTI I had was nearly 15 years ago.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    :hushed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :'(
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

I - much like Athijade- developed a roaring kidney infection over the weekend. Painful, uncomfortable and annoying. Saw the nurse practitioner today. Much peeing in the little jar and lots of antibiotics which haven’t kicked in yet. Hoping it’s going to get better quickly because I’ve got a trip to Houston next week. I’m kind of gobsmacked because the last UTI I had was nearly 15 years ago.

Ugh! I am so sorry you are dealing with that as well! They are the worst!

Do you have some AZO? You can get it OTC and I find it helps a lot those first few days.

I am actually no longer on Cipro because I started to have extreme pain in my lower legs. Since a serious side effect of Cipro is tendon rupture, my doctor took me off of it and put me on Macrobid instead. Which sucks because now I have to do another 7 days and I was already like 4 days through the Cipro. But better then having a tendon snap I guess.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    No Azo. Not sure what the nurse prescribed except that it’s working just fine. Two pills in and I feel much better. The pain is gone. So only six days more and I’ll be good to go on my Houston trip. The miracle of antibiotics!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    We had a severe mental health crisis that was set off by some (expletive deleted) shooting off fireworks, including four of the house-rattling big shells, at irregular intervals from 11pm-1 am on Saturday night, thereby destroying his night's sleep, and then his anxiety spinning up whether or not he could sleep....which always keeps one awake.... soooo three days without sleep and he was not in his right mind. Emergency medication was obtained, and he is now asleep and has been in bed since about 11 am. So we'll see how he does. I'm okay. Doing OMAD because it seems easier and simpler in a lot of ways, and I'm tolerating it well. I let myself do 18/6 if I need lunch AND dinner.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What is it with people? Their temporary pleasures and whims are more important than the peace of their neighbors!
    We have firecracker artistes here too. While I hate the noise, my biggest fear is fire. Hasn’t rained in over a month and the trees and plants are tinder dry.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I agree

👎🏻🎇🎆
    Options
    The puppy wanted to start the day at 4:30 am. (headdesk)

So I let her out, waited till she was done with her business, and let her back in and went back to bed. 7:30 is a far more sensible time to get up. I have hopes that this will not be a regular thing as she grows up and gets bigger.

We have also discovered the wonders of tiny bites of mozzarella sticks. They motivate us to sit very nicely.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    We have also discovered the wonders of tiny bites of mozzarella sticks. They motivate us to sit very nicely.

Like your pup, I too have discovered the wonders of mozzarella sticks. I wish tiny bites would suffice for me. Usually I need two whole sticks before sitting nicely. 😂
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »

Like your pup, I too have discovered the wonders of mozzarella sticks. I wish tiny bites would suffice for me. Usually I need two whole sticks before sitting nicely. 😂

Preferably coated in batter and deep fried. 😂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    From innocence to sinful so quickly… isn’t that the way with food 😜
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    8509lms275vg.png
    Just plain mozzarella sticks. No batter or frying needed. Sometimes you just need a hit of protein. Two sticks = 100 calories.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I like the cracked pepper ones… I’m not sure if they’re mozzarella and cheddar… But they’re dangerous because they’re so delicious it’s easy to eat more than two
    Options
    Aldi's has cheese sticks that are monterey jack with habaneros in them. I buy them for my partners, as I don't do heat very well.

Last night we went to bed late because he went out to a meeting, and after I let them out at ten, both dogs came in the front rooms, went into their crates, and went to sleep very pointedly. Ok. Training complete, I guess....! Now if I can get her to understand not pooping inside, we'll have things in order.
    Tomorrow we'll wash both dogs and do their nails, and feed them the heartworm medication. Fortunately they like it pretty well.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    You’re a good puppy mama Alexandra! Those dogs know when they’re loved.
    Options
    Well, they want to be good dogs, and all I have to do is show them what I want them to do so they can be good dogs.

Crate training is useful for vet visits and traveling, and if I have the plumber in, for example, I'll crate the dogs. Then he can open the door as much as he needs to, he doesn't have someone "helping" him, and if he doesn't like dogs he doesn't have to deal with them. Same with company. If my elderly mother in law comes over I'll crate the dogs and then let them out to meet her once she's seated and stable.