WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    You bet, I'll take them. I have been terrible with my reports lately but everything is nicely tracked and available on the spreadsheets for folks to see. Glad you had a lovely celebration. I have been eating a lot of salads this week but I had dinner out with some friends tonight.

Social eating for me is a general trigger.
    I get caught up in the "well everyone else is doing it" mentality..
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune Yikes! I hope your roof gets its temporary fix so that you can vacation without worries. So much water in so many places these days... Drinking lots of the stuff is usually a good idea, but this is ridiculous!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @jugar Having a plan that I stick to is my biggest tool for keeping trigger foods and habits in check. Also, including in the plan a day or a meal where I will track calories, but I will allow myself to go over my daily allowance.

For example, Friday is that day this week. 7pm MST (I live in Colorado) is the start of the first U.S. game in the Women's World Cup. I plan to be at one of my favorite restaurant bars watching this game. I have it narrowed down to two locations, but either one, I am guaranteed to go over my calories. But, it is okay because my plan also includes many days of sticking to my budget. This outing is my treat for doing that.

My one true food trigger is ice cream. It is the only food I cannot keep myself from eating if it is in the house. So, I just make sure it is not in the house. When I've budgeted calories for it or I have it in my plan to go over calories to allow for it, I buy a pint and share it with my husband.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Early Weigh In
    PW 77.9
    CW 77.0
    I'm at the hospital today getting my knee surgery and have just been weighed fully clothed. So I thought I'd use this because I won't be able to stand on the scales on Saturday.

I hope the surgery goes brilliantly and that you'll be back in action soon. Hugs!
  • wdalzell5401
    wdalzell5401 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @wishfuljune why do things like that happen just when it's least convenient. Not that a roof showering your bed with water could ever be considered convenient, but just before going away for a relaxing break is the ultimate in bad timing! I hope it gets fixed up without any more problems. Enjoy your holiday.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CW: 96.8
    PW: 96.9

A tiny loss but a loss none the less.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @lauren_989 Re: Donuts 🍩 I have to ask having lived in GSO, is it Krispie Kreme (with the HOT light) or Donut World that you crave?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Social eating for me is a general trigger.

Social eating is definitely a trigger for me too. I grew up with the food is love mentality.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @lauren_989 Re: Donuts 🍩 I have to ask having lived in GSO, is it Krispie Kreme (with the HOT light) or Donut World that you crave?

Donut World?? I can say that neither Oregon nor Colorado have this. In Portland, Oregon, Voodoo Donuts is all the rage. In my small hometown, there's a place called Up With Donuts. Apparently it used to be Up Your Donut in the 80s. And, my current small town is getting a donut shop that opens next month. It's name is Donuts. Original, I know.

Now I want a donut. I guess even talking about delicious food, like donuts, can be a trigger. Sorry if I did that to anyone else!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 Social eating for me is a general trigger.

Social eating is definitely a trigger for me too. I grew up with the food is love mentality.

Food is love in my family, too. My mom is constantly baking sweets and sending them to our house. Luckily, I have a husband I can pawn most of them off on. And, when he doesn't want them, I can take them to work. But, every single week there is some sweet in our house from my mom, and it is okay because this is how she shows love.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    @micki48 definitely not krispy kreme lol. I have to say, I have been addicted to publix donuts (crazy I know) and they are literally right next to my work. Otherwise, I love duck donuts and granny's donuts. Again, local chain places that are amazing. Duck donuts makes the donut right in front of you. It's a cake donut with any topping you want served hot and fresh everytime. I like the smore one that has chocolate icing, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow drizzle 🤤
This discussion has been closed.