WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 oh no! I just had it like 3 or 4 weeks ago, also my THIRD time. this one was actually the worst of them all I think, because my cough was soooo bad. I couldn't sleep for 2-3 days because I literally could not angle my body at all to lie down. Feel better! Take care of yourself <3
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 283.8
    CW: 286.2

Not surprised, given how the week started. I am flying to Chicago today (if these thunderstorms will move along, my flight has already been delayed twice, ugh) for a family wedding over the weekend so that may also set me back in calories - but I'm going to marinate on some good meal ideas for when I am back home on Sunday.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 191.4
    PW 191.6
    Tiny squeak of a loss!

@ashleycarole86 that sucks for Covid, again!! Rest and water might not be what you had planned, but hopefully symptoms pass soon and you can get back to your energetic self.

@wishfuljune You are a machine getting it all done and sticking with your workout goals. Well done!

@Kali225 I just received my official diagnosis of ADHD last week at age 42. It's crazy how much our understanding of this condition has changed in recent years and it's revealed that often women were overlooked as children since we weren't bouncing off the walls like some of the little boys were. We tended to be more of the inattentive type and our report cards from teachers had comments more about "she should pay a bit more attention" or "talks too much". The online surveys and diagnostic tools give a pretty good indication if the symptoms you're experiencing are affecting your life to the extent that intervention would be a good thing. Even after getting a diagnosis people will still gaslight themselves and think they tricked the psychologist or are actually just "lazy" after all and won't even be ready to accept that they way their brain functions and the actions and emotions they have are not their "fault". Often anxiety and depression are what we get treated for instead since the feelings of failure, rejection sensitivity, staying organized and being unable to plod through boring work have made our adult lives much harder than lots of our peers. Accepting that you're part of the 5% of the population who's neurodivergent can come with a lot of inner peace and forgiveness and a lot of the depression and anxiety goes away once you realize the cause of your struggles isn't your fault and that there are other medications and tools available to help you succeed. The acceptance phase unfortunately can be quickly followed by a lot of what-ifs around who you could have been or what you could have achieved if only you'd known sooner and could have gotten help and learned strategies to succeed in a society that has expectations created by people who don't function as you do. The medication I'm currently trialing is one known for helping with binge-eating and I have definitely noticed an appetite suppression while on it. If you want to reach out to me directly I'm more than willing to share what I've learned and experienced so far on this journey. There are SO MANY podcasts and articles and new research being done especially focusing on women, our experiences and interactions with our horomone cycles as we've been underdiagnosed for decades.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    it's revealed that often women were overlooked as children since we weren't bouncing off the walls like some of the little boys were. We tended to be more of the inattentive type and our report cards from teachers had comments more about "she should pay a bit more attention" or "talks too much".

@PlaneMonkey It's great that you got a diagnosis, even if it took way too long! My report cards were always great with the exception of one note, "needs to work on self-management skills." I would get bored and distract everyone around me. I had one teacher suggest that it could be ADD, but my parents didn't want me to be on the medications they thought were being prescribed too freely at that time. So, I never got a diagnosis, and at this point in life, I have enough strategies to stay organized well enough.

@Kali225 I think it is great that you are getting help, especially if this is hindering your life in any way!

@ashleycarole86 Rest up and beat COVID again!

@wishfuljune It sucks that the roof leak happened just before vacation. But, great job on getting it taken care of AND being committed to yourself by working out when you know you have time!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I'm sorry to hear you have covid again! We are definitely seeing an uptick of it here in NC.

@wishfuljune I hope you can get the roof squared away and relax on your vacation!

I have had a busy week. I had 2 dinner work meetings and while I tried to stay within calories, I didn't meet my steps those 2 days. I'm hoping I can get out for a walk after dinner before the sun sets. My car said 96 when I was leaving work and it's still 86 right now.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Hoping that everyone is feeling well and taking good care of yourselves - the insights into work, the brain, how we work through things, and how to share with each other are all beautiful, as usual. Thank you all for the willingness to open the doors :heart:

I had a sweet visit with my dad today. He was feeling good, and able to understand and participate in conversation better than on many days. We sat outside in the small enclosed garden area at the care home where he lives, and just talked about all kinds of things. Sang silly songs. He thought it was cool that our hands and wedding rings look alike. He asked if my horse can galop, and loved that my kids are at the stage in their careers where they get to supervise other people. Sure he asked the same questions a few times, and repeated the same things, observed that there was water squishing out of the cushion I was sitting on many times! It had rained earlier, and someone had flipped all the cushions to the dry side, but there was still water on the underneath. He enjoyed that, somehow :blush: I'll go back tomorrow and Sunday morning - it is nice just to pass the time together.

Saturday folks, it is time! And a few remaining weigh-ins due from pre-Saturday:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @Pearl4686
    @IDebraK
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

PW: 174.6
    CW: 173 (still! even though this week I saw 170.something, grrr)
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 hope you feel better soon xx

PW: 153.6
    CW: 153.8

Sun- 500
    Mon: 8606
    Tue- 11404
    Wed - 4635
    Thur - 11105
    Fri - 10462
    Sat - 1000
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    The Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 23rd. Please join me this week as we start Making Plans. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10895465/july-week-4-group-challenge-making-plans#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm truly sorry Waistaways,
    My week was rubbish. Last week of school, quite stressful too.
    My son's practical driving test - he passed 😁🚘woop! Woop! 😂
    Lots of work in cleaning the school before summer holidays. Catering job in hotel full on as well, quite few drinking nights, too....
    All adds up to my gain...
    CW 297.7lbs 😢

I'll do better next week, I promise ❤️

Have a great Sunday all 🎉❤️
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Today was a lovely day! My dad was pretty out of it, but I brought my flute and played a whole lot of waltzes, hopwaltzes (aka polkas!), hornpipes, and other dances while we sat in the garden on a beautiful afternoon. Several of the other residents came out as well, and we had a lovely time in the sunshine and lower humidity. Dad conducted all the pieces! Then he just wanted to know when it was time to eat. And what was for food. So cute - I love that he enjoyed the conducting, and that his time is so perfect. But also that he wanted some food pleasure. It is one of the last ones we have as things all start to slip away. So don't worry if you love food. It is good to love food.

Mind you, I did not have pizza for dinner as I had decided last night. I had sushi for lunch with a couple of old friends, so it would have been way too much to have pizza tonight. Salad did the job! And a bit of ice cream... oh well. it was there, and in a flavour I cannot get at home. OK, right?

We are still missing a few weigh-ins for this week - last call!
    @jeezlawheeze
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @Pearl4686
    @IDebraK

Hope to see you in here by 12 hours from now :smiley:
    If you have any friends who might like to join, recruitment week is about to begin. Stand by for the links!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Sad late weight in

PW 211
This discussion has been closed.