Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I posted any steps for the week so I'm going to post them for the week now. sorry @jessicakrall8

Monday 12677
    Tuesday 10885
    Wednesday 3388
    Thursday 11489
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    @bearchested - You’ve been so committed to your training in preparation for the ride — It’s very inspiring! I’ll look forward to hearing about your experience.

I’ve only been to Iowa once, but it seemed quite bike-friendly to me. I was in Des Moines visiting my brother when he was coaching the Iowa Wild hockey team; so, we spent more time in the arena than sightseeing, but I enjoyed the vibrant downtown and noticed the bike paths along the river. It must be pure pleasure for cyclists to have such long, uninterrupted routes. We had unseasonably warm weather that weekend, and enjoyed walking along the path at Pappajohn Sculpture Park, too. My nephews used to call my father - their grandfather - Papa John so it felt like a perfect day.

I’m sure the ride will be scenic and fun! My older son loved taking pictures of the clear night sky during our visit. I’m not sure if you are staying at hotels along the bike route, or camping out, but the stars will probably be beautiful.
    Will you visit friends and family while you’re there?

Best wishes in your bucket list goal! I bet you’ll be at - or very close to your goal weight by the end of the trip! Good work 👍🏼 to both you and your support network at home!

Thanks! My hometown of Grinnell is about 60 miles east of Des Moines. I'll be meeting my family there at one of my favorite ice cream shops. I'm staying with a friend near Des Moines right now before we head out tomorrow. We'll be camping every night, sometimes in someone's yard that someone on our team knows, and sometimes at the general campground. I love camping so I'm looking forward to it.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I posted any steps for the week so I'm going to post them for the week now. sorry
    jessicakrall8

Monday 12677
    Tuesday 10885
    Wednesday 3388
    Thursday 11489
    @alleykat69
    We still need Sat the 15th and Sunday the 16th, thank you!

• Pupowl
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    My mom is going home today, so I will be able to help update the sheet again. I was just too busy or tired to check in the past few days, sorry! <3
    @pedal__power
    Thank you! We did have a nice time, though not a lot of success with the birds. It was a hut a bit in the forest and it isn't that easy to take pictures in low light. I will share some pictures later today.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 144.4
    CW 144.8
    Maybe it wasn't a good idea to eat all the leftovers in the fridge the day before a weigh in 🤔 even my hubby said you cooked too much food last night !
    I've missed my Dance fit classes this week so will be glad when they resume this week.I could have been to the gym but I don't enjoy it as much.So I'm going to make the effort to go this afternoon as my hubby is working & it's raining so no excuse not to.
    How do others on here handle lack of motivation to exercise ? Mine varies,I think mindset has alot to do with it.
    Have a great weekend everyone ❤️
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Walela617

WI Day: Sunday
    PW: 152.6 (7/09 - WK 2)
    CW: 152.4 (7/16 - WK 3)
    LTD: 2.4 (From 154.8 on Sunday, 6/25)

Sorry I'm so late for week 3 weigh in and thanks for the reminder! (I thought I had posted on 7/16 but was unable to find it.)

I will post my Week 4 WI tomorrow, 7/23.

(I understand that the final date for July weigh-ins will be Saturday, July 29; so I will weigh in a day earlier to make the deadline.)

All-time highest weight: 217 lbs. on 2/29/2008 (Currently down 64.4 from 217.)

Have a great weekend! 💗
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/15-7/21: 63,897 (Average: ~9,128/day)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    My mom is going home today, so I will be able to help update the sheet again. I was just too busy or tired to check in the past few days, sorry! <3
    @pedal__power
    Thank you! We did have a nice time, though not a lot of success with the birds. It was a hut a bit in the forest and it isn't that easy to take pictures in low light. I will share some pictures later today.

I didn't realize your Mom was visiting @pupowl and I was wondering if you'd been overdoing things working on your yard/garden and weren't feeling well...no worries...glad it was for something happy and not illness.

My swelling has gone down some but not all...please mark me as EXC for this third week...I carried over the weight from last week, but wanted to let you know as I'd promised I would do.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Walela617

WI Day: Sunday
    PW: 152.6 (7/09 - WK 2)
    CW: 152.4 (7/16 - WK 3)
    LTD: 2.4 (From 154.8 on Sunday, 6/25)

Sorry I'm so late for week 3 weigh in and thanks for the reminder! (I thought I had posted on 7/16 but was unable to find it.)

I will post my Week 4 WI tomorrow, 7/23.

(I understand that the final date for July weigh-ins will be Saturday, July 29; so I will weigh in a day earlier to make the deadline.)

All-time highest weight: 217 lbs. on 2/29/2008 (Currently down 64.4 from 217.)

Have a great weekend! 💗

@Walela617 There's only one weigh in left for July...week 4 on Sun, Jul 23rd, so weigh in on your weigh day and your next weigh in will be Sun, Jul 30th and that starts our August stats...sometimes the calendar just falls funny. Just watch the chart as it's always clearly marked.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Steps 7/15-7/21: 63,897 (Average: ~9,128/day)

@Walela617
    Please break down your steps, as we don't record averages...you had a great week! Let me know and I'll get the chart updated.
    7/15
    7/16
    7/17
    7/18
    7/19
    7/20
    7/21
    Jessica
  • Jlswensen
    Jlswensen Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Jlswensen
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    PW: 212.1
    CW: 212.6
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 144.4
    CW 144.8
    Maybe it wasn't a good idea to eat all the leftovers in the fridge the day before a weigh in 🤔 even my hubby said you cooked too much food last night !
    I've missed my Dance fit classes this week so will be glad when they resume this week.I could have been to the gym but I don't enjoy it as much.So I'm going to make the effort to go this afternoon as my hubby is working & it's raining so no excuse not to.
    How do others on here handle lack of motivation to exercise ? Mine varies,I think mindset has alot to do with it.
    Have a great weekend everyone ❤️

One of my favorite sayings is "discipline over motivation." Motivation is very fleeting and typically follows action, moreso than preceding action. I give myself grace to do less than I normally do (i.e., reduce weight to be lifted, reduce volume, or shorten cardio time / distance) as long as I do something. Very often if I start it ends better than anticipated. And any activity is better than none, even if less than optimal.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’ll be taking a break during the month of August. So, this is a good time to fill the ShapeShifters ‘motivator’ role.

We’ve been seeking a couple of people for the motivator role since May, when I let @jessicakrall8 know that I’d like to step down after filling the role for a year.

I volunteered to help support the ShapeShifter team in May 2022 and I think I was ‘officially’ listed as motivator in June 2022, but I haven’t been able to do as well as I thought I would. I’ll continue to post items that might be helpful and will always encourage our team members but there are some family tasks that need more attention from me. Thanks for understanding.

I think it would be good to have a couple active motivators since people connect in various ways. When I first started, I took an informal poll about what motivates our team members. I compiled the information and I would be happy to share it with the new motivators, along with some of the strategies I tested out a while back. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to keep up with some of the ones that seemed to work best.

It would be ideal if someone - or some two - could step forward before I leave for my vacation on July 29th. Feel free to send a direct message to me or Jessica if you are will to consider the support role. Thank you!!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 208.2
    CW 210.0

• Pupowl
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters. I had a busy few days. On Tuesday my dad came over, we got a pancake for lunch, then drove to his place, scoured the area for some nice tree branches so I can make perches in the garden for more natural bird pictures and then I drove back alone so I had the car while my mom was here. She arrived on Wednesday with her brother. He got me a gift card and two bags of bird seed which was really sweet. We went to lunch as well and then he went back home. My mom and I didn't do much more the rest of the day.
    On Thursday we left for the photography hut around 6:30. I will put some pictures under the spoiler as usual. Overall not too happy with the shots I got. Not many birds I don't already have in the garden either, but we still had a good time. We had to go home around 14:30 because of my headache that kept getting worse despite taking 5 pills during the day and I had to go to bed as soon as we got home. It is really frustrating that I can't do anything fun without paying for it.
    On Friday we went for a walk in a new area a little further from my home. It was nice that we could explore somewhere else because of the car. It was pretty hot and we didn't really see a lot, but spotting red-backed shrikes made up for it. Really cool birds I rarely see, though they were still pretty far away. We went home after the walk, ate some food and then we drove to another new area. Sadly, we weren't able to find where we wanted to go even though we had an address and navigation; the afternoon turned into a big mess of driving around. We eventually gave up, lol, and drove to the free public lookout tower where I biked to in the past. The weather was a bit bad by that point and there wasn't much to see from the lookout, but my mom still liked seeing the place.
    This morning we had to drive back to my dad to return the car, so we weren't able to do anything else. It was a good visit, but picture wise a little meh. We did get lucky with the weather, since now we are getting rain for the next week or so. I am exhausted, so early bed tonight! Happy Saturday everyone <3

Pictures from the bird place.
    d1sy5s3vkzq0.jpg
    8nk2k1lqwbz8.jpg
    d49uf7qnjiiw.jpg
    vxxzixnlml0i.jpg
    4kcc7wkqn8ll.jpg
    4pnmumv21z8s.jpg
    k05dvtod4emj.jpg
    sszpsdbyf5gj.jpg
    p8cv6ib0s1f5.jpg
    qggwl4ij7fci.jpg
    c9di04wr815m.jpg

Pictures from the walk and a 500 piece puzzle I managed to finish before my mom showed up.
    qbtsrxn7kfgs.jpg
    upmynb23t7vl.jpg
    idrq80mu53z2.jpg
    mx7vyite5qyt.jpg
    j40nmh8ys70e.jpg
    tye72mwc8pts.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    edited July 2023
    Options
    The July Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 23rd. Please join me this week as we start Making Plans. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10895465/july-week-4-group-challenge-making-plans#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    dcctis61w488.jpg
    We're missing two weigh ins for the week:

@alleykat69
    @JScottJr1988

Stats begin early on Sunday, so please report in tonight! Thanks!

Walkers, please take a look at the chart and for any past empty spots, please list your dates/steps in the chat thread and I'll get them caught up! Appreciate you!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl So glad you had a good visit with your family...your bird and other wildlife pics are so beautiful, as always...also love that puzzle...

I've been trying to keep my AC usage a little tighter...used to do day 75/night 70 and now I'm doing day 77/night 72-73 but it's just been so humid that it's hard. Last night, I slept with the fan pointed on me and woke up with a stiff neck and one ear has been bothering me today...won't do that again...can point it on my body but not towards my head. Just trying to do what I could to get comfortable. UGH...my swelling is coming down, but it's still not 100% gone...knee has been a little stiff today so been doing my indoor walking in bits/pieces and resting in between. Stayed home and used my air fryer and microwave today to heat things up...no way was I using my stove...just trying to stay cool.

How's everyone else's weekend going? Trying to talk myself into getting up tomorrow, washing my hair and heading out to get it cut. Not sure if I will or not...might wait one more week. Just being lazy...really want to walk and read tomorrow. Trying to finish the last book in a series of 5 by Jenny Colgan.

Well I hope the rest of your weekend goes well! I'll be in and out of the chat tomorrow if anyone needs me. Please consider @PatriceFitnessPal 's message from earlier...we really need 1-2 motivators...not a difficult job...only takes a little online research each week and some creativity...could really use your help. Think about it...email me or her if you have questions...
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.