Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    🎉Congratulations to all those who had a loss this week and those of us hanging in here 🎉

Welcome to all the new members and those returning.

I’m trying to read back to catch up some.

My updates:

Trying hard to get back to my no carbs
    Drink more water
    Get naps
    Get my 10k steps

My husband is struggling with the amount of pain. Healing bones that need surgery but can’t have it due to the risks is rough. Nighttime is hard on both of us. I’m like a walking 🧟‍♀️ at this point. But we are managing.

I’m just thankful he made it through this.

My neighbors have been taking turns cooking for us and that has been extremely helpful.

His nephew (my sons age) arrived yesterday and will be helping out before the kids travel back for school.

I’m not sure when I will leave Istanbul due to his recovery. So thankful we have a home here. Being settled is a blessing.

No zeros…

Naps!!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 174.1
    CW: 174.1
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    maggybd
    PW: 207.8
    CW: 206.4
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thanks for suggesting that I use fun things to distract me from binges. Fun fact - doing chores is probably the most relaxing thing for me. I love cooking and cleaning. I rarely have time for it and I consider it a luxury:0) I also really like walking so 1000 steps and 2 chores is the equivalent of getting a manicure for most people:0)

I sort of lost 1.4 lbs this week. I say "sort of" because really I have been fluctuating between 208 and 206 for 2 weeks. A friend of mine is coming to spend time with me August 26. She is not the judgemental type but I would really like to be under 200 by then. This is 2lbs a week which doesn't usually happen for me (mostly because I am not sufficiently consistent, not because of my metabolism). I know it doesn't really matter if I am 199 or 203 on August 26, she wouldn't be able to tell or care but I still like the idea of being under 200 by this totally artificial deadline. Let's see if I can make it happen.

Lots of people weighing in today! Good luck to everyone.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Will try harder next week :#
    Username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:258.1
    CW:264.5
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 232.8
    CW: 230.6

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thank you re: the layoffs. It is hard! I used to use sweeteners, particularly I used Splenda, but I've read that a study found that it changes your DNA and may cause cancer! So I stopped using Splenda and either use real sugar or Stevia. Here is a link to an article about what I am talking about: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/a-chemical-found-in-common-artificial-sweetener-may-cause-dna-damage-cancer

@Cornanda THANK YOU! You've got this, you can do this. Keep thinking of Superman! <3 I'm glad you are enjoying your new workout. Holy Bananas is a weird thing to say! lol

@19shmoo69 @mkksemail I am part of another group of ladies that check-in. We've been doing it for about 5 years now and we have new members come and go. So, yes, I troll other groups lol. I do not do other challenges, this one is enough to keep up with lol.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Guess what? They fought last night. :( I was on the phone and my husband was watching them and one was on the floor and the other just lunged at the other! My husband got skinned knees but that is all. Thank you! Great job ordering fruit instead of fries. That would be hard to do. Yay for the fence being done! I'm so glad the tea maker responded!

@AmbersWay That's good you have the support of your neighbors and nephew. HUGS.

@maggybd Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I lost 2.2 lbs this week, which I am very excited about. It would have been more but I ate pasta for dinner last night. I think using MFP to track, drinking lots of water, and getting in a bit of exercise is working. I plan on joining the YMCA so I can go to classes regularly but my husband wants me to go once a week for 2 months as a non-member to make sure I will go as a paid member. Fair enough. I may go to a class tonight, I don't know.

I made minty peach iced tea this week. I didn't put any sweetener in it and it is perfect and so refreshing. Here is the recipe, if you are interested: https://leitesculinaria.com/414415/recipes-peach-iced-tea-mint.html

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should have clarified, I was asking about the other Fat2Fit groups. You know the "competition".
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 123.6
    CW (Current Weight): 124.2
    This gain is a good thing... I am trying to get back to my goal range of 127-133.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @maggybd- that is too funny about the chores! Thanks for sharing.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in Day Saturday
    PW 211.8
    CW 210,3
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 230
    Todays Weight: 229
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @trooworld you have done great this week. I hope you enjoy the classes at the Y.

@maggybd cheering you in for onderland. I see people have success by cutting sugar.

I’m just checking in real quick. I’m tired but we’re doing ok. We brought a new lay z boy today. Hubby took a good nap in it. That was a relief.

I don’t think my WI this week will go well. The takeaway food for 10 days has to catch up with me.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - I'm glad your hubby was able to get some sleep in the chair. Healing happens during sleep.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's a good update, @AmbersWay !
    lol on 'the competition' @19shmoo69 😄

Happy Saturday, Slims! 🙋‍♀️

- mk :) (Maine)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    The August Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 6th. Please join us for PFW + 1 Challenge. You'll have to stop by to figure it out!!! Acronyms are tricky things!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10896586/august-week-2-group-challenge-pfw-1-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.